Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

They still get a taste meal!

I assume if the rebels win they'll order in space pizza to celebrate or something. ...not sure we've ever seen the rebels cooking. I guess they usually mostly subsist off space gruel or something.

Blue milk, straight from the nipple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

The Jenny video is great for me because I make games and I think my dream job would be to make something fun and engaging for a themed boutique hotel, but it's obvious the Imagineers got told "gently caress no" or "make it cheaper" for every single pitch and prototype and in the face of that I probably would have quit in two weeks.

But, like, Disney wanted to make money and they also in some areas threw money at it. Like the vid says it's pretty wildly hubristic to cut the deepest corners on the game and interactivity side of things. In that case, why did they even bother?

My guess is it speaks to a lack of trust. There was no on of the creative side that the execs could look to and say "Okay this guy is saying we need to make this a little better, maybe we should listen." Maybe such a person can't even exist anymore in today's climate. But I'm 100% positive that the execs that did that last visit and then shut it down learned all the wrong lessons

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3EUIsNswQc

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
half-way through bgs and am really enjoying it, with some major caveats that i'll be sure to address in my longpost when i'm finished

e: battlegar stallactica

Pac and Cheese fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 22, 2024

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

sure okay posted:

But I'm 100% positive that the execs that did that last visit and then shut it down learned all the wrong lessons

I bet that 90% of that conversation consisted of "you know we'll get a huge tax refund if we can write this off as a loss"

That was the lesson learned

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i think it's really as simple as whoever was in charge of the call on disney's end way overestimated the whole being part of an experience horse poo poo to me. just let me hang out in mos eisley cantina. dont talk to me

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That DICK! posted:

i think it's really as simple as whoever was in charge of the call on disney's end way overestimated the whole being part of an experience horse poo poo to me. just let me hang out in mos eisley cantina. dont talk to me

*The Jizz band plays that song again

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i still can't believe they haven't used my idea of the david lynch themed hotel where it's all wood paneling and a creepy bellhop wakes you up at 3am to solve a mystery

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Pac and Cheese posted:

i still can't believe they haven't used my idea of the david lynch themed hotel where it's all wood paneling and a creepy bellhop wakes you up at 3am to solve a mystery

give me fifty bux and I'll give you the elephant man experience

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pac and Cheese posted:

*Does reverse Black Lodge dance

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

nice looking forward to this. ive only seen their bigoted bill video but maybe this is what pulls me back into the aunty donnaverse

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Pac and Cheese posted:

half-way through bgs and am really enjoying it, with some major caveats that i'll be sure to address in my longpost when i'm finished

e: battlegar stallactica

Please, save us

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Only Nixon could arrest Chewbacca in Dubai

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
you make a reservation at the david lynch hotel, but find it's not on any map. you can't even remember what city it was supposed to be in. you give up in frustration, then wake up the day of your reservation already inside of it with a nosebleed. whenever you try to go outside or even get a good look through the windows you get horrible cluster headaches, and everybody keeps calling you "Byron."
except for the girl with the yellow eyes. she doesn't say anything. she just gives you a look that's at once pitying and helpless, like you're a mouse who's already walked into the glue trap

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

the david lynch hotel was just gooncamp

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

You said that this thread never asked itself why it deserved to survive. Maybe it doesn’t.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

the david lynch hotel was just gooncamp

3 day weekend in The Black Lodge

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Stephen King or someone should just sign off on a Shining-themed hotel, a smaller-scale recreation of the Overlook, or something.

Maybe you go into your room and find a hot naked lady, maybe it's a ghoulish old lady, maybe it's just your family that are constantly reminding you of your weaknesses, failures, and mistakes that... that you just won't ever let me forget, will ya, Wendy?! I made ONE mistake, ONE!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Stephen King or someone should just sign off on a Shining-themed hotel, a smaller-scale recreation of the Overlook, or something.

Maybe you go into your room and find a hot naked lady, maybe it's a ghoulish old lady, maybe it's just your family that are constantly reminding you of your weaknesses, failures, and mistakes that... that you just won't ever let me forget, will ya, Wendy?! I made ONE mistake, ONE!

BLACK PHILIP
BLACK PHILIP
A HELL OF A GOAT

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

don't forget to tip your bear pig man after he sucks you off

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Weeeeelp I just watched the end of Sugar Ep 6 and now I’m extremely angry
This is the most ridiculous plot twist I have ever seen. What in the actual gently caress?

E: Is this a very expensive practical joke?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 22, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Endless Trash posted:

You said that this thread never asked itself why it deserved to survive. Maybe it doesn’t.

