Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

Actually just recently it's become a trend among conservatives that both wind and solar don't work in winter.
I'm not kidding.

It's been popping up pretty frequently and they are laughing that for whatever retarded reason these don't work when it's cold outside. Yes. I know this makes no sense. But, there are a LOT of people that give a poo poo about this.

It's less hot in Winter so the sun obviously isn't working as well, duh

Wind is, uhh, thermal pockets, or something, maybe the turbines freeze up or some dumb poo poo like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i just looked it up. apparently solar panels are more efficient in colder weather and less efficient when it is hot. now i can go back to bed

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

my phone dies quicker in the cold so explain that libtard

solar = bad

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lollin at the 14% of people that loving love punts

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It went even lower thankfully. Die NFL die

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

snack eater posted:

it's actually against the law to show people actually drinking a beer

In THIS country. :cmon:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Between the Super Bowl and the Academy Awards the first two months of the year are just wall-to-wall people never shutting up about things they claim to not care about at all.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
lol bud light making GBS threads in their own bed with their hfcs bullshit. Sure, let's get people really thinking about ingredient integrity in cheapass light beers.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
excuse me, was this beer made using organic piss?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mozi posted:

excuse me, was this beer made using organic piss?

Calling beer piss: for when calling football sportsball just isn't insufferable enough

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

just lmao if you think bud light is good beer

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I had more fun playing Super Smash before the game and during halftime than I did watching the game.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bradzilla posted:

just lmao if you think bud light is good beer

its wet cardboard

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The Dude in a commercial is like a loving travesty, man.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Guy Mann posted:

Calling beer piss: for when calling football sportsball just isn't insufferable enough

I prefer lovely "piss" beers that cost like $1.50 a can over any pretentious micro brewed nonsense. The hops taste of every expensive beer out there is loving insufferable

If I'm drinking alcohol, its to feel a drunk buzz, so why not do it for as cheap as possible? Then I can go back to enjoying a nice sparkling water or whatever that actually tastes good.

TL;DR all beer tastes bad, you all are just elitists.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
... my post was to support the point that it's ridiculous for budweiser to hype the quality of their ingredients given that nobody buys their beer for that

but you seem to have some deep frustrations, so you can let those loose. it's a safe space here.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Mozi posted:

... my post was to support the point that it's ridiculous for budweiser to hype the quality of their ingredients given that nobody buys their beer for that

but you seem to have some deep frustrations, so you can let those loose. it's a safe space here.

I used to be a beer snob, only buying $7 a bottle beers and scoffing at Molson Canadians. But then I got better, and must face the tiring rants of men with waxed mustaches.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I used to be a beer snob, only buying $7 a bottle beers and scoffing at Molson Canadians. But then I got better, and must face the tiring rants of men with waxed mustaches.

man, literally every food and drink that's not like Coca-Cola and chicken nuggets with ketchup is an acquired taste that objectively tastes bad so just chill and let people enjoy what they enjoy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FlimFlam Imam posted:

The Dude in a commercial is like a loving travesty, man.

Oh. That's what that little trailer I saw on Twitter was for. It was a trailer for a loving commercial. :smith:

Archives
Nov 23, 2008

Blade Runner posted:

It's less hot in Winter so the sun obviously isn't working as well, duh

Mozi posted:

i just looked it up. apparently solar panels are more efficient in colder weather and less efficient when it is hot. now i can go back to bed

Are you guys idiots or something? Unless you live right at the equator there will be less sunlight hours during the winter.

Inclination of the earth: real or right wing conspiracy?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
only republicans can be dumb

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Archives posted:

Are you guys idiots or something? Unless you live right at the equator there will be less sunlight hours during the winter.

Inclination of the earth: real or right wing conspiracy?

