Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Sauce was great I hope they become a regular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Very surprised no one brought up Jupiter Ascending during the Romanov discussion

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

change my name posted:

Very surprised no one brought up Jupiter Ascending during the Romanov discussion

you're very surprised that nobody watched Jupiter Ascending?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Should have brought up the one Pathfinder adventure path where you rescue baba yaga from Rasputin's clutches and put the last Romanov on the throne in golarian's frigid hellhole

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Djeser posted:

I've had similar audio issues with a few episodes, but I've also edited an episode, and it's hard to compensate for. People's audio setups will get you drastically different-sounding audio, and even the same setup will get different sounds because of how they're sitting or how loud they're being. It's hard when you're doing it just to your own audio, it's really hard when you've got six different tracks.

I don't remember whether this was an F Plus epsidoe or another collection of audio clips I was editing, but see how the top track has all these peaks and valleys, and then the second track is solid blocks of blue?

Every podcast that isn't mine could benefit from judicious use of compressors and limiters. :smuggo:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I relistened to the Chakrubs episode last night and then today I went to a fancy design market and saw them for sale

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

DRINK ME posted:

I didn’t know until recently but they actually produced a paper for Optimal tip-to-tip efficiency.

From the Schadenfreude thread, seems like it fits with the cock rub warriors.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit talks about The Sims.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I keep trying to hot link Totoro smiling and my phone keeps preventing me from doing so https://tenor.com/search/totoro-smile-gifs

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 29, 2023

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thank you ShellGame for the episode and tokin opposition for the smile of pure, unbridled joy.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I audibly cheered when this turned into a backdoor Dozerfleet episode.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Mostly listened to that episode in a confused daze which is appropriate

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Lumbermouth posted:

:same: It made me go back and listen to the original episodes and they remain some of the best stuff the ridiculists have covered.

E: V :yikeseroo:

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 1, 2023

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Radio Paranoia posted:

:same: It made me go back and listen to the original episodes and they remain some of the best stuff the ridiculists have covered.

I remember at some point going "I wonder what he's doing now" so I checked his blog and he had recorded himself playing a first person shooter with a bunch of bots and all the bots were named like "black lives matter" and he was just killing them all as angrily as he could, and I just kinda went :stare: and closed the tab.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

I remember at some point going "I wonder what he's doing now" so I checked his blog and he had recorded himself playing a first person shooter with a bunch of bots and all the bots were named like "black lives matter" and he was just killing them all as angrily as he could, and I just kinda went :stare: and closed the tab.

yeah that tracks

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Lumbermouth posted:

It was a twist I didn't see coming, but I should have since it feels like all episodes of F+/EC eventually lead to the same few things and oddities no matter the subject matter.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Shame Boy posted:

dozerfleet 🤝patrick82
killing bots in a video game

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I keep forgetting that I've listened to the Dozerfleet episodes several times already, so I go in and it's as if I'm going in blind and then something comes up and I'm like "Oh yeah, the stuff about condoms not working, this goes on for a bit".

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Oh man, this new MedBed episode was great.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh rad they invented the enertron from chrono trigger (haven't listened yet)

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
the best part of this episode is Kumquat's and Dijon's little "wow"s

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
I wasn't expecting the Parasite Eve reference in this episode, but I'm SO here for it.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
This is just some good old fashioned complete nonsense here. I also love how it explicitly says you're not allowed to use it for monetary purposes and the OS will SHUT DOWN if it detects it, and then goes on to talk about how you can use it for buisnesses.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I still have no idea what the hell it is.

A picture of a bed, I think?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

You can use it wherever if you're using it to supplement a massage business or whatever, but otherwise IT ABSOLUTELY MUST ONLY BE USED AT YOUR COMPANY HQ NO EXCEPTIONS and you can charge however much you want for others to use it, no problem BUT ABSOLUTELY NO LOWER THAN THIS SPECIFIED AMOUNT.

Now I wonder if I could use the MedBed with one of those Dahir Insaat Earthquake Beds...

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Shame Boy posted:

I still have no idea what the hell it is.

A picture of a bed, I think?

it's a service where a company claims they can use their secret, proprietary quantum entanglement generators to remotely imbue your bed with healing frequencies that respond to your voice and thoughts to cure all your diseases

the episode didn't get into it but there was a big chunk of Qanon believers who were fixated on the idea for a year or so, including the theory that JFK owned one, used it to cure his severe brain trauma, is still alive because of it, and would reveal the medbed secret to the public once his son became Trump's vice president

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Chairman posted:

it's a service where a company claims they can use their secret, proprietary quantum entanglement generators to remotely imbue your bed with healing frequencies that respond to your voice and thoughts to cure all your diseases

the episode didn't get into it but there was a big chunk of Qanon believers who were fixated on the idea for a year or so, including the theory that JFK owned one, used it to cure his severe brain trauma, is still alive because of it, and would reveal the medbed secret to the public once his son became Trump's vice president

Okay but there was definitely a bit near the end where you could tap a screen to change a picture of a bed, so it can't just be a service, there is in fact a picture of a bed involved.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Shame Boy posted:

Okay but there was definitely a bit near the end where you could tap a screen to change a picture of a bed, so it can't just be a service, there is in fact a picture of a bed involved.

the system only activates the medbed bed medicine if it knows which bed to activate, which they find out by looking at a picture of your bed

Mega64
May 23, 2008

But it only works if you pay them first, if you just show them a picture of your bed without paying then it won't work.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Glad they didn't get into the qanon side of things and kept it as a laughing at pseudoscience grifters episode. Given their usual pattern of several weekly episodes followed by a break I hope for more soon, it's time for a gross one.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit just has a glut of WikiHow docs.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I just have to say that I'm Extremely Giddy about this MedBed episode, because medbeds were always a silly thing to point and laugh at to begin with, along with all the people trying to pass off tanning beds as magical healing devices. I've barely started this episode and I'm hearing about time-travelling therapists with quantum energy, so this is gonna be a banger.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thank you ShellGame and Lemon for the content!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

protect your organism from negative energy!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

The Chairman posted:

the best part of this episode is Kumquat's and Dijon's little "wow"s

I am lightly obsessed with the way Kumquat says, "how can you sleep without pumped up jams?"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pump it pump it pump it pump it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Happy Landfill posted:

I am lightly obsessed with the way Kumquat says, "how can you sleep without pumped up jams?"

i thought pumping up jams was a different episode

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All the other mans with their pumped up jams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This is definitely one of those fplus episodes I've had to listen to a few times because the logic flips so outrageously I was confused, it was a towering pile of stacked grifts.