Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Rumple Minze, Kahlua, and milk shaken over ice. I used to call it a White German, but that reminds people of the holocaust, which doesn't generally inspire people to drink, except maybe holocaust survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Also wtf is the point of gin, just put some juniper into a bottle of vodka and shake it a lil

I don't know why but gin is the only liquor i enjoy drinking on its own. Bourbon is ok but if im drinking out of the bottle i would prefer gin, the more pine needle flavor the better.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Also wtf is the point of gin, just put some juniper into a bottle of vodka and shake it a lil
Higher proof

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

I remember that Zaya used to be pretty good but now it is bad and that makes me sad.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Any cocktail that has an overly evocative name is crap. Depth Charges, Sex on the Beach, Tequila Sunrise... they're all either too sweet or they're douchebag drinks.

if you're over 25 and you drink regularly drink cocktails that a kid could possibly enjoy, then you have lovely taste in drinks and you should stick to Applebees.

grow up and learn to enjoy stuff with bitters and apertifs and digestifs and poo poo like that.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

assume i quoted whoever correctly posted the negroni, OP

mind you, a bourbon or a mezcal negroni is also very good

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Tumble posted:

Any cocktail that has an overly evocative name is crap. Depth Charges, Sex on the Beach, Tequila Sunrise... they're all either too sweet or they're douchebag drinks.

if you're over 25 and you drink regularly drink cocktails that a kid could possibly enjoy, then you have lovely taste in drinks and you should stick to Applebees.

grow up and learn to enjoy stuff with bitters and apertifs and digestifs and poo poo like that.

Homophobe!

The_end
May 17, 2014
The Irish Car Bomb.

Cabernet Sovereign
Jun 14, 2008
Highball glass, ice, double (triple) shot of gin. Top it off with a La Croix of your choice with a squeeze of lime. Be an alcoholic without all the calories.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
For serious though I like whiskey and lime juice on ice. Juice is less syrupy than sour mix.

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.

Egbert Souse posted:

Moscow mule, but no shortcuts. High quality vodka, ginger beer with some bite, and freshly squeezed lime juice.

I don't know if it has a name, but two shots of vodka, half a shot of amaretto, and half a shot of lime juice over ice with lime seltzer to fill tastes like key lime pie.

amaretto and whiskey/rum is pretty good 1:1

The_end posted:

The Irish Car Bomb.

gently caress you. lovely drink, lovely name, not good, not Irish, dumb as gently caress.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Bootleg Firecracker

1.5 oz Fireball Whiskey
1.5 oz After Shock
1.5 oz El Matador Tequila
Red Pepper Flakes (the kind you get with delivery pizza)

This one burns a bit.

Whiskey Split

1.5 oz R&R Whiskey
.5 oz Amaretto
1.5 oz 99 Bananas Schnapps
1 tsp Store Brand Chocolate Flavored Syrup
1 tsp Store Brand Strawberry Flavored Syrup
Whipped Dessert Topping (in spray can)
1 Wild Cherry Luden's Throat Drop
Ice

In a shaker, combine the whiskey, amaretto, and banana schnapps. Mix well, and poor into a small glass.

Add in the chocolate and strawberry flavored syrup, and stir gently.

Top the drink with a healthy amount of whipped dessert topping, and place the cherry (throat drop) on top. You might want to drizzle a bit more syrup on top as well.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 19, 2018

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Tom Collins

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

The superior breakfast cocktail is not a mimosa, a screwdriver, or even a bloody mary. It is a michelada.

Valko posted:

Nothing quite like a bloody mary when it is done right.

Throw a bottle of good quality vodka in the freezer. Keep it in there long enough and you won't have to use taste-diluting ice cubes.

While it is getting nice and frozen, make the mix. Get a large jug and fill 3/4 the way up with tomato juice. Add a generous amount of orange juice - about 1/8 the entire mix. A glug of sweet sherry. Shake a good amount of white pepper and celery salt in there. Finish off with several dashes of worcestershire sauce and tobasco and stir.

Ignore the tom collins and highballs, serve this in a broad tumbler - 1 part vodka to 2 parts bloody mary mix. Don't bother with celery sticks.

Orange juice? sherry? i dunno... you can get away with a lot of weird ingredients in a bloody mary but i don't know. The only reason i'm not outright rejecting the idea is that you understand the necessity of Worcestershire sauce and frozen liquor.

Pickle juice, horseradish, clam juice, lime juice, and beer are also good additions that you didn't mention, although I wouldn't put them all in. Pick one or two.

Not a fan of vodka, but you can use pretty much any white liquor. Tequila is my favorite, moonshine is OK.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whoever said alcohol is a lovely drug... I'm with that party. I'd rather toke up any day. :rznv:

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't know why but gin is the only liquor i enjoy drinking on its own. Bourbon is ok but if im drinking out of the bottle i would prefer gin, the more pine needle flavor the better.

