Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

the desert lot should be called 'elon musk's locker'; a deserted, barren place full of broken vessels that sunk the namesake

To understand the joke, click through to the thread and go to page fifteen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

BrainDance posted:

They're probably explosive when they show up dead too.

I'm not ordering live animals, for the record. Friend tried to buy a squirrel and they kept shipping boxes of squirrels to him. Told him to always just take a video of opening it because if he could prove it was dead on arrival they'd ship out another for free. It took so many tries before he got a live one, and the unboxings were nasty. They ship it with a little thing of food and that's basically it.

When he finally got a live one it suicided out his window :(

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jedit posted:

Owning Trig has been a thing for a while now. Somewhere, he wipes a tear from his eye and sniffles, thinking "How quickly they grow up".

We're all just feeding him ammo for the great cataclysmic mega-own that I'm sure he's bound to drop any time now. It may well be the one prophesied by the 8-bit scholar. I pity the poor fool that will stand before it cause I'm pretty sure we're talking ultimate hustler levels of pwnage here.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

"The archaeologists carefully pried open the sarcophagus, only managing to lift the lid 5cm before the horrific stench forced them to close it again according to Egyptian news outlet El-Watan.

Egyptian military engineers later helped them to open the sarcophagus completely - and the experts found more than expected.

Inside were the putrified remains of three people, sat in filthy red sewage water. "

This reminds me of something that happened to me. Sorry for off topic.
I had been at the new not yet open location of a restaurant I managed in Baltimore, with a co worker, helping with getting it ready to open.
Behind the restaurant was a short alley that when the previous occupant was in the building 5 years before, had connected to the street on one side. In that 5 years another building was built, effectively disconnecting the alley from the main roads and making it into a completely closed off courtyard, aside from a chain link door so that you could get out in a fire.

There had been a huge dumpster in that alley, used by the restaurant before us, but since they closed and the new building went up had never been emptied, and was also completely full of water and trash. We wanted to put seating in the courtyard and knew we had to get rid of that dumpster eventually. So I figured I'd drain it and then cut it up into moveable pieces. We recruited the help of the college dudes that lived on the second floor and from their balcony. Somehow like 8 of us managed to push this thing over to get the "water" out.

What happened next is very hard to describe with language. The second we got the thing tipped past the point of no return and it dropped hard there was a smell that was just impossibly bad. I can only describe it as not just smelling bad but painful like eating a way too spicy hot sauce you weren't expecting to be so hot. The city official who would go on to be in charge of the week long cleanup effort, described it as worse than the body he found rotting in an RV all summer while he was a police officer. Every single person involved in the tipping of the dumpster was instantly projectile vomiting, along with the construction workers immediately inside the restaurant working on the wiring. We had to tear out and replace drywall because there was a pool of vomit in the wall behind it. Across the little courtyard was a hisptery tech startup with a big glass window looking into their open floor-plan office. We noticed people in the building running away and covering their noses within seconds.

After running back into the second floor apartment with everyone and regaining my composure despite it still smelling really bad, we started to hear quite a few approaching sirens. We went out front onto the street. This was in the middle of a main business district and everyone walking by was complaining about the smell so I started walking around and it was basically everywhere on the whole block people were gagging and covering their noses, some old lady fainted from the smell. In the bars on one side of the courtyard literally every table was abandoned with food and beer on it. The firefighters and poo poo were circling the block trying to figure out wtf so we flagged them down and explained everything, so they follow us back and the group vomiting commences again, this time with firefighters. The whole block or so was evacuated as a precaution for an hour.

Everyone retreats outside, firefighters are like gently caress this poo poo. They call in this vacuum truck and like 5 guys with pressure washers for ever single surface this poo poo touched. This was a Monday, and by Friday the smell was basically gone, after constant pressure washing.

