Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
On one hand, it's nice to see a more streamlined version of this. Just one travel to the future is probably better, on the other hand this was tiresome by page 15 and there's just so much packed here that it's boring. Finding out most of Zamasu's mystery from the get-go before even meeting him takes so much away.

It's basically goldenlock, the anime oatmeal is too bloated and the ending is burnt, but the manga oatmeal is too dry and compressed, oh but the movie oatmeal is Just Right.

Glad to see that the best joke of this whole thing was developed entirely by Toriyama, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

This chapter explains Whis' whole deal and that's somehow not interesting?

the anime does that too

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also it's really not that interesting no, as it doesn't give any details or anything.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Prowler posted:

Better yet, why not take this opportunity to make the non-saiyan characters relevant again by showing how they improve in alternate ways? Piccolo's performance in the universe tournament (and the interesting skills of their opponents) shows how it can be entertaining not being ki blast after face punch after ki blast.

That's what hunter x hunter is for.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

That's what hunter x hunter is for.

True, just wait until the new chapter!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

They wished it right before Piccolo died to the androids. The manga actually shows it. The Dragonballs go inert moments later.

I've never seen this part. Granted, I haven't read the manga, so that's natural, but ok.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does it explain why they thought it would be a good idea to make their stupid wish during an android rampage?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alternate Shenron probably died pissed off that these stupid loving Earthlings insist on wishing for the stupidist poo poo when he can make their actual problems disappear.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I prefer the anime version, where Goku meeting Zamazu to figure out if he's Black is literally what starts off Zamasu stealing Goku to become Black.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Found this, needed to share it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does it explain why they thought it would be a good idea to make their stupid wish during an android rampage?

I think it's just "Hey, all those guys who would stop us are distracted by some poo poo, let's do it now so they won't stop us."

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CharlestheHammer posted:

The manga as a whole is just the anime with the worst bits removed.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Why wouldn't it be a good idea?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

how is wishing to be younger while some homicidal cyborgs murder the entire world a good idea

like if you're gonna be selfish, at least wish for immortality first or something

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

how is wishing to be younger while some homicidal cyborgs murder the entire world a good idea

like if you're gonna be selfish, at least wish for immortality first or something

Pilaf's gang aren't exactly the sharpest pencils in the box. Also, they tend to underestimate threats until it bites them in the rear end because Pilaf is a megalomaniac.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
They probably believe Goku will save the day just as much as Bulma and the non-Saiyan fighters do. They've seen it first hand.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Or they accidentally wished for it

There's so many options when your three characters are dumb as a sack of hammers

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

The likely assumed the android thing it would blow over, like King Piccolo.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I would definitely wish for youth instead of being immortal.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honest fact:

Immortality vs Youth in a universe with a proven demonstrable afterlife that a dude can literally warp to if he wants to means immortality is actually a super-poo poo choice. Yeah, immortality means you can't die but it also means you *can't die* and that becomes a shitload more relevant when you're getting trapped in a pot and/or the Dead Zone.

If you're worried about being strong enough to beat someone then it's better to pull the Ginyu like Goku Black did.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Honest fact:

Immortality vs Youth in a universe with a proven demonstrable afterlife that a dude can literally warp to if he wants to means immortality is actually a super-poo poo choice. Yeah, immortality means you can't die but it also means you *can't die* and that becomes a shitload more relevant when you're getting trapped in a pot and/or the Dead Zone.

If you're worried about being strong enough to beat someone then it's better to pull the Ginyu like Goku Black did.

Or in the case of Zamasu, God decides to just delete the universe you were in so you are gone.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Honest fact:

I would just wish to have the body of Majin Buu. Hes got more/better powers than Goku, and he is basically immortal already.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Honest fact:

maybe you don't want to be stuck as a puff of smoke in the home for infinite losers for the rest of eternity/until zeno gets bored

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe you don't want to be stuck as a puff of smoke in the home for infinite losers for the rest of eternity/until zeno gets bored

Apparently a fair chunk of people keep their bodies in the afterlife! Or get reincarnated like Buu did.

Honestly I don't actually think they really address what the endgame is for the average person but frigging Yamcha and Chaotzu got to keep their bodies in the afterlife. So did Frieza even if it was just because he was locked up.

DBZ afterlife is weird poo poo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if filler is anything to go by (and of course all filler is canon), average joes turn into puff balls but when they talk to each other they can see what they looked like in their past life. like videl and chichi talk when they get killed by buu in the anime and they're spirits floating around with no legs, so obviously they didn't keep their bodies. also they're chilling with dabura for some reason. I'm not sure if any of that is in the manga or not but that's what there is. so for all we know, freeza didn't keep his body since you only ever see him wrapped up and hung from a tree. I always just assumed that goku's pals got to keep their bodies for saving/helping save earth a few times and dying in an attempt to do the same

pilaf is and will always be an infinite loser

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you bring up filler that counters my filler (like that time cell fought dead fake piccolo), I'm just gonna put my fingers in my ears and pretend I can't hear you

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

StrifeHira posted:

Found this, needed to share it.

You're welcome.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you bring up filler that counters my filler (like that time cell fought dead fake piccolo), I'm just gonna put my fingers in my ears and pretend I can't hear you

Some times they let Frieza out of his cocoon to watch battles and chill with the other villains in Hell. As far as I am concerned all anime filler is canon, because DB Super switched the canon from mange to anime! :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjXtzaXdJAk

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
DBZ isn't nearly as good on the rewatch as it was when I was a kid, but god drat if they don't know how to build the hype up for the big climax.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

Some times they let Frieza out of his cocoon to watch battles and chill with the other villains in Hell. As far as I am concerned all anime filler is canon, because DB Super switched the canon from mange to anime! :colbert:

To the Kai canon. Which doesn't include filler beyond Paikuhan for some reason.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pie khan was alright. I liked him in that fusion movie

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq5qozUYAsE

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rutibex posted:

wow this is bad

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Honest fact:

Well not everyone is likely to know about the afterlife, and if you're an rear end in a top hat if you die your soul goes to hell and your identity is destroyed when you're purified into a hopefully decent person.

I can see why dicks like pre-turn Vegeta, Frieza, and Zamasu want to avoid it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rutibex posted:

cool found footage movie

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Instantly non-canon because the Ginyu Force are too pure to go to Hell.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

Instantly non-canon because the Ginyu Force are too pure to go to Hell.

This is correct, they originally went to heaven. However they were knocked into Hell by Yamcha!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M940jdG6lXg

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lol at King Cold just standing there while Freeza is all "DADDY DADDY THIS FILTHY MONKEY BEAT ME UP AND COOLER STOLE MY DOLLS *ppbtpptptpbp*"

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

xenoverse 3 needs to have an alt timeline where jeice and burter fuse and become stronger than freeza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Huh, now that you mention it it is a bit strange they never combined as another Sentai reference.

• Locked thread