Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Heather Papps posted:

i wonder do cetaceans ever get spine issues? like if a whale does a big jump and lands weird i bet it's "back" gets hosed up but floating around all day must be pretty comfy

hump back whales are all like "oof my hump"

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
my hump, my hump, my lovely whaley hump

Heather Papps

hello friend

Dr. Honked posted:

my hump, my hump, my lovely whaley hump

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Yeah I love the Black Eyed PEAS, will.i.am, Fergie, those other guys, it's great

cruft

Dr. Honked posted:

shout out to the CD4011BE quad NAND gate on page 4011

a very useful chip

Nerrrrrrrrd

No of course I don't know exactly what this is and where you might use it, why do you ask

gormless goblin

who is "peas" in black eye peas ??

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dr. Honked posted:

a very useful chip

cruft posted:

Nerrrrrrrrd

No of course I don't know exactly what this is and where you might use it, why do you ask

One of you teach me your nerd ways because I don't understand the significance of this particular chip, even though I'm aware of the basics of what a NAND gate is. I wanna be in the know!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

cruft posted:

Nerrrrrrrrd

You''d use it on a breadboard which is a tasty piece of plastic you stick wires into to connect and test chips. You wouldn't build something at production scale with a NAND gate that large. (NAND is a NOT+AND gate)

It returns 1 unless both inputs are 1, then it returns 0. (so on a breadboard, 1 is the light is on 0 is the light is off)

sig by owlhawk911

Nostalgia4Butts

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

z80 crew up in here

FPzero

Game Over
Return of Mido

pixaal posted:

You''d use it on a breadboard which is a tasty piece of plastic you stick wires into to connect and test chips. You wouldn't build something at production scale with a NAND gate that large. (NAND is a NOT+AND gate)

It returns 1 unless both inputs are 1, then it returns 0. (so on a breadboard, 1 is the light is on 0 is the light is off)

can't you just test chips by eating them. that'll tell you the flavor profile pretty well.

sig by Heather Papps!

cruft

Saoshyant posted:

One of you teach me your nerd ways because I don't understand the significance of this particular chip, even though I'm aware of the basics of what a NAND gate is. I wanna be in the know!

If you need 4 NAND gates, you might find the DIP package on this easier to work with than the four individual transistors.

Or, these days, you'd have some tiny-rear end SMD component that at least you'd stand a chance of holding in place with some tweezers while you solder it to the breadboard, as opposed to a micro-rear end single transistor.

That's pretty much it.

cruft

FPzero posted:

can't you just test chips by eating them. that'll tell you the flavor profile pretty well.

For real one time i got a resistor confused with a stray piece of pepper. I have to do all my work on the kitchen table. Small house.

cruft

The pepper had the wrong resistance for the circuit.

FPzero

Game Over
Return of Mido

that's unfortunate, chips should have just the right amount of resistance. the crunch on a chip is a very important part of the experience, second only to the flavor profile, but right in front of the "is this chip going to shatter badly and stab me in the mouth when i bite into it" factor

sig by Heather Papps!

pixaal

ever byte into a soggy chip?

sig by owlhawk911

Finger Prince

pixaal posted:

ever byte into a soggy chip?

Yup.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

posting in solidarity with my aching back friends. i literally feel your pain rn

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

pixaal

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

posting in solidarity with my aching back friends. i literally feel your pain rn

I used to get a back pain all the time, then I started using a flatter pillow. Now I get acid reflux unless I sleep on an include. Can't, win. I think I have a good rotation to keep both in check for another decade or two before it finally catches up with me and I gotta pick my poison.

sig by owlhawk911

cruft

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I used to get back pain like you. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

cruft

Now it's mostly knee pain, I don't notice the back so much.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

pixaal posted:

I used to get a back pain all the time, then I started using a flatter pillow. Now I get acid reflux unless I sleep on an include. Can't, win. I think I have a good rotation to keep both in check for another decade or two before it finally catches up with me and I gotta pick my poison.
i use a real flat pillow! have you tried raising the head of your bed a few inches? it only takes like 2" for me and it really helps my reflux (and sinuses!)

Goons Are Gifts

hello hi ive been away from posting because I have been busy eating and everything but there is so much news i dont even know where to start but the biggest point is that right now I am having a pizza

Escape From Noise

Goons Are Great posted:

hello hi ive been away from posting because I have been busy eating and everything but there is so much news i dont even know where to start but the biggest point is that right now I am having a pizza

Nice! I had two pizzas for lunch.

cruft

Goons Are Great posted:

I'm picturing this going down exactly like your av.

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

post the pizza imo

at least tell us what toppings were on it, should it already be too inside of you to photograph without your doctor's help.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

this is a stirring victory over the forces of not having a pizza, congratulations!!

ty nesamdoom!

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

post the pizza imo

at least tell us what toppings were on it, should it already be too inside of you to photograph without your doctor's help.

Talk to your doctor about whether internal digestive tract photography is right for you.

cruft

Everything is wired up, I'm just waiting to hear back from the main HVAC dude now. I might be turning this on within the hour. WOM me!

Goons Are Gifts

i have gained, wait for it, almost 5kg or 10 pounds or whatever in the past few weeks and I am now actually on a path of no longer being lethally ungoony. Still a very, very long way to go, but I will leave hospital world on the day byob gets deleted and everyone is incredibly positive that this time it's going to be good because it already is

cruft

Goons Are Great posted:

i have gained, wait for it, almost 5kg or 10 pounds or whatever in the past few weeks and I am now actually on a path of no longer being lethally ungoony. Still a very, very long way to go, but I will leave hospital world on the day byob gets deleted and everyone is incredibly positive that this time it's going to be good because it already is

Awesome to hear your colon is working again!

A lot of people don't like to talk about colons but they're pretty much all I ever want to talk about.

Fun colon fact: if you type out a bunch of them it looks like the kind of colon your body uses to turn food into poo! Check it out:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Imagine GaG's masticated pizza in there and you're halfway to a medical degree.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Goons Are Great posted:

i'm glad to hear this very good news about your giblets

pixaal

Goons Are Great posted:

You'll be posting from home in no time! Your going to have to do some work to get your chair back to how it was though it's had time to air out so you need to push more farts into it.

sig by owlhawk911

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Goons Are Great posted:

:toot: :c2b: and :fart:

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

:peanut: very glad to hear this friend, keep it up! :burger:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
fard and shid and don't ded

Heather Papps

hello friend

that's five pounds per buttcheek!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Manifisto

Heather Papps posted:

that's five pounds per buttcheek!

you don't know this, gag's notion of fitness and beauty may not conform to your plebian symmetry standards

ty nesamdoom!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
thread is making me want to dig up my arduino stuff lol

I want to build an accessory for the arizer, but it's a Weed Idea and I am already barely able to attend to my life and that would take effort

but it'd be fun, so maybe it will actually happen lol

anyway, done with meetings early, countless bags of spicy air in, and I am glad it is friday

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Goons Are Great posted:

Goons Are Great posted:

:marc: Eat all the food. :jerky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Code Jockey posted:

thread is making me want to dig up my arduino stuff lol

I want to build an accessory for the arizer, but it's a Weed Idea and I am already barely able to attend to my life and that would take effort

but it'd be fun, so maybe it will actually happen lol

anyway, done with meetings early, countless bags of spicy air in, and I am glad it is friday

he'll yeah make stuff!