Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Luna Lovell
Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 0
Harm 1/4 XP 3/5
Psycho

Well, it's not like I'm holding any evidence (even my lighter), so maybe the bald faced lie is the best approach here.

"Uh...no?"

I stand up and brush away any ash that might have fallen on me and walk up to the office door. For all my big talk about not caring earlier there's still a big lump in my throat, but I do my best to sound blase in front of Hillam and Jay.

"Look, sir, can we get this over with? I don't wanna walk home alone after dark."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch
Hot: -1 | Cold: 2 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4

It's all I can do to not dance out of that office. I'm off the hook and I've got nothing to worry about for the weekend but having a good time at the party. Everything worked out better than I expected.

I decide it's a good time to get out of the general area before the principal has a chance to change his mind, which has the benefit of ducking out before I have to answer any questions I don't want to answer from Luna.

When I get home, I relax for a little, make a snack, and then set to work. I take the hair and burn it in a chalked circle, thinking about all the lies that I just know he's told. My fury and indignation power the hex, and I feel it building up even more and more.

failed ritual goes here.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Paisley: When the two of you head outside, you see Brayden still in the parking lot, talking on his cell phone. Seems he decided to take a moment to talk to someone before leaving. Jenna is waiting for you and the two of you leave the school. She looks over at you several times during the drive, and you feel her becoming nervous. Then she says, "Paisley! Everything going good? I'm going to talk to Mary Anne's managers and all that. Anything else you need?" Her nervousness isn't going away - you can in fact sense she's still worried about how things went this morning. What do you do?

Billie: Paisley leaves you to deal with Braden, and as you get closer you can hear him finishing his conversation. "Yeah. Yeah, don't worry. I'm taking care of it. Talk to you later." As he hangs up, he sees you coming towards him. He looks around as if to see if there's possibly someone else you're going to and realizes he's the only one around. "Uh...hey Billie. Is, uh, is there something you want?" What do you do?

Luna: He sighs at you lying to him and says "We'll see. There's a lot to discuss." He brings you into the office and the two of you sit down. He's silent at first, and seems to be thinking. "So. This morning you attacked Chris Moors by throwing him out a classroom window. That would be bad enough, but this is a violent pattern of yours. After you assaulted Ms. Geary bad enough that she had to go the hospital, you decide to continue this behavior. Can I ask - what exactly are you thinking Ms. Lovell? How do you not see the path you're going down?" What do you do?

Jay: Your rage and fury burns, and the hair burns with it. Suddenly, you feel it becoming very, very hot in your room and the hair ignites in almost an inferno. The chalk lines themselves burst into flame. But the fire, intense as it is, stays in the same place. Smoke pours out, and for a second it looks like you might need to get an extinguisher. But then the fire suddenly vanishes in a huge cloud of black smoke, and you can sense the magic has gone awry. What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Billie Odynom
Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile 2 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5
Conditions: Dead Meat

"Hey buddy. P sent me to pick up the stuff or whatever is going on. You know her, loves her liaisons. So uh, lead the way I guess." I shrug. Best to have him thinking I'm the sucker here and not him.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 3/5
Psycho

I try to look defiant for a second but I'm pretty sure all I'm achieving with my stare is sullen, so I shrug instead. It probably doesn't look any less childish.

"He hit me first. I'm not going to apologize for defending myself because I don't trust the school to keep me safe. You couldn't keep my medical records confidential or move me to a class away from people who I had trouble with, so don't ask me to be a good little girl and not fight back. And don't give me crap about the 'path I'm going down' like what I do here is going to matter worth poo poo in a couple years time. You're not my shrink, you're not my mom, you have even less idea about my life than they do and you can't control me."

I've raised my voice without realizing it, and I can feel my face getting kind of red with a genuine anger at this pointless waste of a cheap suit for holding me here.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6-1 shut down hillam = (6+5)-1 = 10

Taking a string on the principal

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: He pauses. "Uh, well I'm trying to help her out with Ron. What do you need to go with me for?" What do you do?

