Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote ypm

tho ive gotta say, and this is completely genuine, bravo on making it this far (possibly winning) as a confirmed rolecop for most of the game. like, thats a feat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote ypm

tho ive gotta say, and this is completely genuine, bravo on making it this far (possibly winning) as a confirmed rolecop for most of the game. like, thats a feat

Steak, nothing can corroborate any of your actions right? I’m looking back and it doesn’t seem like there is.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

Which part is bumbled?

I mean the whole gotcha thing. I honestly have no clue what Steak is doing right now.

Mr. Steak posted:

my play this game was extremely contrary to my meta, regardless of alignment. thats because i lurked incredibly hard and didnt pay a lot of attention to the posts i did manage to read. i feel bad about that, but if you think me being scum would *ever* be the reason for that, you're delusional. yes, maybe i'm scum and also coincidentally checked out. but to claim one would be the cause of the other is a blatant (and in your case, intentional) misrepresentation of me as a player

My case against you is that you didn’t go after any scum and slinked into the background, Saying “but usually I don’t do that” isn’t a great defense

Hal, I just want this to be over man, I’m so burnt out. I’m convinced you are town and am convinced Steak is scum. Steak has been objectively scummy and if it wasn’t for his watcher claim, this would be a no brainer

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

Steak, nothing can corroborate any of your actions right? I’m looking back and it doesn’t seem like there is.

I believe him when he says that he watched cheese n4 because he hinted he saw me before I claimed. Might’ve been a lucky guess but I’ve been going forward with that assumption

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Incandenza posted:

i mean, there's me strongly implying i saw ypm visit cheese on whatever night. though i suppose it could have been a lucky gambit since ypm had already breadcrumbed it (tho this was before he came out and claimed rolecop).

there's also the fact that i claimed my results every single day starting from day 2, which is extremely risky if its fake. if ANY town member visited my claimed target and i didnt say they did, i'd be screwed

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Mr. Steak (1): Your Personal Muse
Your Personal Muse (1): Mr. Steak

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 05th, 2020 at 3 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

It isn't over yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alright I almost voted YPM but I just talked myself out of it. So he was probably the right choice.

But here is what I could not reconcile.

N4 there are two scum left, Toal the roleblocker and either steak the watcher or YPM the rolecop.

Scum sent Toal to do the kill (confirmed by steak saying he saw YPM). I can't see scum thinking YPM rolecopping cheese who pretty much was outed already was more important than roleblocking someone. But I could see them thinking that watching cheese and catching another town power might be worth sacrificing the roleblock.

Otherwise both of them have fairly shoddy vote records and the same meh level of scumhunting. YPM's role is scummier on the surface but town rolecop is not that crazy in a game where there was no regular cop either.

##vote steak

Sorry town if I screwed this up. Again.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Mr. Steak (2): Your Personal Muse, Hal Incandenza
Your Personal Muse (1): Mr. Steak

Not Voting (0):

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 05th, 2020 at 3 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

It isn't over yet.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Three Undead stood around the bonfire. Well, more accurately, two Undead and a cat. One among them was a killer. But who?

There was much that was strange about Sweet Shalquoir, but she was a cat, after all. None of the dead had been savaged by claws or fangs, and the thought that she might somehow shift into the shape of a human was absurd. She was quickly deemed as beneath suspicion.

Thus, it came down to the third and final onion knight against the strange foreigner, snatched away from a time long after any of them had lived. They, obviously, both accused each other of being the last murderer. Absently grooming herself, Shalquoir cast the fatal deciding vote. She had never been fond of onions.

Marvelous Chester had killed Siegmeyer's countryman and his precious daughter, and in one last indignity, pinned the crime on him. He tried to fight back, but the bastard was a far more seasoned fighter, and there was no one around to help him.

"Heavens, me... My dear little Lin..."

Siegmeyer sighed as he was thrust into the flames. If the fire hadn't swiftly killed him, he would have gone Hollow on the spot.

Mr. Steak - Siegmeyer of Catarina, Town-Aligned Watcher, was executed on Day 7.

