Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is sts completely hosed
yes
no
perhaps
taste that salty piss you fat gently caress
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it
My understanding is that a lot of insurance policies mandate the testing and if you're super valuable the company will just eat the increased premiums for their druggy all stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Update: I passed. Old work booted me this morning after I gave notice and is paying me out 130 hours of PTO and paying me my two weeks notice. Getting hosed up on beer now at 10 AM.

:thumbsup:

puppet pal mitch
Oct 23, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

OP already has a job. In this position, yes you can pick and choose.

If you're in a situation where you're straight up facing homelessness as an alternative then sure piss in the cup but that's not what we're talking about here.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

see I disagree with this
not doing anything is as soul destroying as having a bad job. I think most people, or maybe just me, would like to do useful work that they enjoy and not ablate their identities in terrible hell work.

The DOT mandates random drug tests for companies involved in heavy construction so if you're in the trades like me you just don't have a choice. Too bad cuz i like to do drugs occasionally but a failed DOT screen will follow you for years if not forever and the welding jobs that don't regularly test are low skilled and low paid in my experience

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Update: I passed. Old work booted me this morning after I gave notice and is paying me out 130 hours of PTO and paying me my two weeks notice. Getting hosed up on beer now at 10 AM.

Great news!

I did a swab in Oregon where I think the tester was kind of impressed at how high the pink bar for THC was. She also didn't care and we talked about how she had to pass a test for a different job she was interviewing for.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
so like how do you end up in the cock gazer position in the military do you have to like really gently caress up and piss someone off but not gently caress up enough that they can kick you out so its just like "lol ur job is u have to stand there watchin dudes rock a piss all day" or something?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Nooner posted:

so like how do you end up in the cock gazer position in the military do you have to like really gently caress up and piss someone off but not gently caress up enough that they can kick you out so its just like "lol ur job is u have to stand there watchin dudes rock a piss all day" or something?

it's one of those jobs you get after you've "paid your dues"

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Nooner posted:

Lol, guys who join the military most likely want to be looking at dong all day, even if they won't admit it (even to themselves)

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I went to prison for shrooms as a teen (thanks Texas!) and had something like 10 years of probation where I had to piss in a cup while a dude stared at my dick every other week. This went on for about two years before they called me to say I pissed hot. Naturally this came as a surprise to me because I hadn't done poo poo since getting out of prison, but hey what are you gonna do.

Anyway, the P.O. was pretty much "lol you're hosed, kid" and trying to get me to sign a confession so that I could spend the next 3-6 years in a halfway house, or not sign and go to court, and go back to prison for the same period of time for violating probation because gently caress if I was gonna win the case with a hot piss test. It was a hosed up situation to put a teenager in because you're pretty much between a rock and a hard place and don't REALLY have any choice whatsoever.

However, I am a man of PRINCIPLE, and told the dude I wasn't gonna admit to something I didn't do. He had me come in the following week and was pushing the paper in front of me to sign and I just kept refusing, while telling him I didn't do poo poo. Anyway, when I was just about to cave in (cause gently caress going back to prison), he gets a call at his desk. After hanging up he says "well, I'm not gonna apologize to you. The company that did the drug screenings just reported they had a huge batch of false positives in the last month. So I'm gonna let you go this time, but I'm watching you."

poo poo was straight out of a tv drama I swear. It's only now, looking back on something 20 years past, that the cynical side of me wonders if he didn't have that whole thing planned out trying to get me to confess to something I didn't do just to hit some bullshit quota or something. Because honestly it feels a bit too pat that the dude HAPPENED to call RIGHT when I was in the office after like half an hour of waffling.

Anyway that's my piss test story. I hate piss tests now.

EDIT: Also, gently caress the police

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Congrats op

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Nooner posted:

Well, in my case let’s just say that the dude watching my dick pee probably didn’t mind looking at dicks all day.

Edit:

Misread. I wasn’t in the military. I just had a PO that would literally stare at my dick while I was peeing in a cup.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Usually the pecker checker duties fall to the buck sergeants

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

EX250 Type R posted:

Usually the pecker checker duties fall to the buck sergeants

This goes back to like Roman times tho right? Well before ANY kind of spectrometery.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Scroto with the clean scrotum

FABULOUS

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Congrats op

Spinster posted:

Scroto with the clean scrotum

FABULOUS

thanks to both of you. i'm sorry for what i said about you bradzilla, i think we could lead these dead forums to greatness even if you hated dgsw.

i am hella wasted. i like the drug screening stories so far, they make me feel like society is rejecting a lot of primo talent

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Oh my god I really think that was an elaborate ruse to get me to confess to a crime I didn't do. If the test had actually been hot I woulda been booked immediately, not waited till my next probation appointment.

OMG gently caress those people

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Kaedric posted:

Oh my god I really think that was an elaborate ruse to get me to confess to a crime I didn't do. If the test had actually been hot I woulda been booked immediately, not waited till my next probation appointment.

