Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TFRazorsaw posted:

Spader interacted with the cast. Like. There was stuff off camera where they bounced off each other, to give a sense of what they'd be playing off of.

When there's no interaction whatsoever and the actor is hi and bye I get nervous. I set my expectations low for Transformers where Peter Cullen has clearly never spoken to Shia Lebouf or Mark Wahlberg, but that's not a standard I'd want for Justice League.

It's not a big deal at all and is not unusual. There are many more things to be worried about regarding Justice League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The AT&T girl is Squirrel Girl

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Already a topic on in the TV thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3574760&perpage=40&pagenumber=397#post474227831

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

I now know that thread exists.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Lobok posted:

True, but we'd just be doing the comics justice. Her husband was the Goblin Goblin so her family was already completely boned. Unfortunately anyone within one degree of separation from Spider-Man is also one degree of separation away from a supervillain.

I genuinely can't tell if you made a mistake or if Peter has a villain called the Goblin Goblin. And I actually like Spider-Man comics quite a bit.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SonicRulez posted:

I genuinely can't tell if you made a mistake or if Peter has a villain called the Goblin Goblin. And I actually like Spider-Man comics quite a bit.

He's a turkey themed villain and that's both his name and catchphrase. Liz is beset on all sides by birdy bad guys. Her whole family's a fowl bunch.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

James Gunn is bringing back Shorts for GotG2

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I was kind of surprised about the end of Homecoming was them going out of the way to save Vulture. We still aren't completely out of the realm of villains dying at the end of superhero movies in order to clean things up.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Retro Futurist posted:

Good to see Burn Gorman getting more work

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Wait what? This going to be on the BRD release?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

According to Feige, one Homecoming reveal is not what it seems. Michelle still isn't Mary Jane. It's an easter egg, Michelle's initials are also MJ as an homage but she's not going to be Mary Jane Watson.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

They should just do the clone saga. Have Tom Holland fight Tom Holland in the next movie. He was the best part in the last one anyway.

Supposedly this was the plan for ASM3.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Aphrodite posted:

According to Feige, one Homecoming reveal is not what it seems. Michelle still isn't Mary Jane. It's an easter egg, Michelle's initials are also MJ as an homage but she's not going to be Mary Jane Watson.

Good. Clearly it's because I'm racist but I couldn't stand her character. I'm bored with the edgy, troubled, smarter than her teachers trope. I really can't think of a single thing she added other than some slight comic relief, but when the main character is a super hero known for his comedy chops, do you really *need* comic relief?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Medullah posted:

Good. Clearly it's because I'm racist but I couldn't stand her character. I'm bored with the edgy, troubled, smarter than her teachers trope. I really can't think of a single thing she added other than some slight comic relief, but when the main character is a super hero known for his comedy chops, do you really *need* comic relief?

"Why do comedians keep telling jokes during sets? I already laughed at one joke, why do I need to laugh at another?"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Aphrodite posted:

Sounds like the exact sort of waffling babble that they've been doing about the subject for months at this point. She's Mary Jane. For all intents and purposes, even if they literally never call her Mary Jane Watson out loud, she's the Mary Jane of this franchise. Frankly, the only reason they're still playing turnabout on this issue is to try and appease the morons who are still complaining about it.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Medullah posted:

She was edgy? Did I miss the scene where she made an offensive joke, then told anyone who got offended to kill themselves, followed by "God, can't you take a joke?"

Personally, I quite like that she prevented the cliche I thought was playing out, where the protagonist puts being a hero before the team-based responsibility and because he isn't there to be The Smartest Person, the team fails.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

Toomes is NOT a working class shlub. He wasn't one even before he got arms dealer money. He's lower upper class.

Small business owners are middle class.

Toomes was definitely sympathetic to me. Probably could have used the tech for something a little more constructive, but when you have to do everything under the radar because Tony Stark has a government sanctioned racket going that limits your list of potential buyers.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Chickenwalker posted:

Toomes was definitely sympathetic to me. Probably could have used the tech for something a little more constructive, but when you have to do everything under the radar because Tony Stark has a government sanctioned racket going that limits your list of potential buyers.

