Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

Just looked up the leak on our edgiest of lords friend. Surprised that neither Rock or Dark are involved in this thing.

Yeah, mono Psychic is really boring and played out.

It freezes you wen you touch it in Pokémon Refresh (the successor to Amie), so I wish it had gotten something more interesting like Psychic/Ice. Would also fit in better with Solgaleo and Lunala's type combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I know the "looks like a Digimon" argument is really lazy, but I do not like Necrozma's design at all.

It looks completely incongruous with almost every other Pokemon.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

The same could be said for Kyurem and Zygarde though.

It seems boring now, but at some point in the future they'll probably introduce some sort of bizarre gimmick that makes it stand out or something.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Still waiting for the day I can shove both Reshiram and Zekrom into Kyurem and get my dumb useless TURBO DRAGON

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Reinanigans posted:

I peeked a little and saw that Hau never gets more than 4 Pokémon on his team. This is really disappointing after the loser squad from XY. They should have taken a page from Wally/Barry/Silver/Blue instead. I guess Gladion kind of takes his place. Is Lillie not a trainer whatsoever? I know Kukui ends up being champion and gets the unused starter.

I wonder if Friday's short will be a surprise episode about SuMo instead of BW. It'd be kind of weird with everyone being super hype about the new games and the short is about...Reshiram and Zekrom or Meloetta or something.

We're perfectly lined up for an episode on Cresselia (Moon) or Arceus (Type: Null)

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I'm trying to avoid spoilers on the game's plot, but I've spoiled myself on the Pokémon themselves.

Type: Null and Cosmog are apparently unable to breed, but they evolve into other Pokémon. If I'm trying to update my living Pokédex, does this mean that I'll have to play the main campaign multiple times to get more of them or can you get more in a single playthrough (similar to Unown)? Don't answer this question directly if its plot related though.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zuzie posted:

I'm trying to avoid spoilers on the game's plot, but I've spoiled myself on the Pokémon themselves.

Type: Null and Cosmog are apparently unable to breed, but they evolve into other Pokémon. If I'm trying to update my living Pokédex, does this mean that I'll have to play the main campaign multiple times to get more of them or can you get more in a single playthrough (similar to Unown)? Don't answer this question directly if its plot related though.

you can trade even if you can't get more then one in-game so whats it matter

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
So I know Turtonator and Mimikyu don't show up until the third island, but what about:
-Rockruff
-Togedemaru
-Salandit
-Fomantis
-Bonusweet

Also, how far in the game is the Pokemon breeding/daycare center to hatch eggs? And for that matter how far into the game is Ditto? I have Ditto in my Bank but that won't be good till January...

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zuzie posted:

You only need two playthroughs. Cosmog and Null are post-game.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

LemonLimeTime posted:

So I know Turtonator and Mimikyu don't show up until the third island, but what about :
-Rockruff
-Togedemaru
-Salandit
-Fomantis
-Bonusweet

Also, how far in the game is the Pokemon breeding/daycare center to hatch eggs? And for that matter how far into the game is Ditto? I have Ditto in my Bank but that won't be good till January...

-Rockruff: First island, the grass inside Ten Carat Hill, accessible after getting the Ride Tauros
-Salandit: Second island, Volcano area
-Fomantis: Second island, lush jungle
-Bonusweet: You can trade for it in a pokecenter fairly early on in the second island

The daycare center is now a nursery, it just lets pokemon breed and doesn't have them level up, and it's available pretty early on in the second island.

As for the other stuff, I don't know.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Yesterday I learned that in game poke eggs aren't actually eggs but a sort of cradle explaining why mammalian Pokemon have them

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

PSWII60 posted:

Where is everyone getting this from? Other than the first tournament, which has typically always been only use the new generation, Nintendo has not said anything about this as far as I know. They did it with Gen 6 because they wanted to cut back on all of the haken generated stuff. Before that you could use Gen 3 4 & 5 stuff.

I have no idea, but it's total nonsense since the last person to assert that in this thread said Gen 6 did that too which is just false so I think it's people reading posts like that and just taking them as fact.

so to reiterate

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You can online battle with whatever in Gen 6, there's just certain competitions/tournaments that use only pokemon generated in XYORAS. There's no reason to think all your old pokes could never ever be used in any online play in Gen 7.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I get that the games need to be family friendly, and the mechanics of a blue whale breeding with a kitten are essentially impossible, but then don't say stuff like "the eggs are actually cradles." For that matter, why do they need to have an egg phase at all? Why can't the nursery people just hand you a freshly born Pokémon instead of making you go through the hassle of not only waiting for an egg to spawn, but then also having to hatch it? I've never actually thought about it, but eggs are completely unnecessary.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lmfao at level up while knowing Stomp to evolve. that rules

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Both free and rating battles allowed pentagonless Pokemon to be used. It's mainly for online tournaments and VGC where it actually matters. Though I think there was an online tournament where all Pokemon were allowed.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Lilo and Stitch is now canonically a Pokemon movie about Ultra Beasts

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtP-85iPgf0

3 and a half days left. Get hype.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 15, 2016

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
It is absolute irredeemable bullshit that rotomdex did not get an in-battle form. What the hell

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Reinanigans posted:

I get that the games need to be family friendly, and the mechanics of a blue whale breeding with a kitten are essentially impossible, but then don't say stuff like "the eggs are actually cradles." For that matter, why do they need to have an egg phase at all? Why can't the nursery people just hand you a freshly born Pokémon instead of making you go through the hassle of not only waiting for an egg to spawn, but then also having to hatch it? I've never actually thought about it, but eggs are completely unnecessary.

