Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
alright Jose you better bring this bitch home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I died as I lived, unsure of how features Im trying to use work

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Go J ru

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Hipster Occultist posted:

Its all up to you, Relax or Die. Do Games proud. :patriot:

don't see a reason to start now tbh

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Relax Or DIE posted:

don't see a reason to start now tbh

You better be Big Boss and die to a hairspray can and lighter

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

quote:

District 9: TCC+TFR is our first district to be completely wiped out. Coincidentally, these two forums have the highest mortality rate compared to all the other ones! True to nature, guys. 

:laffo:

Also I'm going for Jose on avatar alone so you better win or I'm out more money

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
im not dead the blood coming out of my mouth is just victory wine

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

pfft "home" we all know what Jose was really thinking about

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Dragonstoned posted:

pfft "home" we all know what Jose was really thinking about

Always

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Jesus christ you are a loving mistake and letdown HGB.

Jose, now is your time to shine. You're all the team has left because they are weak!

Show them what they could have been!

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 29, 2020

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Barudak posted:

I died as I lived, unsure of how features Im trying to use work

everyone is disappointed in you. I hope you feel shame.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

Oddium took the coward's way out :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hipster Occultist posted:

Its all up to you, Relax or Die. Do Games proud. :patriot:

You're doomed

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Night Four

Athanatos, learning the hard way that being an admin causes a -5 debuff to practical skills, will have to sleep in the cold tonight. Fresh off their first murder, Safety Biscuits completely passes out. Hopefully they're energized and rarin to get killin tomorrow! Two big alliances make moves to protect each other, and Pmush Perfect seems to be having trouble with an infection. Hopefully she doesn't try anything too strenuous by the next day.

It was bound to happen. We are witness to a D&D Mod getting into it with a C-SPAM IK, and in an absolutely embarassing moment, fool of sound:rip: is sent plummeting to their unceremonious death! Ouch, better luck next time.

A.s.P. is also unable to get any fire going, while OldSenileGuy shows us how its done. Shine is clearly missing home, his creatine shakes, his post workout, his local gym, running by the quad, you know what maybe he belongs here. And in a stunning move, the as of yet incredibly peaceful but stronk Dum Cumpster takes out movax:rip: in a totally cowardly manner! What the hell, dude!?

It must have rained earlier today since Grand Fromage is the third person we see completely unable to put fire together. Come on now, you've had plenty of time to learn! Jerusalem and Anidav use the night to relax, while SoundMonkey plays to his greatest strengths: Doing absolutely nothing and sleeping all of the time. Seriously, go back and check, I think this dude has slept every phase of the game. Squizzle:rip: suffers a massive operator error and blows up his own game! Rest in pieces, friend.

Day Five

Franchescanado still reeling, sets up a shack to rest for a little while longer. Rah! makes Grand Fromage:rip: go Ahh! with a surprise attack, sending him off a cliff as well!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme is showing that E/N Moderators can heal wounds both emotional and physical. I'm sure Relax or DIE! will feel indebted to their generosity. SoundmMonkey does something that isn't sleeping, but I'm not convinced he isn't just looking for logs to saw. Pmush Perfect's:rip: injuries and infection gets the better of her, as her game is brought to a crashing halt.

Anidav and Julias go hunting for food, while the now clearly bloodthirsty Safety Biscuits and Athanatos team up to brutalize graph:rip:!

A.s.P. teached GreyjoyBastard:rip: a very important lesson in maintaining cardio and steady breathing by making him stop doing so. A life lesson to the D&D moderator: Sticks and stones break bones. Not words.

muscles like this! and Jose continue to try to stay out of the way, a move that's worked well for them so far, while Dum Cumpster and Jerusalem work together to find someone else to take down. And what's this? We have two titans on a head to head course as Shine appears ready to make a move against OldSenileGuy! I can't wait to see if this plays out at all during the next update.

End of Day Five

fool of sound:rip:
movax :rip:
Squizzle:rip:
Grand Fromage:rip:
Pmush Perfect:rip:
graph:rip:
GreyjoyBastard:rip:

Day Five Stats

We see no changes for District 1: GBS or District 2: Games as both still have only one Tribute remaining, with neither gaining any eliminations this round.