Luna: Principal Hillam looks nervous as you began to raise your voice, but steadies himself. "This-this is not about your excuses or what went on in your evaluation. This is about what you're doing here. And the path I'm referring to is what will happen outside of school. If you keep attacking people and hurting them, where do you think you'll be? Do you want to end up in prison for assault or worse? All I'm hearing is you blaming others. What do you plan on changing about yourself?" What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

I rub my temples. "Right. Okay. So how exactly is this working? The mastermind failed to fill me in on a few details when she made me the bagman." This is going to be a pain in my rear end. Is P trying to send me after Luna's bro or is she thinking this guy is more than an errand boy?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: "Well, I'm going to meet up with Ron when Paisley sets something up, and I've got-" He stops, and looks at you. "Wait hang on. It seems like you have no idea what I'm going to do. What are you bringing to the plan, Billie? Seems like I could do it just fine on my own." He glances at his car and brings his keys out of his pockets. He looks like he's thinking of just leaving you behind. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4

Surprised, I yell, "gently caress!". Running over to the window, I throw it open to let the smoke out. Coughing, I try and fan it out of the room.

As I'm doing that, I'm somehow even more livid. That's twice he's gotten away from me.

There won't be a third.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4/5

It takes a few moments before I respond to Jenna. I say, "I think we're making the most of it. It's certainly been... troublesome, to say the least, but I think that things are beginning to move in a more productive direction. If Luna finds her way to the party, we won't be entirely unprepared. I trust the other preparations have been taken care of?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 3/5
Psycho

I'm winding up for another retort but then the absurdity of Hillams last line hits me and I start to giggle. Then I start to laugh uncontrollably, to the point of tears and having to slap the desk with my hand to try and get some kind of a grip. Of all the things to ask all the people in this school, you ask the one girl who's a werewolf if she's going to change? In the back of my mind Moon is laughing as well, but less kindly. I manage to get a breath back and wipe my eyes with the back of my hand. I probably look like raw trash about now, but I feel like a million bucks.

"Whew, OK. Sorry about that. Look, sir, I'm way ahead of you on changing. It's not my fault you don't like the changes. Write me up for whatever 'punishment' you've got. I don't care. I pinky swear I won't go starting any more fights in school, if that makes you feel any better. Just make this quick, I got stuff to do tonight."

2d6+1 manipulate hillam = (2+3)+1 = 6, spending a string to get 9

what will it take to get hillam to let me leave?

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 28, 2019

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

I shrug. "P wants another pair of eyes on the deal, or some muscle. She didn't tell me why she wanted you baby sat. Want to keep the queen happy don't you?"

failed manipulate

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 29, 2019

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Paisley: "Yeah. Yeah. Me and the others are taking care of it." You can sense she's feeling a little inadaquate. "Talked to Mary Anne's managers. Like I said." There's an awkward silence and then she pipes up again with "You're not mad at me or anything, right? Everything cool?" What do you make of how she's acting? What do you do?

Luna: Principal Hillam looks shocked as you just laugh in his face. "Now-just a-hold on," he stammers as he gets over the surprise. "It sounds like you aren't taking this seriously. I'm going to sit down and talk with your parents over the weekend about this then." What do you do?

Billie: Brayden looks at you. "Oh. So Paisley sent you just in case? I guess I could let you tag along then. Maybe you'll be helpful." He seems to be under the impression that Paisley thinks better of him then of you and takes some pride in that.

Brayden gains a String on you

He opens both doors and motions for you to get in the passenger seat. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4/5

I give Jenna a slightly confused look, "Why would I be mad at you?" This is definitely odd. Winter has been a little off lately, thanks in large part to her 'friend' and those insipid attempts to police who she spends time with, but Jenna and Damien have been nothing if not solid. Maybe she's offended that I've saddled her with facilitating Mary Anne? Ah, perhaps... "If this is about that conversation in homeroom, don't worry about it. Some people just need a touch of finesse."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 3/5
Psycho

I manage to wipe the smile off my face. Mom doesn't need any of this poo poo dumped in her lap, she's worried enough about me already. Dad I'm less worried about but he's off selling Very Important Products in loving...Canada? I think? so it's not like Hillam could call him in on short notice anyway. Still, he wants to know why I don't really care about my grades or about getting in trouble with a teacher? Let's tell him.

"OK. You want to know why I don't seem to care about how getting in fights can affect my future? The way I see it I don't have the kind of future you're thinking of, with a college degree and a white collar job doing some bullshit and a house and some cars. No-one my age does. The world as you knew it is ending, old man. Climate change, economic collapse, resource wars...it doesn't take a genius to see that future that's coming isn't going to be a good one. I'm changing so I'll be ready for a future in a world your generation let burn down. Maybe if you'd been more ready to fight for what mattered things wouldn't be so bad now."