OMG gently caress those people

Yes it sounds shady even for Texas, Satan's timeshare.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

hey gbs

i just got a sweet new job offer in the tech center here in denver and have to take a drug test in a couple hours. the problem is the one time i shmoked weed this year was 10 days ago (i honestly didn't think anyone still drug tested here) and it was mostly stems. i've spent the last 2 days eating tons of crap food and the last 5 days before that running 5 miles every day. i've drank a ton of coffee and water this morning and plan on really pissing up a storm at 2 PM.

how hosed am i gibbus? what do you think my odds are?

also share your drug testing stories here

gently caress i'm pretty jealous right now op for real

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
i had a pee test for nursing school (starting clinicals soon) just the other week. i don't smoke much pot, maybe a one-hitter a few times a week. never had a drug test though so i just played it safe and stopped smoking like nearly 2 months ago. obviously i passed it. good to know it really only takes like 2 weeks max to get that poo poo out your system if you do the right stuff. will remember that for future tests.

also i did it at a labcorp, and if they are all run the same way (probably not but whatever) my experience was that they put me inside a solo bathroom unsupervised to pee, 3 minutes max. I could have had fake/other pee on me and easily cheated the test. just fyi for anyone else going to a labcorp.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Nooner posted:

if you count too many dongs in the ink blots during psych

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Re: army cockgazers

It's something usually assigned at the battalion level. Pretty much whoever pisses off sarnt major can be assigned, usually stuck to sergeants and corporals. It's not a job you can enlist for, but I'm sure whoever assigns the role doesn't mind volunteers.

If you're gonna be dumb and smoke weed in the army (like I did), make sure you know the person who answers calls from brigade. Unless command directed at the unit level (suspicion by your immediate command), the orders for piss tests come down from brigade.

I was never busted. By the army or cops. Failed a bunch of drug tests for jobs though.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

thanks to both of you. i'm sorry for what i said about you bradzilla, i think we could lead these dead forums to greatness even if you hated dgsw.

It's all good man. Let's be forums friends :)

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I took a piss test for a job on 4/20. I had 19 days since smoking weed.

I did nothing special. I pretty much got zero exercise, drank very little fluids other than a poo poo ton of booze, and gave them a super dark first piss of the day.

I start Monday.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Warrior Princess posted:

Is pee not supposed to be crystal clear, because the only time I’ve ever had pee with color is when I’m sick.

uh wait you guys don't regularly piss a spectrum between amber--red--black?

puppet pal mitch posted:

The DOT mandates random drug tests for companies involved in heavy construction so if you're in the trades like me you just don't have a choice. Too bad cuz i like to do drugs occasionally but a failed DOT screen will follow you for years if not forever and the welding jobs that don't regularly test are low skilled and low paid in my experience

no I mean if you like the job it's ok

more like people should find their way into doing what they like, and I don't think most people like doing nothing once it gets past like a month or two

bradzilla posted:

Congrats op

yup love goon success stories

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
One time I interviewed for an internship with Lockheed Martin and they paid like $150 to get a next day drug test. I passed it fine, and got an offer.
I didn't end up accepting the job, so that money was wasted on me.

I'm part of the reason the F-35 is over budget

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Had one of those instant result pee tests at a temp agency. After filling the cup past the line, I put it on the back of the toilet while I finished peeing in the toilet. Well it was angled and slid down, spilled piss all over. Sat in the office drinking water until I could pee again (and while they mopped up). They obviously didn't care that the second one was super diluted and I got that lovely job.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Spuckuk posted:

Bolded surely isn't an actual thing, right?

plain old rehab does this too. pee hot with someone watching and they'll dump your rear end on the street with a trash bag full of clothes and won't even do you the courtesy of bus fare

and that's the rehab you pay for through your insurance premiums

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
True story of failing a swab test IRL:

While I was in college, I applied to work at a Lowe's that was walking distance to my apartment complex. I needed a part time job, and the fact I could walk there made it a good choice. I got a call for an interview at 8am. I stayed up drinking until about 2 or 3 am. I'm talking serious drinking, like had over 10 beers and some liquor. I went in and passed the interview, but they made me take a swab test. They told me before I left "If the test comes back negative you'll get the job. We have them picked up at the end of the day."

I never got the job offer and I assumed it is because I was still technically drunk from the night before. Good times, was worth it, got a much more chill job that paid better.

Healthy Nut Snack
Mar 23, 2016
My work does randoms but only because insurance or something requires it. I got pulled into a swab test with no notice, which would normally be a problem for someone who smokes dabs every day, if I wasn’t also white trash that partakes of chewing tobacco. I took out my dip, stuck in the swab, and 30 seconds or whatever later handed the guy back a swab that was dyed a rich, dark brown. He gave me the “are you serious” look and I just shrugged and walked away.

In retrospect I have my medical card, so it was really a nonissue.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

article posted:

A Colorado woman has been cited by police after a container of what appeared to be urine blew up as she was heating it up in a microwave at a 7-Eleven.

