Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

As far as I know you can only get this in WI. You'll see the Red Letter Media guys drinking it a lot.

ya that;s good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

It's this one

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I had a jalapeno ale from a local brewery recently, and it was a nice mix of light and flavorful. I don't drink spicy beer often, but I need more of them in my life. That being said, they call it a "cerveza", which feels very tacky to me, unless a cerveza is a specific style of beer that I'm not aware of, and not just the Spanish word for beer.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
An Astra Raddler mixed with Sprite. I really liked those in Hamburg.

Up until last week or so it was pretty much any cheep vodka or drink

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Blue Labrador posted:

I had a jalapeno ale from a local brewery recently, and it was a nice mix of light and flavorful. I don't drink spicy beer often, but I need more of them in my life. That being said, they call it a "cerveza", which feels very tacky to me, unless a cerveza is a specific style of beer that I'm not aware of, and not just the Spanish word for beer.

They are located in Nevada, which has a lot of Spanish spoken, and jalapenos are pretty readily associated with Mexican and tex-mex cuisine, so :shrug:

I don't think "Cerveza" is a recognized style and it says its an ale right on the bottle. Usually I associated "cerveza" with Mexican lagers.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Poohs Packin posted:

They are located in Nevada, which has a lot of Spanish spoken, and jalapenos are pretty readily associated with Mexican and tex-mex cuisine, so :shrug:

I don't think "Cerveza" is a recognized style and it says its an ale right on the bottle. Usually I associated "cerveza" with Mexican lagers.

Yeah, it's not a big deal or anything, it's still a good beer, and I see other things with similar "Mexican" flavors be called Cervezas in the stores, so it's not localized to this one.

For what it's worth, this is in the north part of Nevada, so there isn't a huge amount of Spanish influence here (unless Basque counts). It's way more like Truckee and Tahoe here than Vegas and Arizona, so it's inoffensive, but I think that's why I found it a little silly.

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
Free beer.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Can't beat a bud

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Heineken, yum, so good

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Atomic Pale Ale is my go-to. Used to be Gage Roads but they split it into its own company with other variants. The Pale Ale is the classic I go for.

I rarely, rarely drink these days, so if I do I want something nice.

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
Schlafly's Oatmeal Stout

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Storm brewing Flanders red ale.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Adding my vote to belgian beers. I never could understand why people liked drinking that bitter dog piss yellow trash.

Get a nice dubbel, or a kriek if you're feeling fruity.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

One of these is very much not like the others!

Mind you it could be worse, you could have posted Boddingtons

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

anything trappist imo, it's my favourite style by and far away. if i had to pick one (i can't tho), it's a 3-way tie between chimay blue cap, rochefort 8 and 10

i like belgian sours too (lambic/geuze) but imo souring a beer with brett and pedio and stuff makes it something slightly different than beer. to me, beer is a straight fermentation using sacch only

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Dell_Zincht posted:

One of these is very much not like the others!

Mind you it could be worse, you could have posted Boddingtons

Haha I knew someone would say that. I just really like Stones for some reason. I know its pretty poo poo as beer goes but it reminds me of being a kid and going to the pub with my Dad. Its also quite easy drinking if you get into it. A couple of weeks ago I ordered one of the minikegs from True North where they've brewed it to the original recipe and it was quite a pleasant beer to just go at over the weekend.

My mate from down south tried it out of interest and he said it tasted like old cigarettes and I can see where hes coming from.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Can't go wrong with altbier, Schlüssel and Uerige are great. Bitburger is probably my most drank beer by volume though.

Rochefort>Westy>Bernie>La Trappe

As mentioned, saison Dupont is great. Americans can't seem to crack that style for some reason. La Chouffe is great too. Fantome black is soo good but a little pricey for what it is.

For American beers, Prima Pils, the Plineys and Racer 5 are all delightful.

But the real answer is probably Cantillon 1900 Grand Cru.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

best lager is pilsner urquell

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Pilsner Urquell hasn't been as good since the capitalists rationalized its production. Just a pale imitation of its former self.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
My fave since I was about five: root.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Moose drool was on sale for seven bucks at the grocery store last night. I drat near cried

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
I don't like beer OP and I'm the kind of rear end in a top hat that's going to let you know about it

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Jaxts posted:

I don't like beer OP and I'm the kind of rear end in a top hat that's going to let you know about it

What is your TV ownership status, and do you use the phrase "sportsball" in conversation?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Chrs posted:

Haha I knew someone would say that. I just really like Stones for some reason. I know its pretty poo poo as beer goes but it reminds me of being a kid and going to the pub with my Dad. Its also quite easy drinking if you get into it. A couple of weeks ago I ordered one of the minikegs from True North where they've brewed it to the original recipe and it was quite a pleasant beer to just go at over the weekend.

My mate from down south tried it out of interest and he said it tasted like old cigarettes and I can see where hes coming from.

My dad used to drink Skol, so that was the first beer I ever tried, aged about 6.

It put me off the stuff until I pretty much came of age, so small mercies I guess.

I pretty much exclusively drink DIPAs, TIPAs and Imperial Stouts these days, the bigger the better IMO. Got the 2021 brew of Anagram Blueberry Cheesecake Stout by Omnipollo and Dugges waiting for the weekend :)

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
There are black limes??

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Coors Banquet

BITCH

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chinatown posted:

Coors Banquet

BITCH

:hmmyes:

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
the best beers are certainly not going to come from a can

:hehe:

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
Stag is the best cheap beer

Delirium Tremens is the best good beer

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bula Vinaka posted:

pilsner urquell comes in a can now tho :confused:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i love beer

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

its tasty and refreshing and dulls reality nicely yeah

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Anything Trappist is good, there used to be a guy who lived near Westvleteren Abbey and would buy it and sell/ship it world wide (he used to sell it on eBay when you could get away with it), but I think he's gone now, but if you can find a way to get Westvleteren you should do it.

Dark Lord and KBS are good but overrated IMO, I actually prefer New Holland Dragon's Milk which should be pretty easy to get. (KBS is now pretty easy to get but some say the quality has gone down; I don't know about Dark Lord, but the last time I checked it was near impossible for the average person to get.)

Pliny the Elder is also good but overrated, it's basically grapefruit flavored beer.

There is an Austrian beer that has virtually no hops and 14% alcohol called Samichlaus (which means Santa Claus, based on its annual release date) which I like a lot and I think everyone should give a try at least once.

The absolute worst beers in the world are the ones that are made with smoked peat malt (like the ones that come from Isle of Skye), these basically taste like beer which has had smoked sausage sitting in it for days. It's the only beer I ever poured down the drain because drinking it was unbearable.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Bula Vinaka posted:

You're supposed to pour beer into a glass the way it gets poured out of a tap, regardless of its original vessel. Cans keep the beer fresher since they filter out all ultraviolet light, and most beers need that airtight seal that a bottle can't provide.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pale Ales op.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
How did I miss this thread

I inherited this guy from my grandpa, too bad it's impossible to find Blatz around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
OP, the answer is Short's Local's Light. It's a lo cal light beer that tastes good.