Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a paradox interactive wrestling sim would own except for the part where they put out $800 of minor DLC that is a sequel's worth of upgrades when taken together but is never bundled for a decent price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

a paradox interactive wrestling sim would own except for the part where they put out $800 of minor DLC that is a sequel's worth of upgrades when taken together but is never bundled for a decent price

You'd be able to finally live out Vince's incest fantasy though.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly the thing that always sort of annoys me about these types of games is that, due to the fact that matches are just comparing numbers against other numbers and the results against the notes you made, there's not as much room for fun weird poo poo to happen

my dream TEW-slayer is a similar game that actually has a match simulation engine, has somewhat detailed AI for it, and lets you call audibles on the fly during a match, sort of like a wrasslin' Football Manager

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if it was me, I'd do a wrestling booking game a la puzzle pirates. You run around and do fun little minigames and based on the outcomes of the games, that books the card. Then you watch the card play out. So like say you hosed up the travel minigame, so in one of the matches a wrestler has to wrestle themselves because their opponent is stuck in Latvian jail for illegal border crossing. Or you did really good at the wrestling school minigame and your pre-show trainee's match turns into a Doug Miltzer's 5 holy snowflakes motyc.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New Fire Pro patch is out on Steam with bugfixes and loadtime improvements. More importantly, Fire Promoter has been dated for February 27.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Heads up, looks like the NJPW DLC for Fire Pro World is on sale (Steam) for $11.99!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Kins posted:

New Fire Pro patch is out on Steam with bugfixes and loadtime improvements. More importantly, Fire Promoter has been dated for February 27.

Any word on the Junior DLC? (I want Ospreay... and Ospreay's moves)

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

As much as I want to believe, I'll believe it when I see it.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Important point: Today's Fire Pro Patch fundamentally changed how the "Touchwork" stat works and the logic used to decide whether to tag out or not. Over all, tags happen more often.

Also, I look forward to February, when they will announce Fire Promoter has been delayed until Mid-March.

Also:

Tonight @8:05 EST!
--I don't have time to put together a full preview, but tonight is the Cross-Tag Final!
-The Semi-Finals and Finals of the Cross-Tag Battle!
-Ganondorf vs Sabin for the PCGP World Heavyweight Championship!
-Rainbow Mika vs Ayla for the PCGP Cross-Platform Championship!
-The Super Mario Bros vs Cuphead & Kirby in a Tornado Tag Team match for the PCGP Co-Op Championships!
-All This And More at

https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i made a bunch of AEW stuff for anyone who still plays the bad 2k19 game

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kins posted:

Hope is alive!

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
So I've just finished my first run of Fighting Road and my young lion has finished WK12 as NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag, NEVER Openweight, IWGP Heavyweight Tag, IWGP Intercontinental and new IWGP Heavyweight champion. Also bailing on my promise to Tana I'd give him an IC rematch at the dome. GO ACE (to the back of the line).

Give my thanks to Gedo.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Tonight @8:05 EST(01:05 GMT)!
-Looking for something to fill the void before Wrestle Kingdom? Come on down to GAME Pro Wrestling for Chozo Warfare!
-30 wrestlers will enter but only 1 will leave as the number one contender for Ganondorf's PCGP World Heavyweight Championship!
-Eliminations occur only through pinfall or submission!
-Plus, on the undercard, you'll see The Mysical Ninjas take on The Starmen and Samus Aran vs Inkling Girl!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Takuan posted:

-Looking for something to fill the void before Wrestle Kingdom? Come on down to GAME Pro Wrestling for Chozo Warfare!
-30 wrestlers will enter but only 1 will leave as the number one contender for Ganondorf's PCGP World Heavyweight Championship!
-Eliminations occur only through pinfall or submission!
-Plus, on the undercard, you'll see The Mysical Ninjas take on The Starmen and Samus Aran vs Inkling Girl!

Finally managed to catch one of these live. Heck of a main event, better than the last Royal Rumble I watched, haha.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

ShootaBoy posted:

Finally managed to catch one of these live. Heck of a main event, better than the last Royal Rumble I watched, haha.

