Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

https://x.com/pathofexile/status/1772428397001453614?s=46&t=RsOyG16u4IGUb6Fz9Vxrog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
We have mirage archer at home.

That wand seems nuts

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deki posted:

I'm going to lose so much currency off mispriced items, it'll be great

:smithfrog::retrogames::retrogames::retrogames:

Actually good change now as long as you:

1. Set buyouts high; sell only manually online
  2. Immediatly create scripts to find all bargins and buy out all mispriced items :getin:

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 26, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is that like almost exactly 50% more damage on rares and uniques

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

euphronius posted:

What is that like almost exactly 50% more damage on rares and uniques

That’s how I’m reading it. Solid but prob not enough to give wander’s anything close to reasonable single target on a budget. Very nice for non-budget builds tho

The unique wand is cool but having it not on an Imbued Wand base seems like a miss. Seemingly has more use as like a BV or EK wand as-is

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
That new wand :captainpop:

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wand is cool, and will act as a good stepping stone to Head Hunter, which makes that wand useless unless you are bossing.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

A wand with 1.2 bat is useless. May be an early game option for BV or Elemest WoC ignite though.

Also the new support seems bad. Don't think it'll work with barrage support because the trigger and then it's only 15% more dmg over other supports.

Revert the power syphon change.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

E, quote is not edit

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
1.2 atkspd wand is poo poo, op

Deki posted:

Nice, did you have the transfigured gem from the start or did you roll it while levelling?

From the start (was an early alt), used tyty's ranger leveling filter too lol, on a witch

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Wand seems better for spells than attacking with 1.2 aps. I also don’t think a 50% more support fixes wand ST.

Tarnop posted:

What is the problem that PoE2 is trying to fix with no flask charges from white mobs?

Flasks being a permanent source of character power (and feeling like poo poo whenever they’re not) instead of used situationally.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Tarnop posted:

What is the problem that PoE2 is trying to fix with no flask charges from white mobs?

If I had to think like a game designer, they want damage taken to matter outside of being 1 shot since you'll just regen to full instantly otherwise, so they think if they make flasks awful to use people will be treating it like dark souls healing and make avoidance of every little thing a priority so they don't get chipped down by trash.

Though their solution being to portal to town and click on a well and then go back through the portal is a case of game designer poisoned brain that is apparent to anyone will be a bad idea that will have to be patched out in the near future after the backlash from anyone actually trying that system.

It already feels really awful to have your flasks run completely dry because your character is on the weaker side still and doesn't just delete everything they come across before it becomes an issue or not being a pathfinder/mageblood user or just having your quicksilver go empty while you backtrack a large map, adding "click on well" to taking a portal to town to refill is a really dumb thing to get fixated on adding.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 26, 2024

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

whypick1 posted:

• Some general talk about how to transform current leagues so that they fit into PoE2's feel. Specifically called out Blight. Jonathan likes the Harvest league implementation over how it is now (ewww).

they hate me personally

whypick1 posted:

• Aura stacking will require more investment than in PoE1.

why lol wtf are they talking about. you have to spend like 1-2 mirrors to get them to the same spot as a 50div meta build. theyre off theyre freaking rockers

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i thought it had been universally agreed to keep the 'arpgs should be ballcrushingly hard' people away from poe 1, who tf let them back near the game

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

If I had to think like a game designer, they want damage taken to matter outside of being 1 shot since you'll just regen to full instantly otherwise, so they think if they make flasks awful to use people will be treating it like dark souls healing and make avoidance of every little thing a priority so they don't get chipped down by trash.

Though their solution being to portal to town and click on a well and then go back through the portal is a case of game designer poisoned brain that is apparent to anyone will be a bad idea that will have to be patched out in the near future after the backlash from anyone actually trying that system.

It already feels really awful to have your flasks run completely dry because your character is on the weaker side still and doesn't just delete everything they come across before it becomes an issue or not being a pathfinder/mageblood user or just having your quicksilver go empty while you backtrack a large map, adding "click on well" to taking a portal to town to refill is a really dumb thing to get fixated on adding.

going back to town to refill your flasks is game designer brain of the same vein as d4's 'everyone will run (or ride their glitchy horses) to every individual dungeon they want to run'

there is something there insofar as flasks not being such a huge amount of a character's overall power would probably be very good for the game if you're designing it from the ground up, but yeah I don't think it solves the problem really, it just means you get the early d2 experience of going back to town every time you run low on mana pots or w/e

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 26, 2024

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Auras are buttons you only press once. PoE2 wants you to be pressing all the buttons all the time, 5 move combo to kill a white pack

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
yet again im embodying reddit itt and say THATS BECAUSE LAST EPOCH DOES SO

seriously, pressing 5 buttons to clear a map is okay
spend entire evening pressing 5 buttons to clear maps will be exhausting

