Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Man, Tulo's killing me, maybe even more so than Bill Buckner. Move Willie Davis to #2 in the batting order, and the Tulo vs. LHP/Wills vs. RHP platoon to #6. Also, may as well bench Buckner, start Wally Moon at 1B at Buckner's current place in the batting order.

Pitching's holding up, as expected, though I see Jesse Crain is out for a week; no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Right, everything seems to be going ok, so time to change my pitching and gently caress everything up. Could you please switch my pitching to the following;

1#- Stan Coveleski
2#- Sam Leever
3#- Deacon Phillippe
4#- Jesse Tannehill
5#- Roger Clemens

LR- Smoky Joe Wood

...with Jack Chesbro in the minors, please.

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 3, 2014

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

And if you're not down with that, I've got two words for you: Pick 'em!

UNIFICATION MATCH! Hardcore and Intercontinental Championships
both retain

Television Championship
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers (c)

UNIFICATION MATCH! Canadian and United States Championships
both retain

European Championship
Somali Pirates (c)

Heavyweight and Larkin-Downing Championships
Oklahoma City Bombers

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Do this stuff

Pander posted:

Send down Mat Latos, Jonathon Broxton, and Aroldis Chapman (Jesus his ERA :gonk:)

Replace them, respectively, with Ken Raffensberger, Roberto Hernandez, and Sam LeCure.

Send down Bautista and Ibanez, call up Sauer and Bruce.

New Lineup:

SS - Reyes
3B - HanRam
1B - Votto
CF - Beltran
C - Cooper
RF - Bruce
LF - Sauer
2B - Cano

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Rough month, but my starters did some well. Sooooo...

Time for some experiments:

Pitching wise:
Santana goes to LRP, Move Connie Johnson to S5 to see what he can do.

Lineup/batting:

Lets try some things.

Mark Grace to the Bench, replace him in the at 1B with Morneau against RHP, and Cuddyer vs LHP.

Otherwise lets give Mr. Nick "Slides head first into first" Punto a shot at Shortstop, sending Dunston to the bench.

Just slot those guys in at the exact same point in the batting order that the guys they were replacing were in.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Glad to see we're still in first but we had a losing record this month! That's no good!

Gonna make a few changes.

Take Curt Schilling out of the starting rotation. Switch places with Andy Pettitte.

For this month I'm going to experiment with Jason Varitek as my main catcher. Jorge Posada will only catch for 1997 Pedro Martinez

New Lineups:

vs. RHP

1. SS Derek Jeter
2. CF Bernie Williams
3. DH David Ortiz
4. LF Manny Ramirez
5. RF Vladimir Guerrero
6. 1B Jason Giambi
7. C Jason Varitek
8. 2B Alfonso Soriano
9. 3B Robin Ventura

vs. LHP

1. SS Derek Jeter
2. CF Bernie Williams
3. LF Manny Ramirez
4. RF Vladimir Guerrero
5. DH David Ortiz
6. C Jason Varitek
7. 1B Jason Giambi
8. 2B Alfonso Soriano
9. 3B Bill Mueller

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XII, Week 18: Life

NOTE: Because of the Pulaski Day holiday, I was unable to do analyses for each team.

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

BANGERS SOMEHOW LOSE TV TITLE TO BRONIES, NO ONE HAPPY

Brooklyn- In a bizarre twist of events that are almost too incredible to believe, the Brooklyn Bronies have completed a three-game sweep of the Fukuoka Finger-Bangers, winning the Television title and ending the Bangers 19-week reign with the championship.

The game itself was oddly tense throughout, as the Bangers, never down more than a run, seemed incapable of pulling ahead of the Bronies, despite how inconceivable that seemed. In the eighth, they made one last shot at winning the game, scoring a run to pull even with the Bronies at 2-2. But then Marauder squandered it all away, doing the one thing he knew he shouldn't, and yet was compelled to: putting Rollie Fingers in the game.

With Rollie on the mound, the Bronies put forth one last rally, scoring a run to take a 3-2 lead that would prove to be the final margin.

