Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Okay take Jewish

Play Jewish pirates, which kills the coeur concession on the east of Aragon.

Activate ops

Move the pirate east.

Take commerce money from the trade route cards.

Tax the concession in Portugal

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
OK, SN needs to say if he pays for the Portugese concession.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Yes please

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There is no Supreme Religion

Fugger Tableau Hand (2 Discovery)
Medici Tableau Hand (3 Islam, 1 Reformation. 1 Islamic Bishop)
Coeur Tableau Hand (2 Catholicism, 1 Law, 2 Patronage. 1 Catholic Bishop)
Marchionni Tableau Hand (1 Patronage. 1 Islamic Bishop)

I guess black is Islam and also a very small bit of Judaism.

And they cut a swathe! Coeur Concessions presumably fight like a cow.

Full size

It's Dracula!

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 26, 2018

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Run western trade fair. I should end up with 2 coins. fair stops at pirate. Toledo and anjou get dudes.

Buy grand hetman.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 26, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I don't know if this is a good card or just had too much money on it. Tax and Repress Concession ops were nice, but as Hungary's a bit of a backwater now the bloom's gone off the rose.

SN got the interaction wrong between Pirates and Trade Fairs - they don't block them totally, just eat a Florin. So Medici and France are enriched!

Full Size

And down goes the wolf of wherever. And hello Unified Christendom! Reminder that Apostasies scan both East and West tableaux for the two listed Religion's Prestige. If both are found, all cards with either Prestige are discarded! Given that the Art says "or" instead of "and", it is my belief that this rule was reworked to make it meaner.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Buy La Serenissima and play it for a Conspiracy in the Papal States. The neighboring pirate will die for the cause they apparently believed in and the agent will occupy Venice. I'll place my concession to the east.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think there's an error here. Medici lost the Ottomans to me. I should have two Islamic prestige to his one.

Edit: I'm also guessing that admanb isn't flipping the Papal theocracy with his conspiracy?

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 27, 2018

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

I will not.

And yeah the tableau's are off.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Darn, may not have saved the text file or something.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Darn, may not have saved the text file or something.

Having thought it over, I just didn't realize that the Ottomans can't be in two places at once. I think all is as it should be now, but I'll do a more thorough check tomorrow.

Medici Tableau Hand (1 Islam, 1 Catholicism, 1 Reformation, 1 Law, 1 Patronage. 1 Islamic Bishop)
Coeur Tableau Hand (1 Catholicism, 2 Islam, 1 Law, 1 Patronage. 1 Catholic Bishop)

The pope escapes from one banker's pocket into another one. Besides being diminished, the Aragonian empire is unaffected as Vassals don't effect other Vassal's allegiance to their Suzerain.

I have nothing really to say about this Europe. Solid looking 'rope!

Full size

I promise there's a comet card in there somewhere.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Run eastern ops.
  • Tax Medici west of Ottoman. Medici can't pay up, loses concession. Levy an Ottoman Knight.
  • Repress the concession south of Hungary, get a florin.
  • Ottoman campaigns against the papacy. $2, one Ottoman knight survives, and the Papacy is mine again. Place concession on east Papal border.

Eastern trade fair, $3 to me, bupkis for anyone else. Levies to Valencia, Venice, and Constantinople (knight).

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 29, 2018

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Ops timing question. Can I use an inquisition op to.move a bishop off one of my cards then fire that op?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yep! Ops don't happen simultaneously, but in a player-chosen order. I can't find the rules for Bishop to show how they work but there is this example at the end of Perform Ops rule:

quote:

Example: You have two adjacent tableau cards with the commerce op in your west tableau, but one is silenced by a red Bishop. You also have a bishop card allowing you the inquisitor op (F1) for red bishops. For an action, you activate your west tableau. First, you perform the unsilenced commerce op, then the inquisitor op to move the bishop to the adjacent commerce card, and then perform the second commerce from the now unsilenced card.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Medici Tableau Hand (1 Islam, 1 Reformation, 1 Law. 1 Islamic Bishop)
Coeur Tableau Hand (2 Catholicism, 2 Islam, 1 Law, 2 Patronage. 1 Catholic Bishop)

Nicely balanced Tableau there.

