Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Squizzle posted:

DS9 had some complex romance. Keiko loved Miles, Miles loved Julian, Julian loved Garak, Garak loved Cardassia, Cardassia loved the iron boot of authority, and the iron boot of authority physically incarnated as Keiko.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Big Mean Jerk posted:

remember when Scotty

Check this poo poo out, I found out today Scotty starred in another space ship show in the 70s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3RWcvT8rcA&t=493s

You can see it in his eyes that he knew he was on a 3rd rate show.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I think the two actors had no chemistry. Even if they tried to act loving they just came across as hella awkward, like they just recently started dating but are noticing that it won't really go anywhere.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

happyhippy posted:

gently caress you, we Irish can take you fucks all on, don't matter if you are a Warrior Race or loving Ocampa, we'll punch the poo poo out of you.

Edit: Especially Ocampa, smug gits.

I'm not doubting that Irish people will punch literally anything, just that O'Brien would be considered Rambo.

Like I'm sure he would give Lwaxanna Troi some of that sweet chin music if she piped up at some kind of stupid space banquet, but taking out dozens of soldiers as a covert operative? His beer gut would leave huge snail trails all over the place while he was trying to crawl around all covert like.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Wasn't he also the only guy in starfleet who'd been in an actual war before the dominion started poo poo? You know he had a necklace made of cardie neckbones in a drawer somewhere.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Volcott posted:

Wasn't he also the only guy in starfleet who'd been in an actual war before the dominion started poo poo? You know he had a necklace made of cardie neckbones in a drawer somewhere.

Among Obrien's numerous other demons.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Every once in a while someone says something innocent like "ice cream" or "Friday" but the music turns ominous and the lighting dims and the camera zooms in on Miles and O'Brien stares forward blankly with war sounds and screaming faintly in the background

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

oldpainless posted:

Every once in a while someone says something innocent like "ice cream" or "Friday" but the music turns ominous and the lighting dims and the camera zooms in on Miles and O'Brien stares forward blankly with war sounds and screaming faintly in the background

:laffo:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ice Cream could also be a flashback to his 20 fake years with eechar (sp?)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Police Automaton posted:

I think the two actors had no chemistry. Even if they tried to act loving they just came across as hella awkward, like they just recently started dating but are noticing that it won't really go anywhere.

Apparently they were very good friends and she went to his wedding even.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cthulu Carl posted:

Syfy had First Contact on this morning and even though I'm a loving zombie at 7AM, I still noticed for the first time that the dude at the helm of the Defiant when Worf is all ramming speed is Adam Scott. That's my star trek through Star Trek for today.
Jerry got a role too

naem
May 29, 2011

Obrian is a typical blue collar exmilitary guy turned contractor, he's the shop Forman and the local union rep, and he's running a protection racket on the side where snitches have a "transporter malfunction" and all evidence vanishes

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Worf always knows how to take out the trash

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rare Collectable posted:

Worf always knows how to take out the trash

He did that in shame. As Weyoun watched his spiked dick tear Ezri apart.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Jerry got a role too

Good to know his role in Star Trek is likely identical to his role on Parks & Rec.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

shadow puppet of a posted:

Its played out until you re-watch any keiko-isodes and see how it is loving Keiko's obstinacy in teaching hard sciences to some gradschool Bajorans that dont yet undesrtand the concept of "plentiful food", that is the springboard allows Kai Wynn to seize power.

Typical bourgie leftist

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 6, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Sphinxster posted:

I am not tng savvy enough to cite instances but it was frustrating that he had this encyclopedic knowledge and they would still have these "lol, androids right?" moments of incompetence. It just doesn't make sense.

i like to think that Data is doing this on purpose, so that he doesn't intimidate everyone with how much better he is than them. same reason he only moves at The Flash speeds when its an emergency, even though he could likely just do all of his work that fast

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I like the one where Janeway and Chakotay bang :gooncamp:

i liked how she spent so long on that planet trying to find a way off it and right as shes finally coming to accept the idea like hey its not bad i got a whole planet to explore and a sweet rear end monkey and a cool dude who rubs my neck and builds me bathtubs her badge tweeps and its tuvok like sup capn were back you can take up all your super stressful responsibilities for this godforsaken voyage again and janeways face is :chloe: :cripes: :negative:

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I'm not doubting that Irish people will punch literally anything, just that O'Brien would be considered Rambo.