Afterwards, Marauder and Smasher Dynamo, who has been administering the team since the unpleasantness with Brooklyn Bruiser, with Dynamo not happy about how the game had ended, "I trusted you, Marauder, and this is what you do?" Dynamo yelled.

"Please, this is hardly the end of the world. The Bangers were going to be swept eventually, and I don't see why you are so angry about this." Marauder remained relatively calm.

Dynamo did not, "Because these are the Bronies! What if Brooklyn Bruiser had been in charge of them and you had been swept by him? Then what?"

"Bruzer is gone, and I don't think we'll see hime again, after all, his disgrace-"

"Shut up! Just shut up! Just go away, Marauder, you've done enough." Dynamo was clearly in a worse mood than usual.

Minutes later, he addressed reporters, "I never even wanted to take control of the Brooklyn Bronies. What I should have done, if I were smart, would have been to just keep Bruzer out of the league for good. But I didn't. No, I Was paranoid that the league needed as many owners as possible, because I live in constant fear that the league is falling apart and it's entirely my fault. Which is completely moronic for any number of reasons but, I figured, what the hell, I'll give Bruzer another chance. After all what was the worst that could happen?"

Dynamo sighed, "And, of course, we all know how that story ended. And now I have to deal with the wreck left behind, and this season will not loving end. So, I guess it's nice that Bruzer's team finally won some sort of championship. All they needed was him being permanently removed from the Super-League for them to win."

GAME NOTES

-Did anyone pick the Bronies to win this series?

-I would like to apologize for the recaps in today's update but, as you know, it is Pulaski Day and, as a resident of Cook County, I had certain obligations that I could not get out of, such as helping to build a statue of Casimir Pulaski out of wood, and, of course, finding a person of Hessian descent to beat up with the flat of a saber.

Box Score

Don May posted:

THUNDER TAKE TV TITLE WITH 6-5 WIN, DYNAMO ENORMOUSLY FRUSTRATED

Canberra- In fairness, compared to the first two games of the series, the Bronies did well to stay within one run.

Then again, the first two games had scores of 22-3 and 21-2, so that's not all that impressive when you think about it.

CthulhuDreams, who won the TV Championship thanks to his team's outstanding play, was also less-than-awed with the win, "Query: Does Television Title provide Thunder with bullpen arms? Analysis: It does not. Conclusion: Not of concern. Proceed with plan to make 7000 trades to acquire possible relievers."

As for Smasher Dynamo, still in charge of the shambling corpse of the Bronies, he was in an even worse mood than earlier in the week, "Some days, I really hate the Super-League. I say some days, because for a long stretch of my life, I had no created the Super-League, and therefore had no reason to hate it. But man, after a while, the strain of running this thing just starts to get to you, because there's just no end to it. It just keeps going and going, week after week, year after year, and for what? It all feels so pointless. And these recaps, these horrible, horrible recaps. I've done well over 1000 of them. And, at the end of the day, there's only so many things to write about."

"There's other stuff I want to write about other than baseball, you know. It's just that I'm not really a good enough writer to write about them, so I just do this instead. But now I have other people writing the games of the week in the EC, and everyone's trying to figure out just how disposable I really am. And given how super-corrupt my regime has been, that's not a good thing. But gently caress it! I'm technically in charge of the Bronies, and that means I can use this time to talk about whatever I Want."

Smasher Dynamo then paused to consider how he wanted to use the rare opportunity, "gently caress, who am I kidding, there's nothing I really want to say. I've got nothing. But, you know what's really hosed up? Even though I clearly have nothing to say, I still have to fill this space, because I feel compelled to. You guys wonder why I don't want to crack down on older teams in the Super-League, it's because of situations like this. You notice how there hasn't been a lot of Chi-Town Wests games written about? It's because, given the time and creative restraints I have, I can't think of anything for them to do. Why don't the Spooks get more attention? Well, first, they're historically awful, and so any games of the week would probably be kind of mean, but, beyond that, I never actually go through all of Earthbound, and, besides that, everytime I think of that team name, I also think of The Human Stain, and I never finished that, either."

