Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

BobTheJanitor posted:

Not until they do a summertime fun time update and add fanservice swimsuit skins for all the characters. Would buy so many crates for a legendary Junkrat in a banana hammock.

Cute sundresses please. Including for Roadhog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zoness posted:

I played against a rank 220 mei who would not stop trash talking. My whole team made fun of him for being useless when his team lost. He then said he was afk the whole time, so I told him I reported him for being afk.

Playing against good players is a lot more fun, I agree.

huh, sorry, i forgot to turn my monitor on and plug in my keyboard last round, also my dog was dying.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The overwatch cast doesn't actually go outside

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I mean if he really wanted an excuse, he could have said he was playing Mei.

Countblanc posted:

The overwatch cast doesn't actually go outside

That DVA expression is perfect.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mister Fister posted:

I don't remember if it was against another goon group. Were you on my team? I don't think my hearing was damaged in that game :haw:

You may have been on the other team, or it might have been a different but similar match that I was sharing valuable intelligence with beloved teammates. The main similarity was a ridiculous number of objective kills I got with soldier, something like 45 obj kills of 62 total elims.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If they don't eventually add a skin with him in a pink tutu then they should just close down Blizzard forever.

I really just need hot pink skins for everything. Even Reaper. Especially Reaper.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I don't care what Roadhog is wearing in the summer fun skin so long as his pig tattoo has sunglasses

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dr Cheeto posted:

I don't care what Roadhog is wearing in the summer fun skin so long as his pig tattoo has sunglasses

Squeal with it

:c00l:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dr Cheeto posted:

are they spiky sunglasses or normal ones?

Junkrat, GATTAI!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

FAUXTON posted:

You may have been on the other team, or it might have been a different but similar match that I was sharing valuable intelligence with beloved teammates. The main similarity was a ridiculous number of objective kills I got with soldier, something like 45 obj kills of 62 total elims.

I've never been more keenly aware of mei ultimates!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Chiming in to say that the 6 Soldier Stack is a blast. Volskaya Industries on defense looked hopeless, as we were backed into the second point with 8 minutes left on the clock.

Nobody even had to say anything. We all understood that it was time to becomes soldiers. No Lucio or other supports so it was a little more fair, and it got pretty intense as the enemy team got more desperate. I'm sure a single ultimate push would've won the game for them but they were too salty to coordinate.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mister Fister posted:

I've never been more keenly aware of mei ultimates!

:v: hey, as long as it helped

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HellCopter posted:

Chiming in to say that the 6 Soldier Stack is a blast. Volskaya Industries on defense looked hopeless, as we were backed into the second point with 8 minutes left on the clock.

Nobody even had to say anything. We all understood that it was time to becomes soldiers. No Lucio or other supports so it was a little more fair, and it got pretty intense as the enemy team got more desperate. I'm sure a single ultimate push would've won the game for them but they were too salty to coordinate.

Crushed Numbani with an almost full dad stack yesterday in honor of fathers day.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

HellCopter posted:

Gimmick teams have the psychological advantage, that's for sure. Like people stacking a bunch of Torb turrets on the last point, or posting up multi-Bastions covering each other or whatever. Everyone on the other team is thinking 'that's so easily countered if someone would just go X' but no one wants to be the one to do it.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Here's the most recent statement I could find: http://www.develop-online.net/news/blizzard-blames-misunderstanding-and-confusion-for-overwatch-server-tick-rate-criticism/0221405

In short, it would cause compatibility problems for about 20% of the playerbase, and they're not going to throw out 20% of their market in order to make the game slightly better.

Guess its back to cs for me, also changing the refresh rate would be a signifigant improvement, a hugely significant improvement.

No shooter in 2016 should have such a low refresh rate.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gettin real tired with the lack of roadhog memes and fan art.

we get it, reaper and dva are little kids while soldier 76 is dad loving christ

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Countblanc posted:

They really need to make it so joining a group doesn't kick you out of your current game.

I recently got put in a game with a friend of a friend. He had a 5 stack and I was the 6th in some kind of glorious freak circumstance for us to be paired on the same team - I don't think I've ever commended his card or preferred him, but maybe BlizzFriends would tilt the thing.

So halfway through the game he noticed that I was a friend and not some lame pubby and invited me to join his group. When I attempted to join, the game said, "Leaving your game in 5..."

