Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I just hit Level 70 and I've been consistently able to take on Jeanne by grinding her down since she doesn't deal much damage and then piling on with Vlad in my backline. Anything above that is a crapshoot. Chevalier D'Eon has been doing good work, they've been a powerhouse for me ever since I pulled them. I like Siegfried, but...he's kinda rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I had some quartz so I did some ten pulls.

I got 2* darius and then 18 CEs :negative:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Something that I learned today: if you tap the screen once during a summon it will skip ahead to the next gold card if there is one in the ten roll. Always thought it skipped everything outright.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Gloomy Rube posted:

Welcome to FGO.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Nate RFB posted:

Something that I learned today: if you tap the screen once during a summon it will skip ahead to the next gold card if there is one in the ten roll. Always thought it skipped everything outright.

It skips to the next 4* or above or any new card. Double tap will skip to the end

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Gloomy Rube posted:

Did you at least get some good CEs?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I made the mistake of thinking I could take on MHX and her 1 million hp with my Altrium farm team. Altera and 2 Lilies in the front with level 1 Gilles, Ceaser and Fergus in the back. Blew my Command Seal and still lost.

Went in with a real team and cleaned it up, but it seems like farming the last quest will be tough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you're playing from day 1 and spend like an apple a day, you don't really need all slots filled with bonus units since it's like Guda and gives special bonus artorium.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I'm finding the key to a happy relationship with this game is not wanting any servant in particular. MHX's sweet hat and tracksuit threw me for a loop.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Did one free 10-roll. Got nothing worthwhile in the way of servants (which was my fate during London as well), but I did get the Crimson Lotus and Bride Training CEs, so I can't complain.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Bholder posted:

This is false
There might be one in the future!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I have an 80 Alter fully fou'd and a 70 Okita with no Fous. Which would be better for picking up some FP once I have my Purely Bloom LBd?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Alter. Bigger Altrium Bonus, more efficient farmer with her NP, etc. Means she can probably put out more damage then Okita.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So uh, what are the odds I can clear the 3 million HP Lalter at the end of the event with 60 d'Eon, 60 Caesar, and the best support I can find, while my back line is level 1 Lily, Fergus, and Gilles?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ZiegeDame posted:

So uh, what are the odds I can clear the 3 million HP Lalter at the end of the event with 60 d'Eon, 60 Caesar, and the best support I can find, while my back line is level 1 Lily, Fergus, and Gilles?

A friend Okita with a MLB'd Purely Bloom and some Stars of Artoria on your backline could maybe do it? Caesar can probably chunk her for big damage as well.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Okay serious post for a sec. As much fun as I've had I'm done with this game.

I've been anxious to roll for MHX since december. However, on reflection I think this is in serious danger of turning into a gambling problem. I've found I'm spending more and more each month. I know myself well enough to know that my self control has lasted as long as it can and I need to quit now before this becomes a problem.

On the bright side does anyone want my account? I fear if I keep it I'm just gonna come back. I don't have the patience to redo all the grinding so this will eliminate the temptation for me. At the same time I'd like someone to get the benefit. Heres my notable servants:

All the 5* Sabers except Mordred
Caster Liz, Nobunaga and Santa alter
Tamamo
Kintoki (level 90 max atk fous with a limit broken halloween princess)
Drake
A craptonne of 4*'s.

I'm guessing I just need to post my transfer number right? If this is correct let me know.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nyeehg posted:

I'm guessing I just need to post my transfer number right? If this is correct let me know.

You'd need to post your transfer number and password. I'd suggest not doing that in a general post unless you're fine with anyone (including a random unregistered browser) getting it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nyeehg posted:

I've been anxious to roll for MHX since december. However, on reflection I think this is in serious danger of turning into a gambling problem. I've found I'm spending more and more each month. I know myself well enough to know that my self control has lasted as long as it can and I need to quit now before this becomes a problem.

On the bright side does anyone want my account? I fear if I keep it I'm just gonna come back. I don't have the patience to redo all the grinding so this will eliminate the temptation for me. At the same time I'd like someone to get the benefit. Heres my notable servants:

All the 5* Sabers except Mordred
Caster Liz, Nobunaga and Santa alter
Tamamo
Kintoki (level 90 max atk fous with a limit broken halloween princess)
Drake
A craptonne of 4*'s.

I've got a friend who has had really tragic gacha luck and he loves a lot of servants on that list. I sent you a PM about it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nyeehg posted:

Okay serious post for a sec. As much fun as I've had I'm done with this game. (...) on reflection I think this is in serious danger of turning into a gambling problem.
Just so someone says it, this is a very wise decision. Games like these are carefully designed to prey on certain people, and if you're vulnerable to that sort of thing then it can be extremely hard to step away. Take pride in your self-control and don't have second thoughts.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I've got a friend who has had really tragic gacha luck and he loves a lot of servants on that list. I sent you a PM about it.

I pm'd you the account details. Let me know if there's any issues :)

Asimo posted:

Just so someone says it, this is a very wise decision. Games like these are carefully designed to prey on certain people, and if you're vulnerable to that sort of thing then it can be extremely hard to step away. Take pride in your self-control and don't have second thoughts.

Thanks. Really appreciate this. I honestly expected to be more broken up about it but I feel more relieved than anything.