Also this, but sometimes I mix it with fizzy waters and I also like scotch.

big nipples big life posted:

Did anyone say Molotov yet?

Nice.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

are... are you saying that the bloody mary is a ridiculous drink? you may be on to something

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

Whoever said alcohol is a lovely drug... I'm with that party. I'd rather toke up any day. :rznv:

same, except that you can use alcohol to extract cannabinoids and make a tincture

lovely drug, excellent solvent

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Blue Train posted:

also 50/50 ouzo and water

waaaay too much water. just need a splash

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gone Fission posted:

are... are you saying that the bloody mary is a ridiculous drink? you may be on to something

same, except that you can use alcohol to extract cannabinoids and make a tincture

lovely drug, excellent solvent

No joke! I did that with my "empty" dab pen cartridges and got :catdrugs: stoned.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If you order a cider and it’s way too sweet, put a bit of bitters in it, you just made yourself a Jersey Cocktail mr Jerry Thomas

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

What’s that you say? It’s not sweet enough now? Pop in some spiced rum and you have a drink I call the Jersey Tunnel Fistfight

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

A white bogan is a 350 ml double shot iced coffee and a nip and a half of vodka

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

A Slutty Mary is a Bloody Mary garnished with a whole sausage

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I hope I'm not the only one who's happy you made that into four posts!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Gone Fission posted:

The superior breakfast cocktail is not a mimosa, a screwdriver, or even a bloody mary. It is a michelada.

it's a naked and famous

mezcal, chartreuse, aperol/campari and lime juice, equal measures

it's inexplicably refreshing

Minimal Ass-Piss
Jul 30, 2008
I had two really good cocktails while I was in Germany earlier this year. The first one was a charlie Chaplin. This drink was interesting because each sip of it would hit a different part of your taste buds. The first sip would be tart and then the second one would be sweet. Subsequent ones would be a nice blend of the two.

The second drink I had was an interesting take on a whiskey sour. It had Islay whiskey and bourbon. It replaced simple syrup with honey, lemon, and lime juice. The drink had a really nice smokey flavor and was the best version of a whiskey sour I've had.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Gone Fission posted:

Orange juice? sherry? i dunno... you can get away with a lot of weird ingredients in a bloody mary but i don't know. The only reason i'm not outright rejecting the idea is that you understand the necessity of Worcestershire sauce and frozen liquor.

Pickle juice, horseradish, clam juice, lime juice, and beer are also good additions that you didn't mention, although I wouldn't put them all in. Pick one or two.

Not a fan of vodka, but you can use pretty much any white liquor. Tequila is my favorite, moonshine is OK.

It's like when you add a teaspoon of sugar for every can of tomatoes you use when cooking. It adds just enough sweetness to bring out the flavour and make the mix less 'soupy' wihtout taking away from the overall flavour.

FYI the book I got the recipe from also had a disclaimer that this was the second most controversial cocktail to write a recipe for as no two bartenders will make it the same way, the first being of course the martini.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Minimal rear end-Piss posted:

I had two really good cocktails while I was in Germany earlier this year. The first one was a charlie Chaplin. This drink was interesting because each sip of it would hit a different part of your taste buds. The first sip would be tart and then the second one would be sweet. Subsequent ones would be a nice blend of the two.

Charlie chaplains are really good but not super alcoholic, there’s a drink that’s exactly the same but with a shot of dark Jamaican rum that is dope but I can’t for the life of me remember the name of it

The second drink you’re talking about is a penecillin cocktail and it’s fuckin dope

feller
Jul 5, 2006

The humble margarita will always be my favorite.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Bloody Mary is an excellent hangover drink though. I'll drink anything, but that and daiquiri are the only cocktails I can be bothered with.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Last night I had a Hemingway and it was good.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

curlys gold posted:

I remember that Zaya used to be pretty good but now it is bad and that makes me sad.
poo poo this used to be my go-to dark rum, although I haven't bought a bottle in years. When did it get bad

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Jay_Zombie posted:

Tom Collins

yes, and made by the pitcher instead of messing around with single servings

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it's a naked and famous

mezcal, chartreuse, aperol/campari and lime juice, equal measures

it's inexplicably refreshing

This sounds intriguing and a good reason to finally buy a bottle of mezcal. Thanks for the recommendation.

Looks like it calls for yellow chartreuse, by the way, but I don't know if I can be arsed to spend the money on that since I already have a bottle of green.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Gazpacho bloody mary

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
2nd place:

3rd:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
1 gin tonic

2 bourbon & coke
3 rum & coke
4 bloody motherfucker

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 19, 2018

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Gin & tonic, ideally with a squeeze of lime and a splash of cranberry juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Honestly though one of the best morning-time brunch drinks is just a Guinness. I'm not even that big into Guinness but man is it good with a savory breakfast.

• Locked thread