Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

get out

of my house

and the game

I'm sorry I ruined your gaming experience friend.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Is it me or is the positional audio really hosed up? I am having a really hard time determining where something is. If i hear the cargo airplane, i spend 20 seconds spinning around looking for the fucker before i find it. Combat? If someone starts shooting at me and I dont know where they are, I am hosed

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cimber posted:

Is it me or is the positional audio really hosed up? I am having a really hard time determining where something is. If i hear the cargo airplane, i spend 20 seconds spinning around looking for the fucker before i find it. Combat? If someone starts shooting at me and I dont know where they are, I am hosed

its you, but I think other people have been having that problem somewhat because you aren't the first who's asked.

Also wow there are sooooo many AFKs now. Like 30 or so every game in squad fpp.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Tokubetsu posted:

I want a mod for this game where when you die it becomes GTA and does the whole sad fade to black and white YOU DIED thing

I'd like something similar, but give me the Goldeneye treatment.

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012

cosmicjim posted:

The guy that accused chaco taco of cheating made an "apology" video. He talked over and over about shotguns are inconsistent. He might as well have said "Im sorry for reporting you because shotguns are inconsistent."
He even responded to a comment in his youtube comments about why it's a bad apology and still didn't acknowledged chacotaco just straight up owned them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3li5MrkIR8

How can anyone stand listening to that dweeb's voice, or what he has to say? What a piece of poo poo. I legit feel sorry for his family.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

The Real Quaid posted:

How can anyone stand listening to that dweeb's voice, or what he has to say? What a piece of poo poo. I legit feel sorry for his family.
You sound like a reasonable guy.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Go figure, people are super tryhard spergs at this game and ruin the fun of it.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
If I get at least one kill in a game I consider that a huge win--me being a giant 3 day old noob

gently caress stats

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Also wow there are sooooo many AFKs now. Like 30 or so every game in squad fpp.

Are people farming the 30 points you get for participating or some bullshit like that?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Black Griffon posted:

Are people farming the 30 points you get for participating or some bullshit like that?

Sounds like its about time to make your parachute opening be manual

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Sounds like its about time to make your parachute opening be manual

Pretty sure a waterbird tapping F every few seconds would circumvent this.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

because people always light themselves on fire in the lobby i assumed the "lore" of the game was the plane was crashing and everyone had to ditch (since there was firing streaming out of it and i figured the source was the plane itself) and if you stayed on to the end it crashed and killed you. think that's better than how it works now.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cosmicjim posted:

The guy that accused chaco taco of cheating made an "apology" video. He talked over and over about shotguns are inconsistent. He might as well have said "Im sorry for reporting you because shotguns are inconsistent."
He even responded to a comment in his youtube comments about why it's a bad apology and still didn't acknowledged chacotaco just straight up owned them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3li5MrkIR8

I don't know who any of these people are but this guy is really dumb.

Mostly because he said essentially he reported a guy erroneously because he was butthurt he died after dying in a previous round to a different person, which as a result got the person banned, and that really it's not his fault because the game is "inconsistent" so he was justified in saying the guy hacked when apparently no hacking happened. What the gently caress is wrong with people? :psyduck:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Unfunny Poster posted:

some guy named chocotaco joined SA just to try and push his channel (or someone had him join to do that whatever same diff), turns out his top 10 good and chill on stream so people don't hate him, he wiped a group 1v4 and that guy was recording it from the wipe angle and farttttttttttttttttttt

LE
Oct 19, 2002

Black Griffon posted:

Yes.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the report is whatever, I report everyone who kills me

but he actually thought he was hacking and also blamed lag for dying

Also, I think someone has figured out a way to crash people or something, because I've crashed twice this game and had to reconnect. Might also explain all the AFKs

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 2, 2017

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Groovelord Neato posted:

that arab buried city map is like 1/4 the size of the current map.

