Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

morestuff posted:

The site and app kind of suck but I usually check Fandango for this. And yeah, looks like it's just NY/LA

Edit: Expands wide the week after, list here

Nice, closest theater to my office gets it on the 14th. I was crossing my fingers that it was part of the early release, but the one lovely thing about them is they don't have movie times posted for anything 48+ hours in the future.

Snak posted:

I regularly sleep on my arms and wake up with my hands being numb. It's not great.

I bought like the cheapest shittiest box spring for my current apartment to avoid the crack den mattress directly on the floor aesthetic and there's a slight dip in the middle that makes this happen every once in a while. It's awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

ChickenMedium posted:

At least your favorite things are a lot better than Julie Andrews' favorite things. Bright copper kettles? Get the gently caress outta here, lady.

Schnitzel with noodles is great, though.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Baron von Eevl posted:

Barman Begins is not an origin story as Bruce Wayne was conceived several years before the events of the film and is in fact already a child.

Beer In The Shell 2017 begins long after Barman has already obtained his hero name, costume, equipment, hideout, sidekicks, and so-on. He has been battling sobriety for months. It is not an origin story.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hahahahaha, :wtc:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
You too can harness your Xmen-like abilities to create more efficient weapons of mass death for pointless wars.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

You too can harness your Xmen-like abilities to create more efficient weapons of mass death for pointless wars.

Tag yourself, I'm the dismissive attitude towards childhood dreams.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Having worked at an aerospace company that makes landing gear for military aircraft and managing their production, it's both awesome and loltastic at the same time.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Starship Troopers is real and Verhoeven is a prophet

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Holy poo poo, it totally is Starship Troopers

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Holy loly.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Which of you was just buying groceries in a Gummo t-shirt?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

That Northrop Grumman ad owns I'm gonna go buy a stealth bomber now

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Snak posted:

I regularly sleep on my arms and wake up with my hands being numb. It's not great.

lol clumsy numb high-five fellow sleeper-on-hands

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

I was gonna say, ain't no way anything is happening at least with Jhonen's involvement.

Although, I would get a slight sick kick out of a live action Zim movie done the same way they did that Fairly Odd Parents movie. Clancy Brown as Zim, reprising his iconic role.

....Mr Krabs?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No, Zim!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Try Richard Steven Horvitz

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Jfc Clancy Brown goes up half a step and he turns into Mr Krabs there's no way he could be Zim

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Staff sgt Zim yo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

Staff sgt Zim yo.

Zim calls dib a maggot dick motherfucker

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Jfc Clancy Brown goes up half a step and he turns into Mr Krabs there's no way he could be Zim

That would be loving hilarious to hear Zim sound like Mr. Krabs though

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Horvitz could do it.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

I just watched a short interview with a disembodied giraffe head in a swimming pool in the sky. A motionless cowboy appeared, watched the interview for a little bit and then zoomed away. Again, completely motionless.

I have also seen an interview with a pinky from DOOM inside of a late 90's rainbow fractal screensaver. And an interview between a disembodied horse's head and a disembodied woman's head on a lovely, low poly train traveling through a low poly environment.

Edit: The system crash at 52:30 :laffo:

its great

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

DeimosRising posted:

We can assume, based on what we know about Mongol exogamy, that Chinggis Khan slept with his parents until he got married, the big loving sissy

All this proves is that sharing a bed with your parents means you'll grow up to be one of history's greatest butchers.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spatulater bro! posted:

It's absolutely a safety choice. The article says that bottlefeeding babies should never sleep in your bed, and breastfeeding babies can do so under very specific conditions (one of which being that you understand that, if you end up suffocating your baby, it wasn't SIDS. Okay...). It's an irrefutable fact that loose bedding and pillows can suffocate a newborn, so it's purely common sense that a scenario where bedding can shift around without you knowing it (i.e. when you're asleep) is less safe than a setting where that can't happen. Also the idea that only obese people are at risk of suffocating their baby is just stupid. A 130 pound woman is more than heavy enough to suffocate a 7 pound newborn.

This article reads like the kind of non-committal bullshit that doctors write so as to not offend anyone.

