Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

How and why do you have Grath Telkin in gewns, how in the gently caress did you pull that poo poo off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

lite_sleepr posted:

Sickening has seen the Abyss, and found it welcoming.

The Flow must not be denied. Extirpate those would would deny the Flow.

I will bitch though that NPC ships that were EDENCOM weren't even listed as EDENCOM. Nothing in the details of the ship at all. They seemed like like regular Faction NPCs that you would get concorded for shooting at. It wasn't until i flew to the correct staging area and noticed PCs shooting them and then using my rookie ship to pot shot them.

If only the Interface told you enough to get you squared away with what is going on. PVE mechanics don't need to be shrouded in loving mystery.

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
Whoa, i think we're actually losing the war this time.

that's pretty rad mydudes.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Don't care if we lose personally because we can then go and take other space and have a new adventure :getin:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Imapanda posted:

Whoa, i think we're actually losing the war this time.

that's pretty rad mydudes.

This time?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Sickening posted:

Where can i even shoot a drat edecom ship? searching online leads me to zero loving answers.

JFC this game.

This actually screws up people and is NEVER explained properly.

Like said above, go to a system that just started getting invaded by the Trigs (use tha agency tab to find it).

Go to the smallest Edencom spawn (will show up in the agency tab again)

There will be some ships there (or they will spawn shortly) that are NOT a Trig or "Edencom" (like the new ships). Instead it will be racial navy ships for your region. Depending on your overview settings, they may or may not show up.

Kill ANY on the racial naval ships that spawn at your site, then warp out.

After the tick, you will lose like .02 standings with Edencom and no change with the Trigs.

Note: there are still some Trigs that will shoot at you. Not exactly sure if I encountered a bug or they are special somehow, didn't stick around to verify. But the gate camps will leave you alone.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ASAPI posted:

This actually screws up people and is NEVER explained properly.

Like said above, go to a system that just started getting invaded by the Trigs (use tha agency tab to find it).

Go to the smallest Edencom spawn (will show up in the agency tab again)

There will be some ships there (or they will spawn shortly) that are NOT a Trig or "Edencom" (like the new ships). Instead it will be racial navy ships for your region. Depending on your overview settings, they may or may not show up.

Kill ANY on the racial naval ships that spawn at your site, then warp out.

After the tick, you will lose like .02 standings with Edencom and no change with the Trigs.

Note: there are still some Trigs that will shoot at you. Not exactly sure if I encountered a bug or they are special somehow, didn't stick around to verify. But the gate camps will leave you alone.

To expand upon this, I saw the exact same gain with the trigs that I saw losses with Edencom. I am at .01 and -.01 respectively after shooting at a few ships getting blown up by another fleet. I asked if I could do just that in local and I think every person shooting at things invited me over.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

lite_sleepr posted:

I was in Am0k.

Didn't Rydis (forever my Sky Marshall) marry Ish?

Yes she did

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

AND she played Eve Online.

AND she was in Am0k.

So basically she's terrible at life choices.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

They've been dead for a long time. Hell, Grath is in GSF right now. (It's a dumb pseudo-eve-celebrity stunt, I think.) AFAIK most of PL went to NCdot or phorde.

I hope when he starts screaming at people, you guys tell him to shut the gently caress up because seriously no body cares how try hard that guy is.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I always laugh at how stupid he is in that recording of when they lost the rev to a setup. Like, a game famous for people doing long cons and social engineering somehow doesn't have people setting up other people?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

CainFortea posted:

I always laugh at how stupid he is in that recording of when they lost the rev to a setup. Like, a game famous for people doing long cons and social engineering somehow doesn't have people setting up other people?

I prefer Shadoo's meltdowns "ARMOR HACS ARMOR HACS ARMOR HACS"

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CainFortea posted:

I mean it was pretty stupid at the time, every time PL did a 'rapid deployment' there was a big post written by Elise or Penif or whoever was sky marshalling the nerds that pointed out who was based out of where, who their alts were, and if we were greenlighted to gently caress with them. Don't drink and hot drop.

Dalael posted:

Hedliner vs. Mr. Rive was my personal favorite, not nearly as commonly known though.

For posterity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfU4Rgh8tk0

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dalael posted:

That one certainly is a classic of the genre

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

They've been dead for a long time. Hell, Grath is in GSF right now. (It's a dumb pseudo-eve-celebrity stunt, I think.) AFAIK most of PL went to NCdot or phorde.