I stuck around while they were vacuuming and saw:
3 raccoon skulls
1 cat skull
30+ or so rat skulls couldn't really tell because they were dissolving
assorted bones obviously
Multiple bags of 5 year old food trash
1 partially decomposed pigeon
A poo poo ton of needles
Way too many condoms and bottles of Zelko Vodka

But the big one was since the place before us made pizza I think basically their last day I think they threw out all the dough and yeast on hand.
Before all the water the dough and yeast had basically congealed into a foot high layer on the bottom. This would explain why my early attempts to drill holes in it to drain it did nothing. I just figured it was wider on the bottom and my bits weren't long enough. The yeast still being active when the thing filled with water started fermenting the sugars in the trash which I suspect drew in animals who then got drunk and fell in, the sugars in which also fermented.

So basically the restaurant that closed down brewed rotting trash and meat beer and left it out for 5 years.

We never even got in trouble, the riots started a week later and the city was just like meh, you're fine.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was so expecting aristocrats.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Deter rioters with biological warfare?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

that's one of teh best name/post combos I've ever seen

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Samuringa posted:

What happened to the good old days when mothers would do their own birthing process with a combat knife

Karate Bastard posted:

One person enters, two persons leave.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

David found himself blinking before the pearly gates, which inexplicably were also blinking.
“Errrr sometimes they do that. Hold on.” A hirsute man in slightly yellowing white robes ducked behind the gates, pulled a plug out from the cloud top beneath it, and then plugged it back in.
“Yeah so anyways, uhh, well, this is Heaven.”
David was surprised, “St. Peter? I’m not even Christian. I’m atheist. Also you look like a computer nerd and you just rebooted the gates. Is this IT heaven?”
St. Peter sighed. “No, there’s only one heaven. Why do you think we take so much interest in the IT-men of planet Earth? The higher ups can answer these questions for you. Here I will teleport you over, just don’t look up while it’s happening because it’s a known bug.”

David of course looked up, and saw the bug.
“Sup, I’m Richard, don’t worry - they know me.”
And then David blinked back into existence before two marvelously stout and bearded figures, one seated on a threadbare rolling chair, the other at a slightly smaller CRT terminal to his right.
“Uhhh hey David. Welcome and stuff. Sorry you died. Oh I’m god, yeah that’s my kid Jesus. Say Hi Jesus.”
Jesus didn’t glance up from the monitor “Hi, can’t talk now - I’m streaming.”

David would have felt alarmed and maybe even angry at the fact that his belief system was incorrect and also that God seemed only partially potent. But in Heaven, he realized, he had achieved a truly enlightened autism - the lack of all emotion.
“poo poo, God. This seems hosed up. Why do you let atheists into heaven. Why is Earth so crappy. How did I die?”
God looked uneasy,
“David, look, we didn’t CREATE these systems, we just kind of maintain them. I don’t fully understand them and we just keep printing out new human souls so they gotta go somewhere. In fact, printing is my favorite analogy for human existence. I’ll show you. You, as an IT-man, created in my image as one of my greatest servants, should understand better than most.”
God took him to an open topped cloud, with printers stretching infinitely into the distance. The cable management was pretty decent and it looked tidy. The rows and columns shifted faster than David could see, and they arrived at a specific printer. It had David’s name labeled on it.
“That’s me!”
“Yes David, this is a record of everything you have ever done or thought.”
David noticed red lines, cutouts, and highlighter marks on many of the semi-infinite pages of paper that had printed. “What’s this?”
“I told you, I created you in my image. Here is where I tried to help you with the limited tools I have.”

David, fascinated, continued reading his accidental autobiography. It must have taken him days or weeks or years to read the accounts of his life in the most minute detail, but time no longer passed. His ankle pain on a Friday in 6th grade. Some of his most profound thoughts while waiting at a stop light the only time he drove through a little town in Oregon. Once he was kind of sad about running out of salsa before he ran out of chips. It was all there, all annotated by heavenly pushes and prods and adjustments to a better future.
David’s brow furrowed. “But god, this whole passage here, I remember this. There’s no edits. You didn’t help me at all. This was one of the worst days of my life, why didn’t you help me? I carried a printer over to a girls house, saw her underwear on the bed, and didn’t even get a hug. She had a boyfriend. I had to carry my printer all the way back home too.”

