Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Neither links work for me (in Korea) but strangely both of their apps work for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RuBisCO posted:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1016542

edit: I'm in Canada and that VIZ link works for me but whatever try this one

Oh sorry I meant the main series. Only the first 3 chapters are available

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Shibatarian chapter 2

what????

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Man, how did that top the amazing first chapter?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

RubberLuffy posted:

Shibatarian chapter 2

what????

Thanks for the heads up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Feels like it’s going to be a short series

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah this is shaping up to be an excellent short horror series.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Sindai posted:

Yeah this is shaping up to be an excellent short horror series.

Agreed.

I decided to look at the comments to see what people thought of it, and someone said that Sato was transmasc, which got me to reread everything in case there was something I missed in the first chapter. Pretty sure they're only basing that on the scene in Chapter 2 where Sato is topless, and the art kinda makes it look like he's had top surgery. I think it's just an artistic style at work, but I like the idea now. It doesn't change anything, but it would explain why Sato was a loner in high school that was vulnerable to whatever Shibata is without having to go into further detail

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Gash Bell 2.13: https://mangadex.org/chapter/9a945197-d96e-470b-9e8f-a3bdcfaa61b0

:hellyeah:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
And so, the comic assumes it's true form.

A musical.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'll admit, i was expecting this exact same scene but with brago.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Adorable chapter.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kanchome :cry:

e: Holy poo poo lmao post-timeskip Tio is buff

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 14, 2023

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Next time Tio does her tsundere schtick Gash is gonna fuckin die

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I see Tio completed her transformation into Sakura

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Praying for Tio to avoid the curse of the badass lady getting owned in shounen.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

She did alright in the original.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

New Gash Bell continues to be amazing. I love the Kanchome family.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Always Be Casting. And if, by methods fowl, you can't cast Cure, cast fist.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 14, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kachome did nothing wrong.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Holy poo poo, Tio got shredded!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Winning Pass is delightfully stupid

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Kachome did nothing wrong.

this was the page that let me know gash bell is back, baby

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Youre right its not the same without The Face

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
What, the one his characters make when they're running?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Kill Blue really feels like the author was just like “What if I made Sakamoto but he’s a kid?”

It was fine, but didn’t really have anything that stuck with me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

Sakamoto is so loving cool man

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
My senses tell me it’s time to enjoy Fabricant while it lasts.

Also:
Sakamoto. :allears:

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
The setup for Kill Blue is not very inspiring, but the first chapter was okay and I did like the bit where he gets all excited about learning stuff in spite of himself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fabricant still feels kind of weird that there's this big elaborate organization just to fight less than 70 guys.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I didn't read Takopi's Forbidden Sin after the initial premise was established, did it have as many twists as Ichinose Family?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

My senses tell me it’s time to enjoy Fabricant while it lasts.

Also:
Sakamoto. :allears:

Yeah, sales numbers for the first volume aren't great:

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1646751621240565760

I'm not digging the current arc tbh. I get the need to make Ashibi more useful, but the Spark concept makes it feel like a typical battle manga and makes the series less interesting

Ichigoki's Under Control: It ends as it started: with a wet fart. At least it got to wrap things up

Kill Blue: the setup is meh, but it could be fun if done right. MC falling in love with learning is a nice touch

(plz don't make one of those girls the mc saved a love interest thx in advance)

Tenmaku Cinema: blehhhhhh

Ichinose Family: I am really curious to see where this is going, because I'm wondering if the mangaka knows where it's going

Cipher Academy: so they're just getting rid of the glasses now? Wasn't that part of the entire premise of the series to begin with?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Fabricant still feels kind of weird that there's this big elaborate organization just to fight less than 70 guys.

I suspect Mortsafe actually has or at least had other purposes, and that people associated with Mortsafe having hidden agendas will be a major source of conflict down the line. There’s usually some sort of twist like that in monster hunter manga like this, right? It may SEEM like Soul Reapers exist to kill Hollows, but ACTUALLY their purpose is to keep God crippled to prevent the universe from returning to primordial chaos. It may SEEM like the purpose of Claymores is to kill Youma, but ACTUALLY they exist as part of an experiment to create super soldiers for a war against dragons.

Edit: Though Demon Slayer never did a twist like that.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 16, 2023

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, Demon Slayer is a completely earnest series about how people should help each other.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Demon Slayer made the smart move of not really giving solid numbers on demons or slayers aside from the top-tier guys so you could imagine whatever made sense to you.

I didn't think Mortsafe was that big but maybe I forgot a number. And of course the number of people with superpowers who can really fight fabricants is going to be even smaller if 95% of candidates drop dead immediately.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 16, 2023

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Akane-banashi has fully accepted its role as a shonen battle manga

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Terper posted:

Akane-banashi has fully accepted its role as a shonen battle manga

Gotta have something for Akane in the next Jump crossover game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i think kill blue can distinguish itself if it keeps leaning into the generation-gap theme. the protagonist is a disgruntled old guy forced to experience life with Those drat Kids, it's a neat hook

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

muscles like this! posted:

Well, Demon Slayer is a completely earnest series about how people should help each other.
Demon Slayer had a bunch of ways to magically expand the universe of the series if Gotoge had wanted to, which very well could've happened if whatever bad thing that happened to them didn't happen and the anime had hit sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Demon Slayer had a bunch of ways to magically expand the universe of the series if Gotoge had wanted to, which very well could've happened if whatever bad thing that happened to them didn't happen and the anime had hit sooner.

I don't really remember any hints of a larger setting. I guess if Gotoge had really wanted to, they could have revealed that Muzan was only the progenitor of Japanese demons, and that some European alchemists or whatever had independently performed similar experiments, resulting in vampires and the like.