And a relatively bloodless war! Well, all blood spilled was immediately replaced. And yes, I forgot to subtract 2 Florins for campaigning, I'll do that now.

https://i.imgur.com/T8nT5mv.jpg

That's just too much money on the Eastern Trade route.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

When I was making change on the Eastern Ops, I went back and counted from a few turns ago and I think there should be 8 Florins on it. I say this because in the last image 10 Florins are shown. On the card itself, there were quite a few because objects can occupy the exact same spot in Vassal so that's no help. Anyway, official ruling, 8 Florins on the card. Unless the Novgorod trade shift shows up, I do not think this matters at all.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Take the grim, play the grim, putting the bishop onto the ottoman empire, activate ops

Western Commerce off - take the coin off western trade
Last Sigh - tax that northern concession
Grim - Move the bishop onto the Qizi..bli?
Jewish Pirates - Repress the northern aragon concession
Klephts - tax the eastern ottoman concession
Dalmation Merchant marine - take the coin of the Funj nomads I will be sad to miss.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Oct 29, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

OK, I asked SN on discord and they coughed up, I also asked GO and will ask again here: do you wanna pay up GO?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

pay

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There is no Supreme Religion Bishops: 2 Islamic > 1 Catholic+0 Reformed. Theocratic Nobles: 4 Catholic; 4 Islamic, 2 Reformed
Declaring an Imperial Victory takes 2 actions.

Fugger Tableau Hand (2 Discovery. Imperial Torch)
Coeur Tableau Hand (2 Catholicism, 2 Islam, 1 Law, 2 Patronage. 1 Catholic Bishop, 1 Islamic Bishop)
Marchionni Tableau Hand (1 Islam, 1 Patronage)

I'll keep adding info to the opening scroll until everything's perfectly clear.

No green concessions but who needs it with a tableau like that.

Full size

Lizard Union, drat that's a cool name for a card.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

buy and play indian armada. put the concession between aragon and portugal

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There is no Supreme Religion Bishops: 2 Islamic > 1 Catholic+0 Reformed. Theocratic Nobles: 4 Catholic; 4 Islamic, 2 Reformed

Fugger Tableau Hand (3 Discovery. Imperial Torch)
Coeur Tableau Hand (2 Catholicism, 2 Islam, 1 Law, 2 Patronage. 1 Catholic Bishop, 1 Islamic Bishop)

Just double checking they're still there.

If I'm honest, I'll probably move that Concession down to be more on the trade route. Something to look forward to.

Full size

Political ops is purple, so it's Behead, Tax, Repress, Vote, and so on. I believe "Foreign" means "somebody else's" but I would have to check the rulebook. Check the rulebook yourself before spending 5 florins on it.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

- Sell Grand Mufti for 2 florins.

Perform Western ops.

- Vote in the HRE, paying 1 florin for the repressed serf and flipping the HRE to a republic. Place the new concession to the south.
- Commerce from the newly flipped HRE, taking it off the western trade route.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You may, if you want, Emancipate the repressed Fugger Concession and shove it on the western boarder - or any other boarder, but you'd only really want to do it on the western one. It's a very small choice, so just let me know when you see this.

There is no Supreme Religion Bishops: 1 Catholic; 1 Islamic; 0 Reformed. Theocratic Nobles: 4 Catholic; 4 Islamic, 2 Reformed

Medici Tableau Hand (1 Reformation, 2 Law, 1 Republic)
Coeur Tableau Hand (2 Catholicism, 2 Islam, 1 Law, 2 Patronage, 5 Kingdoms. 1 Catholic Bishop, 1 Islamic Bishop)

You know, it just occurred to me now that the mufti was chosen to dodge that Apostasy. I just thought Ad needed the money.

An isolated bastion of the true faith and good governance.

Full size

I'm a master of digital trickery.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 30, 2018

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Run Eastern ops
  • Qizilbashi will move a black bishop from the Ottomans to The Grim.
  • Nothing New will repress the west* Hungarian concession, giving me another florin.
  • For that one florin, The Pope will pick an internecine fight with the HRE. Papal Knight trades with Rook, no one wins.
  • For two florins, Ottomans will swoop in, losing a knight and taking the HRE as a Vassal. Spend a florin to repress and replace the concession on HRE's western border.