God smiled sadly back at David, tears glistening in his eyes. “David, during your time of greatest need, that was when I carried the printer for you.”

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

ulex minor posted:

*shows a story about spiders infesting a beehive hairdo* a cautionary warning or just...

...a web of lies?

*nest segment about a man who was married to a woman for 40 years and could never get her to undress in front of him, after her death the coroner gasps when he discovers she was born with a donkey tail* it's up to you dear viewer, is this story fact, or merely...

...an old wives tale?

*finishes with a story about a series of people run over while landscaping by a lawnmower that used to be owned by a deranged serial killer* now is this true, or have we been leading you...

...up the garden path?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
BB:FoF is on Prime and it's all so good. The first season is a little rocky and you have James Brolin instead of Frakes (and it's really clear they shot all of his segments in an afternoon), but even he had his charm. Whereas Frakes delivers puns with an impish smile, Brolin blurts the final reveals out in a Steve Brule-esque manner. "Did you think this could possible be true? Guess what, it is you dingus. Fact!"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

We Know Catheters posted:

Mutual masturbation

President Beep posted:

charging up their I/O crystals

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Baron von Eevl posted:

BB:FoF is on Prime and it's all so good. The first season is a little rocky and you have James Brolin instead of Frakes (and it's really clear they shot all of his segments in an afternoon), but even he had his charm. Whereas Frakes delivers puns with an impish smile, Brolin blurts the final reveals out in a Steve Brule-esque manner. "Did you think this could possible be true? Guess what, it is you dingus. Fact!"

Frakes seems like he's just enjoying the puns. Brolin always seems to get his joy from a sense that he's actively tricking the audience. They're both great in their own way.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Blind Rasputin posted:

The mentos and coke interaction is not simply an acid base interaction, it is actually a subtle and highly complex organic reaction that we learn about in graduate organic chemistry as almost a prelude to understanding higher order electron spin state geometries. If you notice on all bottles of coke/Diet Coke there is a warning that they contain phenylketones. This warning has been a part of the label for several decades, every since an industrial accident in the 1930s, nearly thirty years after the beverages’ invention. To put it simply, Phenylketones and the organic proteins in mentos combine to create a complex and unstable electron-proton spin duplex throughout the fluid, propagated by the carbonation, that when they finally breakdown release massive amounts of energy. You can imagine then, if one bottle and a few mentos can cause such an explosion, how an industrial disaster could lead to inclusion of a small warning on all bottles for what’s now almost 100 years later.

Gumby posted:

This was a lot of work to just post an acrostic that spells "titty."

Beautiful.

Very good posts.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Karate Bastard posted:

We're all just feeding him ammo for the great cataclysmic mega-own that I'm sure he's bound to drop any time now. It may well be the one prophesied by the 8-bit scholar. I pity the poor fool that will stand before it cause I'm pretty sure we're talking ultimate hustler levels of pwnage here.

Have you seen his music video? I'm not sure it's a "cataclysmic mega-own" but it's pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDhTbRTZuWg

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Hey thanks! :unsmith:

FWIW because it was asked elsewhere: I just kept putting nipples on stuff because I sent the first five seconds of it to my wife (we're on opposite sides of the world for a while) and she thought the nipples on the dude were hilarious for some reason.