You're misreading it (and I can dig into the actual published papers if you want but I'll have to go back into my grad school scans because I don't have academic access anymore), what he's saying is that if your child dies of SIDS you may have trouble accepting it wasn't a smothering. Your weight being enough to smother a child is not the issue, you won't roll onto and crush your child for the same reason you don't roll out of bed and break your arm every night. Which is why impaired mental or nervous faculties is a problem. McKenna has spent an entire career running a research lab that has demonstrated that with cosleeping, as with things like formula vs breastfeeding and responding to children crying, every parent before 1945 wasn't an idiot who did it wrong. Or as the same website puts it elsewhere

NDMBBSL posted:

Mother-infant cosleeping with breastfeeding is humankind’s oldest and most successful sleeping arrangement. Cosleeping remains a cross-cultural human universal, a species-wide behavior, an expectable and physiologically normal sleeping arrangement likely designed by natural selection to maximize infant survival and well-being. Only in a relatively few select cultures (Western, industrialized societies) have infants ever slept outside the company and presence of their breastfeeding mothers. The adoption of the prone infant sleep position, bottle rather than breast feeding, and infants sleeping separate from their parents each proved to be independent risks for SIDS meaning…the dismantling of the human pattern of back sleep, with breastfeeding, with sleeping next to others caused the “SIDS” epidemic unique to the Western world and a loss of possibly as many as 600,000 babies. Let's never forget that.

In fact, babies that don't sleep in contact with their mothers do not regulate their body temperatures or breathing rates correctly, as they are dependent on the mother's developed brain and autonomic nervous system for cues. If you don't breastfeed at all this changes dramatically, because the baby will learn to move away from the mother to feed and the mother's sleep patterns will not sync with the baby's as well, slightly increasing risk factors for some asphyxiation events. A bedside cosleeper is still fine though.

This and the pepsi commercial where the cops and protesters bond over a refreshing soft drink, I think ad agencies are taking the dystopian elements of Trump's America a little too seriously

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Like I said, as someone who has rolled out of a top bunk onto the floor, I would 100% crush a baby. I'm sure there are plenty of people who won't. I will.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
If babies avoid being crushed by their parents they will eventually be crushed by the cruelty and non-stop horror of life itself.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Snak posted:

I would 100% crush a baby. I'm sure there are plenty of people who won't. I will.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I would like Dolph Lundgren to play me in the movie.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

That would be loving hilarious to hear Zim sound like Mr. Krabs though

DIB ME BOY *cackles*

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Arg arg arg, shave ye giant head of smell with....that smelly smell.

That smelly smell....that smells....

Smell-eeee.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
run, spongebob, run like the moose, arg arg arg arg arg

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

CPL593H posted:

If babies avoid being crushed by their parents they will eventually be crushed by the cruelty and non-stop horror of life itself.

Nah, 'cause then only the strongest, least-crushable babies will survive to inherit the Earth.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

K. Waste posted:

Nah, 'cause then only the strongest, least-crushable babies will survive to inherit the Earth.

I'm worried about babies taking the easy way out and evolving into bean-bag chairs

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

morestuff posted:

I'm worried about babies taking the easy way out and evolving into bean-bag chairs

I wanna see the truck with the "Don't Tread On Me" mud-flap, but instead it's "Don't Roll On Me" with a picture of a crying baby.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
I know I'm late to the party on this, but I watched Symbiopsychotaxiplasm last night (how could I resist something with that name?). It was pretty great! I really wasn't expecting to find it at my local rental place but they had the Criterion version that includes a sequel and a documentary on the director, so I'm excited to watch those.

Not sure exactly what to say about the movie itself, it was pretty strange and unique. The scene at the end with the homeless guy was really sad considering we're still dealing with the poo poo he talks about. "They have money, I don't have money. I'm supposed to fight that?" Then again, maybe he's an actor and in on the whole thing? I love when one of the crew talk about how they could be actors and no one in the audience would know for sure.

Another thing that struck me about the movie is that basically everyone in it could show up at a hipster bar nowadays and not look out of place at all. Just check this guy out:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Blisster posted:

Another thing that struck me about the movie is that basically everyone in it could show up at a hipster bar nowadays and not look out of place at all. Just check this guy out:

Don't dox me bro.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The stealth bomber commercial is good but none y'all gonna talk about woke Pepsi Kylie Jenner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCEm21aTh5Q

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

[northrup ad]
This and the pepsi commercial where the cops and protesters bond over a refreshing soft drink, I think ad agencies are taking the dystopian elements of Trump's America a little too seriously

weekly font posted:

The stealth bomber commercial is good but none y'all gonna talk about woke Pepsi Kylie Jenner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCEm21aTh5Q

I like how it's "Starring Kendall Jenner" and feat. Skip Marley and some other woman

There are 3 characters in that "short film". It's starring all 3 of them.

edit: Oh god, I'm so dumb. you made both those posts. You're right, no one else mentioned it. :doh:

:downs:

Snak fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
ur gonna want another edit

• Locked thread