Smasher sighed again, "And let's not even get started on the fact that everyone in the league seems in a constant state of near-panic about their teams. Granted, that's probably my fault for cultivating an atmosphere of doom and misery in the league, what with killing off the majority of teams after every season. But, you know, I don't think that's fair. I mean, you can't have life without death. It's the mortality of teams, the knowledge that nothing in the Super-League lasts forever, that's what makes it special." Smasher briefly scanned the crowd, "No, none of your are buying that, are you? Well, I loving tried. I remember back in college, my thesis advisor tried to sell me on Existentialism as a worldview. Seemed really depressing at the time, but he was probably right, except for the fact that I've never been quite able to build any sort of meaning in my own life. Okay, that's enough content, and now I can rest for a couple of days before I have to do it again."

GAME NOTES

-Again, sorry for the relative lack of quality. As part of the Pulaski Day celebrations in Chicago, I had to find a bottle of brandy buried in the park, and then douse the previously-erected statue of Pulaski in the liquor before setting it aflame, which commemorates that famous moment in the general's life.

-And, of course, once that was done, I had to help burn down the Austrian consulate, as that is the climax of every year's Pulaski Day celebration. The Austrians are pretty good sports about it, though.

Box Score

Don May posted:

INCONCLUSIVE SERIES ENDS WITH CONCLUSIVE FINAL GAME AS COBURNS SMASH TORNADOS 18-6

Cancun- Nothing much got settled in this series between two of the elite teams in the Dynamo League.

At the end of the day, the Coburns won two games, the Tornados won two games, and each team retained the minor championships they held going into the series. Still, the 18-6 rout by the Coburns that ended the series had to have at least some effect on the two teams, given the sheer scope of the Tornados' defeat.

For the Tornados, the loss will raise some questions about how prepared they truly are to handle the Coburns and Pirates in the playoffs. Given the struggles of the Burma Imperialists ever since they were afflicted with the Kurse of Ian Kennedy, and the large deficit the Detroit Protectors had fallen into as a result of their poor first half of the season, the Tornados seem almost a lock to win the Memento Mori Division and reach the postseason once more. The Tornados, however, have been there before, and come up empty each time. Realistically speaking, the road to the Super-League Finals will go through either Fort Sumner or Mogadishu, and with the Tornados almost certainly facing one of the Pirates and the Coburns in the first round and, barring a major upset, the latter in the Dynamo League Finals. If the Tornados want to make their first Super-League Finals, it's not enough to beat the Boneheads and Kernels of the world, they need to prove their mettle against the better teams in the league.

In that context, even though the Tornados did manage to split this series with the Coburns, today's game left a bitter taste in team owner UltimoDragonQuest's mouth, "When I am going to get that loving push? I've been hanging around the upper midcard for seasons now, just waiting to move onto the main event, but once again, it looks like, going into the playoffs, the same old teams are getting the spotlight, and we're just going to get put in some meaningless preliminary series in the playoffs. The Tornados should be playing for the Championship."

Warm Sarsaparilla disagreed, "There's no place for you, UltimoDragonQuest, in the world to come. Whatever back-and-forth game you might be playing with my brother, Viscount Slim [owner of the Burma Imperialists], well, it doesn't make a drat bit of difference whether or not you beat him or he beats you, because there is no chance in hell that you'll beat me in the playoffs. You think you deserve better? The Syndicate has ruled this league for ten seasons, and we/re going to continue to run things around here for the forseeable future. And I know, you don't like it, and you think that you and your sorry excuse for a team deserve to be champions. But I ain't never gonna let that happen."

His temper starting to flare, Warm Sarsaparilla continued, "You don't deserve to win, UltimoDragonQuest. The Syndicate wins because we deserve to win. We appreciate the league, we shoe it respect. You? You just show up here every few weeks or so, make a roster move or two, and then disappear. There's no love for the league there, no understanding of the Super-League as anything more than just a collection of numbers in a void. And you can accuse the Syndicate of cheating, or colluding, or what-have-you, but if there is one thing that's drat sure, that's that we love this league more than any of you. And because we love the league, because we truly care about it, we gotta make sure that punks like you, who never will understand its beauty, get put in their place. I did that today, and you'd better be sure that I'm going to do it again if we cross paths in the playoffs. And that's all there is to it."

