Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

clone on the phone posted:

CIA preop maybe.

You think snowden was offered to turn his dick inside out for a pardon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Alright people, don't everyone push those report buttons at once. Lowtax is weakened.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
This will end up in the gas chambers because goons could care less about trans pe-- I mean politics and change. So, greetings from the gas chamber!

Chelsea will make it, regardless.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Extra Large Marge posted:

The difference there though, is that the lady who won in North Carolina is smart.

Haha you're implying Chelsea Manning is dumb God drat it how are you so clever at this

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Former DILF posted:

pictured: a big fan of the alt right at the A Night for Freedom rally

I, too, like to fight the good fight by going on corporate team building exercises with my enemies and buying tickets to their events. Also cnf is stoked on an electoral candidate :lol:

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Of course she's not a CIA psy op OP, she's clearly a CIA pre op.

E: beaten like Chelsea Manning in military custody.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Tallgeese posted:

Don't you mean Northern Virginia?

more like Northern Vagina

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

14th amendment says that she's going to be shut down, hard.

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States... ...or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

She was literally found guilty of aiding the enemy.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ballistics statistics posted:

14th amendment says that she's going to be shut down, hard.

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States... ...or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

She was literally found guilty of aiding the enemy.

She wasn't found guilty of aiding the enemy.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

yo bradley get your dick out

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Orkin Mang posted:

she wore a gorgeous little number to the grammys that really flaunted her assets. long legs, roomy cod piece. im being told,im being told its a vera wang

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Egbert Souse posted:

Danica Roem had the best burn on that rear end in a top hat that refused to even debate her, though. She couldn't insult him because he's now her constituent.

haha that rules

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

agreed, none of the people who committed the war crimes that chelsea manning was so harshly punished for revealing to the world should ever be elected to public office

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I'm for whistleblowing in general and think Chelsea's punishment was gross and overzealous but I never really liked her as a person because she didn't have and rhyme or reason in the stuff she leaked and instead just released a bunch of stuff that could jeopardize innocent lives into the wind during a temper tantrum.

Like if there were a concrete goal or situation she was trying to shed light on I'd be more sympathetic but it really looked like she was just generically upset with her superiors and did a bunch of dangerous stuff that could have potentially affected a bunch of unrelated people when she was lashing out like a child.

Whether or not you agree with him snowden at least was trying to expose something specific and not just making it rain with classified documents.

ChosenbytheZetans
Jan 21, 2013
I had a political polling call last week and one of the questions was if I would vote for her, coincidentally I also had her come up on OKCupid as a potential match. Choices.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm for whistleblowing in general and think Chelsea's punishment was gross and overzealous but I never really liked her as a person because she didn't have and rhyme or reason in the stuff she leaked and instead just released a bunch of stuff that could jeopardize innocent lives into the wind during a temper tantrum.

Like if there were a concrete goal or situation she was trying to shed light on I'd be more sympathetic but it really looked like she was just generically upset with her superiors and did a bunch of dangerous stuff that could have potentially affected a bunch of unrelated people when she was lashing out like a child.

Whether or not you agree with him snowden at least was trying to expose something specific and not just making it rain with classified documents.

she’s made it pretty clear the overall culture of unconstitutionally abusing secrecy for personal, PR, and political reasons rather than security is her beef. Given that, smash-and-grabbing as much as you can and leaking it to journalists to sort out is a reasonable thing to do, especially considering her chances of leaking it without being caught were nil anyway

also, key word here:

it also “could” have made the military less cavalier about killing journalists. drawing attention to the abuses of power security-theater secrecy enables “could” save untold numbers of human lives by impeding more foreverwar bullshit. knowing they might end up held accountable by whistleblowers “could” make people less likely to grind human lives into dust for the sake of their careers and balance sheets

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 4, 2018

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Chelsea Manning is an American hero. Whistleblowers are the only true way we can preserve what little transparency this government has left. If you want a free press, you want to support whistleblowers, because that's how the actual news gets broken.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

her motives matter little, nothing could possibly justify what was done to her in retaliation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
goddamn it i agree with an 8-bit scholar post. where did my life go wrong?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

goddamn it i agree with an 8-bit scholar post. where did my life go wrong?

Enlightenment is known to come suddenly and without warning.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

OMGVBFLOL posted:

she’s made it pretty clear the overall culture of unconstitutionally abusing secrecy for personal, PR, and political reasons rather than security is her beef. Given that, smash-and-grabbing as much as you can and leaking it to journalists to sort out is a reasonable thing to do, especially considering her chances of leaking it without being caught were nil anyway

I guess that's fair, the reality that she knew enough wrong was going on that an indiscriminate approach was reasonable is a p good argument. I guess i just find something distasteful about going into it blindly over personal squabbles that makes me not want to idolize what she did, whereas something targeted with clear goals is an idea I'd completely support. Motives are imo an important part of judging someone's action.

basic hitler posted:

her motives matter little, nothing could possibly justify what was done to her in retaliation.

