Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Anywaaaay.

Came across this wabbajack mod list for enderal

https://www.wabbajack.org/#/modlists/info?machineURL=emw

Some good cosmetic and gameplay changes from the looks of it, would recommend if anyone was thinking of trying the SE version fresh.

This is a good modlist, but it hasn't really been updated since the whole Nexus drama where a bunch of modders pulled their content. The most recent update came out after the drama, but I believe most of the changes were just basically just removing the stuff that disappeared from Nexus to reenable the ability to download via Wabbajack and replacements haven't been added. I'm also still missing Engarde from the previous updates, which actually made me enjoy playing a melee character, but it was removed because the modlist creator didn't have time to playtest it for the rerelease.

The modlist is also currently undergoing a transition to a new team taking over and managing it because jdsmith is no longer going to do it. I believe the people who handle the Librum modlist are going to be the ones to take over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Oh that's a shame, haven't used the mod list myself but it looked decent, shame about Nexus drama modders.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Pajser posted:

is there a way to remove the spider jump scares? i do not want to go through that small shack on the island again

That shack was loving bullshit how did the spider even get in there?!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shyrka posted:

The quest ID is NQ_G_01 so in the console type 'getstage NQ_G_01' and it'll tell you what stage you're at. Once you have that try 'setstage NQ_G_01' followed by a number higher than the number it gave on the last command - it might not be one higher so just keep incrementing until you get something. You might need to do 'setstage NQ_G_01 to' and then the number, I'm not sure since I'm mostly going off other forum posts about messing with Skyrim quest stages and it's not something I've done myself.

Hope it helps though!
Thanks! I'll make sure to make a manual save before i start messing with it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So after subscribing to this thread to guilt myself into finally playing this, I managed to dedicate enough time for a playthrough.

The game was pretty good!

The last act of the game (let's say, everything after the black stones) is kind of a slog, though, even more so that most RPGs that go from "here's an open world for you to have fun in!" to "welcome to the final act rails: escalating tension, rising stakes, all is lost, dark night of the soul!" I think it was combination of the railroad-y delivery and the fact it was mostly bad things happening that I found grating. The writer really, really wanted us to stand around and pay attention to Tealor Exposition Hour and the Complaints About the Beacon Show. At one point, you listen to Tealor exposit at you, then the objective actually changes to "attend a speech Tealor gives" and then afterwards you need to go listen to him some more. And then in the end, talking to the, cough, final big guy, they even disabled being able to click through the dialogue, because god forbid you don't catch every single word of this pure story gold. At least they let you save before making the final decision, instead of disabling it like at the very end of the Rhulata storyline. And, like, sure, the actual story is pretty clever and the dialogue decently written, I just wish they didn't force-feed it like that. Those last few hours soured my final feelings on the game somewhat.

(Fairly early into the game I edited the .ini to allow me to keep running the game while it was out of focus and it made the long teleportation animations and the dialogue cutscenes somewhat bearable. I strongly recommend the same.)

On a different note, finally playing through this made some of the hot takes that got posted in the thread even more hilarious.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

There are some mods that replace spiders with bears, google "enderal spider replacer"

I was hoping for something that gave the bears eight legs and poison damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tektolnes
Jul 2, 2013

Megazver posted:

So after subscribing to this thread to guilt myself into finally playing this, I managed to dedicate enough time for a playthrough.

The game was pretty good!

Glad you liked it. The devs that made the game setup an office in Germany a couple years ago, so I guess they're working on something new. Hopefully more than a "mod".