@Luna Lovell: 2d6-1 shut down hillam = (2+4)-1 = 5

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 6, 2020

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

I'm antsy all ride. Which is well enough because it goes with my ill convinced trap. Once we get near the bridge I go, "Hey, I gotta piss. Sorry. It's the spiro. Turns people into an open faucet."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Paisley: "Oh! Okay. I mean, I was talking to Damien about it and-" She suddenly stops. "Uh, never mind. I'm just glad it all worked out." She smiles awkwardly. What do you do?

Luna: Principal Hillam just stares at you in shocked silence. Finally he manages to get out, "This is far beyond my capabilities. Do you remember when Mrs. Rains recommended you meet a psychiatrist? I think you need to find someone to talk to. In fact, I'll let her know to help you out with that. For now, just...just go home and maybe rethink what you said." What do you do?

Billie: "Jesus Christ," Brayden mutters. He rolls his eyes, but pulls over. "Hurry up," he says as he turns away to give you privacy. What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 3+1/5
Psycho

"Yeah, sure. Great. Another doctor, more talking. I'll get right on that."

I stand up and gather my stuff without breaking eye contact until I turn around to leave. Once I'm out of the office and waiting room with both doors closed behind me I let myself feel the full weight of the anger welling up inside me. That loving do nothing paper-pushing coward thinks I'm beyond repair? What the gently caress does he know? I snarl and punch a locker as I stalk through the empty halls towards the main exit. My knuckles sting but the pain helps bring my mind back into focus. If I stay mad at Hillam I'm not going to be paying attention to things that matter, like Paisley and Jay and Maeve. I need to be ready for anything tonight. I think I have a handle on Paisley, but I still have no information on what Jay's capable of, except for getting beat up. I pause for a moment in the foyer by a trophy cabinet (This one has old football awards in it. Ron's name is in there a couple of times) and use the reflective surface to meditate.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6 gaze about jay = (2+5) = 7

i would like confusing and alarming visions please

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

I had some clever plan to like, draw the guy below the bridge to deal with him. But all this anticipation before a meal is driving me insane. I open the door then reach over and unbuckle the seat belt. I flick it up at his face to disorient him then seizing by the collar yank him out to send him off the bridge.

Lashing out to deal great harm, 2 harm.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Luna: You see your reflection looking back at first, and then you see Jay looking back at you. He smiles, and you see nothing to him. He places his hand on yours, on the opposite side of the glass.

Then he grins

and you feel an agonizing stab of pain

and blood drips down on the glass

and Jay is no longer giving you a friendly smile. He's smiling in a far more wicked manner, and licks your blood off his hands

and then

You stumble back and see just your reflection, no blood, the pain's gone...like nothing happened. What do you do?

Billie: "Hey what are you do-" is about what Brayden gets out before you smash him in the face. He tries to fights you on the way out, but all that happens is you bash his head a few more times. By the time he realizes what's going on, he's over the bridge - but manages to grab ahold of the handle.

"BILLIE! WAIT! DON'T DO THIS! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO ME, YOU AND PAISLEY WILL BE IN HUGE poo poo!" He stares at you, trying to cow you into letting him live.

Brayden spends his string to force you to Hold Steady if you want to keep attacking him

"Let..." he gulps in air. "Let me back in and let's talk about this, all right?" What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I say, "Oh? What were you talking with Damien about?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

I frown and fold my arms. I feel the hunger pangs but for a moment I remember originally I wasn't planning on eating him. "Oh word? I live in a world of poo poo. And P knows what she's doing. Why does she need you around?" This sucker better give me something good if he wants to get out of here missing some fingers at best.

failed hold steady

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Paisley: "Uh, well, just about what happened this morning...um, and he was just saying that I screwed up and you were probably disappointed in me. But you aren't, so it's fine." She smiles, and you sense she feels relief. Still, what do you make of Damien saying that to her?

