Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

not all herpers are psychos. my gf and i arn't and she feeds her snakes pre killed rats which is the safer/humane option(because a rat can gently caress up your snake)

My snake-owning friends as well, it's more humane for both the rat (I hope that those are killed in a humane fashion), and the snake, as you said. This guy is grinning. If he hasn't killed any people yet, he's on the fast track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Flyball posted:

My snake-owning friends as well, it's more humane for both the rat (I hope that those are killed in a humane fashion), and the snake, as you said. This guy is grinning. If he hasn't killed any people yet, he's on the fast track.

probably. states are really weird with what your able to keep. like where i live, you can pretty much keep anything without a license outside a few animals(mostly local wildlife) but you can own crocs and cobras if you want.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

amusinginquiry posted:

I still don't understand. He fed a puppy to a turtle?

A deformed and terminally sick puppy. Still weird to drown it though just let it die an honorable death

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Hypothetical situation :

Long long ago Coyotes and other "dog things" Would have litters in the woods. Some of them wouldn't be strong, and the mother would abandon them to care for the rest. A snapping turtle would then find the puppy and eat it. Nature.

Current Hypothetical Situation :

Lady has a dog breeding company. Shes not a back yard breeder and does her best to have healthy dogs that merit papers. Her dog has a litter. one is runty and the mother abandons it.

Now does she A : Feed it with an eye dropper into a bottle, and create a genetic monstrosity that requires thousands of vet bills through its life.

or does she B : Call Mr Tutsan who has a giant snapping turtle, something that is mostly missing from this world these days, and give the puppy to him.

In both situations the result is the same, Nature.

But for some reason this is given the most intolerant view to the point of ad homin and death threats, loss of career.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Someone snitched.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

OlmanRiver posted:

Hypothetical situation :

Long long ago Coyotes and other "dog things" Would have litters in the woods. Some of them wouldn't be strong, and the mother would abandon them to care for the rest. A snapping turtle would then find the puppy and eat it. Nature.

Lady has a dog breeding company. Shes not a back yard breeder and does her best to have healthy dogs that merit papers. Her dog has a litter. one is runty and the mother abandons it.

Now does she A : Feed it with an eye dropper into a bottle, and create a genetic monstrosity that requires thousands of vet bills through its life.

or does she B : Call Mr Tutsan who has a giant snapping turtle, something that is mostly missing from this world these days, and give the puppy to him.

But for some reason this is given the most intolerant view to the point of ad homin and death threats, loss of career.

I'm sorry, but according to this screed you're really dumb.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

It's okay to subject a living creature to a terrifying and painful death just to feed your childlike fascination with seeing things eat each other, because worse things happen in nature!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Grevling posted:

I'm sorry, but according to this screed you're really dumb.

he's just saying that he should have been fed to a snapping turtle as a baby because he was born so defective and ugly. and you know, i can't really argue with that logic.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
What would you have done with the sick puppy then? Cried as it dies over 3 days then bury it?

Drowning it was probably more humane then that.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
man who feeds dead human baby to his pets: "dont worry it was already dead. plus its nature and science. youre being very ignorant"

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

OlmanRiver posted:

Hypothetical situation :

THIS GUY WANTS TO KILL PUPPIES

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I wonder why medical euthanasia isn't an option. I mean, yeah drugs cost money but a very young puppy can't need that much to clock out.

Sad tales all around.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
I mean a breeder looking to make a profit can't bring in deformed dogs to the vet and pay 500+ dollars for euthanasia + cremation.

And no i Don't want to kill puppies, i'm trying to devil advocate this teacher.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Think about how great it must have been for the snapping turtle to eviscerate those rats and that puppy.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

How erect are you rn

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

OlmanRiver posted:

I mean a breeder looking to make a profit can't bring in deformed dogs to the vet and pay 500+ dollars for euthanasia + cremation.

And no i Don't want to kill puppies, i'm trying to devil advocate this teacher.
It does not cost 500-plus to euthanize a newborn pup, and cremationn is a known scam. There must be some shelter with a cheap option for mercy cases.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Thank you for the non ad homin answer.

So then you , as the breeder, would then pay 200? dollars and then bury it in the back yard each and every time your mother dog has a failed pup?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OlmanRiver posted:

Would it have been ok if he had fed it a "feed Rat" ?

Like is this only because its a puppy? What if it was a pet snake?? Like this is literal science in the science class. You guys with your animal class ism.

dogs are special because humans made them evolve to love us. its is evolutionary betrayal to use them as food of any kind

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

OlmanRiver posted:

So then you , as the breeder, would then pay 200? dollars and then bury it in the back yard each and every time your mother dog has a failed pup?