I live in one of the most northern large cities on the planet, we still get 7+ hours of sunlight during the shortest time of year.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This is the greatest super bowl ad of my lifetime, both because the crowded bar where I originally saw it fell into absolute stunned silence before erupting into cheers, and because it actually convinced people to buy a piece of poo poo requiring wheel removal and pulling body work to get to the battery

https://youtu.be/SKL254Y_jtc

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

I live in one of the most northern large cities on the planet, we still get 7+ hours of sunlight during the shortest time of year.

This isn't a good hill to die on dude, trying to own the conservaderps with furious googling about the temperature dependence of solar panel efficiency while forgetting what seasons actually mean is loving hilariously stupid

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

feelix posted:

This isn't a good hill to die on dude, trying to own the conservaderps with furious googling about the temperature dependence of solar panel efficiency while forgetting what seasons actually mean is loving hilariously stupid

Nah, I'm just tired of people who think the sun literally vanishes during winter.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

go to cspam you morons no one loving cares

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

feelix posted:

how's the view from way up in there?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Mozi posted:

how's the view from way up in there?

You don't understand that days get shorter in the winter

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

I prefer lovely "piss" beers that cost like $1.50 a can over any pretentious micro brewed nonsense. The hops taste of every expensive beer out there is loving insufferable

If I'm drinking alcohol, its to feel a drunk buzz, so why not do it for as cheap as possible? Then I can go back to enjoying a nice sparkling water or whatever that actually tastes good.

TL;DR all beer tastes bad, you all are just elitists.

oh I love to get advice about a thing from someone who hates the thing, thanks!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
10 :gas: posts gets this sent to the chamber, or at least closed till it’s relevant again. (Next year). Sorry Bradzilla!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

More back on topic, they had a couple commercials for Pizza Hut with a guy who looked like Abe Lincoln doing 'modern day' stuff while talking about what $5 dollars would get you, each ending with him holding up a $5 and saying something about it must be good because it has his picture on it.

Ok, fine, right? Dumb. But fine.

In the background of the commercials, all of them, the music for 'All about the Benjamin's' by P-diddy was playing. Now, I don't know if you're aware of this, but Abraham Lincoln is not Benjamin Franklin, and Benjamin Franklin appears on the $100 bill, not a 5 spot.
This drove me nuts.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I saw one.

Anthony Hopkins doing his Hannibal routine hand-fed a peacock. Pretty good, I laughed. Now I have to buy, like, fifty Alexas.

I don't know if this is a best to worst list or just random order, but I'm gonna leave it at that.

Guy Mann posted:

Nobody calls it sportsball, the cool thing to do is to call football "handegg".

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What was the deal with the Burger King ad? They paid how many millions for that poo poo??

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

What was the deal with the Burger King ad? They paid how many millions for that poo poo??

Artist Andy Warhol once made a film of himself eating lunch.
Burger King changed the packaging on the burger to read 'Whopper'.

They are counting on Burger King customers to get this reference.

You may know him better as "That guy who painted a portrait of a Campbell's Tomato Soup Can".
He also made a 12 hour film of nothing but the front of the Empire State building. That's literally all the film is.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 5, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

You may know him better as "That guy who painted a portrait of a Campbell's Tomato Soup Can".
He also made a 12 hour film of nothing but the front of the Empire State building. That's literally all the film is.

That is literally the dumbest loving thing.

I knew who it was but I didn’t know they changed the packaging. Everyone I was watching it with was just like wtf is this poo poo.

It did not make me want a whopper.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

We had a Super Bowl party for the students at the school where I work. Most of my students are low-income inner-city minorities.

When this commercial came on, one of the kids shouted "Yo, how much did this dude get paid to eat a burger on TV?"

I shouted back: "Nothing, because he's dead." and I proceeded to tell them who Andy Warhol was. Had a real "teaching moment" as we say in the business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Watching people who have spent their entire life pretending to care about and support capitalism drop the veil the moment the free market decides that triggering them with corn-free beer and reminders not to beat women is more profitable than not is the one redeeming thing to come out of the super bowl this year