To join a group in a game that you are mutually already a part of, Overwatch wants you to leave the game.

:psyduck:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Snatch Duster posted:

Well, there's this person:

and

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

x

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
roadhog is powerful while junkrat is a poo poo

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Speaking of Roadhog, a Reinhardt charged me off the cliff on the final checkpoint of Gibraltar.
I flew off while he managed to stop right before the edge.
I think he even had the nerve to emote as I fell.

Then I hooked him and took him down with me.
His reaction in chat?

"THAT WAS AWESOME!"

This game sometimes.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

BobTheJanitor posted:

Gimmick teams have the psychological advantage, that's for sure. Like people stacking a bunch of Torb turrets on the last point, or posting up multi-Bastions covering each other or whatever. Everyone on the other team is thinking 'that's so easily countered if someone would just go X' but no one wants to be the one to do it.

We did a silly 3 Bastion / Reinhardt / Reaper / Mercy attack on Hanamura today. The enemy didn't expect it and we capped A quickly. They put a couple Pharah's in their lineup to try and hold point B and it did on the first push, but then on the second push we scored a Team Kill ( just as I reached the point B entrance). It was just a mercy and me on the point and I ulted and heavily damaged like 4 of them while my teammate Bastion covered us from above (he got the PotG). The Mercy rezzed me when I died to ensure the cap.

a cat on an apple posted:

I recently got put in a game with a friend of a friend. He had a 5 stack and I was the 6th in some kind of glorious freak circumstance for us to be paired on the same team - I don't think I've ever commended his card or preferred him, but maybe BlizzFriends would tilt the thing.

So halfway through the game he noticed that I was a friend and not some lame pubby and invited me to join his group. When I attempted to join, the game said, "Leaving your game in 5..."

To join a group in a game that you are mutually already a part of, Overwatch wants you to leave the game.

:psyduck:

That's just a display message, you don't actually leave the game if the rest of your group is in your game. I had one of those who invited me to group so we'd get the group XP bonus.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That's just a display message, you don't actually leave the game if the rest of your group is in your game. I had one of those who invited me to group so we'd get the group XP bonus.

Wow, groups get an XP bonus? The poor solo-queuing chumps on the other team getting stomped by groups should be getting a bonus too. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
C9 just secured Alienware finals spot with a Bastion, who got PotG. Makes you think!

Captain Gordon fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 20, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Bastion has been a comp counter pick hero for a while now, particularly against Winston and other tank-based strats. He also sorta mulches Tracer but she hasn't been seen much outside of KotH recently

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Tracer probably has problems against teams that communicate her position at all times and only chase her smartly, and have the twitch accuracy enough to follow her blinks without getting disoriented or wasting time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm 90% certain i've hooked myself out of the well in ilios before after getting knocked in by a pharah's concussion grenade. I hooked myself up to the same pharah, killed her in the sky, and landed on the enemy team's mei wall, where healed to full.

I have played ZERO games as McRee or Mercy, those characters seem incredibly boring to me, and DVa seems hard to play compared to the other tanks, everyone else has clicked for me (except Hanzo, i'm just super duper bad at hanzo, or indeed any archery based character in any game ever, except for the legend of Zelda).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

a cat on an apple posted:

Tracer probably has problems against teams that communicate her position at all times and only chase her smartly, and have the twitch accuracy enough to follow her blinks without getting disoriented or wasting time.

Maybe, I think it's more that the most commonly played maps (Kings Row, Hollywood) don't really give her space to move around or flank. There's something of a fallacy that comp players don't make mistakes, and Tracer being hard to track definitely transitions to higher level play as well since those Tracers are going to be moving in much trickier ways and landing headshots very consistently - Scout continues to be one of the most busted classes in TF2 and it's probably easier to track most of the time than Tracer is, but the maps played in Comp TF2 have lots of open space to run around and fewer chokepoints compared to the popular OW maps.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bust Rodd posted:

DVa seems hard to play compared to the other tanks

This is because she is currently not very good, not because her learning curve or skill cap is higher than the others.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Countblanc posted:

They really need to make it so joining a group doesn't kick you out of your current game.