District 3: D&D had a horrible day today, losing two key representatives during their pacifist run, and one of them was even eliminated by their C-SPAM rivals. Hopefully Anidav can make things right tomorrow. District 4: SAS doesn't improve or worsen their position. Maybe the steady game will pay off.

District 5: YOSPOS joins District 9 as the second District to have all of their Tributes successfully uninstalled. You guys had a good run, ending with four total eliminations. Maybe going outside more would have lent itself to more success, like District 6: YLLS is reveling in. They are unquestionably the District to beat now, with six combined kills and tied for the highest number of Tributes still in the Hunger Games.

I feel for you, DJ Fuckboy Supreme, since you seem to be doing most of the heavy lifting for District 7: E/N+DIY. But maybe this is deliberate; maybe SoundMonkey's inaction, is to teach you to do it yourself. :haw: District 8: TV/IV+CD surprisingly maintains as Franchescanado levels himself out after having a rough couple of days. Neither of the TV/IV mods added to their kill count, but neither of them died either.

Rah! had a big coming out party today, after feeling the pressure come on and earning two additional kills for District 10:C-SPAM. I would keep an eye out on this player, they seem to be shooting for the win after laying low for this long. If only they taught Squizzle how to properly arm a mine... Oh well.

District 11: ADTRW+TBB maintained their numbers, and Safety Biscuits got to dip their toe in a little more murder, after some gearin up and motivation from forums admin Athanatos of District 12: A/T+QCS. Athanatos had to deal with the loss of his ever drunken comrade Grand Fromage, but he took out a fairly evasive YOSPOS tribute to make up for it. Hey, numbers on the board are numbers on the board!

Shine continues to be the player to beat, with the standing record 4 kills. Athanatos isn't far behind with 3, and Rah! showed the strongest game-improvement thus far, picking up 2 kills in back to back segments. Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, and 12 all only have one sole player remaining. Districts 5 and 9 have both been completely wiped out, and Districts 6 and 8 seem to be able to keep their players healthy. I have a feeling that tomorrow when we hit Day 6, we're going to see another big chunk of the moderators meet their end in the Something Awful Hunger Games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Winning Mod/IK should be probated for a day.

Cause they're a winner.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Winning Mod/IK should be probated for a day.

Cause they're a winner.

it would be a way to get the title on their profile permanently!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wendigee posted:

everyone is disappointed in you. I hope you feel shame.

I would end it all by drinking hemlock but I have serious safety concerns for the people around me if I do that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

curious that the mods who sit around all day and the mods who exercise are currently doing the best

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Do, or do not, Jose. There is no try

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

gently caress you rah i was just sitting around playing SimShack 4 and you come and murder me

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Some people really should just relax

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
cmon j-ru

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Drink the loko J-Ru district 4 needs it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

purple death ray posted:

Some people really should just relax

or DIE

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I am also pulling for my IRL pal Shine because he is awesome.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
J-ru is going to walk alone (inside this pit of daaangeeerrrrrrrrr)

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
rip pmush

died as she lived. falling from trees.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

E:was almost a bad joke and I can't think of a better one. This space for lease

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
J-Ru is the man so if you wanna be the man you gotta beat the man

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Gonna say did not have Anidav as the last man standing of Team D&D on my bingo card.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is the simulator fully randomised or do characters become consistent in their actions as it goes on?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jose posted:

is the simulator fully randomised or do characters become consistent in their actions as it goes on?

The AI is weird about it. Often, we'll see one or two alliances stick together even if they're not from the same district. It appears that players from the same District rarely ever (but it does happen on rare occasions) kill their own. There is also a momentum aspect, where a player that racks up kills in a consistent manner will usually grow momentum before either being killed themselves, or them go on a mass multi-kill. The game script caps out kills per one player in a single instance at 7. It does appear that players who get wounded or infections are more likely to die by elements than outright murder, and we'll usually see passive players commit suicide over ones that actually score kills.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Jose posted:

Technically, fully randomized. No actual rhyme or reason despite apparent alliances/rivalries or someone clearly getting an edge or coming prepared. Only thing that actually matters is if somebody lives through a "normal" event, or if somebody dies in a "lethal" event. Simulator also counts kills weird sometimes, usually anybody involved in doing the killing gets credited with a kill. There's no inventory or poison or friendship system, it's more down to binary "who/how many died and by whom" and anything else is flavor text like finding weapons or getting injured from falling from a tree.