Police say the incident occurred in the convenience store chain's Aurora location last week when the clerk heard a loud bang and saw 26-year-old Angelique Sanchez take a white plastic bottle out of the microwave.

A police report says when confronted by the clerk, Sanchez wiped a yellow liquid that smelled like urine onto the floor and walked out.

Police located Sanchez at a nearby clinic where she had planned to take a urinalysis test for a potential employer.
http://wjla.com/news/offbeat/colorado-woman-cited-after-7-eleven-microwave-blows-up-urine-sample

This is why you rubber band a glove warmer to the bottle instead!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My last drug test was a hair test. Which was pretty rough, because i had done cocaine and amphetamines and a few other things that really like hair follicles earlier in the year. i've been on and off from non-heroin opioids as well, so i was mostly expecting to fail, however the embarassment of not being hired was smaller than the benefit of just letting them see my drug history as told through a hair test.

What saved me, i think, is the low-level infrequent abuse of things like cocaine and amphetamine, and i'm 90% they saw my opioid use and hired me anyway because during training, while going over policy with the new hires the guy looks right at me while talking about how handing out painkillers would be grounds for firing AND prosecution lol

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost
Here's my drug testing story: I got arrested for the first time in my life at 16 years old for 3 grams of weed. I failed a drug test for marijuana about 5 months later and they locked me up for 184 days

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Treser posted:

That's bullshit. What kind of school does that kind of poo poo unless your in sports or something?

it was an international private school in beijing. Buncha assholes, if you ask me.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
When I was a wee lad I went to a doctor's appointment and I had to pee in a cup. I thought this was a cool and normal thing to do so later at home I peed in a cup again. I didn't know what to do with it so I left it behind the toilet. My mom confronted me about it and I blamed it on my dad. :shrug:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

wow america sounds awesome.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

MarksMan posted:

Here's my drug testing story: I got arrested for the first time in my life at 16 years old for 3 grams of weed. I failed a drug test for marijuana about 5 months later and they locked me up for 184 days

The War on Drugs was a success

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Kaedric posted:

I went to prison for shrooms as a teen (thanks Texas!) and had something like 10 years of probation where I had to piss in a cup while a dude stared at my dick every other week. This went on for about two years before they called me to say I pissed hot. Naturally this came as a surprise to me because I hadn't done poo poo since getting out of prison, but hey what are you gonna do.

Anyway, the P.O. was pretty much "lol you're hosed, kid" and trying to get me to sign a confession so that I could spend the next 3-6 years in a halfway house, or not sign and go to court, and go back to prison for the same period of time for violating probation because gently caress if I was gonna win the case with a hot piss test. It was a hosed up situation to put a teenager in because you're pretty much between a rock and a hard place and don't REALLY have any choice whatsoever.

However, I am a man of PRINCIPLE, and told the dude I wasn't gonna admit to something I didn't do. He had me come in the following week and was pushing the paper in front of me to sign and I just kept refusing, while telling him I didn't do poo poo. Anyway, when I was just about to cave in (cause gently caress going back to prison), he gets a call at his desk. After hanging up he says "well, I'm not gonna apologize to you. The company that did the drug screenings just reported they had a huge batch of false positives in the last month. So I'm gonna let you go this time, but I'm watching you."

poo poo was straight out of a tv drama I swear. It's only now, looking back on something 20 years past, that the cynical side of me wonders if he didn't have that whole thing planned out trying to get me to confess to something I didn't do just to hit some bullshit quota or something. Because honestly it feels a bit too pat that the dude HAPPENED to call RIGHT when I was in the office after like half an hour of waffling.

Anyway that's my piss test story. I hate piss tests now.

EDIT: Also, gently caress the police

the moral of the story is don't be in texas

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
I had to take a piss test for a job at the local hospital. I took the test, and then i asked the lab tech where I should put the plastic bag containg the tube that I had just pissed in. He gestured to a table that was in complete disarray and covered with miscellaneous papers. Dubiously, I set down my sample. And then two weeks later unsuprisingly, THE JOB CALLED ME AND SAID I HAD NEVER TAKEN THE TEST. Yes, the lab lost the test, for real. So I had to go back and take it again. Good thing I don't do drugs!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Oyak posted:

Good thing I don't do drugs!

:thunk:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Oyak posted:

I had to take a piss test for a job at the local hospital. I took the test, and then i asked the lab tech where I should put the plastic bag containg the tube that I had just pissed in. He gestured to a table that was in complete disarray and covered with miscellaneous papers. Dubiously, I set down my sample. And then two weeks later unsuprisingly, THE JOB CALLED ME AND SAID I HAD NEVER TAKEN THE TEST. Yes, the lab lost the test, for real. So I had to go back and take it again. Good thing I don't do drugs!

that dude guzzled your piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

first day tomorrow. had a vacation where i did a lot of hiking, movie watching, and book reading. also, i tried getting through the mass effect trilogy but petered out halfway through the 2nd one. vidya games are just less fun when i am not stoned.

thanks pissthread

• Locked thread