Thanks for watching and I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Also hope you enjoyed the RPG and Board Game Chat.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

-Ganondorf defends his PCGP World Heavyweight Championship against the winner of Chozo Warfare, Terra Branford!
-Rainbow Mika defends her PCGP Cross-Platform Championship against the mysterious mechanical Shadow Lady!
-Mettaton & 2B take on the apparently still undead Double Dragon!
-Tracer vs Inkling Girl for the vacant Dot TV Championship!
-All this and much, much more!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Is there still new mods for the 2.0+ version of Fire Pro World that lets you do Rumbles and name teams again?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

The mods for 2.0 do almost everything the older versions did, plus some more(including Rumbles and Tag Team names). They even come with instructions on how everything works now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im a big dumb mark who made a bunch of AEW belts and arenas for ps4. Username is mrshelfdestruct if you want it.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 13, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh, I never thought about them using the Spring Break name, but if Janela's in, I don't see why not.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im a big dumb mark who made a bunch of AEW belts and arenas for ps4. Username is mrshelfdestruct if you want it.

These look really good! I'd believe this shipped with the game.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Saves me the work, I approve.

There’s a new guy putting together TEW2016 real world TC mods but it will be a month or two before we get an update, last one was November.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I wonder how that sort of thing is going to work with TEW 2020 since it's apparently going to have a real game engine or something.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That match table feature in Universe is kind of neat. I used it to make a Lockdown-esque show where every match is in a cage or Hell In A Cell.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Do I have to download the Patcher and stuff again for Fire Pro World 2.0 stuff. the fact that they don't want to share any of their info or how to do things on the steam forums anymore is asinine.

edit: nevermind figured it out

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 13, 2019

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm having an issue with the tag team names appearing in the nameplates in the 2.0 mod. I have the team name and members in the database, and I see that the names will appear if "Ring Mat Database" is enabled, but I don't see that in the mod list. Can't find anything about it in the documentation either.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I think "Ring Mat Database" got renamed to "Arena Texture Database" at some point.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
surprised carlzilla still hasn't fixed the championship editor crashing when trying to edit a 4 man title

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Takuan posted:

I think "Ring Mat Database" got renamed to "Arena Texture Database" at some point.

Ah, makes sense. I'll try that out.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

-After their backstage altercation last week, Zangief and Bowser Koopa meet in a tag team match! Zangief is bringing Rainbow Mika and Bowser is bringing... Inkling Girl?
-Tracer attempts her first defense of the Dot TV Championship against Kirby!
-Mugman makes his debut alongside Cuphead against Smoughstein!
-Ickybod Clay and Duke Nukem square off for the number one contendership of the PCGP Cross-Platform Championship!
-PCGP Executive Committee Spokesman Cid Pollendina will make an announcement regarding the aftermath of Ganondorf and Terra's time limit draw for the PCGP World Championship!
-All this and much, much more!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cool thing with the booking mode. If your shows suck rear end there will be less people in the crowds.

https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/1086129945657503744

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That is a nice touch. Fire Promoter really needs to come out already.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

Cool thing with the booking mode. If your shows suck rear end there will be less people in the crowds.

That's a neat touch, hopefully it hits the release date this time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Very happy to see progress being made on the mode

Takuan
May 6, 2007

This oddly gives me hope that the fire pro Devs are going to do new and cool things with the game. Hopefully it won't just be limited to promoter mode, and you can choose the crowd level in exhibitions.

The timing is kind of funny, because a custom crowd mod just came out a few days ago and people have been expiramenting with making sparse crowds.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Is the current booking mod worth diving into or should I wait until November 2021 for the official version of Promoter Mode? A booking mode of some sort would totally revive my interest in the game.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Dishwasher posted:

Is the current booking mod worth diving into or should I wait until November 2021 for the official version of Promoter Mode? A booking mode of some sort would totally revive my interest in the game.

It's kind of clunky to use, and doesn't track finances in any way, but you can make in-ring interviews, there's a random event system based on wrestler personality, and soon you'll have the ability to book group run-ins.

On the other hand, we have no idea what Fire Promoter will really be like, so I'd say it's at least worth checking out.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Don't tease me like this...

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1086286579658764288

Obviously a mock up

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

Don't tease me like this...

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1086286579658764288

Obviously a mock up

Last time someone claimed a successor to AKI engine it was the Impact game which :laffo:

That said the mod community is going strong

https://twitter.com/aki_evolution?lang=en

Account for a group that's rewriting a lot of the game code as part of a total conversion for No Mercy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

Last time someone claimed a successor to AKI engine it was the Impact game which :laffo:

That said the mod community is going strong

https://twitter.com/aki_evolution?lang=en

Account for a group that's rewriting a lot of the game code as part of a total conversion for No Mercy

Oh god that Impact game. It looked so pretty and played worse than the Legends of Wrestling series.