Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In Path of Exile: Necropolis you will now be able to download your loot filters directly into blank skill gems and swap gems to swap loot filters for a more immersive experience while playing.

Every item hidden by the filter will reserve 1 life (or energy shield with CI) until you reactivate the loot filter skill to better integrate the filters into gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Every skill now needs a corresponding support gem. Socketing Fireball does nothing, you must also socket Cast Fireball Support (120% multiplier) to cast Fireball. These support gems are not sold by vendors and can only be found in barrels.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Selfcast Support Gem, 100% mana multiplier, 100% damage, -10% cast speed

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Shortcut support gem

To assign a skill to a button you need to link your skill to one of the new and exciting Shortcut support gems: Q W E R T MMC RMC
Limited to: 1

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
This is a fun game. Wanna cast fireball?

Socket: Cast Ability, Fire Damage Aspect, Spheroid Form, Explode on hit, Forward Moving Projectile

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Running now requires having Right Leg and Left Leg skill gems socketed in your boots.

Socketing Right Leg to the left of Left Leg will cause your character to trip over and inflict an unavoidable stun on themselves.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wemgo posted:

Socket: Cast Ability, Fire Damage Aspect, Spheroid Form, Explode on hit, Forward Moving Projectile

Isn’t this vaguely how NoX worked back in the day

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

wemgo posted:

fucks sake this is actually how I vewed poe when I was a green newb and what attracted me to it so fondly
drat, it sounds really fun!

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

Kind of? Maybe? I only ever played that a couple of times at a friends house.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
For Path of Exile: Necropolis we've heard your issues loud and clear. People have had concerns about trading, scams and other issues that make the experience much more frictional than it needs to be.

To combat these issues, we're adding two new types of skill gems: Trade Gems, and Trade Support Gems. These trade gems can have various different effects, such as increasing the size of your trade window or even automating certain trades at your hideout. Additionally they can be supported by various support gems that can add advanced trading functionality, such as scanning the window for currency or enforcing only certain items allowed for the trade. As part of this change, players will be unable to trade until they have found at least one trade gem and socketed it into their gear.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

wemgo posted:

You joke but I'd absolutely love a game that allowed you to do POE style skill building but more granular

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

wemgo posted:

m8 magicka is that way

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

whypick1 posted:

Running now requires having Right Leg and Left Leg skill gems socketed in your boots.

Socketing Right Leg to the left of Left Leg will cause your character to trip over and inflict an unavoidable stun on themselves.

Finally, PoE is doing a QWOP league.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Wonder if we'll see a support gem that gives spells a cooldown + instant cast time.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

https://x.com/pathofexile/status/1770194822252601851?s=46&t=RsOyG16u4IGUb6Fz9Vxrog

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
not having to constantly stop my rotations to buy invitations because none ever loving drop is a welcome change

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"Nerfoqolis" leaning back towards "Necroqolis" status.

Seriously though, very welcome changes.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
how many splinters per invitation tho

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Legit happy about this one.

Again, real curious about what they’re cooking for the league.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

How will this change the economics of maven rotations? Also, how will it impact the atlas skill tree?

Certainly makes stuff like Destructive Play less valuable, yeah? So it’ll be interesting to see how they modify those tree nodes.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
It depends.

Writs should be more scarce. Maven specific drops will be more expensive.

Boss rushing looks to be less lucrative, unless you can boss rush and farm invitations very efficiently.

E: corrected my very bad and very wrong first pass opinion

wemgo fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 19, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Uh, wouldn't dedicated Maven runners just buy Splinters/Writs from other people as per usual? And shouldn't there be more of them because it's less a PITA for others to run Invites after they've killed the bosses to do so?

Maybe that blurb at the end of Valdo's maps that offer Invites instead dropping Scarabs will apply to the small passives leading towards Throw the Gauntlet/Destructive Play as well.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rerolling fragments is amazing. Very nice for SSF people

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Captain Foo posted:

Harpoon + Berserker Charge ftw

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Uh, wouldn't dedicated Maven runners just buy Splinters/Writs from other people as per usual? And shouldn't there be more of them because it's less a PITA for others to run Invites after they've killed the bosses to do so?

Maybe that blurb at the end of Valdo's maps that offer Invites instead dropping Scarabs will apply to the small passives leading towards Throw the Gauntlet/Destructive Play as well.

Yeah, im dumb. Hopefully corrected my post.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I think this is a big gain for anyone who's doing maven farming, except for The Feared runners, because those were always dirt cheap and you just bought a bunch and only ran the 8mod ones due to the sheer cost of getting an invite ready. Also it'll be possible to brick your invite with vaal orbs and not be able to just resell it and grab a new one, I guess.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
On the bright side the call to arms support seems like its going to make slams playable.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Bashez posted:

On the bright side the call to arms support seems like its going to make slams playable.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

They activate multiple warcries and warbringer and go up in rage in the video as far as I can tell.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Bashez posted:

They activate multiple warcries and warbringer and go up in rage in the video as far as I can tell.

If it's "autocast all warcries at same time" then lol, lmao.

J
Jun 10, 2001

In the video it does look like enduring cry and infernal cry go off at the same time. We can see the enduring cry regen buff in the buff bar at the top, and infernal cry shows the exerted attacks remaining. The confusing part to me is that the call to arms gem doesn't say warcries are instant, yet they were in the video. Wonder if you still need to allocate call to arms on the tree to get instant warcries, or if that is just somehow missing from the support gem description.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I bet the call to arms keystone is gone

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
this most likely also murders general's cry, which :(

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

External Organs posted:

I bet the call to arms keystone is gone

Shouldn't be but if it is, then poo poo's hosed, and like, a lot

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Instant cast all warcries automatically actually kind of sounds too good, maybe that clip is before they all shared cooldowns or something.

Would fire casters be willing to spare 3 sockets for endurance charges/regen and a weak ash?

Edit: Mana costs are going to be awful for this, maybe that's the balance point.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 20, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The telegraphed explosions is a good solution. I like it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

The telegraphed explosions is a good solution. I like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksJkJ-6mPow

Visual clarity? In *my* Path of Exile?

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Continuing the list of "this should've been here 5 years ago" changes lol

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Or "before adding a new detonate dead common league enemy that regularly 1 shots people with insane defensive layers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

They could make the DD animation a giant skeleton that pops out the ground and points a 357 at you, I still ain’t seeing that poo poo with the three different layers of celestial garbage erupting from my dude