Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i'd have gone with :what: but you've won me over to same camp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FrozenVent posted:

that post is basically Facebook's Brazil.txt stop quoting it

What the hell is brazil.txt?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

very carefully

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

President Beep posted:

im sure letting the users decide which news sources are trustworthy and which aren’t will remedy this.

who else is gonna decide?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

exploded mummy posted:

turn back

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

exploded mummy posted:

only one way to find out

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Captain Foo posted:

only one way to find out

i googled it and all i got was the song they use in the movie

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

it was a bitcoin thing

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

i don't know why that would make the russians think the satellite was drifting. there would be any number of static landmarks they could look at to make sure everything was in order. for instance, they could use the corona satellite calibration targets spread all over the southwestern usa for exactly that purpose.

also the first spy satellites didn't transmit the pictures, they took film cameras and then ejected the film in a little pod for retrieval, so there would be no way for them to compare between orbits until after the mission was over

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

exploded mummy posted:

its a first person account of the impact bitcoin has had on the brazilian sex trade

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

it's why your sister towel smell like something illegal happened

Midjack fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 13, 2018

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

pretty sure the reason everyone's dancing around it is because you get banned for posting it friend, might wanna edit that out

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ate all the Oreos posted:

pretty sure the reason everyone's dancing around it is because you get banned for posting it friend, might wanna edit that out

i thought just the full text was bannable but whatever. it's not hard to find if you're curious.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's a trap you loving rube

anyway, uber decides to help enforce rest breaks by forcing a six-hour timeout after 12 consecutive active hours in app.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
well now that ol' zucky has grown a conscience, do you think faecesbook will stop having fake notifications?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

at which point they all switch over to lyft for a 12 hour shift

there's hundreds of people who drive in from the central valley to drive uber/lyft in sf on the weekends and they stay up all night and catch a few hours of sleep saturday morning before pulling another all nighter, it's super safe and normal

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

qirex posted:

at which point they all switch over to lyft for a 12 hour shift

there's hundreds of people who drive in from the central valley to drive uber/lyft in sf on the weekends and they stay up all night and catch a few hours of sleep saturday morning before pulling another all nighter, it's super safe and normal

All the respect for sleep of the long-haul truck driving industry, but for city streets!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
oh, I’ve got an uber pickup somewhere in the night
ive got an uber pickup, ain’t she a beautiful sight?
pickuuuuuppp

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Wheany posted:

well now that ol' zucky has grown a conscience, do you think faecesbook will stop having fake notifications?

bhahbhahahaha

you hjaven't clicked no on this yet today, do you want our notifications poo poo now

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Wheany posted:

lol no the last few chapters of that wired article are puff as all hell

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i signed up to pinterest to access one fuckin' image that i wanted to see and then never went back, and they've emailed me every single day telling me about exciting new pins based on the pins I like (?) even though I've unsubscribed every single time they email me. my favorite one though is that they keep finding me "pin twins!" who are other users that have pinned a bunch of the same things as me (?) who therefore are good indicators of what I like (?) so it thinks i'm really into andy warhol (???)

the one picture i looked at (didn't pin or anything, literally just looked at and then left forever) was an advertisement from 1910 for some dumb quackery medical device, and nothing they've emailed me so far has had anything to do with any of that

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Facebook is suggesting mobile users 'Protect' themselves...by downloading a Facebook-owned app that tracks their mobile usage

whoops!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

i signed up to pinterest to access one fuckin' image that i wanted to see and then never went back, and they've emailed me every single day telling me about exciting new pins based on the pins I like (?) even though I've unsubscribed every single time they email me. my favorite one though is that they keep finding me "pin twins!" who are other users that have pinned a bunch of the same things as me (?) who therefore are good indicators of what I like (?) so it thinks i'm really into andy warhol (???)

the one picture i looked at (didn't pin or anything, literally just looked at and then left forever) was an advertisement from 1910 for some dumb quackery medical device, and nothing they've emailed me so far has had anything to do with any of that

pinterest: ruining google image search since 2010

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Wheany posted:

pinterest: ruining google image search since 2010

qft

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

All the respect for sleep of the long-haul truck driving industry, but for city streets!

I’ve got some bad news about the taxi industry then

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

hobbesmaster posted:

I’ve got some bad news about the taxi industry then

But without commercial insurance!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

youre supposed to report those emails as spam to help out the rest of us

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Schadenboner posted:

But without commercial insurance!

wish i had insurance against your posts.

woof.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

wish i had insurance against your posts.

woof.

:drat:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/963284621914865664

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
facebook bad

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i remember back when you needed a .edu email to even sign up. now it’s zuck’s digital panopticon where my aunt cheryl shares minions memes.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
minion meme march

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

duz posted:

youre supposed to report those emails as spam to help out the rest of us

report them to who? this isn't like a gmail account or something it's my own mail server

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

minion meme march

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

report them to who? this isn't like a gmail account or something it's my own mail server

so why aren't you just dropping all traffic from pinterest then

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fishmech posted:

so why aren't you just dropping all traffic from pinterest then

mostly :effort:, but i am enjoying watching pinterest's algorithms short circuit when trying to figure out what i like

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

mostly :effort:, but i am enjoying watching pinterest's algorithms short circuit when trying to figure out what i like

Do you tent your fingers, shout "DANCE PUPPETS, DANCE!", and cackle evilly while reading the emails from Pintrest?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

weekly reminder that the first step to getting off facebook is by deleting the app off of your phone

do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pinterest is seriously the worst thing to happen to image search