Most of PL quit.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

I mean it was pretty stupid at the time, every time PL did a 'rapid deployment' there was a big post written by Elise or Penif or whoever was sky marshalling the nerds that pointed out who was based out of where, who their alts were, and if we were greenlighted to gently caress with them. Don't drink and hot drop.

I wasn't defending them or anything, just pointing out how stupid grath is acting like setups literally are impossible. Because "YOU undocked"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Grath winds down a bit later in the recording after some people calm him down, it's pretty clear he's just incredulous that people were dumb enough to do dumb crap like hot drop with a rev within titan bridge range of goon staging.

I can tell by the later tone of voice that he's basically doubting the capability of other people in the call to remember to breathe without being instructed, he doesn't yell too much beyond like the initial minute or so.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 15, 2020

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

orange juche posted:

Grath winds down a bit later in the recording after some people calm him down, it's pretty clear he's just incredulous that people were dumb enough to do dumb crap like hot drop with a rev within titan bridge range of goon staging.

I can tell by the later tone of voice that he's basically doubting the capability of other people in the call to remember to breathe without being instructed, he doesn't yell too much beyond like the initial minute or so.

I just find it hilarious that anyone would get mad about it at all. I can understand getting mad cuz you lost poo poo, but getting mad because others lose poo poo? C'mon! If an idiot wants to throw away a rev every week and affords it with his own effort, I say let him do it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dalael posted:

I just find it hilarious that anyone would get mad about it at all. I can understand getting mad cuz you lost poo poo, but getting mad because others lose poo poo? C'mon! If an idiot wants to throw away a rev every week and affords it with his own effort, I say let him do it.

Yeah I think he wasn't pissed at anything other than the revenant, and at the time, there were like... 9 in the game or something and PL had several of them.

God, imagine a time when there wasn't a super for every person in EVE lol.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

orange juche posted:

God, imagine a time when there wasn't a super for every person in EVE lol.

we clearly need Super Dooper Capitals

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Make a space ship so big that it exists in multiple systems at once.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

Make a space ship so big that it exists in multiple systems at once.

And give it the old doomsday weapon.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Rutibex posted:

we clearly need Super Dooper Capitals

What EVE needs, is a ship that carries titans and/or motherships as fighters, can 1 shot a Keepstar every 2 minutes with a doomsday and use its cost as a balancing factor.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
like 98% of the old guard of serious try hard eve players have all quit the game, it's just a theme park now of scheduled fights and no stakes

poo poo hasn't mattered since 2013/2014

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

like 98% of the old guard of serious try hard eve players have all quit the game, it's just a theme park now of scheduled fights and no stakes

poo poo hasn't mattered since 2013/2014

Good. :smugdon:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

As it turns out, nothing matters!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I told a real life friend of mine I was playing eve and he was like “wow I haven’t ever met anyone who actually plays that” so clearly the things that happen in the game are super important and meaningful.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I met a guy who played it and learned I was a goon and would not divulge anything else about himself other than he is a high sec pubbie. Like, immediately his demeanor wrt the game changed. Never told me his name, systems, missions, etc.

I thought it was silly but I guess I see why and respect that.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

I can't believe the entirety of twitter is getting owned by a Jita scam

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mightygerm posted:

I can't believe the entirety of twitter is getting owned by a Jita scam

Huh

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Someone hacked the biden twitter account and did a bitcoin doubling scam.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

CainFortea posted:

Someone hacked the biden twitter account and did a bitcoin doubling scam.

A lot more than biden. Sounds like just about everyone famous

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

gwrtheyrn posted:

A lot more than biden. Sounds like just about everyone famous

Yea, I just heard that bit.

Here's the first one I saw

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/freezerohedge/status/1283541208845803523?s=21

Even twitter support got hit.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
Twitter itself got pretty thoroughly owned. Good thing that they just wanted to steal Bitcoins instead of using Trump's account to start a war or something.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

CainFortea posted:

I wasn't defending them or anything, just pointing out how stupid grath is acting like setups literally are impossible. Because "YOU undocked"

The whole situation, from my perspective, was pretty funny.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

ZekeNY posted:

Twitter itself got pretty thoroughly owned. Good thing that they just wanted to steal Bitcoins instead of using Trump's account to start a war or something.

Because they need money to live, not a reason prove twitter that some orange idiot has balls or something

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

ZekeNY posted:

The potential for them to cause so much chaos was high. They took the cheap short smash and grab route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
ngl if I made 120k off twitter bitcoin I would have so many subbed accts