Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

the impressions I've been reading have all been pretty positive. Game good against all odds!?

My guess is the game will be good, but not as good as The Witcher 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Serf posted:

I wonder if all the hitching is in the game itself or an issue with the video capture. Must be the latter, since it isn't mentioned. Also the kett run around with a hilariously bad animation, they look like early Quake characters ice skating along.

The Gamespot streamer dudes pointed out hitches when they came across them, mostly when driving around in the Mako. This was on a PS4, which looks considerably worse than PC.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anybody here going to create an alt account and pay for the trial twice because 10 hours simply isn't going to be enough for an entire weekend? I know that if the thought crossed my mind, one of you crazy bastards has already decided on doing this.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I have done dumber things.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ha. Ha. Natalie Dormer totally shuts both riders Ryders down. So much for your ME/GoT crossover fic, nerds.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
Watching through the jvtv twitch stream, and hearing a krogan in french is oddly humorous

:getin:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

the impressions I've been reading have all been pretty positive. Game good against all odds!?

It's going to be a good game with some jankiness, so just like the original Mass Effect.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

Ha. Ha. Natalie Dormer totally shuts both riders Ryders down. So much for your ME/GoT crossover fic, nerds.

I'm surprised Bioware had the restraint to hire Natalie Dormer and then make her non-romanceable.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Codependent Poster posted:

It's going to be a good game with some jankiness, so just like the original Mass Effect.

As long as it doesn't have the same load times. Jesus.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ainsley McTree posted:

That's encouraging; 5 hours is a decent amount of time to play without thinking "oh this is boring filler". I feel like DA:I hit you with that by then.

same. kotaku for once made me feel good and excited a bunch of stuff. glad its less "build 20 tables to play a mission" and more cool quests and fun combat.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SgtSteel91 posted:

well to be fair you could say that about almost all games

I am excited for the hugely updated combat which looks really fun

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

AngryBooch posted:

I'm surprised Bioware had the restraint to hire Natalie Dormer and then make her non-romanceable.

I wonder if we can play a Ryder who annoys his/her crew by trying to hook everyone up with somebody

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skippy McPants posted:

Pelessaria B'Sayle

Which is the kind of name someone comes up with when their starting point is, "I want this character's nickname to be 'Peebee'."

Ah, like my main man Blackagar Boltagon.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

hey i know we like to joke around in here but let's get real for a second

these faces an animations look like they came from a game like 6+ years ago

not even joking

what in the absolute gently caress

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Hedrigall posted:

This game is going to be as good as my posts in this thread

Preorder cancelled.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

not even joking

Lemming posted:

They don't know how to do lip synching and they never have

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The guy playing Fischer (guy with broken leg) has a voice I recognize but I can't call up the actor's name. Anyone?

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

Peter Brown from gamespot was on the giant bombcast and had nothing good to say about the game but it sounds like he is only a couple hours in.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Those facial animations are weird, but I'm not here to look at faces.

The most important question: Are the screams of mobs set on fire blood curdling with a satisfying gurgle at the point of death?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Horizon Zero Dawn also has atrocious lip synching and pretty bad facial animation, but at the same time it looks a ton better than Andromeda in a straight-up graphics comparison.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

SgtSteel91 posted:

I really disliked Geralt and all the characters I interacted with in the first hour and a half in TW3, so ME:A could be a massive failure and I'd still like it more :v:

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Rock Paper Shotgun has a really unimpressed take on the first few hours. The only good point they offer is that the combat is essentially fine.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Replaying mass effect 3 and I"m reminded that holding guns wrong is canon

I also got an achievement called "pathfinder". Bioware makes no mistakes

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Procedural animation. You have a program that takes the spoken dialogue and translates it to facial movement on the character model. I'm sure the tech has advanced in the last six years, but to get something that looks human you need a human animator to dig in and spend a bunch of time tweaking everything to make it look right.

Human animators cost a lot of money, and while I'm sure Bioware has their fair share of them, I'm gonna guess they got assigned to focused on key scenes.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Spaseman posted:

Rock Paper Shotgun has a really unimpressed take on the first few hours. The only good point they offer is that the combat is essentially fine.

I wonder if John Walker played any DAINQ. This sounds like DAINQ except some of the characters in DAINQ were good. This is what I was expecting.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Is Jessica Chobot in this one? and can I have sex with her?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Spaseman posted:

Rock Paper Shotgun also kind of blows and has poo poo coverage these days. What I've seen has been pretty good if you liked Mass Effect.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Spaseman posted:

Ouch. That's scathing. And I generally agree with Walker's stuff. Looks like Bioware's gonna take a critical thrashing on this one.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Spaseman posted:

:toot:

I guess we'll see how things change for RPS.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Spaseman posted:

this guy's opinion is not worth considering because he thinks kumail sounds good as a voice actor when in reality it's probably more likely that everyone but kumail sounds fine

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

I'm irrationally annoyed that DadRyder bought a massive chunk of rock he was sentimental about on the ark.

If I hear one word about weight limits having been a thing then my word I'll be angry at that Ryder.

MMO logic is fully in force. Nothing matters.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

:toot:

I guess we'll see how things change for RPS.

*cracks doxxing muscles*

(i'm just kidding i'm not going to do that please don't do that)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mr President posted:

Is Jessica Chobot in this one? and can I have sex with her?

Get off my ship.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
From that article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbd-LTfc5Ho

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

this guy's opinion is not worth considering because he thinks kumail sounds good as a voice actor when in reality it's probably more likely that everyone but kumail sounds fine

real talk this is the character he thought sounded best (director tann)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo14cfpfp2E

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

not even joking

The facial animations I could probably look past but the eyes. The eyes! The textures for them are way too bright and also I think everyone is cross-eyed.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

real talk this is the character he thought sounded best (director tann)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo14cfpfp2E

I think the dude sounds hilarious, like the kind of lovely boss you'd really encounter and think "god I need to find a new job"

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ages posted:

Watching through the jvtv twitch stream, and hearing a krogan in french is oddly humorous

:getin:

There was a npc in ME2 for a side quest that was a very well mannered, buisiness etiquette krogan. It was always worth a laugh to hear him.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbd-LTfc5Ho

"Another code, like the one we already found."

RIVETING

gently caress, beaten

That article devolves into dumb nitpicking but the atrocious writing that just settles into old cliches without a thought matches what we've seen.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Game bad so what