GAME NOTES

-The Coburns drew 11 walks, and amassed 19 hits. That is how a great offense works.

-Mel Ott had six hits on the day, all singles.

-Bert Blyleven hit his second home run of the season, because the Tornados' pitching was that comically awful.

-King Kelly was quick to deflect the blame for his team's loss away from himself, "Clearly, you can't put this disaster on my shoulders, it was clearly the fault of two different factors. First, the pitching could not get the job done. Second, Riggs Stephenson, my tag team partner did not start today's game. I cannot say for certain that Riggs, by himself, would have made up that 12-run shortfall, but I am reasonably sure that he would have."

Box Score

Don May posted:

LLAMAS SMASH HIPSTERS GOOD, REAFFIRM COMMITMENT TO DINGER TEMPLE

Portland- Ironic detachment will only get you so far.

The Llamas, who have been playing well both in the Dinger Temple and on the road lately, delievered another good performance today, easily dispatching the Hipsters 7-0 in Portland.

The game featured only two Llamas home runs, as Portland's air is considerably thicker than that of the Himalayas, but they were able to carry the day thanks to a solid offensive performance and, perhaps more importantly, a great game from starter Dutch Leonard, who threw seven shutout innings before Joe Bush finish off the blanking of the Portland club. All in all, it was a good day for the Llamas going forward, as it proved they could win in normal conditions.

Not that team owner and grand lama of the Dinger Temple TheFlyingLlama has any plans to move the team to a less extreme home stadium in the near-future, "You all keep asking me what my intentions are in regards to the Dinger Temple, and I suppose it is time I gave you my response." Llama told reporters after the game, "The central question that you are fixated on is whether or not the Llamas can adapt themselves to the normal rules of the Super-League. But that is not the right question at all, not even close."

A demented smile appeared on Llama's face, "YOu see, that assumption, that we have to lower ourselves to the normal rules of the league, that we have to compete with the Coburns and the Pirates and all the rest on their own terms? That is why so many of you are lost. How many times do I see one of my brother owners get down on both knees and pray to the heavens for some sort of divine assistance against the powers of this league. Pray for more bats, more gloves, more pitchers, more and more so that they can compete. They are blind to the reality of the world, blind to the fact that no matter how much talent they can scrape together for their team, others will always have more. It is a game that you cannot win."

"But in the Dinger Temple," Llama continued, "We don't have to play their game. We play ours. And in our game, all teams are equal beneath the stars that shine so brightly through the thin air. The masterplans of men such as CthulhuDreams, men like gingemidget, even Marauder himself, all go to ruin up there, because the rules they are used to, the rules they use to keep my fellow owners weak and powerless, they have no power in the Dinger Temple. I have built a sanctuary up in the clouds where we are free from the greed of those entrenched powers."

Llama paused for a moment to collect himself, "Now, there are those among you who accuse us of bending the rules, of ruining the integrity of the league. And perhaps we are, for in the Dinger Temple, everything is different. But we will not abide the status quo in the Super-League. Our life is our own, and we shall lead it according to higher dictates."

GAME NOTES

-kensei, being ironically detached from the events of the game, instead wondered, "Is there any way I can keep being a hipster without having to acutally watch Girls? I only ask because it's hard. I mean, I know that it's critically-adored, and set in Brooklyn, but man, a story about rich white people in Brooklyn having exclusively rich white people problems? I'm trying to use all of the Hipsterism in me, but even I think that this is just a bit much."

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Analysis

Pulaski Day!

Standings

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Make Snider full time in CF and pair Ott with Furillo. Have fun with the severe beating of a Hessian!

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.
Your dedication to your craft is remarkable, Smasher. We traditionally celebrate Kazimierz Pułaski by falling off our horses (or an approximation thereof, such as a sofa), insensate. Thank you for updating.

