Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I've never watched basketball (i maybe would but all the games are on at like 1am uk time) and it's just as funny as HH imho

it's cool to have the videos now too even though they're 90% andy's screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is Pistol Shrimps still accessible? It won't help, at all, but also seems like a pleasant way into Basketball

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Paul Scheer's laserdisc story today on the minisode was incredibly epic :v:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

goddamn the song at the end of this weeks flagrant ones is the best yet

https://soundcloud.com/charles-hoffman-387459183/flagrant-tribute-1721-135-pm

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Fellatio del Toro posted:

goddamn the song at the end of this weeks flagrant ones is the best yet

https://soundcloud.com/charles-hoffman-387459183/flagrant-tribute-1721-135-pm

that track is just actually very good, not "good for a joke song" lol

also the 'sean writes the first half, hayes the second' pro edition was one of the funniest things they've done in a long time. "and this guy is a professional writer, it's what he does for a living, and he was given a creative assignment, and he's being the biggest baby in the world about doing it"

eke out fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 22, 2021

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

eke out posted:

that track is just actually very good, not "good for a joke song" lol

also the 'sean writes the first half, hayes the second' pro edition was one of the funniest things they've done in a long time. "and this guy is a professional writer, it's what he does for a living, and he was given a creative assignment, and he's being the biggest baby in the world about doing it"

I screamed at the song at the same time Hayes did and then i rewound and listened to it 3 more times back to back on my way home, its such a good song

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Carl Calls His Cousin is ok. Not great. But this part made me laugh really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIkj0RMUe78

RestingB1tchFace fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 24, 2021

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Carl Calls His Cousin is ok. Not great. But this part made me laugh really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIkj0RMUe78

Carl Calls his Cousin is great! Love listening to dudes talk about stuff for half an hour

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I will not rest until Dalton Wilcox gets all 400+ episode of Bonanas. WE MUST STORM EARWOLF

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Lily Sullivan's new podcast Going Deep is solid two episodes in and she's had great guests so far.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Carl Calls his Cousin is great! Love listening to dudes talk about stuff for half an hour

Definitely liked that they dove into how they met in today's episode. I was curious about Carl's relationship to his cousin. Knowing that they were both UCB guys that kind of knew who each other were....but had no idea that they were actual cousins until another family member mentioned it was an interesting development.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Carl Calls His Cousin rocks.

I'm like that HDTGP is taking an episode a month to chill out on bad games. They've got me to check out a few really fun games

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Consummate Professional posted:

Carl Calls His Cousin rocks.

I'm like that HDTGP is taking an episode a month to chill out on bad games. They've got me to check out a few really fun games
you should play hades

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I've liked a lot of their work but Hades is peak Supergiant. It's a good game to chill with or take seriously.

Also I thought Carl Calls his Cousin was going to be a gimmick with rotating guests instead of literal. It absolutely works as is and talk about an easy gig.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 26, 2021

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Carl Calls His Cousin but they review all 400+ episodes of Bonanza.

And the Chief of the Acme Detective Agency is there too

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
drat. Sounds like on the final Bonanas episode of the season they're in negotiations with Stitcher for the next season again. Was really hoping Gourley was going to get Andy to go indie.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Carl Calls His Cousin but they review all 400+ episodes of Bonanza.

And the Chief of the Acme Detective Agency is there too

Chief calls her sister

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Nine minutes into the Carl Tart Hollywood handbook before the actual theme song starts, everything before that is ads. Come on. Are used to always listen to the ads but I wouldn’t watch a TV show that took 10 minutes to start

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Golden Bee posted:

Nine minutes into the Carl Tart Hollywood handbook before the actual theme song starts, everything before that is ads. Come on. Are used to always listen to the ads but I wouldn’t watch a TV show that took 10 minutes to start

the stitcher feed doesn’t have ads :thunk:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's a video version of that ep on the patreon but idk how often they're doing that

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

feedmyleg posted:

drat. Sounds like on the final Bonanas episode of the season they're in negotiations with Stitcher for the next season again. Was really hoping Gourley was going to get Andy to go indie.