That still doesn't stop it from pulling startlingly accurate, hilarious, yet coherent mini arcs and personal storylines more often than not, as well as somebody going on a hot streak with 7 kills suddenly falling into a hole and dying in the top 4 tributes remaining. All from utter chaos.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Night Five

We see Jerusalem and Julias take it easy for the night, while the SAS mods show us that it's time to get PHYSICAL! They get their cardio in with some mutual, but non lethal rear end kickings. Anything to get ready for the next day!

Anidav continues to not really be able to accomplish anything, while OldSenileGuy has Relax or DIE cornered. In a sudden twist, he chooses to Relax!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

DO NOT gently caress WITH THE BOOK BARN. I REPEAT, DO NOT gently caress WITH THE BOOK BARN.

Additionally, Rah! keeps up momentum, taking down the last GBS mod standing. It was a good run Jose:rip:

Day Six: The Feast

The Cornucopia has been restocked. Letters from home, food, weapons! Is it opportunity? Or is it a trap? Soundmonkey and Anidav decide they're not feeling it, while Dum Cumpster:rip: and Jerusalem:rip: just off themselves?! What did they think was going to happen, they're not even in the final mix! Way to let down your district, J-ru.

OldSenileGuy knows better, while Julias decides to go and show A.s.P.:rip: her very own Grave of the Fireflies!

More intelligent players are starting to avoid the feast, while Shine wages emotional and mental warfare on the Tribute who just out of nowhere snatched his lead in the game! Clearly his pride has been affected here.

Safety Biscuits decides to have a good cry in a tree, while two unstoppable forces come head to head, with Relax or DIE learning a lesson from a prior example of mercy, and showing Rah!:rip: absolutely none.

Julias decides they're going to prepare for an attack on a killing titan, while Anidav actually shows that they're finally ready to play the game! They don't get the score, but hey, they at least made an attempt! OldSenileGuy appears to be going softer as the game comes along, he hasn't had a kill in several days, and even had prime opportunity to the prior night. Is he getting soft? Are the elements just getting to him?

End of Day Six

Jose:rip:
muscles like this!:rip:
Franchescanado:rip:
DJ Fuckboy Supreme:rip:
Athanatos:rip:
Jerusalem:rip:
Dum Cumpster:rip:
A.s.P.:rip:
Rah!:rip:

Day Six Stats

Jose, you put up a good effort, but today, your time has come to an end and District 1: GBS has been completely eliminated. Maybe sharing more Simpsons memes could have bought you more time. Maybe not. The world will never know. Relax or DIE is the sole remaining member of District 2: GAMES, and was able to add another notch to his belt.

District 3: D&D is putting all their chips in Anidav's corner today, and while he didn't rack any points up, he's finally starting to show an effort. Jerusalem clearly couldn't handle it anymore, and with his self inflicted death, District 4: SAS has been completely eradicated. Your district thanks you for your efforts.

District 6: YLLS had a rough go today, they didn't add anymore kills, there was infighting, and now Shine is the sole Tribute remaining. Soundmonkey of District 7: E/N+DIY is actually committing well to the pacifist role and pretending like nothing is going on.

District 8: TV/IV+CD is down to their final Tribute, and luckily it's one that has shown an ability to get the job done in previous days. Lately, they haven't looked that hot, but maybe they're just waiting to strike at just the right moment. Rah! added to his kill streak, but sadly momentum for District 10: C-SPAM came to a crashing halt at the hands of Relax or DIE! Ah well, it's C-SPAM, they're used to compromise and crushing defeat anyway.

District 11: ADTRW+TBB. District Eleven. I don't even know what to say. Great job guys. And with Safety Biscuits's M-M-M-MONSTER KILL, District 12: A/T+QCS has been completely eliminated.

Safety Biscuits has completely overtaken Shine as the current point leader, and with Julias also getting a kill, District 11 is now the District with the highest score at 7 kills and the most players remaining. They are also the only District with more than one player remaining. We saw four Districts go totally extinct today, with us at the half way point, only Six Districts still in contention. Anidav and SoundMonkey remain the only pacifists still alive. There are seven players left.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 29, 2020

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

drat it j-ru

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
gently caress

DAMMIT JOSE

Jose