Agreed, it was a shameful response on our government's part.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

ChosenbytheZetans posted:

I had a political polling call last week and one of the questions was if I would vote for her, coincidentally I also had her come up on OKCupid as a potential match. Choices.

if you didn't smash yes to both you should just post a banme rn

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

ditty bout my clitty posted:

You think snowden was offered to turn his dick inside out for a pardon?

Maybe it’s punishment. Forced to turn into a chick and participate in some sort of CIA psyop :tinfoil:

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

various cheeses posted:

Maybe it’s punishment. Forced to turn into a chick and participate in some sort of CIA psyop :tinfoil:

This seems dubious, but then I do believe any and all crazy poo poo I read on the internet :thunk:

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

various cheeses posted:

I, a person motivated by pure Reason and not the emotional appeals of SJWs, definitely hold this to be highly plausible

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

*op makes a goodass honeypot to trap all the transphobes in gbs*

*transphobes descend on thread*

*op gets probated*

:thumbsup:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

kinda assumed it was a genesplicing before i realised the OP was CommieNedFlanders

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
genesplicer probated me for 3 days on the ugandan knuckles thread for mocking a bunch of racist posts before mine and i was the only one to get punished so im not surprised by this thread

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
our first woman president. make it happen. chelsea 2020

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

drjuggalo posted:

genesplicer probated me for 3 days on the ugandan knuckles thread for mocking a bunch of racist posts before mine and i was the only one to get punished so im not surprised by this thread

He's insanely bad

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Orkin Mang posted:

our first woman president. make it happen. chelsea 2020
Mother Russia is already the first female Prez.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
win or lose, chelsea running for the senate is a significant moment in american political history, and, whatever our political persuasion, ought to be recognised for her bravery. but we should also not forget chelseas forebears in the suffragette movement, but for whose courage, determination and sacrifice chelsea would not be able even to cast a solitary vote, let alone run for public office.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Orkin Mang posted:

win or lose, chelsea running for the senate is a significant moment in american political history, and, whatever our political persuasion, ought to be recognised for her bravery. but we should also not forget chelseas forebears in the suffragette movement, but for whose courage, determination and sacrifice chelsea would not be able even to cast a solitary vote, let alone run for public office.

a cool life hack to break the glass ceiling is to enter office as a man and leave as a woman

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

your friend a dog posted:

a cool life hack to break the glass ceiling is to enter office as a man and leave as a woman

and in a calf-hugging pair of glossy, high-strapped combat boots--boldly set off against that seductive pash of crimson lipgloss--what man would dare stand in the way of this siren of the senate?

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Orkin Mang posted:

and in a calf-hugging pair of glossy, high-strapped combat boots--boldly set off against that seductive pash of crimson lipgloss--what man would dare stand in the way of this siren of the senate?

*tugs collar while sweating*

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

Mother Russia is already the first female Prez.

i burned my poptart and the scorchmark on the frosting looked like v.v. putin. obviously, i reported the hacking to the fbi.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Chelsea Manning is an American hero. Whistleblowers are the only true way we can preserve what little transparency this government has left. If you want a free press, you want to support whistleblowers, because that's how the actual news gets broken.

Nope. Piece of garbage, waste products, feces. So I assume you support the memo and Nunes's efforts too, no? That was whistle-blowing. Wait, it doesn't fit the liberal-leftist agenda.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pendent posted:

Chelsea Manning is a hero. If she were running in Oregon I'd vote for her in a heartbeat.

I absolutely will back Snowden and have argued with many people over what he did. I support the hell out of him.

Manning? By all accounts Manning had a bad day and send some classified poo poo as a gently caress you to her bosses, not some ethical move in an impossible situation that pretty much ended her life. I am all for whistle blowing. I think it's important. But so are the reasons and everything I've heard about Manning's reasons and how she handled it screams rear end in a top hat, unlike Snowden who screams "well thought out crisis of ethics."

I don't know how anyone could want Snowden's head on a plate while OK with Manning running for Senate and a lot of people sure as hell won't be down with that, just on that one issue before anything else.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

R-Type posted:

Nope. Piece of garbage, waste products, feces. So I assume you support the memo and Nunes's efforts too, no? That was whistle-blowing. Wait, it doesn't fit the liberal-leftist agenda.

Whettin my whistle right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

drjuggalo posted:

I got one for posting "lol" in a thread when I've seen literal threads titled "lol" in gbs.

• Locked thread