Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kibayasu posted:

Ever since Battlelog BF multiplayer filters have this weird thing where more filters, even if they don’t seem necessary, returns more results. So what you actually want to tick is Not Full, Not Empty, 24/48/64 (or whatever) player slots, North America (or whatever), the maps you want to play (even if it’s all of them), and the modes you want to play (even if it’s all of them).

Don’t ask me why it works.

:geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Of all the BF's I've played, nothing quite matched the fun of BFBC2; give me a VSS, Wookie ball, and some C4 all day long. Now that most of my FPS friends no longer have time for games perhaps I'll try to join up with the Goons for BF6 as long as it isn't a turd.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

The Rev posted:

Of all the BF's I've played, nothing quite matched the fun of BFBC2; give me a VSS, Wookie ball, and some C4 all day long. Now that most of my FPS friends no longer have time for games perhaps I'll try to join up with the Goons for BF6 as long as it isn't a turd.

Even if it is a turd I'll still play it for 60 hours and telling myself that it will eventually be good

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Live At Five! posted:

Even if it is a turd I'll still play it for 60 hours and telling myself that it will eventually be good

I somehow put 300 hours into BFV and I blame a large portion of that on goons and IRL friends wanting to play a WW2 shooter that wasn't aiming for realism

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I hope BF6 is good, I loved Battlefield 1 but skipped 5 so I’m jonesing pretty hard to play battlefield again.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Al-Saqr posted:

I hope BF6 is good, I loved Battlefield 1 but skipped 5 so I’m jonesing pretty hard to play battlefield again.

:same:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You don’t seem to be filtering for your region though and you’re still allowing both Empty and Full games to be found. I don’t have it installed to check and I’m not saying there’s definitely games for you to find out there, especially if you’re in a low population region, just that the server browser can be strangely picky.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

At this exact moment, for BF1 servers:
43/64
64/64[4]
53/64
64/64[3]
62/64
64/64[1]
64/64[4]
64/64[1]
24/24
63/64
Pile of ones with smaller player counts eg 6

Note that there have been oddball game mode servers going like air assault, too, but I filter them out. If you're unable to find a match it's kind of on you. These are only ones tagged for NA also.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Al-Saqr posted:

It's gonna suck op

The C4 will be non-sticky and you'll need 5 to kill a tank, but you'll only be able to carry 2 at once

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Insert name here posted:

It's gonna suck op

The C4 will be non-sticky and you'll need 5 to kill a tank, but you'll only be able to carry 2 at once

30 second resupply time at a support crate for the 1st C4, 45 seconds more for the 2nd.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

So that trailer leaked and these nerds still don't want to release the real one?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

afkmacro posted:

So that trailer leaked and these nerds still don't want to release the real one?

Rumor is that it was an investor only trailer and they are making a new one

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Insert name here posted:

It's gonna suck op

Nope they're going to be neatly wrapped Christmas presents of death slathered in gorilla glue and all the walls are going to be destructible max team size 8v8

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
C4 will be good but all transport vehicles are forever removed from the series, including retroactively

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DICE just bows to reality and makes all transport vehicles 1 seaters.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Kibayasu posted:

DICE just bows to reality and makes all transport vehicles 1 seaters.
They'll actually be 0 seaters: Entering them will automatically despawn out from under you (as prototyped by BF5)

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i hope bf6 will be good but regardless i will still play with goons and have a fun time

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i hope bf6 will be good but regardless i will still play with goons and have a fun time

Mostly this. I'm glad it's modern, that means a cool campaign maybe, and a bunch of neat guns and sights and helicopters. There will be a jet level, I'm hoping for something open world but I'd bet on fun but starfox style. I hope the multiplayer will be good, I dumped so much time into 3 and 4, it was a blast getting okay at them.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I skipped flying for bf1 and 5, but I think maybe I'll go back to being a disgusting jetsperg for 6- assuming they don't hold off on adding joystick support for months past release again

M/kb flying is obviously superior in every way, but stick is just way more fun for me

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If BF6 doesn't suck, I'll skip flying like in every BF game ever and stick with the ammo box :haw:

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Guillermus posted:

If BF6 doesn't suck, I'll skip flying like in every BF game ever and stick with the ammo box :haw:

I'll be right there to never stop firing and propel you to the top of the scoreboard. :hfive:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

All shall be smoked and cured

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Al-Saqr posted:

Me too, but BFV was free on playstation this month, and I guess the game has had a lot of work done, as its actually pretty awesome and has plenty of those action-packed 'battlefield moments'. I can imagine how disappointing it was at launch though, so I guess it never really fully recovered.

BF6 is going to be a sure-buy for me, hopefully they've learned some lessons.

Gish
Oct 18, 2000
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength
Reveal is set for June 9th. Looking forward to it

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/1399742535942258691

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Gish posted:

Nice! Looking forward to it!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Gish posted:

Get your ticket punched for the hype train baybee

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I wonder who the 'third' side in this game is gonna be, or is it just gonna be China Vs. America again?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

doubt therell be a third side since thats a lot of extra assets

itd be cool tho

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

I wonder who the 'third' side in this game is gonna be, or is it just gonna be China Vs. America again?

It's russia vs. america but they PC is a PMC merc who can be on any side

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's russia vs. america but they PC is a PMC merc who can be on any side

Really?! Russia vs. america? But the leaked trailer showed off a tropical island surely the game will be about the South China Sea, conflict between rising powers and climate change.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

Really?! Russia vs. america? But the leaked trailer showed off a tropical island surely the game will be about the South China Sea, conflict between rising powers and climate change.

There will probably never be a major BF game where China is the bad guy and you play as a western soldier fighting/killing/beating the Chinese because they don't want to get blocked out of the Chinese market and they probably don't want to spend the money to develop a full set of alternate assets for the antagonists just to sell in china

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

There will probably never be a major BF game where China is the bad guy and you play as a western soldier fighting/killing/beating the Chinese because they don't want to get blocked out of the Chinese market and they probably don't want to spend the money to develop a full set of alternate assets for the antagonists just to sell in china

Hmmm good point

Sigh, time to call up Putin and the Muslims again so we can sell to some idiot kids in xian province

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

bring back the MEC. They had the best music

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Fart Car '97 posted:

how does that square away with unrest in China basically being the entire plot of BF4? or did Pooh not care back in 2014

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I think the main game was fine but the CCP protested the “China Rising” DLC

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Aces High posted:

how does that square away with unrest in China basically being the entire plot of BF4? or did Pooh not care back in 2014

wasn't bf4 about a rogue admiral trying to start a war or something (or am I thinking of BF3 and it's a rogue Iranian commander)? I could see that passing muster with the PRC government since the player is defending them (and world peace I guess) against an internal rogue actor trying to kick off a war with the US

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Southeast Asia would be an awesome setting, brings back memories from Joint Operations :D

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

The last battlefield I played and enjoyed was 4.. so I hope this new one is exactly like that and less like whatever V was.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Aces High posted:

The short answer is Pooh cared less in 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

BF2 and BF4 were extremely popular in China BECAUSE the games featured China and ,at least in BF2, since I remember nothing of the BF4 campaign, having China not be villains and on equal footing as the US. I think If anything they’ll want to include China to get more sales over there, as long as they don’t make the PRC the bad guys in the campaign no ones going to play