Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I had hopes for this (stupid girl) simply because it would have a been a kick in the balls of every loving retard who ever uttered the word "cleganebowl" unironically.

They used it in the Behind The Scenes thing for this last episode. Is that something that writers coined way back or just another dumb internet thing that caught on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The latter, am pretty sure.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I had hopes for this (stupid girl) simply because it would have a been a kick in the balls of every loving retard who ever uttered the word "cleganebowl" unironically.

why exactly does it make you so angry?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hawowanlawow posted:

why exactly does it make you so angry?

Because he's just tired of all these games of thrones.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
NUNCLE

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cleganebowl has been a thing since at least 2011. I'm pretty sure we were using that phrase back in like 2008 or 09 in TBT. Possibly even earlier. There's been at least 4 Bad Threads, but I can never remember when any of them ended and started. The newest one started about 10 years ago I think.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

pooch516 posted:

They used it in the Behind The Scenes thing for this last episode. Is that something that writers coined way back or just another dumb internet thing that caught on?

CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE is an old /tv/ mainstay

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Still reeling over the fact that Anakin Skywalker turns out to be Darth Vader.

The writers really screwed up, here.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Speaking of Bran's visions, he has one where a white haired woman kills someone with a bronze sickle in front of Winterfell's heart tree. I wonder who Dany is executing and how she was convinced to swing the sword instead of dracarys them

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

esperterra posted:

Speaking of Bran's visions, he has one where a white haired woman kills someone with a bronze sickle in front of Winterfell's heart tree. I wonder who Dany is executing and how she was convinced to swing the sword instead of dracarys them

she has to put down the dragon because it killed children

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

you guys I just realized

the horse that saves Arya was Bran warging

it's like poetry, it rhymes

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

my only problem with this is that the vast majority of people voting are definitely just stupid and sore that dany is EVIL even though it's obviously something martin intended was going to happen.

also

quote:

because season 8 is a joke and an insult to the fans who have invested 7 years of their lives into this... If HBO wants to keep having fans they should respect them.

lol

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Every single person who signed that will watch all the spinoffs anyway

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I've been a fan of the show the whole time and pretty much enjoyed every single episode.

I do enjoy the scheming/plotting more than the action/dragons/sfx stuff but it's all good.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Amarcarts posted:

I've been a fan of the show the whole time and pretty much enjoyed every single episode.

I do enjoy the scheming/plotting more than the action/dragons/sfx stuff but it's all good.

Olenna Tyrell is a billion times more interesting than anything involving Daenerys.

They should remake season 5-8 and open it with Dany slipping in the tub and dying.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Who was the blonde guy leading the army in front of the walls? he gets speared to death by grey worm. I'm assuming he's some random Lannister.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

hemale in pain posted:

Who was the blonde guy leading the army in front of the walls? he gets speared to death by grey worm. I'm assuming he's some random Lannister.

that's captain of golden company harry striker

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

hemale in pain posted:

The guy who died from clean burning propane exploding behind him? No idea

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

hemale in pain posted:

my only problem with this is that the vast majority of people voting are definitely just stupid and sore that dany is EVIL even though it's obviously something martin intended was going to happen.

Did people get angry when Cersei committed 9/11?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

steinrokkan posted:

Did people get angry when Cersei committed 9/11?

everyone knows Qarth funded the wild fire that brought down the sept

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 15, 2019

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Bush did High Sept

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like Robert's pragmatist strategy of "yeah actually kill that girl just in case poo poo" was the correct one

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Dragon fire doesn't explode stone houses.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Moridin920 posted:

Looks like Robert's pragmatist strategy of "yeah actually kill that girl just in case poo poo" was the correct one

the real problem was actually 17 years earlier when tywin killed rhaegar's kids

if robert kept them around storm's end or w/e dany/vsierys had no claim to the throne, and then you marry your heir to the targaryen girl while making the male targaryen guy night's watch dude problem solved

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Bombadilillo posted:

:laffo:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Olenna Tyrell is a billion times more interesting than anything involving Daenerys.

They should remake season 5-8 and open it with Dany slipping in the tub and dying.

Olenna and Tywin were so fuckin good

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Snow Cone Capone posted:

you guys I just realized

the horse that saves Arya was Bran warging

it's like poetry, it rhymes

actually it was jaqen h'ghar

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Bombadilillo posted:

dammit bombadilillo

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Her and Tywin propped the show up for me. Jon open mouthed from seasons 1 - 8 did not.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
It makes sense now that all the Southerners make fun of the Northerners fear of winter. After a decade of summer and half a decade of fall winter in the South means a bit of wet snow and some overcast days. Winter is coming, so pack a light coat or a hoodie.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Typo posted:

the real problem was actually 17 years earlier when tywin killed rhaegar's kids

if robert kept them around storm's end or w/e dany/vsierys had no claim to the throne, and then you marry your heir to the targaryen girl while making the male targaryen guy night's watch dude problem solved

if only DnD had put in their requisite 1000 hours in Crusader Kings the show might have turned out ok.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Did killing the NK end winter? Or was that just incomparable with our desert battle

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Did killing the NK end winter? Or was that just incomparable with our desert battle

One of the extremely important things they never mention, just like how many surviving offscreen mooks Dany has left in her army after Winterfell and getting ambushed at sea yet again, and whether taking and holding King's Landing without the dragon burning it to the ground was ever feasible

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
This show sucks dick, and not in the good way

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Their alt-history Confederacy show is going to be so bad.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO David Benioff is the guy who wrote

"And in the epic finale, on top of a nuclear power plant cooling tower, Wolverine fights Deadpool, who now has arm swords and shoots eye lasers and can teleport and he has no mouth"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Trast posted:

Their alt-history Confederacy show is going to be so bad.

i can't loving wait :yeshaha:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

LMAO David Benioff is the guy who wrote

"And in the epic finale, on top of a nuclear power plant cooling tower, Wolverine fights Deadpool, who now has arm swords and shoots eye lasers and can teleport and he has no mouth"

lmao jesus he was responsible for that???

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
how deep does these motherfuckerses poo poo-well go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
he also wrote 1 ok episode of its always sunny in philadelphia so lets give this man unlimited money to make the dragon rape politics show imo