Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

He made it to 52. Eddie vedder is also 52. he just needs to hold out until december to break the tie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Im in my graaaaaave
Liiiiike a stone
I'll waaaait for you there
Alone

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
When I was like 6 or 7, I'd bring the family's panasonic boombox downstairs and play Super Mario 64 with Audioslave playing at like max loving volume. That and Rush.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

rip chris corner lead singer of iamx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YEn0r74HgY

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Very sad to hear Chris Cornell passed away :( What a shock, was not expecting to wake up to this awful news at all.

Nick Rivers posted:

Wow who would have thought that Tad would be one of the last left standing from that era
(Just a cool obscure PNW grunge reference for all you old fart gen-x'ers out there)

TAD kicks rear end, I have been listening to them a ton lately

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Eddie Vedder status, still alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM0zINtulhM

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

drat, his songs were a staple of my teen years.

RIP

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It's a dark universe when Eddie Vedder is the last major grunge singer alive.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
No one cares, but Pearl Jam and Soundgarden fall under the "alternative rock" category. Not really grunge, like Nirvana.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

No one cares, but Pearl Jam and Soundgarden fall under the "alternative rock" category. Not really grunge, like Nirvana.

You're right, no one cares.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Audioslave is loving awesome :colbert:

Shadow of the sun, Cochise, I am the highway, like a stone, and show me how to live are all awesome (amazing)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Chris Cornell (RIP) reminds me of Geoff Tate. Terrific singers but I don't listen to songs for them.

Outshined and Rusty Cage made Road Rash better tho.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

Pearl Jam will be the last remaining grunge band just like Paul McCartney will be the last living Beatle for one simple reason: we live in the worst possible time line.

Pete Best will be the last Beatle and some dorks that never made it out of Seattle will live on for a decade longer than pearl jam

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I heard he was just about to leak some DNC emails. Makes u think.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

5er posted:

I heard he was just about to leak some DNC emails. Makes u think.

Did he have pizza in his system?!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

dentist toy box posted:

It's a dark universe when Eddie Vedder is the last major grunge singer alive.

Corgan? I know he's not doing it now, but he was back then.

Black Francis?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

mike12345 posted:

You're right, no one cares.

I care. :(

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only good grunge bands were Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Jane's Addiction Pearl Jam.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

somnambulist posted:

Audioslave is loving awesome :colbert:

Shadow of the sun, Cochise, I am the highway, like a stone, and show me how to live are all awesome (amazing)

No one seems to ever mention "Wide Awake". I love that baseline and guitar solo. Just a high energy track.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

wasnt the term grunge coined by fashion designers or music press to describe a way of dressing? like I doubt a bunch of musicians in the pnw sat down at some sort of round table meeting and all decided they were going to call themselves that

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Superunknown was the first album I ever went and bought a cassette tape to listen to over and over on my brother's walkman, it still loving owns

https://youtu.be/CfPGqXxdrfk

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU4L6THYAbM

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
as a teenager I appreciated him expressing optimism in a song about how bad he loving sucks at life which just makes him hanging himself in the end even more hosed

https://youtu.be/EKd2KiW0Olg

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
This was definitely a jacking related death, no grown man not in prison hangs himself

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
if he was at least trying to jerk off and not kill himself it really does make it way less sad

fingers crossed for jerkdeath

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

davecrazy posted:

I mean, sound garden was blandly inoffensive.

dat voice though

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

correct on superunknown

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Secular Humanist posted:

if he was at least trying to jerk off and not kill himself it really does make it way less sad

fingers crossed for jerkdeath

Yeah but even in death, how loving embarrassing is that poo poo?!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I liked some of his songs. Shame about the suicide and damning himself to hell

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
black hole sun, especially the verse, is just a loving brilliant piece of music there is so much playing with the key and every note of the melody functions to highlight the unique nature of the chord changes

poo poo just gets called "grunge" though like wtf oh well pretty sure it won a grammy

godspeed chris cornell im just gonna pretend you died whilst jacking even if you didnt

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I wasn't even a fan of Sound Garden so whatever.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Managed to snag a copy of Superunknown on vinyl before they all got snatched up. Gonna get drunk and blast it this weekend

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

I DON'T MIIIIND

BEEEEIN DEAD

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Gonna have to add a memorial tear to the sacred flannel. RIP

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Roger Ailes died and I want to make a thread about it but I care so little I can't even force myself to put any effort into an OP.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Louder than love is the best soundgarden album fyi.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
I'm trying to follow how he hanged himself but was found on the floor.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Xotl posted:

People use doorknobs I guess. I'm sure there are other waist level things too.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Xotl posted:

As far as I know, most hangings are done by tying off to a relatively low point and then just kind of laying down and suffocating yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Grisly!

• Locked thread