Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lostconfused posted:

Eye Robot, first law ensure safety and well being of the princess.

This is the worst/best pun, and you suck/rock for making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
So this new count is supposed to be a new person in the love...uh....quadrangle we already have? Considering the lack of amnesia, I'm not sure how he is supposed to compete with Eyenaho, showing up minutes after the princess and Eyenaho had their moment. It'll probably be something dumb like "Oh, I'm your fiancee. Your father is totes onboard. For the people of vers".

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

If they attempt to shoehorn in an entire love plot between new guy and the princess in the like, 2 episodes they have left it'll be the dumbest thing ever

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which is why I fully expect it.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

This whole Eggatron thing is just plain stupid. How do you write this bullshit and say to yourself, "Yeah, and then his robot eye takes control of him! that sounds good."

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The only way this twist could have been salvaged would have been by making the A-Eye take over to kill Asseylum. It would still have been stupid but at least it would be stupid and melodramatic, rather than stupid and boring.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I'm half expecting Fleshy-Inaho to die and then they'll implant iNaho into Slain or Seylum or something

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah sure why not make the whole "part of each other" thing litteral. That seems dumb enough to be a plot point.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

Yeah sure why not make the whole "part of each other" thing litteral. That seems dumb enough to be a plot point.

That's really going to happen, isn't it? I can't un-think that now.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It'll be worth it if she gets his eye, but see falls in love with someone else and marries that person, with Robot Eye Inaho forced to watch.

Being Inaho Kaizuka , coming to a theater near you.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Raxivace posted:

It'll be worth it if she gets his eye, but see falls in love with someone else and marries that person, with Robot Eye Inaho forced to watch.

Being Inaho Kaizuka , coming to a theater near you.

She's enough of a totally unrealistic idealist to turn into a spinster living on a mountain somewhere rather than betray her love.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
They really, really need to stop pointing guns at Seylum. Unless this is all buildup for a finale where someone competent pulls the trigger.

Also speaking of competence, I'm surprised by Inaho's aiming. It might not be easy to aim at someone moving fast even if they're close to you, but I expected Inaho to be able to do it. I was at least surprised that the wrote themselves into a situation where they even have to have Inaho suck at shooting to get out of it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Desuwa posted:

They really, really need to stop pointing guns at Seylum.

I hope the show is completely self-aware about this and by the last episode at least 10 guns get pointed at her.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Desuwa posted:

Also speaking of competence, I'm surprised by Inaho's aiming. It might not be easy to aim at someone moving fast even if they're close to you, but I expected Inaho to be able to do it. I was at least surprised that the wrote themselves into a situation where they even have to have Inaho suck at shooting to get out of it.

Maybe he's not used to having to shoot with one eye closed (out of commission), and it's messing with his accuracy in that scene.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

darkgray posted:

Maybe he's not used to having to shoot with one eye closed (out of commission), and it's messing with his accuracy in that scene.

He's clearly in a hugely debilitating amount of pain in that scene, to the point where once he breaks free and finds Seylum he passes out.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everyone if they're having gunfights in low gravity how do they aim? :v:

I imagine it's a challenge to shoot a moving target but surely it would require superhero skills to target someone who can fly even if Inaho has robo eye as backup.

It's sad who I completely forgot who that guy's father was from S1. Too many Vers people around w/the same uniform. Also, I want a backup program that way when I go to sleep I could do repetitive tasks like cleaning and/or exercise making full use of 24 hrs.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Everyone if they're having gunfights in low gravity how do they aim? :v:

I imagine it's a challenge to shoot a moving target but surely it would require superhero skills to target someone who can fly even if Inaho has robo eye as backup.

It's sad who I completely forgot who that guy's father was from S1. Too many Vers people around w/the same uniform. Also, I want a backup program that way when I go to sleep I could do repetitive tasks like cleaning and/or exercise making full use of 24 hrs.

Blonde guy's father was the one who tortured Slaine at the end of season 1, finally figured out that other knights want to take over and then got unceremoniously smashed by Saazbaum before he could do anything.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Marry all the boys!!

-_-

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Seylum will marry everyone and bring about world peace.

She was pretty badass this episode, that last scene was pretty great.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

NotALizardman posted:

Seylum will marry everyone and bring about world peace.

She was pretty badass this episode, that last scene was pretty great.

She'll marry everyone and Inaho will make an all-egg breakfast.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

hahaha holy poo poo the ED :downs:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

dotJPG posted:

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Slaine working on his paintings in his off time.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Slaine working on his paintings in his off time.

The content implies Eddelrittuo was the artist, though. "Why can't Hime-sama's harem just get along with each other?" :qq:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Slaine has no idea what he's even doing anymore.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think anyone does, especially the writers.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Kanos posted:

Slaine has no idea what he's even doing anymore.

For a second I thought he was genuinely coming around, but then he was like, "Nope, gently caress 'em." I really don't understand his motivations at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

His motivations are 'whatever gets us an ending in one episode'.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

For a second I thought he was genuinely coming around, but then he was like, "Nope, gently caress 'em." I really don't understand his motivations at all.

A potent cocktail of misguided idealism, jealous rage, and addiction to power. He's going to show Asseylum that he can create a better world for her whether she wants it or not, and then she'll stop mooning over that robotic jerk Inaho, drat it. Oh, and isn't it awesome how he went from a beaten slave to the de facto ruler of a superpowered interplanetary empire? That's awesome, right? Hold up the mirror, Harklight. I want to see how this jacket matches my eyes.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Sorry it's not very funny I'm not very smart

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

dotJPG posted:

Well, maybe not that one in particular, but i'm glad that Takako got to bust out her watercolors for the rest.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was the best bit of the episode.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
To boil it down even further, Slaine's running off two separate and totally incompatible drives. He's fanatically devoted to Asseylum, and he's addicted to respect and power after being denied them for pretty much his entire life. This whole season has been about him trying and failing to resolve this conflict, and now he's getting (even more) desperate as it all crumbles around him. It's actually pretty straightforward.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

slaine plz

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

aldnoha is suffering

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

You beautiful son of a bitch show.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
"The final battle is finally here."

What? Uh okay I guess.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

look they've only got 24 episodes

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Razzled posted:

Sorry it's not very funny I'm not very smart

You forgot "Shoot ally in the back"
and "Shoot ally in the front"

.Clash posted:

"The final battle is finally here."

What? Uh okay I guess.

Uh yeah, final battle sure show. Because it totally isn't war to the knife in a desperate bid for survival and revenge for everyone involved in the actual fighting.

Anyone else feel like the Martians are kinda totally going to get away with mass genocide on an unprecedented scale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I found the senile old Emperor scene fairly effective.

• Locked thread