Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I wish I could get a chance to troll KennyMan666 a bit, but I can't find room in my budget. :smith:

Will someone do it in my stead? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wait, is NFS:Most Wanted over-estimate by almost 10 minutes?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I gotta say three hours of a driving game is also a bold "ESA only" kind of run but like I mean that in less of a good way this time

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

D. Ebdrup posted:

I wish I could get a chance to troll KennyMan666 a bit, but I can't find room in my budget. :smith:

Will someone do it in my stead? :ohdear:
Don't worry because Quick & Crash has trolled me enough already.

OKAY I NEED TO BE AT THE DONATION STATION IN TEN MINUTES (15 minutes before I go on) SEE YOU LATER

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I gotta say three hours of a driving game is also a bold "ESA only" kind of run but like I mean that in less of a good way this time

see i thought that kind of stuff is what the second stream is for, but it's on the main one?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Tathris posted:

see i thought that kind of stuff is what the second stream is for, but it's on the main one?

Yeah, this might be ironic coming from the guy who absolutely loves long-rear end RPG runs like FFVI and FFVII on GDQ's but a 4-hour driving game that's already 20 minutes over estimate is kinda overstaying its welcome.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

D. Ebdrup posted:

Wait, is NFS:Most Wanted over-estimate by almost 10 minutes?

I think it crashed.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TeaJay posted:

Yeah, this might be ironic coming from the guy who absolutely loves long-rear end RPG runs like FFVI and FFVII on GDQ's but a 4-hour driving game that's already 20 minutes over estimate is kinda overstaying its welcome.
I think the organizers or whoever makes the decisions around which games get picked, both for ESA and GDQ need to better about weighing time vs popularity vs expected donation level (they have a lot of statistics for this, if they were to go through and analyze things), to avoid getting into the kinda scenario where some game that a lot of people want gets stuffed into the schedule in what is a quiet-hours local-time but prime-time somewhere else in the world.
I often think that there'd be more donations if there was a bigger variation during the quiet-hours, rather than just one long RPG during which the viewer count just steadily drops.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

goatface posted:

I think it crashed.
From what they said, with it being ahead before the run started, and 20 minutes behind, it sounds like the crash took 30 minutes or something?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wait, the games devs are running and commentating? That's awesome!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kikas posted:

Fun fact, the runner, Viktor, is the brother of no other than Simon Viklund, the guy who did the soundtrack for the game, but he's more knows for his bangin tunes made for the Payday series. I think Simon might be there for commentary as well.

Well, you were right, Simon (creative director and sound designer? did I get it right) is on commentary. That's great!

lol @ Viktor being on quality assurance for this game and now running it and exploiting his own mistakes

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

TeaJay posted:

Well, you were right, Simon (creative director and sound designer? did I get it right) is on commentary. That's great!

lol @ Viktor being on quality assurance for this game and now running it and exploiting his own mistakes

This owns so much

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, oh, it's Rearmed 2 that has the hype mode

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The game audio is a bit loud compared to commentary

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

lol @ steam chat

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

how is there not a giant sign on the wall in front of the runners saying "REMEMBER TO TURN OFF STEAM NOTIFICATIONS" at all of these events?

run's good tho

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Woo PB!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Boy, that estimate was pretty generous?

Good run and a PB.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

PB by 9 seconds by a dev with dev on commentary, this run is definitely a recommendation!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
PB by 9 seconds. But over 20, and I think it's uh, 34 seconds off WR, cause PJ is a complete monster at Bionic Commando.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Seems I came back by the tail end of another early janky 3D platformer with a Persian theme. Has it delivered yet?

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

This story of the patch to unlock the 8th room is amazing

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Electrophotonic posted:

Seems I came back by the tail end of another early janky 3D platformer with a Persian theme. Has it delivered yet?

I think we're gearing up for the NES block at stream 1, just watched Bionic Commando: Rearmed and now there's an incentive thing going on.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh this is actually amazing, a never seen before challenge room for a 10 year old game that was added LAST YEAR cause the runner asked nicely.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Oh my god he's taunting him :D

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

WELL DONE, SOLDIER!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

WR?

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
I PREDICT

I appreciate the effort they put into the :pcgaming: skyboxes over on stream 2, seeing as they take up ~85% of the screen

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sayvi from Germany, English_Ben shockingly from English, and Plant from Sweden

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

People huddling around the tech station, always a good sign

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TeaJay posted:

People huddling around the tech station, always a good sign

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This game actually lets you go fast instead of Sonic 1 where you have to keep stopping to do stupid platforming and if you happened to be stuck with the PAL version when you were a kid, with 50hz SLOW rear end SONIC as well.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

[thick euro accent] WHY?? My timing is so bad today [/thick euro accent]

Kungmitsu
May 3, 2013

:rip:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, Oldclov is one whole zone ahead of linkboss.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
I PREDICT

:kazooieass:strats

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I wish they'd boosted Oldclov's mic at some point, he was really silent the whole time. I think they have _someone_ monitoring the audio at least?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The plants have turned Ukranian now

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I blinked and I missed it, but apparently that was Rot Gut!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ramos posted:

Hi, I'm back proper.

Welcome back, Ramos!

I'm awake, did anything happen last night? The second stream woke me up when it went online but I haven't been watching it, I just muted it and went back to sleep.

• Locked thread