Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Neutrino posted:

If you had to die it would be much quicker to quickly get smooshed by a big rock than slowly suffocating with poisonous gases and ash. This guy was a lot luckier than people that actually got into a shelter that would soon be buried forever.

There was some documentary I saw where a basement was uncovered with seven (plus tiny bones inside a pelvis, so fetus too) skeletons inside, and graffiti on the walls.

The archaeologists all said ‘welp, looks like they survived the blast, but slowly suffocated to death’

Consensus: worse than getting insta-owned by a volcano or flying rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

apparently most experts now think most of the Pompeii victims died near instantaneously from the massive heat of the pyroclastic flow, as opposed to slowly suffocating on ash like they previously thought

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
how is everyone in Hawaii dying right now

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

WalletBeef posted:

don't give up, skeleton

:darksouls:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

"Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"

E: masterbating man: "Help! I've fallen and I can't get it up!"

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
hope i die by getting so violently owned that strangers five thousand years in the future dig me up and go "lmao dude that sucks"

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

I assume it was a lot like this

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

guy was hard as a rock

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

roman guy: gaius please come on man, run, we can get outta here
gaius: go on without me ...I'm going to become immortal

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Neutrino posted:

If you had to die it would be much quicker to quickly get smooshed by a big rock than slowly suffocating with poisonous gases and ash. This guy was a lot luckier than people that actually got into a shelter that would soon be buried forever.

the pyroclastic flow is 2000 degrees fahrenheit and moves at ~400 mph

youre gonna die immediately if it touches you

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

You better because if you don't that's gonna hurt like hell

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Mooey Cow posted:

They did. That's why he died.

BTW if he's really wanking, where is his cock + balls??? :thunk:

Blown off with his volcanic load, milliseconds before the volcano's load rolled in

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Maybe that guy jacked off so much that God, disgusted by his endless sin, erupted the volcano as punishment.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Neutrino posted:

Kinda cool that when California gets subducted under the pacific ocean all the people & buildings will be frozen in time like Pompeii.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

VOLCANO!

:2bong:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

communism bitch posted:

Maybe that guy jacked off so much that God, disgusted by his endless sin, erupted the volcano as punishment.

Then a whole bunch of us are in trouble.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chernobyl kinsman posted:

the pyroclastic flow is 2000 degrees fahrenheit and moves at ~400 mph

youre gonna die immediately if it touches you

or even if you're just standing near it

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

If I’m ever in a similar catastrophic situation, I’m going to race to the forums and die posting

the vilerat maneuver

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

SciFiDownBeat posted:

"Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"

E: masterbating man: "Help! I've fallen and I can't get it up!"

poo poo, he really wasn't masturbating. He was desperately trying to get a chub on trying to remember how Lucretia looked in 53 AD. :(

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

or even if you're just standing near it

hell i'm dying right now from just reading about it

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

I hope does not develop boneitis

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Didn't one dude survive a pyroclastic flow that wiped out literally everyone else in town because he was thrown in jail that night for being a rowdy drunk?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pyrotoad posted:

Didn't one dude survive a pyroclastic flow that wiped out literally everyone else in town because he was thrown in jail that night for being a rowdy drunk?

Yep.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

We should all petition Congress to rename Hawaii as Pompeii II: The Reckoning before it is too late.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

roman guy: gaius please come on man, run, we can get outta here
gaius: go on without me ...I'm going to become immortal

im gaius

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

How else can we mess with archaelogists 2000 years from now? Time to get goatse tattooed like, underneath my ear folds so they have to take out a microscope to see the "strange markings" and BOOM

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

How else can we mess with archaelogists 2000 years from now? Time to get goatse tattooed like, underneath my ear folds so they have to take out a microscope to see the "strange markings" and BOOM

im a archivist irl and some of the documents i care for are 1000 years old. I mention this cause before i quit my job im gonna loving print out the goatman on archival quality card, encapsulate it in melinex, and slip it between the leaves of a 12th century manuscript that nobody ever looks at so hopefully some rear end in a top hat who succeeds me will find it 200 years from now.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

communism bitch posted:

im a archivist irl and some of the documents i care for are 1000 years old. I mention this cause before i quit my job im gonna loving print out the goatman on archival quality card, encapsulate it in melinex, and slip it between the leaves of a 12th century manuscript that nobody ever looks at so hopefully some rear end in a top hat who succeeds me will find it 200 years from now.
This is pretty much as close as you can get to time traveling.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

just looking out his window, angrily squeezing his shaft

augustus what do you see

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 30, 2018

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Has anyone made the owned skeleton saying nice meltdown yet?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Senior Management posted:

I hope does not develop boneitis

This is the first symptom of Boneitis.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

oof oof ouch my bones

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I'm sad to hear that the guy we all thought was jerking off was actually dying painfully.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
i really enjoyed this thread’s topic and am going to lift this image and include it in my new stone tablet compilation - “maximus kill montage”

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I am gonna get buried with a bunch of anime figurines and a Darth Vader helmet, and some swords. No gravestone. They won't know what the gently caress was up, and will probably claim ritualist who held great power because that's how we always interpret poo poo like that.

Source: I work in the field, if it's weird, it's "ritual".

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

KiteAuraan posted:

I am gonna get buried with a bunch of anime figurines and a Darth Vader helmet, and some swords. No gravestone. They won't know what the gently caress was up, and will probably claim ritualist who held great power because that's how we always interpret poo poo like that.

Now you've got me thinking that ancient "fertility idols" like the venus of willendorf(sp) were really just their equivalent of anime figurines

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Vato posted:

I'm sad to hear that the guy we all thought was jerking off was actually dying painfully.

I refuse to believe that.

naem
May 29, 2011

KiteAuraan posted:

These die-cast Dale Earnheart train figurines represent a powerful fertility figure, a diety of commerce and transport

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

more like gay rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neutrino posted:

most people died in the initial blast because the gasses released were so hot that it boiled their brains out in two or three seconds

• Locked thread