Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

My George Forman grill became sentient years ago. If there’s burg in the fridge it will wake up and start making burgers. I tried to make a chili, I tried to make a stroganoff, it had already made burgers. It can’t be destroyed with fire or force, I threw it in the trash and it mailed itself back to me. I just want some hamburger helper or a tostada but there are constantly, endlessly, perfectly medium rare hamburgers with light seasoning, juicy and flavorful. :burger: :tinfoil:

you must name all your children george, even the girls, to break the curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

BMX Ninja posted:

McDonald's in the UK is overpriced garbage, which I could live with back when they had the advantage of speed. I could walk in and my order would be ready in under a minute, because all the common burgers were pre-made and sitting under the heat lamps.

But now they make everything to order so I have to take a ticket and stand around for 5 minutes waiting for the production line to prepare my Big Mac from scratch. At some point they completely forgot that they're a fast food joint and not a boutique eaterie no matter how many wraps they add to their menu.

they got rid of their "specialty" burgers because it slowed down the workers so im pretty sure they are going to go back to the patties under a heatlamp.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

big nipples big life posted:

you must name all your children george, even the girls, to break the curse.

I was going to name them Child 1, Child 2, etc. this throws off the whole organization scheme. :catbert:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

If you can't push 4 buttons on a touchscreen in TYOOL 2019 to order a #1, then I don't know what to tell you OP :shrug:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

snergle posted:

they got rid of their "specialty" burgers because it slowed down the workers so im pretty sure they are going to go back to the patties under a heatlamp.

You mean the signature range? Literally never tried one, if I wanted a gourmet burger in a toasted brioche bun I wouldn't go to McDonalds for it.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

snergle posted:

my good sir have you heard the word of saviour arbys?

Oh, my goodness yes. I enjoy their reuben sandwich and the occasional gyro, but have not ventured to the rest of the items. Would you please tell me of the King's Hawaiian buns?

My anaconda don't want none unless they got them buns, hun.

Burnt Dick
May 3, 2018
I think UK McDonalds is a lot different than US. True, I'd rather go anywhere else, if we had Wendy's here then gently caress McDonalds. But honestly I don't understand the big deal here?

Touchscreens rule. I'd rather go straight up to the screen, put my order in and wait for the food. Why using a touchscreen is such an issue for goons of all people I don't know. You would rather wait in line to place your order, then wait again for your food?

And I use the word wait very loosely. I've never waited longer than 5 minutes for food, and because I'm not a loving idiot I can actually tell the touchscreen where I'm sitting and a poor employee will bring it to the table. But yeah I can see why losing 5 minutes of your life would be a disaster for society as a whole so let's go back to old stale poo poo under a heatlamp.

I don't go there regularly by any means, but since I work all over the country sometimes it is convenient to get a hot meal relatively cheap and quickly.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Burnt Dick posted:

I think UK McDonalds is a lot different than US. True, I'd rather go anywhere else, if we had Wendy's here then gently caress McDonalds. But honestly I don't understand the big deal here?

Touchscreens rule. I'd rather go straight up to the screen, put my order in and wait for the food. Why using a touchscreen is such an issue for goons of all people I don't know. You would rather wait in line to place your order, then wait again for your food?

And I use the word wait very loosely. I've never waited longer than 5 minutes for food, and because I'm not a loving idiot I can actually tell the touchscreen where I'm sitting and a poor employee will bring it to the table. But yeah I can see why losing 5 minutes of your life would be a disaster for society as a whole so let's go back to old stale poo poo under a heatlamp.

I don't go there regularly by any means, but since I work all over the country sometimes it is convenient to get a hot meal relatively cheap and quickly.

Can someone cliff notes this big angry tome for me

Burnt Dick
May 3, 2018

Kazak posted:

Can someone cliff notes this big angry tome for me

Op retarded, McDonalds not so bad

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

just a conveyer belt of endlessly coming greasy trash. You just walk up to it and open up your maw and take your fill, then pay.

Please Mister. Don't sign them posts that goddamn hard.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

or instead of cutting costs with a lovely touch screen they could pay a human being and you could talk to them and tell them what you want. It works pretty good.