Billie: "You think I didn't let anyone else know about what's going on?" You do remember he was on the phone before the two of you left. "If something happens to me, that person will know Paisley had something to do with it and has access to stuff uploaded to my cloud. That includes our last conversation, which the police will be interested in. Although maybe Paisley will turn on you for a plea bargain? Now help me up." What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

Whatever. Weak poo poo. I snatch his wrist and pull up his hand. "They'll have to find the body." I clamp down my jaws on his fingers. It's like a switched is flicked once I taste the blood. I kept the hunger at bay long enough.

8 to lash out. Taking harm back

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 17, 2020

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: "Wait wait wait-" he starts to say before you bite down on his fingers. He yells in pain and instinctively brings up his other hand to try and strike your face. So all you have to do is let him go and he falls screaming, until he hits the ground with a sickening crack and doesn't make anymore noise. Whether he died on impact or was going to die shortly afterward doesn't really matter much once you get down there.

Chose one of your options from Satiety

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 17, 2020

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5

I pick the bones clean. After regaining my lucidity I smash the skull's teeth before sending the scraps down the river. Just another nameless shlub who's 'had his last needle now.'

I go through his phone and find P in the contacts to call her up.

healing

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 4/5
Psycho

Well now I'm just confused and alarmed. He...takes things from people? Whatever, I guess I need more context. I walk out into the gathering darkness, figuring I'll head home and change before going out tonight. Either breaking in to the party or hanging with Maeve, or both if the timing works out. Maybe Ron has some weed I can borrow? I could definitely use calming down.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I say, "Mistakes are there to be learned from. I'd lean towards disappointment if the same events repeated, but I am quite sure that will not be the case." Her admission that Damien is behind her concerns is worrisome. Is this a play for my favor? A play for his own kingdom? I'll need to reinforce my hold over these three sooner than not, but- My phone rings. I check the number and sigh. I say, "A moment, I believe I need to take this call."

I accept it and say, "This is Paisley."

Tricky fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 20, 2020

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5

"Mission accomplished. Buddy won't be showing his face around town anymore." I toss the phone into the river. If I eat poo poo over this at least that'll be a killer scene in the documentary.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
New scene, so highlights refresh

Time passes, and the sun goes down. It is later in the year, and the moon comes out earlier and earlier now. The party has started and is getting into full swing.

Billie: What did you do with Brayden's car? And how do you feel about eating someone who wasn't a homeless addict?

You get some looks when you arrive at Damien's house, but having Jay vouch for you lets you get in. Now that you're at Damien's house, who do you want to test the weed on?

Jay: Winter helps you pick out an outfit - or rather, she picks out clothes for you and tells you how it'll come together. You and Damien shoot some hoops beforehand - who wins your little game? As everyone arrives, Damien gets bottles of beer out and waves for his friends. Billie shows up, and he lets her in since you asked him to earlier. Winter and Krystal arrive, and come over - but Hale is also with them. He glares at you while the other two greet you. "You enjoying yourself?" Damien asks as he hands out the beer. He looks a little surprised at Hale being here with everyone else, but gives him a beer too. Paisley, Jenna, and Mary Anne show up as well. What do you do?

Paisley: Now that it's been done, how do you feel about arranging for someone's death? Once Winter is done with Jay, she lays out the outfit she had planned for you. You can sense her waiting for your approval - how do you like it?

Damien, Winter, Jay, Krystal and...Hale? are together, getting out beers. Damien waves you and Jenna over. Krystal gives you a distrustful glance before turning her focus back on Jay. Mary Anne yanks one of the beers from Damien's hands and then heads off to keep an eye out for Luna. What do you do?

Luna: What do you do before the party?

You arrive outside Damien's house, and from the cars parked outside, it looks like everyone's here too. How do you sneak in?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0

By the time I get to the party, I've calmed down enough that my rage isn't immediately obvious.

I'm not much for fashion, but I have to admit that I look pretty good in Winter's outfit. It's kinda preppy, but I guess she's got me there. Of course, I didn't change into that until I played Damien in basketball. I'm rusty, as I haven't really played while I've been here, but I managed to edge him out when we played some one on one. I think he might have let me win, though. The second I got ahead by a few points, he'd sink a shot with ease to catch up, but whenever he was ahead, he'd brick hard.

I still don't know why Paisley's crew is giving me the charm offensive. I'm not the type to do people's homework, and that's really all I can see them wanting from me.