Yes but this is misleading because the new map is all land, and although the current map is 8x8 the actual land area is something like 36km and you can take out about 6 of that for Stalber because there's nothing really there and nobody ever lands there so functionally it's gonna be more like half the size of the current map, but it also looks like there's gonna be roughly the same amount of buildings as the current map? I think this'll mean gameplay won't be too crazy different. You'll have fewer long drives etc.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
yeah my game just kinda closed twice in the span of an hour last night with no error or anything

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Also, i have like a 40% winrate with navy seal strats. AMA

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Dollas posted:

Also, i have like a 40% winrate with navy seal strats. AMA

Why aren't you playing the better game mode??

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Why aren't you playing the better game mode??

i dont understand, this applies to all game modes!

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Mostly because he said essentially he reported a guy erroneously because he was butthurt he died after dying in a previous round to a different person, which as a result got the person banned, and that really it's not his fault because the game is "inconsistent" so he was justified in saying the guy hacked when apparently no hacking happened. What the gently caress is wrong with people? :psyduck:

I know some people don't like the streamer talk, but I want to use this as a teaching opportunity. Never blame anyone else but yourself. Even against hackers, you ask how could I have done that differently to beat the person hacking. It might be 100% unwinnable, but if you always blame yourself and and learn from it you get better. I learned this from blinky in the overwatch tryhard thread. Professional overwatch players actively try to outplay aimbotters and hackers and they usually do. Sure they report them, but they blame themselves, because someone with an aimbot could have done the same thing as a person that has better aim than themselves, so they realize they shouldnt be peeking or out in the open and adjust accordingly. Pubg is more complicated because of the long ranges, but the point is still the same, always reflect inwardly.
I'm not good, but I have several friends that make excuses every time they die. It's unhealthy and doesn't lead to improvement. The british streamer in this clip is preventing himself from improving. Instead of reflecting on what he could have done, he's making excuses.

The information he had is...he just downed my teammates with shotguns. I am using an AR. From this information he decides to go all in and jump shoot with an AR and dies. Instead of trying to use a shotgun or poke the guy or get distance with the AR he makes excuses and doesn't learn. Alternatively he pretends like he was going yolo and doesn't normally play like that, but....his team mates were still alive, but just knocked, and he got incredibly angry when he died so he's lying to himself about that too.

I play with friends that blame the gun they are using every time they die. They blame pubg. They talk about how much luck is involved.
Everytime I see Chocotaco die, I see him blaming himself.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Dollas posted:

i dont understand, this applies to all game modes!

are first person stats in now or

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Black Griffon posted:

Quick napkin math tells me if they are able to join one match every ten minutes that nets them 4,320 points a day, 30,240 a week. With crates going at a buck per you'll be turning a profit after a few weeks. Also if no one is killing the AFKs they'll likely get more than the 30 point participation trophy

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

cosmicjim posted:

I know some people don't like the streamer talk, but I want to use this as a teaching opportunity. Never blame anyone else but yourself. Even against hackers, you ask how could I have done that differently to beat the person hacking. It might be 100% unwinnable, but if you always blame yourself and and learn from it you get better. I learned this from blinky in the overwatch tryhard thread. Professional overwatch players actively try to outplay aimbotters and hackers and they usually do. Sure they report them, but they blame themselves, because someone with an aimbot could have done the same thing as a person that has better aim than themselves, so they realize they shouldnt be peeking or out in the open and adjust accordingly. Pubg is more complicated because of the long ranges, but the point is still the same, always reflect inwardly.
I'm not good, but I have several friends that make excuses every time they die. It's unhealthy and doesn't lead to improvement. The british streamer in this clip is preventing himself from improving. Instead of reflecting on what he could have done, he's making excuses.

The information he had is...he just downed my teammates with shotguns. I am using an AR. From this information he decides to go all in and jump shoot with an AR and dies. Instead of trying to use a shotgun or poke the guy or get distance with the AR he makes excuses and doesn't learn. Alternatively he pretends like he was going yolo and doesn't normally play like that, but....his team mates were still alive, but just knocked, and he got incredibly angry when he died so he's lying to himself about that too.

I play with friends that blame the gun they are using every time they die. They blame pubg. They talk about how much luck is involved.
Everytime I see Chocotaco die, I see him blaming himself.