For a bigger name (which Andy is) I think the ease of "record the show and not need to worry about subscriptions/production and all that other poo poo" can win out most of the time.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

I remember one HDTGM mini-episode that was 50 minutes long, and the first seven minutes of that were ads, with at least two further ad breaks in the episode too.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

As much as it pains me to miss out on Sean talking about another company he's making to compete against their sponsor for the millionth time, not listening to ads definitely makes HH a much better/tighter show, and anyone who's still listening to them now that they're half an hour has Stockholm Syndrome.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The ongoing saga of The Peaceful Post always makes me smile. Somehow it has more backstory than Santaman.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I feel like Scam Goddess has gotten a bit dull over the last couple months for a couple reasons, but I really liked the most recent episode on Hilaria Baldwin. The copious amounts of audio of Hilaria hanging herself over the years really helped.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Please enjoy this still frame from the most recent episode of Big Grande's Exit 42.

"Is...everybody's mouth okay?"
"We're just happy to see each other!"

(Both of their new shows are very good, by the way. )

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I really dig Exit 42 but I'm not nearly as charmed by Last Resort. I don't know what it is but I never found a good hook into it.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

feedmyleg posted:

I really dig Exit 42 but I'm not nearly as charmed by Last Resort. I don't know what it is but I never found a good hook into it.

I think for me, it felt too much like “legally unable to continue doing Teacher’s Lounge, so enjoy an approximation”. I still enjoyed it but wouldn’t have minded them shaking things up more.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Hail Mary
Full of grace;
Thank you for bein'
👏
my Ace."

The Senator Giroux posted:

I think for me, it felt too much like “legally unable to continue doing Teacher’s Lounge, so enjoy an approximation”. I still enjoyed it but wouldn’t have minded them shaking things up more.

I can get on board with this; as the season went on their characters all kind of slid into familiar archetypes (Scott-Skip became a complete sadsack who just has indignities piled upon him, Crooin' Dwayne's ego was all-encompassing, etc.) It's still an enjoyable listen with a narrative format you don't hear on other comedy podcasts.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I really liked it when Sean was on i4h or that time he went on CBB solo, he should do more non-hollywood handbook improv, branch out a bit IMO

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sean and Hayes are on the Doughboys today taking about Subway, if you need more S&H. Or talk about Subway.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Sinteres posted:

As much as it pains me to miss out on Sean talking about another company he's making to compete against their sponsor for the millionth time, not listening to ads definitely makes HH a much better/tighter show, and anyone who's still listening to them now that they're half an hour has Stockholm Syndrome.

I thought I liked the ads, but you may be right. Just saw this for today.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Snowmankilla posted:

I thought I liked the ads, but you may be right. Just saw this for today.

Is this from the Patreon feed or normal? I'm on the standard free RSS and I'm only bugged that they're running the same spots every week.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Long one is normal, short one is Patreon.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I downloaded it from patreon earlier and it was the long one

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Snowmankilla posted:

Long one is normal, short one is Patreon.

It's the other way around, the longer one is the Patreon episode. That's why "HH #381" is in the name of the longer one so they can distinguish between HH, HHPRO, TFO and CCHC on the Flagrant Ones feed.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Tavarin posted:

It's the other way around, the longer one is the Patreon episode. That's why "HH #381" is in the name of the longer one so they can distinguish between HH, HHPRO, TFO and CCHC on the Flagrant Ones feed.

Oh. Thanks. Then why the hell is the normal one so short? Does the main feed no longer have ads?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

Oh. Thanks. Then why the hell is the normal one so short? Does the main feed no longer have ads?

No ads anymore, yes

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Apparently the sponsors are okay with their ads only reaching patreon subscribers, who also have access to the free and ad-free version. And that HH ads version competes with the other patreon shows. All on the strength of The Boys' ad reads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Actually I just went to spotify and all the times are still listed as 45-55 minutes but when you play them they're 80-90 minutes and have ads. I guess someone figured out it didn't make sense.