The majority of employees at the local fast food places speak absolutely 0 English.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

or instead of cutting costs with a lovely touch screen they could pay a human being and you could talk to them and tell them what you want. It works pretty good.

Belligerence! And make less money?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Mcnuggets are nasty, every other fast food chicken nugget is better.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
It's bull poo poo that a value menu order is like $10. Rather get a mcdouble and value fry for like $4.

Nothing even comes close to the gold standard in fast food value tho, the Wendy's 4 for $4.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I like to get a #1 (big Mac combo) and a bonus 6 piece nug. Cost like $12. Miss me with that poo poo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Smythe posted:

I like to get a #1 (big Mac combo) and a bonus 6 piece nug. Cost like $12. Miss me with that poo poo.

The other day I got a foot long at Subway for the first time in ages.
poo poo was like $9 loving dollars. You kidding me with that bullshit?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Shamino posted:

The majority of employees at the local fast food places speak absolutely 0 English.

Reported for racism

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Like it's a fancy bologna sandwich how do you get off doing that

Also why are there like 9 subways per square mile in the US now like when did we passively decide to let that become a thing

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Big Beef City posted:

Also why are there like 9 subways per square mile in the US now like when did we passively decide to let that become a thing

It costs like $200,000 to open a subway franchise instead of $2,000,000 for other places, and corporate doesn't give a gently caress if you plant your subway next door to another guy's subway.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
MacDonald's in the UK are weird places. Only Mc'D's I've seen with honest-to-god bouncers and a little velvet rope.

*Tries to get my fat rear end some nuggets at 1AM*

Bouncer: *Shakes head* "Sorry man, not on the list"

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

magic cactus posted:

MacDonald's in the UK are weird places. Only Mc'D's I've seen with honest-to-god bouncers and a little velvet rope.

*Tries to get my fat rear end some nuggets at 1AM*

Bouncer: *Shakes head* "Sorry man, not on the list"

UKians are extremely fond of casual violence after dark, so the bouncers are necessary to avoid down times due to crime scene investigations and blood decontamination

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

JK Fresco posted:

UKians are extremely fond of casual violence after dark, so the bouncers are necessary to avoid down times due to crime scene investigations and blood decontamination

I thought it might have been something like that. Still got a laugh out of seeing a 6ft tall jacked dude guarding the entrance to a McDonald's. A surreal tableau that fits our current dystopian hellscape to a T. Only way to make it funnier would be if he were dressed as Ronald.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

Cyberpunk 2077 lookin' good.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

What the gently caress am I looking at?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

TheAardvark posted:

The future

A kiosk that tracks the people it sees and what they pay attention to using gaze and eye movement tracking

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

The logs from a security cam and the targets it identified and how it scored them as risk factors.

E: same thing

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's an advertising thing.

https://theoutline.com/post/1528/this-pizza-billboard-used-facial-recognition-tech-to-show-women-ads-for-salad

quote:

A restaurant used facial recognition to show men ads for pizza and women ads for salad

Hidden cameras that detect gender, ethnicity, and whether someone is smiling are the future of advertising.

dehumanize and face the capital

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

its bs

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's data mining for all sorts of nefarious purposes like marketing and stuff. Modern facial recognition technology is extremely cheap and reasonably accurate so it can figure out your demographic and stuff.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's data mining for all sorts of nefarious purposes like marketing and stuff. Modern facial recognition technology is extremely cheap and reasonably accurate so it can figure out your demographic and stuff.

lets see facial recognition figure out that im a misanthropic goon who hates everything. nice try capitalism. gently caress off.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Fool the capitalist swines by standing in front of a kiosk grinning like a maniac while staring at file'o'fish for half an hour.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Smythe posted:

lets see facial recognition figure out that im a misanthropic goon who hates everything. nice try capitalism. gently caress off.

Yeah so fire sauce, same as last time, sir?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
facial recognition: ah, a well adjusted gringo. scanning: clothes from the gap, normal style, beard, calculating: normal person

inside my mind: the most twisted poo poo you can imagine

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

Yeah so fire sauce, same as last time, sir?

prefer the diablo sauce

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the kiosk thinks im looking at the pizza, but im actually imagining android 18 sexually dominating krillin and pinching my nut sack thru my jorts pocket

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Smythe posted:

prefer the diablo sauce

where

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

outside the bun