Ah well, I can still enjoy the Riyo comics :shobon:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Asimo posted:

Oddly enough I dumped shittons of cash into Avengers Academy and Future Fight but the only money I've spent on FGO so far has been for the 5 star gacha. maybe being unemployed has something to do with it, idk

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Nyeehg posted:

I know we joke all the time about the gacha, but good job getting out of it before things get more risky. I'm currently sick at home with a nasty bug and jealous of the whales on my friends list. There were thoughts of spending the Christmas money I got just to roll some more, but yea, if 500+ quartz didn't get me what I want, it's time to call quits on this banner. I'm going to save up and pray for the summer Archer/Altria Pendragon in the meanwhile.

(The bright side is, I can still remind myself that I have statues of MHX. Can still pretend she's on my support lineup :unsmith:)

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Nyeehg posted:

Congrats. I'm glad you have enough control over yourself that you can quit before it becomes a problem. Some people aren't able to, and this kind of game preys upon them.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Big shoutout to the person on my friends list sporting Herc with an MLB Purely Bloom. Jeanne was there, Herc drew all three buster cards, and then Jeanne wasn't there anymore.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
watchin fate/zero as i grind

iskander is the best, get rhetorically dunked on king of knights

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Rolled a couple of 10s for Nero, instead got spooked by Jack.

Hell yeah.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Clawtopsy posted:

watchin fate/zero as i grind

iskander is the best, get rhetorically dunked on king of knights

I liked how like two episodes later she shows how cool Excalibur is and he's all grumpy about it and decides to prove his point by fighting her because he feels just by looking at it as a symbol of her philosophies that he has no longer won the argument.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sanguinia posted:

I liked how like two episodes later she shows how cool Excalibur is and he's all grumpy about it and decides to prove his point by fighting her because he feels just by looking at it as a symbol of her philosophies that he has no longer won the argument.

Out of the 3 Kings, Iskander was clearly the best.
Plus, if you really think about it, Waver was probably the only real winner of the Grail War. I mean, other than Kotomine and Gilgamesh, everyone involved dies - usually tragically - before it's all over.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

the_steve posted:

Out of the 3 Kings, Iskander was clearly the best.
Plus, if you really think about it, Waver was probably the only real winner of the Grail War. I mean, other than Kotomine and Gilgamesh, everyone involved dies - usually tragically - before it's all over.

I mean, not the best KING, what with the tyranny and the succession wars and whatnot. But he is pretty great.

Considering that Iskander's example basically inspired Waver to become a new Iskander within the hierarchy of the Clock Tower, he sort of won, if not the Grail War, at least the philosophical battle among the three kings. His philosophy of inspiring his followers through his example triumphed in the end despite his defeat. In fact you could argue his defeat was really REQUIRED for his philosophy to triumph, so in a way Gil didn't even win when he won. Sasuga King of Jobbers.

As an aisde, I love the tidbit that despite having rising to tremendous power and prestige by inspiring loyalty among a generation of geniuses, to the point where the Clock Tower's greatest dare not threaten him, Waver is still super grumpy that he's not all that good at magic and probably never will be. Meaning Kayneth was right about him all along.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Sanguinia posted:

I mean, not the best KING, what with the tyranny and the succession wars and whatnot. But he is pretty great.

Considering that Iskander's example basically inspired Waver to become a new Iskander within the hierarchy of the Clock Tower, he sort of won, if not the Grail War, at least the philosophical battle among the three kings. His philosophy of inspiring his followers through his example triumphed in the end despite his defeat. In fact you could argue his defeat was really REQUIRED for his philosophy to triumph, so in a way Gil didn't even win when he won. Sasuga King of Jobbers.

As an aisde, I love the tidbit that despite having rising to tremendous power and prestige by inspiring loyalty among a generation of geniuses, to the point where the Clock Tower's greatest dare not threaten him, Waver is still super grumpy that he's not all that good at magic and probably never will be. Meaning Kayneth was right about him all along.

does something actually go into waver's career after the war? other than the tiny bit from fuhgo

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

The Lord El-Melloi II Case Files, though I don't know if they've been translated.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

He's in the first episode of Apocrypha, too.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

With the cameos in that, I hope they do end up doing Strange/Fake as well

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

UberJew posted:

does something actually go into waver's career after the war? other than the tiny bit from fuhgo

He's an established mentor figure in Strange Fake.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

There is also a cameo in UBW last episode.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Don't think I'll be making it past the Tesla stage for now. Even the Jeanne one is often cutting it close. It's not even the bosses that are the problem so much as the fodder on the last wave. Kinda lacking good Saber friends too.
Only been playing for less than a month on NA server so I don't have anything that special but if anyone can spare a friend slot I'd be really grateful: 897,240,451

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

HGH posted:

Don't think I'll be making it past the Tesla stage for now. Even the Jeanne one is often cutting it close. It's not even the bosses that are the problem so much as the fodder on the last wave. Kinda lacking good Saber friends too.
Only been playing for less than a month on NA server so I don't have anything that special but if anyone can spare a friend slot I'd be really grateful: 897,240,451

Cleared a slot and sent a request, IGN is Shiny.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Me too. IGN is Faye.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Cleaned up the Scathach 40AP no problem with Okita. I'm kind of scared to see what's in the last one though. :ohdear:

HGH posted:

Sent. IGN is Ran.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's 1 millon HP UHZ