Run Eastern Trade Fair, gaining three bucks and replenishing the two spent Knights.

End the turn with three florins.

*(If Medici liberates the HRE concession, I'll repress that instead.)

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 5, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

OK, now I'll wait for Ad's decision.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Why not.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

There is a black bishop on the ottoman empire as well so it cannot use campaign - I assume you will just leave the black bishop on the qizibilli and move the one on the ottoman empire instead.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

There is a black bishop on the ottoman empire as well so it cannot use campaign - I assume you will just leave the black bishop on the qizibilli and move the one on the ottoman empire instead.

...er, when did that happen? it's not in the pictures, and i can't find a turn that describes my boy getting silenced?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

...er, when did that happen? it's not in the pictures, and i can't find a turn that describes my boy getting silenced?

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Take the grim, play the grim, putting the bishop onto the ottoman empire, activate ops

Western Commerce off - take the coin off western trade
Last Sigh - tax that northern concession
Grim - Move the bishop onto the Qizi..bli?
Jewish Pirates - Repress the northern aragon concession
Klephts - tax the eastern ottoman concession
Dalmation Merchant marine - take the coin of the Funj nomads I will be sad to miss.

Skizelo forgot to put the bishop on the ottoman empire.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Did I really? Ah shoot. Sorry about that.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Ah. I misinterpreted that turn. Then yeah, free up the Ottoman Empire. Qizilbashi can hold that boy for now.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Did I really? Ah shoot. Sorry about that.

Lol, no big deal I sympathize with failing to click with my incomprehensible and unstructured blather

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

My turn:

Take Funj Nomads, fire the knight into the Islamic piece

Run ops

English Merchants don't do anything
Funj Nomads repress the concession on the west of the Malmaluks
Last Sigh Seiges the Catholic knight
Khelpts - tax the western ottoman concession
Merchant Marine takes a coin off eastern trade
Jewish pirates repress the western concession
The Grimm moves the Islamic bishop off the Quiz onto the papal states.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sorry for the delay, I've not got any excuses just not been actually fiddling w/ vassal. Sunday for sure.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm finally going processing, and if GO moves the Ottoman bishop onto the Qiz (which already has a Bishop) then both are destroyed. A rule called "The Diet of Worms" means that bishops do not get along at all.
If GO wants to preserve that Bishop, you can either move it down the stack to the pope (so the order of ops would be pope campaigns, Qiz Inquisits, newly-freed up Ottomans campaign), or move it to one of the valid cards in CD's tableau.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

CD might also want to rejig has strategy as the Nomads have been subsumed into the Market Card.

There is no Supreme Religion Bishops: 1 Catholic; 1 Islamic; 0 Reformed. Theocratic Nobles: 4 Catholic; 4 Islamic, 2 Reformed

Medici Tableau Hand (1 Reformation, 1 Law)
Coeur Tableau Hand (2 Catholicism, 2 Islam, 1 Law, 2 Patronage, 6 Kingdoms. 1 Catholic Bishop, 1 Islamic Bishop)

This may count as a one-europe order. It's what Napoleon dreamed of!

For concessions, the field's a little more open.

Full size

The odds of no comets having show up yet are two coin flips, but I am still anxious that they are not in there. They're probably in there.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

buy and play sindicat remencea. Put the concession to the east. Decline to peasant revolt.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

SoftNum posted:

buy and play sindicat remencea. Put the concession to the east. Decline to peasant revolt.

I need to redo my turn first because I cannot but Funk nomads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm finally going processing, and if GO moves the Ottoman bishop onto the Qiz (which already has a Bishop) then both are destroyed. A rule called "The Diet of Worms" means that bishops do not get along at all.
If GO wants to preserve that Bishop, you can either move it down the stack to the pope (so the order of ops would be pope campaigns, Qiz Inquisits, newly-freed up Ottomans campaign), or move it to one of the valid cards in CD's tableau.

What I meant is, inquisit ottoman bishop to The Grim, leaving Qiz's bishop in place. This frees up the Ottomans to campaign as written, and silences The Grim as written.

• Locked thread