That is such a stupid loving quote and it's rich coming from a toaster that can resurrect into a new Grace Park body.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

the david lynch hotel was just a rebranded hotel california

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I think the most baffling decision to me was the fire shame closets for a single-floor hotel. If it was built in a real state, I'd question how they got that approved but even then, it seems bad from a liability perspective to let your rich people burn up because you're too cheap to build a fire escape egress hallway on the outside..

That and the tiny rooms actually makes me wonder if the star cruiser started out as an actual themed cruise line and was managed into what it became.

I don’t think that it’s single story. It’s got an elevator or a turbolift or whatever and Jenny mentioned that it was nice to be on the first floor with most of the common areas.

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
If I went to star wars hotel I would dress like a Mangalore, shoot that twilek singer and root around in her guts looking for the fifth element stones.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

That is such a stupid loving quote and it's rich coming from a toaster that can resurrect into a new Grace Park body.

It immediately cuts from that to flak cannons firing at cylon raiders so I can’t help but think it’s badass

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

It immediately cuts from that to flak cannons firing at cylon raiders so I can’t help but think it’s badass

Link please

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Frank Frank posted:

This is the most ridiculous plot twist I have ever seen. What in the actual gently caress?

lol did you not at least twig there was something very weird going on with him and his buddies, spies or super soldiers or something? I guessed angels in ep5 but wasn't upset to be wrong.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I know it's become trite itt to post "so I just got back from a screening of <mostly forgotten 90s film> and it's shocking how much more clever and competently it was made than any of today's moopies", but I did not expect to leave a screening of Joe's fuckin Apartment, the singing cockroach MTV movie that sunk everyone's careers, and still be reaching the same conclusion

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

redshirt posted:

Link please

Doesn’t include Boomer’s line but this is what I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPeXFV94bsE

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Frank Frank posted:

for real, i watched it cause i heard it had an unseen mindblowing twist and the whole time i was hoping that it wasn't just that he was a robot or an alien or something. i still might finish it it's not a bad show

Barudak
May 7, 2007

For the hotel I think there were a lot of simultaneous issues but a big one is, frankly, the sort of person who pays the 45 grand initiation fee and membership dues to eat at the secret Disney resort restaurant didn't want that product and from a cost perspective it was probably leaving significant money on the table to give them activities instead of letting their degenerate lack of awareness of the value of money lead them to buy gold plated minnie mouse hina matsuri for every family member.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol did you not at least twig there was something very weird going on with him and his buddies, spies or super soldiers or something? I guessed angels in ep5 but wasn't upset to be wrong.

I thought he was socially awkward and that the interspersed film noir movie clips were an odd plot device for a series shot in the modern day but did not see the twist coming at all. I thought the super spy/secret society bit fit well enough although it was hinted at by the movie producer guy that was a plot to a movie. Then he deflected a bullet with his cufflink and I said, “huh”? Then the ending happened and I had trouble processing what I was seeing. Then I started booing and yelling, “OH gently caress YOU”. Then I posted about it.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
cleaning up some loose posts

Cubone posted:

you make a reservation at the david lynch hotel, but find it's not on any map. you can't even remember what city it was supposed to be in. you give up in frustration, then wake up the day of your reservation already inside of it with a nosebleed. whenever you try to go outside or even get a good look through the windows you get horrible cluster headaches, and everybody keeps calling you "Byron."
except for the girl with the yellow eyes. she doesn't say anything. she just gives you a look that's at once pitying and helpless, like you're a mouse who's already walked into the glue trap

you're hired

Endless Trash posted:

i wish scar got resurrected into a new raider body, he was my favorite character

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I was finally able to watch the Star Wars Hotel video. Man, she was really mad.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Cubone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEyFH-a-XoQ

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Pac and Cheese posted:

i wish scar got resurrected into a new raider body, he was my favorite character

Wasn't he already resurrected? It's implied he was originally the raider that Kara gutted and turned into her own personal fighter craft after crashing into the dust moon.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Arc Hammer posted:

Wasn't he already resurrected? It's implied he was originally the raider that Kara gutted and turned into her own personal fighter craft after crashing into the dust moon.

i didn't pick up on that at all. great work. i think in the episode 'scar' the resurrection ship nearby was destroyed so he was killed for good in that one

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I enjoyed the twist to Sugar but I kinda had it semi spoiled by a headline on vulture or avclub or one of those places.

Still a good show tho! I hope they do another season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I keep thinking about all the poo poo about the Star Wars hotel and saying “ha my favorite part is…”

This time my favorite part is how all the customer service channels tell you to go gently caress yourself when they mess up your merch delivery. Unless you have a big enough twitter follower count and bitch about it on twitter. At which point they seek YOU out and beg forgiveness and shower you in gifts.