Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play The Saboteur Episode 11 - Dilly Of A Pickle

I was really good at Where's Waldo as a kid.

Like, really good.

I'm convinced Dan didn't miss the first shot, he just instinctively wanted the nazi loving ambassador to die knowing fear rather than have a swift and painless head explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
whoOPS THAT WAS THE WRONG EPISODE ONE SEC

Let's Play The Saboteur Episode 12 - I Wanna Go Fast

See I CAN drive well, I just choose not to <:mad:>

Danaru fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 28, 2020

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"The real race is trying to get away from the game over screen"

...Okay that makes a lot of sense actually.

I'm also proud of this game for not implementing rubberbanding in it's street races.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play The Saboteur Episode 13 - Kinda Jesus-ey

I was never much of an Old Testament guy until Father Dennis showed me you can read from the side of the smiter, not just the smitee.

I'm still not going to mass though Padre, even God slept in on sunday

also I love to imagine that Dennis is just so accustomed to my particular brand of chaos that me starting a rampage through his church doesnt even warrant him standing up

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Alternate episode title: Dennis the Menace.

Also, you playing around on the carousel for five seconds makes me suddenly desire an insane fever dream genre hybrid, of theme park management and Nazi killing.

Everything can be improved with "And also you kill Nazis", after all.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Yep, Father Denis does pull a shotgun and open fire on the Nazis during the Red Wedding mission. It’s why I like him as a character. In fact, if Sean doesn’t take his cue and start shooting Nazis when Denis says “if anyone objects...” you get a great scene. First the Father repeats loudly “If ANYONE OBJECTS...” then he sighs and opens fire himself without waiting for you any longer. :D This puts his “save your own rear end, Sean!” line in a new light.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Father Denis owns ok

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Of course the Nazi is also a pedo. Yikes.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play The Saboteur Episode 14 - Spooky Ghost Zeppelin

This may shock you but I really like these missions where you have to blow up a ton of targets in a confined area, it's fun to be sneaky and then also fun to sling around shooting nazis and whipping dynamite at stuff :allears:

This is the last episode we got in our backlog, unfortunately it might take a little while to record again since havent had a day off for WEEKS. fortunately I'm coming up on the limit I can work before I become an OHS liability so they pretty much have to give me time off.

BORN TO CLEAN
WORLD IS A gently caress
Kill Em All 2020
I am janitor man
410,757,864,530 DEAD VIRUSES

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Murder should remain a gentleman's sport" is one of those terrible things that still sounds cool.

I hope you stay safe with your ground zero bullshit, Dan.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dan finally learns the struggle of solo commentary.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play The Saboteur Episode 15 - Third Reichin' rear end Bitches

GoG Galaxy decided to download and install a massive infrastructure update while we were playing, which makes the framerate dip to poo poo mid-episode without us noticing :negative: It also causes some issues in an episode or two but we'll get to that

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I still love how this game lets you barely survive exploding cars unlike most games, because the devs knew. They knew it would be rude to not give you at least a chance to keep killing nazis uninterrupted.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

In what world do I want to blow you up?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Honestly I just assume everyone wants to blow me up because a surprising amount of people do.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
There should be a Kill the Nazis objective note somewhere on the UI at all times.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Danaru posted:

Honestly I just assume everyone wants to blow me up because a surprising amount of people do.

I don't. I just wanna make jokes about and possibly with you.

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
This LP is the light we all need in our lives right now. Good to see you back.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
how does Grace not know what Good Times is.

granted i only know what it is because it was in syndication on some cable network, but

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play The Saboteur Episode 16 - Bombs And Gumption

I don't remember Fight Back zones being all that useful, but god drat I love them this time around

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Goddamn that panic dive out of the balcony to safety loving ruled :allears:

Sure it was to get away from your own grenade, but it still counts!

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I hope you realize you're going to have to lp Yoko Taro's The Saboteur HD Remix when it comes out.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

vilkacis posted:

I hope you realize you're going to have to lp Yoko Taro's The Saboteur HD Remix when it comes out.

making me that excited for something that won't exist should be a crime

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play The Saboteur Episode 17 - Pierre's Pissed

Luc's the one who recruited the chaos elemental known as Dan so really any casualties are his fault when you think about it

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Look i'm gonna have to agree with Grace on this one, there is no need to go around punching innocent french people when there are perfectly good nazis to butcher. Not to mention every time you punch a random pedestrian, a nazi who could have been getting his face rearranged goes un-punched for just a bit longer!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

Luc's the one who recruited the chaos elemental known as Dan so really any casualties are his fault when you think about it

You bought it on GOG so technically it's CD Project's fault!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Is it wrong that I was expecting to see Alligator and Wombat loving around and refusing to let eachother fulton out on the big bridge?

Bobsedgws
Jun 12, 2009
College Slice
I'm amazed at Dan's restraint in not beating up those resistance dudes - like if there's anyone who deserves a good throwing around it's them after all that nonsense.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play The Saboteur Episode 18 - Any Nazis Is Too Many Nazis

I really like the "blow stuff up to fill a success meter" mission format, even if my performance might make it seem otherwise

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play The Saboteur Episode 19 - Took It Like A Champ

Luc you are the worst loving resistance leader jesus christ

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

As an aside, this game is $5 on GOG.com right now.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
St. Germain is a district in Paris, named for a 15th century bishop who did a lot of good for the poor in that area. He was canonized by the Catholic Church for his deeds. There are also many people in French history with the surname, including a legendary adventurer/scientist in the 18th century who claimed to be centuries old and the royal silversmith for the last French king in the same century (Assassin's Creed combined the two characters and made him a bad guy in their Paris video game). Today, the name graces a number of streets and companies in Paris, and it is also used by a jazz musician.

Luc isn't the best or the worst resistance leader I've seen, but he has a lot of company from other video games among those of poor quality. Then again, his personality does upset me, especially his offer to take Sean, Veronique, and Skylar out for wine tasting in the middle of a war. Celebrate after victory! Getting all the resistance leaders together in one place is also pretty dumb.

Dr. Kwong is probably my favorite questgiver in the game next to Father Denis. Keep doing his missions, you'll see why.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play The Saboteur Episode 20 - Oopsie Poopsie

ah, So u persecute Sean Devlin just because he has a different driving style? Do Tell. (resistance gets mad at me) Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
If you don't have the "Kill 5 Nazis with one explosion" perk yet, the concert mission in this video is a great spot to get it. Just be careful because as Dan said, there are a lot of Nazis!

Also, it's never explicitly stated in the game whether Duval's ex is black. Europeans have been into interracial relations long as anyone else. And collaborators are always tempted by money and power. :(

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

achtungnight posted:

If you don't have the "Kill 5 Nazis with one explosion" perk yet, the concert mission in this video is a great spot to get it. Just be careful because as Dan said, there are a lot of Nazis!

Yup, you don't want to accidentally miss any!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It's wonderful that civilians react to taking stray bullets to the spine less than they do kicking them.

If anything it makes it feel like Dan is really earning those civilian multikill combos.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm on my phone so I can't take a screenshot, but Dan has killed more than twice as many civilians than the Nazis have killed.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That was uh... that was an interesting time for that particular voice clip to pop up during the concert mission :stonklol:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

I'm on my phone so I can't take a screenshot, but Dan has killed more than twice as many civilians than the Nazis have killed.

The Nazis only have such a low kill count because every time they try to kill civilians, I appear out of nowhere at 80 km/h and atomized them :colbert: I'm the human equivalent of the trolley problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play The Saboteur Episode 21 - No Consequences

Luc is going to get Oopsie Poopsied if he doesnt stop talking to me with that tone