Logically the breeder should toss her malformed stock to a tank of snapping turtles :eng101:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

OlmanRiver posted:

As I said, there must be a shelter with a sweetheart rate. If 10 ccs of whatever barbituate combo vets use is enough for a 20-plus pound dog, then it can't be that much to sink a newborn pup directly into the heart.

And well, I'm not saying to have a mass grave for failed puppues, but I'm not *not* saying it. You feel me?

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
You would be really hard pressed to find any shelter willing to do anything like that for free. Most breeders do not live in the city near shelters anyway, there will be 1, perhaps 2 available vets. Most vets will not see you for under 200 dollars.

This isn't sustainable, what other options for the rural breeder are there for deformed, 1 eyed, obviously failed pups?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OlmanRiver posted:

You would be really hard pressed to find any shelter willing to do anything like that for free. Most breeders do not live in the city near shelters anyway, there will be 1, perhaps 2 available vets. Most vets will not see you for under 200 dollars.

This isn't sustainable, what other options for the rural breeder are there for deformed, 1 eyed, obviously failed pups?

a shotgun shell costs like $0.50

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

OlmanRiver posted:

i'm trying to devil advocate this teacher.
devils advocate is when you argue on behalf of something you specifically disagree with. just thought you should know what that phrase means
unless this is your "i was just kidding" backpedal post

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Fine, this makes a mess and caucuses particles of lead to be strewn over what ever area of your breeder farm. It will also cause distress from the dogs as they will smell it.

I confer that drowning is still the more humane method.

And for the peanut gallery, Arguing agricultural law is important even if you think its gross.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011

gary oldmans diary posted:

devils advocate is when you argue on behalf of something you specifically disagree with. just thought you should know what that phrase means
unless this is your "i was just kidding" backpedal post

I won't back pedal, if i used the wrong word fine. I'm trying to defend this teacher against people who are using non scientific reasoning. Please, join the conversation and prove me wrong with more then feelings. What would YOU do with the puppy as a breeder?

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm pretty sure snapping turtles will eat chicken nuggets or really anything you dunk in the tank, there's no reason whatsoever to feed them live animals beyond cruelty

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno how they do it exactly but it's incredibly retarded to assume that breeders don't have a cheap, reliable method to euth animals.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011

naem posted:

I'm pretty sure snapping turtles will eat chicken nuggets or really anything you dunk in the tank, there's no reason whatsoever to feed them live animals beyond cruelty

What would you do with those 4~ failed puppies you get every year as a qualified breeder?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

OlmanRiver posted:

I won't back pedal, if i used the wrong word fine. I'm trying to defend this teacher against people who are using non scientific reasoning. Please, join the conversation and prove me wrong with more then feelings. What would YOU do with the puppy as a breeder?
let me know when theres a conversation that isnt dumb as poo poo

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

OlmanRiver posted:

THIS GUY WANTS TO DROWN PUPPIES

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also it's not scientific reasoning to use a bunch of logical fallacies to defend rapidly shifting goalposts, idiot.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
You guys are boring and incapable of debate.

i'm out, go back to your puppy murder death to turtle circle jerk.

naem
May 29, 2011

OlmanRiver posted:

What would you do with those 4~ failed puppies you get every year as a qualified breeder?

My dog as a kid was the runt of a litter of fancy dogs that we got for free and he was my very best friend and lived for almost 20 years

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you don't even understand the concept of a debate. it's not a matter of one person making up a bunch of easily disproved bullshit and then everyone else losing all higher brain function and agreeing with them. sniveling about how no one understands how smart you are so you are going home just means you are cowardly on top of being too stupid to breathe unassisted.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

OlmanRiver posted:

You guys are boring and incapable of debate.

i'm out, go back to your puppy murder death to turtle circle jerk.
"im out"

*remembers he forgot to try to get the last word in*

"you guys are dumb jerks :qq: im not even mad im literally laughing at you"

:discourse:

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Deformed puppies don't feel pain, so it's ok to have one ripped apart.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Just score some fentanyl from the corner, and shoot it up the puppy

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Bombadilillo posted:

I remind you Oregon let armed terrorists the caused millions in damages go because they were good old boys.

Don't forget the Rajneeshees!

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

OlmanRiver posted:

If you are a 'qualified' breeder, I would suppose you've been through this situation a few times. Not every baby is (and I don't know the correct terminology) able to thrive. And I'd also suppose you produce quite a few sickly puppies or kittens or whatever if you are breeding, because purebred domestic animals tend to have a lot of health problems to begin with, and also there are infant mortality rates for every species that reproduces, right? So, I'd think, if it were me -- which it wouldn't be -- but if it were, I'd know already that some of these dogs won't make it straight out the gate, and I'd have a non-getting-eaten-alive euthanasia option already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
death is a part of nature but so is a monkey loving a frog so i don't know

• Locked thread