Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Anderson Koopa posted:

I appreciate that. I like to periodically have a state "draft" with my wife where each of us pick states until none are left. The "winner" is the person with the better collection of states.

Well, it's more like as a Mainer, I have issues with EVERY other state. It's just a matter of degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it's pronounced C*ntetiquette

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Well, it's more like as a Mainer, I have issues with EVERY other state. It's just a matter of degree.

At least it ain't New Jersey

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

At least it ain't New Jersey

I've had quite a bit of experience with New Jersey and it's all been amazing and awesome and literally the whole time I am thinking "everyone says new jersey sucks so much".

An amazing seashore, these big leafy rich as heck suburbs that are like out of John Hughes movies, heck, even Newark!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

I've had quite a bit of experience with New Jersey and it's all been amazing and awesome and literally the whole time I am thinking "everyone says new jersey sucks so much".

An amazing seashore, these big leafy rich as heck suburbs that are like out of John Hughes movies, heck, even Newark!

It's not that bad, but as a philadelphian I have to play the part. Also it's free to enter, but you have to pay to leave

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

redshirt posted:

Ya, Maine is generally too good of a state in terms of being a resident. Just the constitutional access to rivers lakes and great ponds is fantastic compared to trying to find a place to fish in CT. Nevermind my lifetime Maine hunting and fishing license vs Connecticuts insane and ridiculous hunting and fishing licensing scheme

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I rate Connecticut as a fine state. We've got pizza. We've got grinders. What more do you loving want? Bobby Flays Burger Place yeah we got that too. Actually that's not Connecticut I suppose as it's in Mohegan Sun. I got my first two covid shots there and gently caress that place is depressing also the Krispy Kreme sucks and Bobby managed to give me a burger missing half the bun.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Ya, Maine is generally too good of a state in terms of being a resident. Just the constitutional access to rivers lakes and great ponds is fantastic compared to trying to find a place to fish in CT. Nevermind my lifetime Maine hunting and fishing license vs Connecticuts insane and ridiculous hunting and fishing licensing scheme

It makes sense though, no? Maine is far more rural.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

redshirt posted:

It makes sense though, no? Maine is far more rural.

It's the post colonial mindset that places natural resources as a public right, not the amount of resources available

Edit: CT doesn't require hunting licenses and stuff for "large landowners" and their lineal family and they're also exempt from most hunting regulations, another fun difference

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

500excf type r posted:

It's the post colonial mindset that places natural resources as a public right, not the amount of resources available

OK I had to just throw that out there before I mentioned Connecticut state law and regulations, which leads me back to my prior point about how Connecticut sucks.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

redshirt posted:

OK I had to just throw that out there before I mentioned Connecticut state law and regulations, which leads me back to my prior point about how Connecticut sucks.

Here's a different example of Maine superiority: in real rural Maine you can call your fire department and have them come clean your chimney because it's cheaper and safer than waiting for you to have a chimney fire

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Here's a different example of Maine superiority: in real rural Maine you can call your fire department and have them come clean your chimney because it's cheaper and safer than waiting for you to have a chimney fire

?? in real rural Maine there is no fire department.

There's some local volunteers, maybe, but not sure I'd want them in my chimney.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

redshirt posted:

?? in real rural Maine there is no fire department.

There's some local volunteers, maybe, but not sure I'd want them in my chimney.

Everywhere has a fire department

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like CT but I live in the good part.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I consider Middlesex County its own little kingdom, with the royal capital at Gillette Castle

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Duck and Cover posted:

I rate Connecticut as a fine state. We've got pizza. We've got grinders. What more do you loving want? Bobby Flays Burger Place yeah we got that too. Actually that's not Connecticut I suppose as it's in Mohegan Sun. I got my first two covid shots there and gently caress that place is depressing also the Krispy Kreme sucks and Bobby managed to give me a burger missing half the bun.

Lol BBP sucks so bad. It was alright when it first opened but at the end of the day it’s just a burg with potato chips on it for $20. When I eat at Mohegan it’s usually the Landsdowne or Sol Toro, which aren’t phenomenal either but I can sit at the bar.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Everywhere has a fire department

My brother, there are places in Maine that don't have names.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

free hubcaps posted:

I consider Middlesex County its own little kingdom, with the royal capital at Gillette Castle

Middlesex County also has Two Wrasslin' Cats!

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ixz3torDRUNCvEXV8

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

redshirt posted:

My brother, there are places in Maine that don't have names.

Bruh I'm from Milo, I am extremely familiar with poor rural Maine lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Anderson Koopa posted:

Middlesex County also has Two Wrasslin' Cats!

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ixz3torDRUNCvEXV8

It isn't the only place, but it may be the only place where they have a cafe

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Bruh I'm from Milo, I am extremely familiar with poor rural Maine lol

Why the gently caress didn't you just say that up front?? I thought you were from CT lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

redshirt posted:

Why the gently caress didn't you just say that up front?? I thought you were from CT lol

I am a prince of new England

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Hmmmmm.....

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

500excf type r posted:

I highly loving doubt you are Matt Damon or Ben Affleck

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I highly loving doubt you are Matt Damon or Ben Affleck

Mumpy have you forgot about Mahky Mahk??

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I actually apologize because I misremembered the line from cider House rules, turns out I'm a king of new england

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Mumpy have you forgot about Mahky Mahk??

Donny's little brother?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Maine's pretty alright. I like how there's one town you can only get to by going through Canada.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

500excf type r posted:

I actually apologize because I misremembered the line from cider House rules, turns out I'm a king of new england

Not. Yet.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Detective Thompson posted:

Maine's pretty alright. I like how there's one town you can only get to by going through Canada.

I think Milwaukee or Wisconsin has one too

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I once went to Maine. Saw puffins. Probably had lobster. That's my Maine story.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

I once went to Maine. Saw puffins. Probably had lobster. That's my Maine story.

It's where I-95 ends, which is neat IMO.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

free hubcaps posted:

As opposed to Middlesex County Massachusetts where you go to overdose on fentanyl.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Connecticut fine
New Jersey fine
Staten Island fine

Tristate area just filled with personalityless rich bitches desparate for approval so they all define their opinions by what other people don't like.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

They got the north bound side opened! I consider that impressive given that they did it in 3 days.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Anderson Koopa posted:

They got the north bound side opened! I consider that impressive given that they did it in 3 days.

Not just the northbound side, both sides are officially open! Goddamn, that was a surprisingly speedy turnaround.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Not just the northbound side, both sides are officially open! Goddamn, that was a surprisingly speedy turnaround.

Holy cow, that was quick. Thanks to competent government and people working hard!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Anderson Koopa posted:

Holy cow, that was quick. Thanks to competent government and people working hard!

HOW DARE MY TAXES GO TO THIS. I'm moving to Texas or maybe Florida.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Isnt a truck fire what collapsed the philly section of 95 a year or two back

they should work on this design flaw imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Isnt a truck fire what collapsed the philly section of 95 a year or two back

they should work on this design flaw imo

Ya ban cars and trucks and the infrastructure that encourages and supports them