Actually, come to think of it almost every scene of that thing is some sort of in-joke between me and my wife. The octopus is meant to be Lucy, an octopus that she was taking care of and hanging out with for a while in Okinawa. Last time I was visiting she asked me to bring Lucy a rubber chicken from Germany, which became her favorite toy.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Noblesse Obliged posted:

They'll use the big white tent for the Musk/Grimes wedding reception since it's used to disapointment being assembled there

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

MisterOblivious posted:

Have you seen his music video? I'm not sure it's a "cataclysmic mega-own" but it's pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDhTbRTZuWg

Well I didn't hate him until I listened to that.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

rodbeard posted:

Wow. You are gonna be so embarrassed. Turns out he is in here too.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

twistedmentat posted:

I have that, i got it at a used store and its in terrible shape, but yes...a lot of boobs. Though they're usually connected to lobster women or something.

Guess which subforum

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rodbeard posted:

it's real good and you sound like a fat loser

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Guess which subforum

This is a tough one because all threads lead to boob chat...I'm gonna go with Games.

edit:
Not even close

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

as a general rule, bizarre quotes like that are generally from derails in the D&D trump thread

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
where's that one D&D thread about abortion rights or whatever, but some dude posts his workout log multiple times until he figures out what he did

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

buglord posted:

where's that one D&D thread about abortion rights or whatever, but some dude posts his workout log multiple times until he figures out what he did

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543702&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post414408653

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Wow. You are gonna be so embarrassed. Turns out he is in here too.

it's okay i hate myself too :sun:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
As long as you're able to channel that into sickass burns and music videos it's all good :buddy:

Hope you get to be on the same continent as wifey soon :)

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 09:03 on Jul 23, 2018

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Ten days and counting every second!

And there's a good chance we'll be in the same place more permanently something like 6-10 months from now. Nothing definite, but some promising options.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

This is one of my all-time favorite forums incidents.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'd say my favorite is the guy who posted his balls in half a dozen subforums.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Collateral Damage posted:

I'd say my favorite is the guy who posted his balls in half a dozen subforums.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481130&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Trig Discipline posted:

Ten days and counting every second!

And there's a good chance we'll be in the same place more permanently something like 6-10 months from now. Nothing definite, but some promising options.

Are y'all still in research? Kind of a poo poo field for a family man it would seem.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

Are y'all still in research? Kind of a poo poo field for a family man it would seem.

Yeah, both doing basic science. You kinda have to go where the jobs are. Luckily we don't have kids, so we can manage it. We've been able to work it out so that we spend about two weeks together every six weeks or so, so it hasn't been TOO bad. Still ready for it to be over though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Karate Bastard posted:

How else will he develop new and outrageous ways to own people if he doesn't test his hypothesizes on goons?

Especially when his own mother provides such a high-scoring statistical sampleset for proving and disproving how sexually promiscuous other goons mothers are.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I've just been putting too much of my brain into work and art projects to post much these days. I've just been so busy, and as a result me and all of your mothers have been growing apart lately. We'll see how long this hard-working productive lasts though; my previous record is on the order of six months.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How else will he develop new and outrageous ways to own people if he doesn't test his hypothesizes on goons?

Especially when his own mother provides such a high-scoring statistical sampleset for proving and disproving how sexually promiscuous other goons mothers are.

This could go go in the unfunny forum quotes thread.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ Along with most of the posts quoted in this thread.

Trig Discipline posted:

Honestly I've just been putting too much of my brain into work and art projects to post much these days. I've just been so busy, and as a result me and all of your mothers have been growing apart lately. We'll see how long this hard-working productive lasts though; my previous record is on the order of six months.

If owning people doesn't qualify as either work or an art project, you're taking the wrong attitude.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

you sound like a fat loser

I'm not the one singing

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

educate the masses

Dapper_Swindler posted:

she looks so lost its funny. also its probably like landmarks and poo poo and thats cool.

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Still, it was in pretty poor taste to put all those skeleton mobs in Buchenwald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pick posted:

Seriously though, it was a woman I know who tried to make S'mores by putting the component parts on a paper plate which she held directly over an open flame. The fire burned the plate and the graham cracker and chocolate and whatever fell into the fire. Then she repeated this action, as if the fire burning the paper plate had been some kind of unexpected, once-in-a-lifetime outcome.