Also, if a player has friend drop-in enabled and is playing solo, let me join his "group" from menu instead of having to whisper him to invite me.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

I have played ZERO games as McRee or Mercy, those characters seem incredibly boring to me

I've found Mercy surprisingly fun. I did a fair bit of 'oh fine if no one else is doing it I'll be the Medic' in TF2 and I figured this was just going to be more of the same, but she's fast becoming my favorite support. Being able to zip around to teammates is fun, and the simple fact that you can instantly switch from damage boosting to healing your target means that there's some fun quick mental calculation involved in what the best play is when you're latched on to someone and they round the corner into an enemy.

I'm finding Lucio to be the least interesting support, even though I started out thinking he was pretty awesome. There's just not a lot of interesting decision making with him. Since his healing is all passive, outside of boosting whenever you can do so and there are enemies nearby, he's mostly just a guy with a weak-ish weapon that can sometimes get a funny knockback kill. Even his wallride abilities are rarely useful, since the mapmakers at Blizzard kind of went overboard on the balance between map aesthetics and functionality. Usually seems like you can ride only 5 feet before hitting a pillar or a lamp or something that knocks you down. Of course the general map clutter is a problem on almost any character when you're trying to back away shooting and inevitably snag yourself on a bush or a table or an ornate door frame or something.

With you on McCree, though, he may have needed the nerf but now he doesn't seem to have much to do except take potshots at people while waiting for his ult bar to fill up. Gameplay feels like a more generic version of Soldier:76, and that's saying something.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
using the speed boost properly is a big part of really minmaxing lucio but that doesn't really come up when playing with pubbies and/or bad players.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Zoness posted:

using the speed boost properly is a big part of really minmaxing lucio but that doesn't really come up when playing with pubbies and/or bad players.

Yeah I could see him being more interesting with a coordinated team. At the quick play level speed boost is pretty much for hitting when you come out of spawn and dragging along anyone who happened to walk into the same ult that you did.

Edit: They should give his alt fire a projectile reflect so I can relive my Pyro glory days

E2: vvvv A Reinhardt who didn't know that his shield will just absorb the entire ult. :sad:

BobTheJanitor fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 20, 2016

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just got to experience a 5 dva/1 lucio game on king's row. It was magical watching the enemy team cycle through hero's trying to find the right counter. They eventually got something resembling a counter but it was too late as it had gone to overtime. I dropped my mech on the point and watched as a reinhardt valiantly pushed it away from his team....only for three more ults to get dropped on the point behind him. :allears:

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

Fibby Boy posted:

Just got to experience a 5 dva/1 lucio game on king's row. It was magical watching the enemy team cycle through hero's trying to find the right counter. They eventually got something resembling a counter but it was too late as it had gone to overtime. I dropped my mech on the point and watched as a reinhardt valiantly pushed it away from his team....only for three more ults to get dropped on the point behind him. :allears:

all reaper would put that to bed really quicklty

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Captain Gordon posted:

C9 just secured Alienware finals spot with a Bastion, who got PotG. Makes you think!

Is there some tournament going on? Can you post/pm a link? I couldn't find one on twitch.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

sex idiot posted:

all reaper would put that to bed really quicklty

Ironically enough the enemy didn't try reaper in either half of the game. I saw Genji, Hanzo, Reinhardt, Junkrat, Symmetra, Soldier 76, Bastion, Widowmaker, Winston, Zenyatta, and Pharah. No Reaper ever.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
it is kind of astonishing how some players don't really grasp what counters what I guess. props to them for trying so many different heroes at least, as opposed to bashing their heads into your lineup the whole time, I suppose.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Friendly Lucio's booping easy targets away is starting to reach bad ice wall levels of annoyance for me. You'd think that an iceblocked Mei surrounded by a mccree and a Roadhog would be under control, but let's go ahead and knock her away so she can drop an icewall and escape :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

BobTheJanitor posted:

I've found Mercy surprisingly fun....

Same actually. I quite enjoy playing Mercy and just constantly zipping from hero to hero trying to put out fires, and when you see everyone is topped up then turning on the damage boost. Because her ult charges with healing, if you've got a couple of tanks like Reinhardt and Zeraya, keeping them topped up on health means you've got your ult online really quickly.

I started out enjoying Zenyatta most as support (and I still like him) but his lack of any mobility tools can be very frustrating, whereas Mercy's flight is on a super low cool down and can get you in and out of trouble whenever you need it.