My idle wondering is interrupted when Hale shows up. He shoots me a vicious glare but doesn't say anything. Internally, I'm seething, but I'm not going to be the one to start poo poo. At least not in front of everyone. I take a bit of comfort in the fact that Damien seems surprised by Hale showing up and take the beer Damien's offering, saying, "Well, can't say I'm one to complain about free beer, so the party's heading in the right direction."

To be honest, I've never had a beer outside of when my dad gave me one when he was grilling. But they don't need to know that.

Once I spot Paisley, though, I head over to talk to her before she joins the group as a whole. When I catch her, I lower my voice, asking quietly, "So, for real, why did I get an invite? I'm not really in the in crowd, so I'm not sure what you're looking for." I'm standing fairly close to her to make sure no one overhears, and I'm looking right in her eyes, waiting for an answer that makes sense.

Failed turn on of Paisley. Mark XP and advance.

Taking Cold as Ice, because Jay is just, like, the biggest jerk.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jay: While you're talking to Paisley, you hear Krystal shout and stumble to the ground. She's clutching her head, and Hale and Winter look surprised. "Damien, is something wrong with the sound system? Some weird noise just shot out."

Damien looks confused. "Huh? I didn't hear anything? What do you mean?"

Hale and Winter nod and confirm Damien's statement. "You okay Krystal?" Winter asks with concern on her face. Krystal looks around, also confused. "I...guess I thought I heard something? I'm fine, I'm fine." She gets back up and smiles awkwardly. What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 4/5
Psycho

Well, I take a shower, get changed into something comfortable and grab some painkillers for the nagging reminder that my face got slammed into a wall this morning. I check my teeth in the mirror for a second, making sure I'm not showing too much wolf yet. Then I go to bug Ron for some weed but he's out so I help myself and leave an IOU. Next I raid Dad's liquor cabinet for a little pregame scotch. Not my fave but he's an old man, what do you expect? Besides, booze is booze. Finally I make sure Mom is going to be busy with Netflix and chilled wine all night, and head over via the back roads.

Good thing I did, because Damian's place is pumping. No way I'm getting in through the front door without making a scene. Luckily the house (compound? manor?) backs on to these scrubby woods which are a cinch to sneak through, and the decorative stone facing on the wall makes it a breeze to climb over. I take a moment to sit on top of the wall with Moon at my back, kinda plotting my next move. It's not like I'm just here to have a good time, although stranger things have happened. I have to figure out Jay's deal, try and keep him out of Paisley's...whole...thing, and maybe throw Chris through another window. All before I have to take off on a nighttime garden date...thing.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 28, 2020

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5

I ditched Brayden's car at the woods. Near the popular spots for smoking and boozing when people don't have an empty house to party. A place that's easy to get hosed up and lost in indefinitely and not something the cops will expect to get people to admit to being involved with. Just another victim of substance abuse. Another statistic. Well drugs did actually get him killed anyway, just the other end of it. The trade is dangerous business. Anyone with any aspirations for it is a dangerous person. I just hock weed to afford basic necessities and look at me. poo poo look at P. I already know how she feels about people that aren't be super useful to her.

Well whatever. Cross that bridge when I get to it. Well uh, not exactly. Since the idea is get ahead of the backstab. Anyway what I want now is to celebrate Chris' concussion with Luna. I'm sort of here to run interference on her anyway so kill too birds with one stone.

I don't have to wait long until she jumps the fence. She stays perched up there so I pull myself up and sit next to her. "Hey girl! I heard the good news. You let big old dipshit have it as soon as I turn my back." I cackle and pat her back. "I wish I could have seen it."

failed turn on

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 0/4 XP 4+1/5
Psycho

I'm lost in thought when Billie pops up out of nowhere beside me and touches me, causing me to make an undignified "Blargh!?!" sound and fall forward. I've been tossed around enough mats to instinctively fall safely and the manicured turf with it's light coating of pine needles is pretty soft, but I don't stick the landing so I'm left staring back up at her from flat on my back. Her silhouette against the stars looms even larger than life and I cough to cover my embarrassment at being spooked.

"Uh. Hey. Anyone ever tell you how quiet you move? 's pretty impressive."

I sit up and brush pine needles out of my hair and off my jacket to cover while my brain processes the words I heard her saying into sentences and context.

"Chris? De nada, that rear end has been begging to get kicked for months. I was just the agent of justice on the scene. Speaking of scenes, gotta say I didn't think this party would be yours. But I'm glad you're here, cause I'm pretty sure things are going to get weird tonight."