So, not Sweeney, then. Righty-o. Guidry in for Sweeney. Try Righetti at closer, Howell as setup and Rijo in SR, sending down Dave Smith.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

GOD drat IT WHY CAN'T WE EVER SCORE AGAINST CTHULHU'S lovely PITCHERS

AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG

Also, please put Jose Reyes back in for Barry Larkin.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
So, one game away from sweeping the Rakers, and we both play again next week after relatively easy series... So obviously they're going to sweep me!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Time to deal with Soreness:
Riggs takes over at 2B, still bats second
Jeter replaces HanRam, bats seventh

Uh, gently caress I don't have a backup 3B guy. I guess
Cabrera moves to 3B, and Stuffy moves to 1B? McInnis bats 5th then.

Thanks.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Alright, sorry about this. Orders:

1.) Let's take Joba off the DL at the expense of Marmol.
I'll roll with a 5-man pen this week; I'm not gonna put Eck on the shelf for just 7 days.

2.) Heilmann starts in RF vs. both pitchers; Musial gets the week off

3.) Dick Allen is full-time starter in LF. Plug him into the lovely Rickey's slot in the batting order.
4.) The two Rickeys platoon CF and DH, with Good Rickey playing CF vs. RHP, and DH vs. LHP

...or if that's too much of a pain in the rear end to interpret:

Vs. RHP
1.) Young Rickey, CF
2.) Alomar, 2B
3.) Olerud, 1B
4.) Heilmann, RF
5.) Old Rickey, DH
6.) Frisch, 3B
7.) Allen, LF
8.) Fisk, C
9.) Ramirez, SS

Vs. LHP
1.) Young Rickey, DH
2.) Alomar, 2B
3.) Olerud, 1B
4.) Heilmann, RF
5.) Old Rickey, CF
6.) Frisch, 3B
7.) Allen, LF
8.) Fisk, C
9.) Ramirez, SS

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
As the marmosets approach the end of another season of baseball I take time to reflect on the simple pleasures involved in running a super league team. The time spent combing through feeder teams, guessing exactly who will do well and who is a flash in the pan, how to build your stadium to give you those tiny little boosts, is something I really enjoy.

Despite coming into the season wildly overestimating the effectiveness of the 88 Mets pitching, there have still been some fun times! Darryl Strawberry has been quite solid so far, although it's been downhill since an explosive start of the season. David Cone is somehow worse than the Todhunter, who by hook or crook I will find a way to keep for future teams. In fact, Todhunter is one of the pleasant surprises of the season. 50 innings of Sub-5 ERA ball is better than Dwight Gooden and David Cone did. Was the Zoilo Versailles for Cecil Travis trade worth it? Maybe not, in retrospect, as Smasher tried to tell us, but I just can't look at Zoilo's career and feel confident about his super league performance. Killebrew for A-Rod I stand by, as the increase in infield defense for a small decrease in production is something that helped a lot. If I can acquire another pitcher (jesus, I'm turning into Cthulu. 'NEED SP') I think I could really do well in the gauntlet, maybe even match the run I had last season.

Lineup changes will happen later. I just wanted to write about fantasy fantasy baseball.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Zodiac5000 posted:

As the marmosets approach the end of another season of baseball I take time to reflect on the simple pleasures involved in running a super league team. The time spent combing through feeder teams, guessing exactly who will do well and who is a flash in the pan, how to build your stadium to give you those tiny little boosts, is something I really enjoy.

Despite coming into the season wildly overestimating the effectiveness of the 88 Mets pitching, there have still been some fun times! Darryl Strawberry has been quite solid so far, although it's been downhill since an explosive start of the season. David Cone is somehow worse than the Todhunter, who by hook or crook I will find a way to keep for future teams. In fact, Todhunter is one of the pleasant surprises of the season. 50 innings of Sub-5 ERA ball is better than Dwight Gooden and David Cone did. Was the Zoilo Versailles for Cecil Travis trade worth it? Maybe not, in retrospect, as Smasher tried to tell us, but I just can't look at Zoilo's career and feel confident about his super league performance. Killebrew for A-Rod I stand by, as the increase in infield defense for a small decrease in production is something that helped a lot. If I can acquire another pitcher (jesus, I'm turning into Cthulu. 'NEED SP') I think I could really do well in the gauntlet, maybe even match the run I had last season.