Like I'm sure he would give Lwaxanna Troi some of that sweet chin music if she piped up at some kind of stupid space banquet, but taking out dozens of soldiers as a covert operative? His beer gut would leave huge snail trails all over the place while he was trying to crawl around all covert like.
didn't you ever watch tony sopranos fat rear end smash some faces? same poo poo. he's got son of an immigrant working class dad strength. also obrien infiltrated the space mob that one episode so

also

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

DOMDOM posted:

didn't you ever watch tony sopranos fat rear end smash some faces?

:rip: Penne alla arrabiata.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
How much would it suck to have Keiko as your teacher? Poor children.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Did we ever meet O'Brien's two brothers?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Miles action figure complete with cello

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
My favorite Keiko moment is giving the kid raised by Bajorans who hated everything Cardassian Cardassian food because the kid was Cardassian by blood. This is immediately after chastising Obrien for his Space Racism

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

how is it that star trek merch is so bad at all times when star wars gets lego and poo poo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

chaosbreather posted:

how is it that star trek merch is so bad at all times when star wars gets lego and poo poo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The official marshmallow of the starship USS ENTERPRISE

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Do you put the putty on your head to pretend to be Lt. Ilia?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Blistex posted:

That's no way to treat the remains of a transporter accident

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Blistex posted:

The only limit is your imagination

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Lord of Pie posted:

That's no way to treat the remains of a transporter accident

I think burning one of the marshmallows would be more realistic.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The only limit is your imagination

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Blistex posted:

You too can get drunk in the woods like Dr. McCoy!

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You too can get drunk in the woods like Dr. McCoy!

*disco medallion not included

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Great, now I want a Chief O'Brien knock-off pog.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Blistex posted:

holy poo poo I want this

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

hey i was just reminded of this bad netflix caption

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Someone please make an AV of a crop of Garak's smiling face from this entire scene and strong arm an admin into letting me use a 400kb AV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mEg0Yyo8xM

Thanks.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Gutcruncher posted:

My favorite Keiko moment is giving the kid raised by Bajorans who hated everything Cardassian Cardassian food because the kid was Cardassian by blood. This is immediately after chastising Obrien for his Space Racism

One of my favorite in-jokes in DS9 is how awful everybody regards Cardassian food, even Cardassians. Every time the crew offers authentic Cardie food to a visiting emissary, the reaction is "Gee, thanks... you really shouldn't have." :smith:, it's hilarious.

Though not surprising, I'm sure that stuff is like Victory Rations from 1984. Just hold your nose, drown it in Yamok sauce, and think of the State...

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
i really miss the ITT You're Chief Miles O'Brien thread

should've been goldmined quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

pepito sanchez posted:

i really miss the ITT You're Chief Miles O'Brien thread

should've been goldmined quick.

Google brings up some remnants, including my favorite

pththya-lyi posted:

O'Brien's Log
Stardate: Pffffffff

It's been about three weeks since Q put me in this alternate dimension. Except now he's calling himself "Discord" and he looks like the result of a transporter accident at a zoo. Everyone else here is a pastel-coloured talking horse, including - Jesus, Mary, and Joseph - myself. Yes, Q decided I needed to experience the "magic of friendship" and he turned me into one of them. Now I'm a yellow-coated, four-legged freak with a tattoo of a happy face on the side of each of my arse cheeks. I try to convince him - beg him - to change me back, but he refuses. I tell him "I can't take all this drat childishness!" But he just smiles at me with that hideous shite-eating grin of his. "Why Smiley," he says - everyone here insists on calling me that - "surely you've noticed how edgy and sophisticated things are here." But they're not.