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I wonder how they are going to approach pathfinder or mageblood in PoE2, infinite flasks sort of poopoo's on that limited flask design idea, also what about regen stacking builds that just regenerate their entire lifebar every second and only die to one shots and things that shut off the regen? are those builds gone?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Teaser video showing some new Scarabs

That Cartography one is going to be :20bux:

Oh, and the patch notes were updated again, Kirac got nerfed (no guaranteed daily mission, Atlas tree node that granted a mission just doubles the chance). :argh:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
ventrua made an insanely thorough guide to getting rue's coc dd inquis starter up and running. it's a very good guide, contains the meta caster racing/leveling setup in the notes, and is imo as strong and all around well-balanced of a league start build as we've had in a long time, particularly for a build that isn't using any broken interactions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yZJHBtiCw

if you have no idea what to start and nothing in there feels significantly over your head, it's a build very much worth considering. farming the gems in lab might suck if you get bad rng, but the build itself is going to be very, very good and it works on life+res rares. the gems might be annoying but they're entirely self farmable

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 26, 2024

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Me playing dragons dogma 2 with its weird systems: haha gently caress yeah!! Yes!!

Me playing PoE 2, going to town to fill up potions: well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Oh, and the patch notes were updated again, Kirac got nerfed (no guaranteed daily mission, Atlas tree node that granted a mission just doubles the chance). :argh:

:mad:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
i'd much, much rather have 6% per map to generate a kirac mission versus 3% + 1/day

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Even if you dont start coc dd, finding one if the required gems in lab will be big money on league start.

The “hits cant be evaded” sword will also be $$$ at least a week into league.

Dont hedge on the three dragons helm though, lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

ventrua made an insanely thorough guide to getting rue's coc dd inquis starter up and running. it's a very good guide, contains the meta caster racing/leveling setup in the notes, and is imo as strong and all around well-balanced of a league start build as we've had in a long time, particularly for a build that isn't using any broken interactions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yZJHBtiCw

if you have no idea what to start and nothing in there feels significantly over your head, it's a build very much worth considering. farming the gems in lab might suck if you get bad rng, but the build itself is going to be very, very good and it works on life+res rares. the gems might be annoying but they're entirely self farmable

That video is great. Doing this. Thank you

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
If you do coc dd, you will probably want the dd and desecrate mtx skins, just fyi.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah that video covers that. I should have the points after buying turtle.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I believe I have settled on a build for this league:

Splitting Steel Champion

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/splitting-steel-champion-build-guide

This is the same person who authored my poison blade vortex assassin and reading through it, nothing here looks like bait. Will this work? Any huge glaring flaws?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Splitting Steel is good. I'm here for Frank Frank playing a physical hit build.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The snipers mark nerf will hurt its damage but it had lots of damage

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

I believe I have settled on a build for this league:

Splitting Steel Champion

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/splitting-steel-champion-build-guide

This is the same person who authored my poison blade vortex assassin and reading through it, nothing here looks like bait. Will this work? Any huge glaring flaws?

This may help ya:

https://youtu.be/pLHUU-3G7pA?si=TiqkKZsuwGmB9XJY

The pob:
https://pobb.in/Bakzrmc__Pus

wemgo fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 26, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

External Organs posted:

Splitting Steel is good. I'm here for Frank Frank playing a physical hit build.

The main goal was to find a class/playstyle that A) works on console (so no mines or ballistae unfortunately) and B) Is something totally different from the other two builds I have run prior to this. Secondary concerns were overall scaling of the build and preferably something with poison. 1 out of 2 ain't bad I guess.

TY.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Should be fine. With nimis you don’t even aim. Just move around

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
visual clarity with that build is so good that it doesn't even look like the same game

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Frank Frank posted:

The main goal was to find a class/playstyle that A) works on console (so no mines or ballistae unfortunately)

Is it the aiming or the detonating why you're ruling out mines? Because the latter was fixed with a new mastery that detonates mines on movement.

If it's the former, that's been fixed for ages, and it's called "play on PC". :devil:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Maybe I’ll try mines next league vOv

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

alright thank loving god l ol

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Frank Frank posted:

Maybe I’ll try mines next league vOv

For a second, i thought FrankFrank meant he was going to try PC

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am not good at remembering my flasks

PoE 2 in general seems like it's going to require me to be much more sober when playing which is gonna be a problem

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I want to make my league character now. They should allow you to create the character ahead of time even if you can't actually play it.

EVIL Gibson posted:

For a second, i thought FrankFrank meant he was going to try PC

And ruin my masochism gimmick? Never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I haven't played a shadow in a while so I think I've settled in on a trapper/trickster to get some early boss farm going and seeing where it goes from there.