Fed by countless souls, the bonfire began to burn a bright blue. Finally, it would undo the strange magic that had caused the slaughter. Finally, the four survivors could return home. At least, that was what Shalquoir had been hoping, before Chester burst into sinister laughter, drawing his crossbow.

"Oh, for juniper's sake, put some spring into your step!"

Shalquoir ran away from the bolts for as long as she could, but Chester caught her in the end. She was just a cat, after all.

Hal Incandenza - Sweet Shalquoir, Town-Aligned Compulsive Visitor, was slain.

Chester was in a deliriously cheerful mood. He had been frustrated beyond belief when he had first been snatched away to Majula (hadn't his little trip to Oolacile been enough time-related adventure for one lifetime?) but he had managed to turn it into a wonderful bit of sporting fun. It was a shame about his partners, but there was a certain appeal to being the last man standing. Well, the last man standing when he was done collecting two final souvenir souls.

The Herald and Firekeeper didn't fight back.

Chester knelt by the bonfire and returned home, whistling a jaunty tune to himself. The dead bodies scattered throughout the town would lie there, forgotten, for the rest of time.

Your Personal Muse - Marvelous Chester, Scum-Aligned Rolecop (Inherited 1x BP) has survived, victorious.

Thank you for playing, everyone! I hope you enjoyed yourself despite the hiccups from this being my first setup, I certainly had a good time running it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hal..., why...

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hal gently caress you all cops are bad you should’ve voted for me on that basis alone coward

Mafia sucks and is the worst game I didn’t deserve the win

Thanks for running it!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yep that's about what I figured!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yep that's about what I figured!

When in doubt you’re supposed to follow your gut hal! Not doubt it!!

You were supposed to bring victory to the town, not destroy it!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

hal..., why...

Like, I had the post written up voting YPM and was hovering over post and I was like, well let me look over these night actions one last time...

Scum pro-play is taking me to endgame for sure

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Your post should’ve just been ACAB vote YPM imo

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
:toot: gg i guess?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I'm so mad I cased YPM all game, inherited Tracker, tracked Toal TO MYSELF AS THEY KILLED ME... and then you fuckers never lunched YPM.

:negative:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

I'm so mad I cased YPM all game, inherited Tracker, tracked Toal TO MYSELF AS THEY KILLED ME... and then you fuckers never lunched YPM.

its all on me buddy, you were right

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

xopods posted:

Seriously, it’s mostly because I lurked at the end (not intentionally mind you). I think this community has a habit of not going after lurkers hard enough. I think you could’ve done it if I had posted more content to case me on.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

its all on me buddy, you were right

Continuing my pattern of being hit-or-miss with my reads but only able to successfully convince people with my incorrect cases while my correct ones just get a *shrug* no matter how much effort I put into them.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Your Personal Muse posted:

Seriously, it’s mostly because I lurked at the end (not intentionally mind you). I think this community has a habit of not going after lurkers hard enough. I think you could’ve done it if I had posted more content to case me on.

I think there was enough there if people had listened... but I did shoot myself in the foot a bit by agreeing too quickly with your read on Ilmucche without really paying attention to the substance of your case in the post before. I didn't realize at the time that people would take that to mean I was agreeing with you on why he was Scum, which I wasn't. It ended up making me look a little bad and you look better, and also made the whole thing look a bit more like a Town-on-Town slapfight born of a misunderstanding... the rest of my case on you got lost in that a bit.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i do take some blame for playing poorly. but also i think i made decent arguments at the end. alas, doubt and wifom is the greatest killer of town

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Everyone who never voted YPM is LVP.
Everyone who didn't see the obvious connection between YPM and the rest of the scum make me feel like a crazy person.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I should have played better and made a genuine case on YPM so I take responsibility for that and lump myself in with LVPs.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jammy I take responsibility for your misluncj :( I had a hunch and got cocky from my earlier calls. Should have just done YPM

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Gg thanks dmboogie!!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Good game, loved the flavour dmboogie

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Yeah I almost forgot, thanks for running the game Boogie

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

:unsmith:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

I died so there's only 1 stack left right?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ilmucche posted:

I died so there's only 1 stack left right?

perhaps...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

e: too harsh town is just misunderstood

come on with letting the claimed rolecop slide through