Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A&W is a total middle of the road root beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah europeans use root beer taste for medicines, it's a shame

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Kvass is like RC Cola you can make at home and potentially get horribly drunk of

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

laserghost posted:

I've noticed on this photo bottles of A&W, which reminded me I bought a can of it some years ago out of curiosity, it costed twice as much as a can of coke/pepsi and tasted like tiger balm smell, and now I need to ask, is A&W a lovely root beer or does all of them taste like a balm for back pain

Also you guys need to taste kvass someday

A&W is amazing, easily the best root beer. You might have an aggressive brain tumor that's affecting the taste center of your brain.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Soda will tear us apart

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Kvass is like RC Cola you can make at home and potentially get horribly drunk of

Who What Now posted:

You might have an aggressive brain tumor that's affecting the taste center of your brain.

hell yeah to both

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Who What Now posted:

A&W is amazing, easily the best root beer. You might have an aggressive brain tumor that's affecting the taste center of your brain.

sorry that's Barq's

no but for real Sioux City has the best root beer and sarsaparilla

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

verbal enema posted:

sorry that's Barq's

no but for real Sioux City has the best root beer and sarsaparilla

some kinda old west poo poo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Barqs is what my granpa took out with us when we went fishing when I was a tiny beef and he had a can crusher in his garage :)

It's great for floats, imo but not a straight drinkin' root beer. Is it true that the UK/Euro countries use rootbeer as medical flavoring? If so that's unfortunate to get that tainted like that.
Here in Wisconsin, a lot of the local microbreweries, of which there are quite a few, have their own house brew root beers and you can get growlers of them. They're awesome.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

whomst among us does not enjoy a rooted beer?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm gonna buy some hard root beer

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The grocery store is sold out :(

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Roller cola.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Smythe posted:

some kinda old west poo poo

breeb if you haven't had Sioux City Saparailla then idk

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
why would anyone gently caress with rc cola when it already tastes like watery coke

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

verbal enema posted:

breeb if you haven't had Sioux City Saparailla then idk

I have never had a sarsaparilla (is that really the right spelling? Chrome says so, but poo poo that is two extraneous letters) but I know Sioux City is a good one for the same reason I know that sometimes you eat the b'ar and sometimes the b'ar eats you.

Also Barq's is the crack of root beers. If you drink a lot of it, which I did in grade 12 when I used to just steal it from the store I worked in, all other root beers will taste watered down and weird in comparison.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

You cannot find a better redpop than Faygo. It simply doesn't exist.

Fanta used to sell a red cream that was outstanding. I would argue that it’s better or equal to Faygo, but I haven’t seen a bottle in decades, so I can’t really back that statement up.

wankel13b
Jan 23, 2005

quak
Anyone old enough to remember what root beer tasted like before '76? It used to be flavored with sassafras but that's the year it was banned by the FDA.

The Holy Faygo Trinity is Cream Soda, Red Pop, and Rock 'n' Rye. I haven't tried their cotton candy or caramel apple flavors.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

blight rhino posted:

i once asked for a rum and coke overseas. I got a warm pepsi and rum. And i threw up, because Pepsi is trash, cold, and it's vomit, warm.

god forbid a country that has been around for thousands of years understands the concept of ice

tbh this sounds like you got quite badly owned

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

wankel13b posted:

Anyone old enough to remember what root beer tasted like before '76? It used to be flavored with sassafras but that's the year it was banned by the FDA.

The Holy Faygo Trinity is Cream Soda, Red Pop, and Rock 'n' Rye. I haven't tried their cotton candy or caramel apple flavors.

Cotton Candy Faygo tastes 100% just like cotton candy and one sip is enough for a lifetime that poo poo is SUPER sweet

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My favourite soft drinks:
- L&P
- Bundaberg Lemon Lime and Bitters
- Woolworths Soda Water

Coke is nice. I don't mind Pepsi Max. I don't know why the US has like fifty million cola variants though, y'all know there's other flavours right?

Also root beer is sarsaparilla, I think?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

syntaxfunction posted:

My favourite soft drinks:
- L&P
- Bundaberg Lemon Lime and Bitters
- Woolworths Soda Water

Coke is nice. I don't mind Pepsi Max. I don't know why the US has like fifty million cola variants though, y'all know there's other flavours right?

Also root beer is sarsaparilla, I think?

Get a load of this jabroni giving us guff about pop flavors when he doesn't even know the difference between sarsaparilla and root beer!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Get a load of this jabroni giving us guff about pop flavors when he doesn't even know the difference between sarsaparilla and root beer!

She :smugndar:

What I know is sarsaparilla is found in many countries, root beer only really in the US. No one else wants it. So the obvious conclusion is root beer is an inferior sarsaparilla.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

syntaxfunction posted:

She :smugndar:

What I know is sarsaparilla is found in many countries, root beer only really in the US. No one else wants it. So the obvious conclusion is root beer is an inferior sarsaparilla.

Nah it's the one thing america has right

Oh yeah MUG. anyone drink MUG? it has a cool dog on it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Mugs alright. Its the least carbonated and thus my least favorite but all rootbeer is good.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I remember drinking this sarsaparilla as a kid so it used to be available here in grocery stores, but I haven’t seen sarsaparilla in a mass market format in ages.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I remember drinking this sarsaparilla as a kid so it used to be available here in grocery stores, but I haven’t seen sarsaparilla in a mass market format in ages.

Wow that is legit poo poo right there drat i wish i had some of that

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

verbal enema posted:

Wow that is legit poo poo right there drat i wish i had some of that

The crazy thing is I remember that it was good, but I don’t actually remember what it tasted like.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

The crazy thing is I remember that it was good, but I don’t actually remember what it tasted like.

Sounds like sarsparilla to me tbh

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It tastes a lot like root beer.

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

I decided when I was very young that RC Cola was superior to Pepsi and Coca Cola and it was the start of a long life of being a contrairian that everyone either ignores or tells to shut up.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

shut up

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Barq’s is the only caffeinated root beer, Therefore superior

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

since this is general soda chat now I loved this stuff and I wish it was still made

https://www.bevnet.com/brands/skel/Brainwash?spirit=False

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Birchbeer is better than root beer. I really like Cherry Pepsi, even better than Cherry Coke.

Ginger beer is extremely underrated. It's like if Ginger Ale had teeth.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Polar makes an extra bold ginger ale that is a nice step in between ginger ale and ginger beer. Works great in cocktails too when you want a little extra ginger zip

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
as a texan I have to stan dr pepper

it's what godzilla chugs on to beat king kong

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

that's messed up that they would gently caress with your RC Cola, but honestly it's probably not very good for you to drink this stuff to begin with so maybe an angel is reminding you not to

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Pfft, like I'm going to survive long enough for it to matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

wankel13b posted:

Dang old school root beer used to have proto-MDMA in it.

edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safrole

quote:

Safrole is an organic compound with the formula CH2O2C6H3CH2CH=CH2. It is a colorless oily liquid, although impure samples can appear yellow. A member of the phenylpropanoid family of natural products, it is found in sassafras plants, among others.

quote:

Safrole is listed as a Table I precursor under the United Nations Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances.[40] Due to their role in the manufacture of MDMA, safrole, isosafrole, and piperonal are Category I precursors under regulation no. 273/2004 of the European Community.[41] In the United States, safrole is currently a List I chemical.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 15, 2021