It's the same deal as having a weak Pokémon evolve at a high level to become a powerhouse, a Pokémon that only has a 5 percent chance of appearing in a given area or why some species have only 1 in 8 members being female in a system where females determine what species an egg will contain.

The developers add in these inconveniences to extend gameplay and make Pokémon tedious to acquire.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dehry posted:

You only need two playthroughs. Cosmog and Null are post-game.

Here's hoping I can entice trades with my box of cloned Arceus.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I cant loving wait for my copy od Sun to get here so I can wreck shop with fire wrestlin' catte.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I just remembered we get a free Munchlax and that makes me happy. Snorlax is my favorite pokeyman and we will make a great team.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I have Amazon Prime but I can't seem to pick "release day shipping" as an option on my order.

Customer support offered to bump me up to 1-day shipping for free but that still might not arrive before the weekend.

Did this happen to anyone else?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have Amazon Prime but I can't seem to pick "release day shipping" as an option on my order.

Customer support offered to bump me up to 1-day shipping for free but that still might not arrive before the weekend.

You should have ordered it months ago instead of waiting until the last minute. They were doing release date forever.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rainuwastaken posted:

I just remembered we get a free Munchlax and that makes me happy. Snorlax is my favorite pokeyman and we will make a great team.

You can catch Munchlax stupid early anyways. Like, its on the first island below level 15.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I chose release day shipping and it's coming friday for me. But I ordered like a week and a half ago

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The thing about Pokémon eggs being a cradle and apparently they just spontaneously EXIST is endlessly amusing to me. The day care people aren't being cute, that's actually the case. They really have NO IDEA how it got there.

If you take into account the HGSS Arceus event it gets even more amusing. Does Arceus personally play the stork for every breeding pair? Is it a swarm of Unown? How do they feel about trainers who do mass breeding projects for natures and IVs?

Either way it's hilariously stupid because they went out of their way to create a lore reason for why the cute mascot creatures never have to bang.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TFRazorsaw posted:

How do they feel about trainers who do mass breeding projects for natures and IVs?

They appreciate it because it means more super soldiers for the inevitable war between Man and Pokemon

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I feel like a moron. I just got the pun in Xurkitree's name.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FishBulb posted:

You should have ordered it months ago instead of waiting until the last minute. They were doing release date forever.
Ordered a week ago, on the 7th. Didn't want to pick a version before I had at least some idea of the exclusives :shobon:

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Sun or Moon? I finally decided to preorder both last week and only Sun is arriving on release day. Moon will show up on Tuesday.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TFRazorsaw posted:

The thing about Pokémon eggs being a cradle and apparently they just spontaneously EXIST is endlessly amusing to me. The day care people aren't being cute, that's actually the case. They really have NO IDEA how it got there.

If you take into account the HGSS Arceus event it gets even more amusing. Does Arceus personally play the stork for every breeding pair? Is it a swarm of Unown? How do they feel about trainers who do mass breeding projects for natures and IVs?

Either way it's hilariously stupid because they went out of their way to create a lore reason for why the cute mascot creatures never have to bang.

Why do pokemon have gender if they don't have sex

It's a conspiracy that goes all the way to the top

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cheetah7071 posted:

Why do pokemon have gender if they don't have sex

It's a conspiracy that goes all the way to the top

they're asexual

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kaiju15 posted:

Sun or Moon? I finally decided to preorder both last week and only Sun is arriving on release day. Moon will show up on Tuesday.
Just Sun, actually. Interesting.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Buy it on the 3DS e-shop and free yourself from having games shipped to you forever, friend.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

deadly_pudding posted:

Buy it on the 3DS e-shop and free yourself from having games shipped to you forever, friend.
Twenty percent off and I get a cart to eventually put next to all my other generations of cart :shobon:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's not really just eggs. Any wild Pokémon technically counts as there's many instances of them appearing in places where they shouldn't appear.

How does the Pokéradar detect several shiny Pokémon in a row? How did the dream world work in obtaining Pokémon with Hidden abilities? How did calming Groudon or Kyogre in ORAS dramatically increase the number of Pokémon species instantaneously? For that matter, how does that happen when a random kid beats the Pokémon league?

The series has produced some increasingly strange reasons as to why some Pokémon come into being. I personally subscribe to the Tulpa method.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm picking up both games on Friday after class. I'm playing Sun, and I'm getting my sister Moon. I passed the fandom on to her and she's played through all the gens, it reminds me so much of myself at that age :3:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Where can I find the trailer music for SuMo? It's really great but can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Also help I'm legit struggling deciding which starter to take :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Where can I find the trailer music for SuMo? It's really great but can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Also help I'm legit struggling deciding which starter to take :gonk:

The trailer music is the "Welcome to the World of Pokemon" theme for this game. Someone posed a youtube playlist with the whole OST upthread so you can find it there.