I stand up and let the moonlight cascade over me, smile an extra toothy smile, and hold out a hand to help her down.

"Wanna go cause some trouble?"

@Luna Lovell: 2d6+1 turn on billie = (1+6)+1 = 8

Choose wisely!

edit: advanced, took Heightened Senses

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 30, 2020

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5

Do I regret what I led Billie to do? No. The old Paisley would have, might even still. But that was her and this is me. Happy Valley is a cruel place. I need to be harder than anyone else if I want to thrive... and really, what's the downside here? Brayden was an idiot. Billie is, apparently, a cannibal murderer. I've learned much and now Billie has a certain tie to me. The sort that nobody would believe if she revealed. Did I react the way someone ordering a killing might when she called my phone from Brayden's? No. If those records get pulled I have a certain degree of ambiguity, enough to have the sort of lawyer that this wealth and power I've become entrenched in can buy turn the situation to my advantage.

Still, hopefully it won't come to that. Billie has proven efficacious in her work and has a certain degree of ambition. I respect that. Jay, on the other hand, demands a more immediate degree of attention. The outfit Winter has chosen is exquisite. An aggressive cut of black silk and the right sort of jewelry to suggest class, while not overdoing it for a house party. I embrace her before I don it, whispering, "You're the best, Winter. I can't do this without you." A calculated admission of vulnerability, of course, but one I hope will buoy her spirits. "Find me at the party later, it's been far too long since we've shared a quiet moment."

The whirlwind of prep continues, of course, and soon enough I'm out seeing and being seen in turn. The burdens of being a social icon. Jay approaches, a touch intense for a casual interaction, and I meet his eyes in turn. I say, "There's an in crowd now, yes, but the times are changing. These social circles need to change with them. If you don't want to be part of that..." I shrug. "I won't force it. I just thought it would be a nice gesture."

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 8:37 AM
@Paisley Severance: 2d6+1 turn on jay = (1+4)+1 = 6

No dice, but I take Many Bodies.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5

What's that the weebs say? The moon looks beautiful tonight? Luna just glows under the moon. gently caress, I'm gay. I take her hand and if I had any circulation I'd probably be flush. "Hell yeah- Well uh." I rub the back of my neck. "The discrete kind. I kind of promised P I'd make sure you didn't wreck the party to weasel my way in here. So I'll just have to keep a very close eye on you all night." I don't need an excuse to be on that rear end like glue but by god I'm taking it.

giving self.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: "Hey lovebirds." You see Mary Anne walking towards you. "Why don't you go back inside? Maybe I won't tell Paisley about you helping her sneak in." What do you do?

Luna: Mary Anne takes a quick swig of her beer. "You going to leave quietly? Paisley wants me to keep you out. Might be fun if you try to resist though." What do you do?

Paisley: Hale is close enough to see you talking to Jay, even if he can't hear what you're talking about. But he definitely realizes you've taken an interest in Jay.

Hale takes a String on you

You can see him putting that bit of information away for later. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 30, 2020

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 0/4 XP 0+1/5
Psycho

I get caught in a split second dilemma again: do I slap Billie's face for working with Paisley to try and keep me out or grab her rear end and start making out with her for...other reasons? I'm just leaning towards making out when we're interrupted, and it's all I can do not to snarl out loud. Maybe I snarl a little bit under my breath, but probably no-one heard that. I let Billie's hand go and turn towards Mary Anne, tilting my head on the side as I let my senses drink the situation in. No surprises from this one, not when the smell of the sweat on her skin and the sound of her heartbeat can tell me her whole story.

2d6+2 heightened senses = (3+2)+2 = 7

what is Mary Anne's secret weakness?

marking xp for rolling dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Luna: You and Mary Anne stare at each other, her waiting for you to do something and you opening your senses. You hear her heartbeat, faint...a bit fainter then it should be actually. You smell the beer on her breath...along with the stench of alcohol she drank before the party. Quite a lot of it actually. It's even real obvious to you in the scent of her sweat - a regular person wouldn't notice it but you're not really a regular person. You realize maybe Mary Anne has a drinking problem no one knows about.

Mary Anne starts drinking the rest of the beer. "Listen, if you want to run that's cool too, I guess. Less work for me." She seems disappointed. What do you do?