No, if someone is killing your teammates with a shotgun, you HAVE to charge them and then shoot 5 feet to their left for no reason.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Just got my first chicken dinner. :thumbsup:

Afterwards I realized there seems to have been a leaderboard reset (haven't played in a few weeks) so it was probably just because I was up against really bad dudes but I'll take it.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Rex-Goliath posted:

Quick napkin math tells me if they are able to join one match every ten minutes that nets them 4,320 points a day, 30,240 a week. With crates going at a buck per you'll be turning a profit after a few weeks. Also if no one is killing the AFKs they'll likely get more than the 30 point participation trophy

And I thought my job was boring.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010
This game is best experienced in the minimalist fashion. The people suggesting to land where other people are landing are right. I got a lot more confident attacking people from doing this and haven't whiffed as much. As a result I've gotten to the end game without the "hide from everybody" strategy. I still die in the top ten or so but instead of 0 kills or 1 kills it's dying with 3-5 kills. It's interesting how playing just as riskily as you can handle can benefit you but it requires different tradeoffs. I can float sneak at the drop to the edge of the map and loot a whole town by myself and sometimes get all the gear but I can also drop Pochinki find a shotty and kill someone who found the nearest SCAR. The stock buildings are actually well designed. I've been playing this game for weeks and realized that in 1PP defense in the buildings can be defeated. The attacker can run in circles and lob grenades in all the windows or corner you in a bathroom. So attacking with shotgun at 10 ft ranges in Pochinki is more fun than dying from who knows what direction in a corn field with an m16 and a 4x and two clips you found at Stalber. Also the progressive looting/kill tradeoff is great. If I loot ten buildings I'll probably find a 4x or an AR suppressor but not both. But kill someone around the ten minute mark in a dense town and 50% they have one of these. I spend a lot of time being a loot bandit. Don't. Just go kill someone and see what loot they and the people they killed found for you.

tl;dr loot = loot. killing = exponential loot

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

VulgarandStupid posted:

No, if someone is killing your teammates with a shotgun, you HAVE to charge them and then shoot 5 feet to their left for no reason.

I turned general chat back on just because its so much fun to hear people cry cheat! when you kill them. One guy barely winged me with two shotgun blasts like 10ft away then after I killed him said "yeah right two shotgun blasts to your body with no armor, hacker".

Also tried looting the starting island for once and it wasnt bad. Got a nice variety of weapons, plenty of meds and scopes too. Only problem was chasing the blue line getting back used up some meds. There was actually an afk guy on the island who apparently didnt get loaded on the plane? Didnt even know that was possible.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 2, 2017

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The world would be a better place if parents drilled into their kids' heads that they are worthless and will achieve nothing of value in their pointless lives thus letting the kids grow up with the appropriate amount of self-hatred to blame themselves for their faults as adults, but it would also be less funny since there'd be less losers blaming lag and hacks in voice chat when you own them.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Shima Honnou posted:

The world would be a better place if parents drilled into their kids' heads that they are worthless and will achieve nothing of value in their pointless lives thus letting the kids grow up with the appropriate amount of self-hatred to blame themselves for their faults as adults, but it would also be less funny since there'd be less losers blaming lag and hacks in voice chat when you own them.

Shouldn't this be applied to a much bigger picture, aka life?

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

Just bought the game, I suck. Love it.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Pretty sure that was the point of the post. Trading off a more cohesive society for salt and tears in fleeting virtual experiences.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
here is a very useful tool to enhance your gameplay experience:

https://www.indifferentlanguages.com/words/school

VulgarandStupid posted:

maybe this:

Ninjalicious posted:

loot = loot. killing = exponential loot

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

people get mad for some reason that i'm solo in squad games.

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

Gave in and picked up this dumb game. Highest rank I've gotten so far was my first match where I accidentally solo queued waiting for a friend to get on. Top 10 baby and I didn't even know I could crouch move.

It seems like a lot of fun.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

just won duos because the gas station my friend and I holed up in kept landing inside the circle, and someone on the outside of the cement walls kept sniping everyone who got close until we killed him for the win. Thanks for the cover, guy

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Have any other AMD GPU users been having problems with their game's crashing to desktop lately. Or in the last few months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jiro posted:

AMD GPU user

Found your problem

• Locked thread