Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

facebook jihad posted:

In the spirit of this thread I bought that Ft13 game I had heard about. It’s fun for a few playthroughs but is worth probably half of what I paid...

It was cool to be that fat guy with the fro from the third movie though.

The games fun, but way better when you play with friends who know what they are doing, because any rando pub game you join at least half of the counselors in the game will be retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also apparently the PC version has lots of hackers which sucks

i have it on PS4

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Drunken Baker posted:

Same.

Much to my shame I wrote a Jason vs Pinhead fanfic script when I was a young lad.

Who am I kidding? There's no shame to that. It was loving great. :murder:

whoa how long has that smilie been around
:murder:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

JakeP posted:

any rando pub game you join at least half of the counselors in the game will be retarded.

Just like in the movies.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Can you play as Miguel Nunez?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RLW4fjN88U

Another bonus, because he's also in Return of the Living Dead with Thom Mathews!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
You can be Shelly the fat dude, you can be Tommy Jarvis, but you can't start as him (you make a SOS call on a radio and he comes a couple minutes later, and a dead or escaped counselor plays as him), and the rest of the counselors might be based on the ones from the movies but they have different names

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JakeP posted:

The games fun, but way better when you play with friends who know what they are doing, because any rando pub game you join at least half of the counselors in the game will be retarded.

Yeah I figured it would be fun as a party game or with buddies.

And yeah even in my first playthrough as a counselor I was the last one to be killed, and I didn’t even know what I was doing. So yeah, retarded.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
So which is the better Friday the 13th music track, the opening credits theme from Part III or the Alice Cooper song?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

You're right. I'm just mad they never made a Freddy vs. Jason sequel where they both team up to fight Pinhead.
Freddy vs Jason vs Ash was also a popular concept getting kicked around. I think that one would be better than Pinhead because Pinhead is basically BDSM Freddy + Minions.

E-- they actually did make a comic series of FvJvA, and while it's nothing special it did give us this :krad: cover:

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 22, 2018

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash

I want to live in that alternative timeline.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Automatic Slim posted:

I want to live in that alternative timeline.

I honestly wouldn't considering both it and the sequel show how bad it is for Freddy to have the Necronomicon.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sheen Sheen posted:

So which is the better Friday the 13th music track, the opening credits theme from Part III or the Alice Cooper song?

Alice Cooper, followed closely by His Eyes from Part 5 :colbert:

e: followed by the four second Jason fight loop from the NES game

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Danaru posted:

If my future wife doesn't agree to have "He's Back!" as our first wedding dance then I'm not marrying her.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

whoa how long has that smilie been around
:murder:

I think from years ago in the /r/Relationship thread.

You can also play as Fox the biker chick from Part 3 in the game. Sucks hackers are ruining it on the PC though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Danaru posted:

yeah

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

I honestly wouldn't considering both it and the sequel show how bad it is for Freddy to have the Necronomicon.
Being fair I don't know if there's a good answer to "who should have The Necronomicon." It just seems like one of those no-win things.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I haven't actually experienced any hackers on PC aside from a couple folks who managed to swap Part 6 with Uber Jason somehow, and frankly that owned.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Yeah I can't wait for Uber Jason. Jason X owns. 10 films into a series about an unstoppable maniac(and his ma) is the ideal time to go full retard and make a horror film set in space.

Not part 4... Hellraiser.

The Jason films are at their best when they get dumb and bombastic.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Jason is the perfect character for a dumb movie like that because he doesn't really need a reason to be there. Get him there physically and put in some teens having sex and you've got Jason in Space or wherever.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Darkest Side of the Night is still my favorite. It's just such schlocky 80's movie music. Love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHLQLkFU-pE

His Eyes and Man Behind the Mask are tied for second, but His Eyes is cheating because it wasn't written specifically for the movie.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Speaking of rad music, Carpenter Brut's new album just dropped and it's a soundtrack to an 80s slasher movie. Great stuff.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Solice Kirsk posted:

Darkest Side of the Night is still my favorite. It's just such schlocky 80's movie music. Love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHLQLkFU-pE

His Eyes and Man Behind the Mask are tied for second, but His Eyes is cheating because it wasn't written specifically for the movie.

Yeah, His Eyes is cool. I love the super 80s dance that girl is doing. Also, I remember seeing it being somehow related to Red Letter Media, maybe they linked it or something, but it was hours of Crispin Glover doing his amazing dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y0Lpz0XV_A

edit: may have been this. This one just keeps slowing down to ridiculous levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UkJl8FmiMk

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 24, 2018

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like the part in Part 6 where the sheriff shoots jason a million times and the part where he flips the RV and stands on top of it is like a painting. I also like that Jason has a theme song composed by alice cooper

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

I like the part in Part 6 where the sheriff shoots jason a million times and the part where he flips the RV and stands on top of it is like a painting. I also like that Jason has a theme song composed by alice cooper

When I was kid I didn't understand why that one dude looked all upset when his girlfriend told him to hold on for another 10 minutes to finish the song. As a grown man I now know the full weight of finishing waaaaay too early and having to pretend you thought it was funny while really you feel like you let them down.

I guess the real Friday the Thirteenth was the sexual disappointments you made along the way.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Solice Kirsk posted:

When I was kid I didn't understand why that one dude looked all upset when his girlfriend told him to hold on for another 10 minutes to finish the song. As a grown man I now know the full weight of finishing waaaaay too early and having to pretend you thought it was funny while really you feel like you let them down.

I guess the real Friday the Thirteenth was the sexual disappointments you made along the way.

same

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

How the hell has no one posted the Crispin Glover dance from Part 4 yet?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Regrettable posted:

Hey buddy.

I got this poo poo.

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

This has all been posted before, and it will all be posted again
yeah makes no sense but it's my fav friday the 13th movie

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Regrettable posted:

What a dead gently caress

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Am I a dead gently caress?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hey buddy.

I got this poo poo.

My mistake

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

sd6 posted:

yeah makes no sense but it's my fav friday the 13th movie

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The best part about the game is that it confirms that Gordon, the golden retriever from Part 4, survived leaping out the window :woof:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Looks like someone has a deep appreciation of Part 6.

https://t.co/N0qhWuNNSW?amp=1

quote:

Located 120 feet underwater, the life-sized replica comes complete with infamous hockey mask and frightening machete. The haunting sight hearkens back to the ending of Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, when Tommy Jarvis attempts to “kill off” Jason by chaining him to the bottom of Crystal Lake.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Automatic Slim posted:

lol thats tight

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Automatic Slim posted:

Jesus christ, imagine going for your scuba diving test or whatever and running into that.

I'd probably take my diving knife and end it right then and there.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
*gets the bends immediately*

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Regrettable posted:

I’m rewatching them all and whoa (!), no one can oversell how good that dance is.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Kuato posted:

I’m rewatching them all and whoa (!), no one can oversell how good that dance is.

It truly is exceptional art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I’m marathoning these as a consequence of this thread. Part five is pretty drat funny imo, would recommend watching it.

• Locked thread