Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

1. A,E
2. B
3. C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

1. C, E
2. B
3. B

Everything has a primary function for the excursion, secondary for combat: the handaxe's utility in camping is obvious, the staff can be used as a walking stick, the shortbow for hunting game, the armor to protect from dangers natural or villainous.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
[You buy a Handaxe, a Quarterstaff, a Shortbow, and Leather Armor]

After some time weighing your options, you decide it wisest to equip yourself as a traveler would. Your purchases are pragmatic for time on the road, while still providing you with some means to defend yourself. The leather gambeson is a handsome fit over your traveler’s attire, the fur padding providing noticeable insulation as well as protection. The quarterstaff’s weight is nicely balanced in your hand, the shaft made of sturdy, worked rowan wood, the same pale hue and smooth texture as your shortbow and the haft of your handaxe. These weapons quickly come to feel like extensions of your body, and you comfortably hold the quarterstaff in one hand with the handaxe in the other. In such a stance, you could, if needed, attack with both, or else throw the handaxe and quickly shift to wielding your staff with two hands.

You’ve never tried such a maneuver before in your life, save for the mock-fights you played as a youth. But these weapons are, at the least, intuitive in your hand. And while you have often relied on your inborn affinity for frost to defend yourself, you have had some occasions to fire a shortbow. Hunting small game in the rolling hills of Quietbell, or else shooting at haybales to pass the time.

If you and Lias wanted to, you could depart as-is, and you would be well-equipped to survive on the road. Though surviving the monsters is another matter entirely.

You have 117 gold left.

What do you shop for next?
A. Alchemical consumables.
B. Hirelings.
C. Transportation.
D. Nothing else, and save the rest of your funds.

Cephas fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 12, 2023

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
C. Let's see if there's any affordable options.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

C

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

C

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
How much for a swole fighter and a white bearded wizard? (A)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

C