Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glocknar
May 17, 2017
Just caught up to the thread, I just want to say that in the Commanders defense, his plan the capture Zorah magdaros was sound, it's just Nergigante showing up hosed them over because it knocked out a couple of the restraining ballista shots, and it forced the hunters to change their focus from putting effective fire on Zorah to trying to drive off or kill this buff as hell monster that was clowning on every hunter that wasnt the Huntsman. Given that zorah is a giant volcano/snapping turtle, it only needed a bit of wiggle room to free itself and run. I wouldnt say zorah would have been 100% guarenteed to be captured if Nergigante hadnt shown up, but by showing up it doomed the attempt to failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
Elder Dragons. Elemental forces of destruction. Entities that cannot be captured because we cannot comprehend them. Faster. Stronger. Smarter. Alien and terrifying. It has been tried dozens of times before, and it has always failed.

but THIS one is the size of a mountain, so maybe we can try to hit it with a dozen different really big traps at once

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

Elder Dragons. Elemental forces of destruction. Entities that cannot be captured because we cannot comprehend them. Faster. Stronger. Smarter. Alien and terrifying. It has been tried dozens of times before, and it has always failed.

but THIS one is the size of a mountain, so maybe we can try to hit it with a dozen different really big traps at once
For all it's size Zorah is apparently the only one not immune to traps, so I can't blame them for getting excited about giving it a shot.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Section Z posted:

For all it's size Zorah is apparently the only one not immune to traps, so I can't blame them for getting excited about giving it a shot.

I'm pretty sure even normal elder dragons wouldn't be immune to traps if the "trap" was a dozen or more ballista binders and nonstop cannon fire. I think it'd be kinda hard for even a Hunter to lug that around with them at all times.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I mean what is ballista ammo but a very large and pointy Pierce3?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
God god this game is long

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think it took me about 50 hours to finish it the first time around? I did a decent amount of farming before finishing the story though.

(I'll get back to recording soon :v:)

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The hunting horn is a great weapon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HqTA_zwlgI

(I also recommend this series for people new to the game because it goes over a lot of different weapons in a semi jokey manner without going deep into spreadsheet poo poo)

Speaking of spreadsheet poo poo, not sure if it's something you go into in the videos I haven't watched yet, but the direction you're holding affects the type of attack you do with the HH's R2, doing the up(camera direction doesn't matter, it's always the same direction) for the main song and down for the encore does some real good damage. With your general dps routine being(if possible) the double note>double note>stab circle/flourish with a double note depending on the situation>forward song>back encore

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Oct 2, 2018

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Nalesh posted:

Speaking of spreadsheet poo poo, not sure if it's something you go into in the videos I haven't watched yet, but the direction you're holding affects the type of attack you do with the HH's R2, doing the up(camera direction doesn't matter, it's always the same direction) for the main song and down for the encore does some real good damage. With your general dps routine being(if possible) the double note>double note>stab circle/flourish with a double note depending on the situation>forward song>back encore

I kinda love how different attacks do different damage based on the most arbitrary poo poo. I remember back in Generations that a certain dual blade attack did more damage if you held the control stick left than if it was neutral (or, god help you, if you were holding right!) The animation was exactly the same but holding left somehow made it do 5-10% extra damage :allears:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
At least in this case, they do have different animations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Episode 12: Batter Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Ks_cyU64s

We run into the living floofball that is called Paolumu, and I finally get to show off my favourite weapon, Heavy Bowgun. I'm pretty out of practice, so go easy on me.

Concept Art: Paolumu

Now that's kawaii.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Cute giant squirrel bat pufferfish lizard thing.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Paolumu looks absolutely adorable when he's sleeping.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
So I looked around to try and see exactly what Blindsider does, and it seems like nobody can agree on what it is, but the most common suggestion was that it widens the vision cone that you need to hit in to be considered 'in front' of the monster.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thanks t probably makes sense. I guess it was wishful thinking to think that it could flash mons through the back of their heads like Tzitzi can do to you.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Strap a flashpod to the back of a kinsect.

ShootaBoy posted:

Paolumu looks absolutely adorable when he's sleeping.

Batball is all around adorable. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Gothsheep posted:

So I looked around to try and see exactly what Blindsider does, and it seems like nobody can agree on what it is, but the most common suggestion was that it widens the vision cone that you need to hit in to be considered 'in front' of the monster.

This is just bizarre. Don't you pick what meals to eat based on what buffs they give you? But nobody knows how to make use of this buff?

...well, I suppose nobody takes it except by accident alongside other things, if they don't know.

Batball is adorable.

• Locked thread