Eh, Toomes felt sympathetic to me but at some point you have to sit for a moment and realize you're a black market arms dealer selling plasma cannons out of the back of a van to a guy who wants to rob a 7-11.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There's finding a bad guy sympathetic, and there's thinking he's justified.

He's not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sounds like Sony wanted it one way and Marvel wanted it the other and they gave us a lovely compromise.

Nice to know I'm not the only one in the thread who didn't care for her very much.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You can shut up about it now

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Chickenwalker posted:

nobody is middle class

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Medullah posted:

That character was none of those things in the movie. Unless maybe you have a super broad definition of edgy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

You can shut up about it now

Okay, I'll just get back to hating on Ned.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

They should just do the clone saga. Have Tom Holland fight Tom Holland in the next movie. He was the best part in the last one anyway.

no, he fights Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield as Kaine and Ben Riley.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ned owned. Michelle was funny. The fleshed out high school crew was one of the best things about the film.

Spider-Man is known for his humour but Peter Parker isn't, so it's not like it's redundant to have additional comic relief. It worked well in Ant Man too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Okay, I'll just get back to hating on Ned.

Ned/Ganke is cool and good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

irlZaphod posted:

Spider-Man is known for his humour but Peter Parker isn't,

I would disagree but this is a movie and Peter's specific sense of humour isn't really the type to carry a fun, summer action/adventure movie all by himself and I'm never going to argue against Spider-Man stories/movies having strong supporting casts so yeah, it's definitely the right call to spread the laughs around to other people.

The Amazing movies always felt small and insular because of the supporting cast.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm just sad at the end of the movie there wasn't a Karen callback, but I understand why not because it wouldn't have meshed well with May's reveal

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The one thing that bothers me in this movie is Aunt May. I know there's a lot of supporting cast getting screen time + Stark/Happy, so the cuts had to come from somewhere. But there's no real mention of if May works, or what her job is if she does, or how she spends her time when Peter is in school. I hope we get to find a bit more about her in the next movie. Not that we need a whole loving nursing side plot but it'd be nice to see a bit of her life outside of Peter.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm pretty sure that May doesn't work and gets everything for free thanks to every single man being attracted to her.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Aunt May spends her days making wheatcakes for Peter.

But yeah, I was disappointed by a lack of May.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Calaveron posted:

I'm just sad at the end of the movie there wasn't a Karen callback, but I understand why not because it wouldn't have meshed well with May's reveal

Agreed, her interactions with Peter were some of the best moments of the film. She was a way better AI than Friday, so it'll be a shame if she doesn't return

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Soonmot posted:

no, he fights Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield as Kaine and Ben Riley.

I'm into it. Someone needs to write this movie.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I want a Spider character Legacy team up with Miles, Cindy, and Gwen with mentoring from Jessica Drew.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I pose a question to my fellow goons. If they were going to bring back Steve Trevor/Chris Pine for WW2, how would you want it done? Someone on Twitter suggested Chris Pine should play the grandson of Steve Trevor, who just so happens to look like Steve Trevor and have the same name. I just think something along those lines has been done before with Peggy/Sharon Carter and Captain America being in love with both and they just so happen to be related. Am I the only one that thinks it would be dumb?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

pubic works project posted:

I pose a question to my fellow goons. If they were going to bring back Steve Trevor/Chris Pine for WW2, how would you want it done? Someone on Twitter suggested Chris Pine should play the grandson of Steve Trevor, who just so happens to look like Steve Trevor and have the same name. I just think something along those lines has been done before with Peggy/Sharon Carter and Captain America being in love with both and they just so happen to be related. Am I the only one that thinks it would be dumb?

Gal Gadot has suggested WW should have a female love interest in WW2, which I'm fully on board with.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

pubic works project posted:

That's the obvious way to do it but I would rather not have Steve in it at all. If they do I hope it's not a straight up love thing and they maybe flirt a little bit but he ultimately ends up with Etta Candy's granddaughter like in Perez's stories.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If they were to bring him back, let's someone from the future pulled him from the plane from the explosion and he's an every man in the Legion it something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hi, Diana. My name is Trevor Stevens.

• Locked thread