Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

E2M2 posted:

Draymond is like a super glue guy.

in that he resembles a horse and should be converted to glue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

lmao

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Brolander posted:

Jesus lmao

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Brolander posted:

Seems legit

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Brolander posted:

splash on yo bish just like water

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Brolander posted:

Lmbo git 'em

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Draymond Green, or dollar store Boris Diaw as I like to call him, is

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Brolander posted:

wow holy poo poo lmbo

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Draymond Green, or dollar store Boris Diaw as I like to call him, is

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

EvanTH posted:

Green was their best player by eye-test too, if you want to say the stats don't count. He's one of the best if not the best all-around defender in the league, which is something you definitely can't say about Millsap.

Wanting him to not be a top player won't make it so. Swap Green for Millsap and those Cavs have a much harder time with the Hawks, because Green is better than him.

The Cavs would dumpster the Hawks even if they had Green. He wouldn't have been able to move the needle for them at all.

And in the past two years Curry and Durant have had such good individual seasons and playoffs it's almost difficult to quantify. Green deserves all the credit in the world for what he does, but he isn't in the same league as either of them and he benefits immensely from playing with them. Moreso than they do playing with him.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

Chris Paul getting a ring would be the only good part of a Rockets championship this season for me. Chandler got one with Dallas, West got his with GSW, and now just Paul needs one and then the core of the Crescent City Connection-era Hornets will all have the rings they so-well deserve. I want his baby face to smile for basketball reasons just one last time.

Nah gently caress Eric Gordon.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

EvanTH posted:

please stop underrating Green and Iguodala I don't want to type another 5000 words and look up the stats where Iguodala's one of the best finishers in the entire league over the last 10 years

Speaking of stats, these hot takes about Green are amusing in light of the fact that he averaged 7.0 apg in the 2016-17 season, the 9th highest mark in the league, the only PF in the top 30, the best passing forward not named LeBron James (and a better assist-turnover ratio than James), the only Warrior in the top 10, almost half an assist per game better than Wardell Stephen Curry

Sometimes he jacks up bad 3s without running the offense. Sometimes he tries to drive to the rim and throws up a bad shot and hopes for a foul call that will not come. This should not fool anyone into thinking that he isn't a huge part of the Warriors' beautiful-game offensive system.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've been a long proponent of Clippers to Anaheim, so I'd definitely prefer that.

Inglewood has won these battles before, although the gentrification is far enough along now that this might be inevitable, won't be much left of the people who make Inglewood Inglewood by the time this arena is ready to be built in 5 years or so.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Nah gently caress Eric Gordon.

Hence CP3 getting a ring being the only good part.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Wait why gently caress eric Gordon?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ScooterMcTiny posted:

another victim in the never-ending war between the skiiers and snowboarders

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ScooterMcTiny posted:

It's specifically a NOLA thing. The way he handled being traded here, having his RFA contract matched, complaining that the team must not want him anymore because they drafted Austin Rivers, etc. were all pretty bad, PR wise. He also never really embraced the city or felt like he did much in the community around it. Always whining, never happy or excited about anything.

A lot of things he chose to say or do (or not do, in some cases) created a rift between him and the local fanbase. Him never coming close to living up to his contract and then poo poo-talking the team/city after signing with Houston also did not grant him any favors.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/TerryLee__/status/891653032898940928

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Best Sports League

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
kyrie you dumb mother fucker

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

how'd they get so many cornballs in the same room?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Lebron should beat up Kyrie.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Starting to think SAS was right about Lebron wanting to "beat Kyries rear end"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

:jerky:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I love my gay sport soap opera

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
why are mommy and daddy fighting

are they going to get divorced?

is it because of....

me?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Metapod posted:

I love my gay sport soap opera

NBA League Pass — your one stop fix for buckets, soap opera, and Red Panda.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kyrie irving burns last bridge in cleveland by instagramming himself saying that derrick rose is not Back

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

it's beautiful

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Do you guys sincerely think of basketball ranking as a legit thing? That old Skeptical Sports piece on Dennis Rodman as the greatest "3rd Man" of all time was pretty eye opening for me in thinking about player quality, roles and team makeup.

Draymond is probably the best glue guy in the entire league right now, but I would be very curious how he'd do on a team like the Raptors.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Worst NBA rap is Tony Parker, hope this helps

This is so wrong.

It's Dejuan Blair by a mile.

I can't seem to find that first song oh so long ago. His newer stuff is significantly improved and still garbage.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

It won't happen but this make me wish we could see Curry's all star team (or at least 2 of them) go somewhere else and mock him digitally.

Kyrie vs LeBron is going to be a fun game this year. What other random games are going to be fun for at least their first matchup? Nets/Lakers is one I plan on tuning in for.

edit:
I wonder what the Cavs will get for Kyrie. All the other big trades this summer have resulted in the team losing the all star level player getting robbed. Will the Cavs fall into that pattern or hold firm until they get a nice deal?

edit 2:
https://twitter.com/rudygobert27/status/891649571872534528

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 30, 2017

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

^
Lakers vs 76ers imo

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Pictures of all unveiled sponsor patches so far:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/26/16036162/nba-jersey-patch-sponsor-tracker-2017-season

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Cavs is good, but the ones that are a block logo are pretty meh and reduce the natural sleekness of the NBA. Also are the Jazz sponsored by themselves?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/carmeloanthony/status/891732059315552256

Melo forgiven?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
please disregard.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

BobHoward posted:

Speaking of stats, these hot takes about Green are amusing in light of the fact that he averaged 7.0 apg in the 2016-17 season, the 9th highest mark in the league, the only PF in the top 30, the best passing forward not named LeBron James (and a better assist-turnover ratio than James), the only Warrior in the top 10, almost half an assist per game better than Wardell Stephen Curry

Sometimes he jacks up bad 3s without running the offense. Sometimes he tries to drive to the rim and throws up a bad shot and hopes for a foul call that will not come. This should not fool anyone into thinking that he isn't a huge part of the Warriors' beautiful-game offensive system.

Those are all true statements I guess. He's still not a top 10 player. Nobody in this thread is saying Draymond Green sucks. The hottest take anybody has made is that he's not better than Paul Millsap.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

R.D. Mangles posted:

kyrie irving burns last bridge in cleveland by instagramming himself saying that derrick rose is not Back

*burning bridge falls into the Cuyahoga River, setting it ablaze yet again*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All LeBron has to do in response to that Curry thing is remind him of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0-l1M_870

• Locked thread