Lineup changes will happen later. I just wanted to write about fantasy fantasy baseball.
Your pitching's goofy. Some pitchers are well below career K/9 (Cone, Myers), while others are :tviv: like Wagner and Pedro. With Pedro back in the rotation and Worthington kicking out Aguilera, you have a bit of hope in the Guantlet.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

ForeverBWFC posted:

So, one game away from sweeping the Rakers, and we both play again next week after relatively easy series... So obviously they're going to sweep me!

I very much doubt it, the Coliseum has not historically been all that Raker-friendly.

Time for the most predictable roster change in Super-League history!

Crawford down, Simmons up. Lineup becomes

3B Boggs
DH Cobb
SS Hornsby
1B Foxx
CF Mays
2B Collins
LF Simmons
C Cochrane
RF Kaline

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

I really hate to do a lineup after so much anger in an update, but with the imminent arrival of noted 62nd round draft pick Mike Piazza I wanted to try something new. At least interleague appears to be over so I only need to do one.

vs. Both
1. LF Rickey Henderson
2. RF Babe Ruth
3. SS The Machine
4. 1B Buck Leonard
5. CF Willie Mays
6. C Mike Piazza
7. 3B Frankie Frisch
8. 2B Lou Whitaker

Just pop Spud down to bring Piazza up, I guess. Lombardi should catch for Derringer, he'll be pitching pretty much every fifth day for the rest of the season.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
So now i'm not just learning about baseball, but also Revolutionary war figures. This is just turning all sorts of educational.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Expansion Cup July Injury Report

Chicago Corruption
Jose Bautista (RF) (Bad chicken) - 7 days
Miguel Tejada (3B) (That's not good for business) - 17 days
Walker Cooper (C) (That's not good for anyone) - Out For Season

Hill City Dinos
Heinie Manush (LF) (Writer's cramp) - 11 days

London Slayers
Max Scherzer (SP) (rip im sorry) - Out For Season

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

London Slayers
Max Scherzer (SP) (rip im sorry) - Out For Season

Nooooooooooooo, my only stable pony!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

One of these times I'll finally take my titles back from the Symphony.

Send down Mike Timeline for Walter Johnson. Put Walter at SP1 and Randy in long relief.

New lineup for next week to rest Mantle and Heilmann:

LF - Henderson
2B - Collins
RF - Waner
DH - Ramirez
C - Berra
SS - Vaughan
3B - Santo
1B - Torre
CF - Davis

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Orval Overal never should have been the #1 starter, let alone on the rotation. Curt Schilling went bankrupt immediately. Bob Ewing is garbage. John Smiley keeps smiling about how poo poo he is. You know what? gently caress it. Livan Hernandez to the #5 Starting spot.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Expansion Cup July Injury Report

Chicago Corruption
Jose Bautista (RF) (Bad chicken) - 7 days
Miguel Tejada (3B) (That's not good for business) - 17 days
Walker Cooper (C) (That's not good for anyone) - Out For Season
I better stick with hot ham water.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Pungry posted:

Orval Overal never should have been the #1 starter, let alone on the rotation. Curt Schilling went bankrupt immediately. Bob Ewing is garbage. John Smiley keeps smiling about how poo poo he is. You know what? gently caress it. Livan Hernandez to the #5 Starting spot.

I'd just stick with Schilling. he was poo poo for me for his first 6 starts then turned it around and had a not-awful season.

He'll do better than livan.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Still no injuries, still fearing the moment my entire team drops dead.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

vs. RHP no DH
3B Robinson
RF Speaker
1B Stargell
LF Williams
CF Trout
SS Cronin
C Kelly
2B Stephenson

Slime Knights are stealing my gimmick. :colbert:

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Okay, dudes.

Note to self: Create demonym for Super-League team owners

It is time to get a little clarity for what we're doing next season.

There is going to be a 24-team top league, but the composition of the bottom league is still a bit inchoate, so I'd like to get some input from you:

Would you prefer:

A) A 16-team lower league, with the division winners from the EC moving to the upper league. That would mean the top twenty teams in the Super-League this season stay in the upper league, with three Super-League teams getting moved down to the lower league, and the remaining eleven teams relegated out of existence.

B) A 18-team lower league, with the division winners from the EC moving to the upper league. That would mean the top twenty teams in the Super-League this season stay in the upper league, with five Super-League teams getting moved down to the lower league, and the remaining nine teams relegated out of existence.

C) Some other scheme.

The primary difference between the two is that two extra teams would survive in the latter scheme, but the draft pools will be weaker as a result.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Blood for the Blood God!
A

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
If I'm going down I'm taking others with me. (Also a better draft pool seems nice for new owners).

So A

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Have to go with option A. I don't know if nine teams are going to be enough for both the Dispersal and Super Drafts. If we're going to have 4 EC teams in the top league, we need to at least give them a stronger draft to try and keep them alive.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Well, my main concern is that the more spots there are available at one time, the smaller the expansion classes are probably going to be. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is up to you, but I kind of favor option A, which means it will come down to one vote and my vote will ironically cause my own relegation.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Well, my main concern is that the more spots there are available at one time, the smaller the expansion classes are probably going to be. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is up to you, but I kind of favor option A, which means it will come down to one vote and my vote will ironically cause my own relegation.

It's not going to be that big of an expansion, just six more teams each season, most likely.

And the league, back in the day, routinely had classes of only about ten teams, so it's survivable. And, realistically speaking, this should reduce attrition among owners...maybe. I don't know.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!
You really need at least 10 teams for the drafts. 6 for the dispersal still works, because the only difference is that round 4 is a bit longer, and the end of round 4 is generally still okay anyway so you don't really need to change it. However, 3 teams for the Super-Draft only just stretches over 34 teams, so there definitely needs to be at least one team added to the the Super-Draft pool in an expanded league. Therefore, I'm voting for the option where that extra team(s) is available, option A.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
i am a bad poo poo owner therefore I prefer B

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
HEY MR. COOL rear end PLEASE DO THESE THINGS YOU MAY OF MISSED:

Time for some new dark magic:

Start Ryan Zimmerman full time

Platoon Dolby and Kaline

Start Keunn at 2B

Send Neil Walker to the minors, bring up Rosen and have Rosen platoon with Grace.

NEW LINE UP:

1. Lou Boudreau (1947 Indians)
2. RF Platoon
3. Andrew McCutchen (2010 Pirates)
4: LF Platoon
5: Ryan Zimmerman
6: Harvey Keunn (1947 Cleveland Indians)
7: 1B Platoon
8. Al Lopez/Ryan Doumit
9. Pitcher

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

HEY MR. COOL rear end PLEASE DO THESE THINGS YOU MAY OF MISSED:

I did do the things, but the screenshots were taken before that. You have nothing to worry about, other than 2010 Jose Tabata getting starts in the corner outfield.

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.
I vote A. Could you split the super-draft between the two leagues (giving the lower division better teams)? Forty person drafts seem unwieldy.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
A

I'm curious how the Super Draft is going to work in the coming seasons, however. Do you have a specific plan for it yet?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

GOD drat IT WHY CAN'T WE EVER SCORE AGAINST CTHULHU'S lovely PITCHERS

AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG

Also, please put Jose Reyes back in for Barry Larkin.

:smuggo:

When you take away the walk, the home run and the stolen base, you need to hit a lot of singles to score runs and you just don't have that sort of offense.

Actually I have no idea it really is baffling.

Zodiac5000 posted:

If I can acquire another pitcher (jesus, I'm turning into Cthulu. 'NEED SP') I think I could really do well in the gauntlet, maybe even match the run I had last season.

Aside from spelling my name wrong, the correct impression is "TRADE ME A USEFUL SP YOU TOTAL WANKERS" x 1000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Normally i'd just leave it up to Smasher, but if either way it's the same amount of work, then i'd say A.