Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Weed's the gateway. No please ignore that even I am associating the opiod problem with prescription bottles. It's the weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
ramirez is so ooooooooooold

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
To be fair, arranging pills, spoons, syringes, and lighters into the shape of a pot leaf sounds like the kind of thing I would do high.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Trump is drowning.
There is no sign of land.
Dems are going down with them.
Dressed as captain Ahab.

The toon is lies.
It's all lies.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Trump is the one caricature that 'benefits' from Marlette's style.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I am afraid I have a touch of the stupids, as I didn't even realize this was an anti-marijuana toon.

Yeah, I thought it was meant to be a diss on Canada at first.

Also, this:

TGLT posted:

Weed's the gateway. No please ignore that even I am associating the opioid problem with prescription bottles. It's the weed.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/shallowbrigade/status/862351819024076800

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

It's worth noting that Marvel is run by Isaac Perlmutter, a big Trump donor and frequent Mar-A-Lago guest.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Edit: poo poo, I thought this was about the X-Men comics artist who kept inserting antisemitic poo poo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fulchrum posted:

No, Marvel is run by Disney, and they will not hesitate to come down on the head of anyone who does something like that.

Are you just too lazy to use google?

quote:

Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter (Hebrew: יצחק "אייק" פרלמוטר‎‎; December 1, 1942) is an Israeli-American businessperson and financier. He has been the CEO of Marvel Entertainment since January 1, 2005.[4][5]

quote:

Political involvement[edit]
In 2015, Laura Perlmutter donated $2 million to a Super PAC supporting the presidential candidacy of Sen. Marco Rubio.[2]

In January 2016, according to Donald Trump, Isaac intended to donate $1 million to the presidential candidate's wounded veterans initiative at Drake University.[13]

On June 30, 2016, Laura Perlmutter donated $449,400 to a PAC supporting Donald Trump, and later was part of Trump's Inauguration committee.[14]

In April 2017, Perlmutter was categorized by the New York Times as one of the "Clubgoers" among twenty people whom President Trump consults "outside the White House gates". He "has been informally advising ... on veterans issues [and] ... has been a presence" at Mar-a-Lago, according to the account.[15]

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Seriously? Someone got fired for loving Superdickery? Hell, faking out by making superheroes look like villains is exactly as old as the concept of superheroes. The cover of Action Comics 1 is Superman smashing peoples cars in the middle of the city.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Are you just too lazy to use google?

Yeah, and if Disney don't like something and tell him to get rid of it, he's either going to listen or be out of a job. I thought it was a different artist, but the point stands.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-FUcrQhTBY

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Technowolf posted:

Trump is the one caricature that 'benefits' from Marlette's style.

I choose to believe Marlette attempted to portray Trump with the blank eyes of a cave-fish.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Just to be perfectly clear - EMTALA doesn't cover cancer unless it's about to kill you right now. According to the US government, people dying of cancer, even treatable cancer, is a-ok.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fulchrum posted:

Seriously? Someone got fired for loving Superdickery? Hell, faking out by making superheroes look like villains is exactly as old as the concept of superheroes. The cover of Action Comics 1 is Superman smashing peoples cars in the middle of the city.

Yeah, and if Disney don't like something and tell him to get rid of it, he's either going to listen or be out of a job. I thought it was a different artist, but the point stands.

Marvel is currently running multiple storylines where Hydra, the not-Nazi organization are secretly heroes. Marvel is a lovely company run by an aggressively lovely CEO and owned by the historically lovely Disney.

What exactly do you think Disney is going to do to the guy? He's still CEO and is in regular contact with Trump and gave him not-insignificant donations during the campaign. What would they do at this point? Vague "threats" about him losing his job are pretty meaningless when you 1) don't work at Disney, 2) Disney hasn't done anything to him and 3) Disney as a company doesn't hold any particularly liberal beliefs.

E: If donating $400,000 and bragging about how he's an unofficial adviser to Trump at Mar-A-Lago didn't prompt Disney to take action then they just don't care.

Don't buy Marvel comics.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 11, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Jay Rust posted:

FronzelNeekburm posted:

...What?

Nonsense, it was an election year.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

Are you finding a way to bring up anti-sematisim on a daily basis now?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cheen posted:

Are you finding a way to bring up anti-sematisim on a daily basis now?

Isaac Perlmutter is Isreali-American and also isn't even an artist :confused:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Benghazi (represented by rain clouds) were going to wash away Hillary's campaign (represented by a painted billboard).

Not a hard visual image to follow. Stupid, but not hard.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill

Don't buy Marvel comics.

Why is everything a boycott? You know, there are likely plenty that work for that company that don't agree with those politics.

Also who cares. If it's a bad story just wait until the next writer takes over and it's all been retconned.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

Starving Wolf fucked around with this message at 11:00 on May 11, 2017

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

1) don't work at Disney, 2) Disney hasn't done anything to him and 3) Disney as a company doesn't hold any particularly liberal beliefs.

E: If donating $400,000 and bragging about how he's an unofficial adviser to Trump at Mar-A-Lago didn't prompt Disney to take action then they just don't care.

Don't buy Marvel comics.

Disney is all about optics, which is why they unofficially support the Gay Days at their parks. People know Disney owns Marvel. If people start going "Disney employs Nazis" rather than "Disney has people who support Trump," they can't risk Disney merch dollars going down. Disney dumped ICP from a record label almost no one knew they owned, just for PR. A Marvel CEO getting turfed sends WAY better PR.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

They haven't been fired, and it's not Superdickery given it's been an ongoing story for almost a year and will be for several months to come. It'll be walked back eventually but it's very different from Superman trying to kill Aquaman by not letting him drink water or whatever.

I really doubt Perlmutter has any involvement in it either.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

Why is everything a boycott? You know, there are likely plenty that work for that company that don't agree with those politics.

Also who cares. If it's a bad story just wait until the next writer takes over and it's all been retconned.

Lol just lol if you pay for comics.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Duckbag posted:

Lol just lol if you pay for comics.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i don't even understand this one but 'im guessing it's a lovely opinion

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Kurtofan posted:

It's meant to be France I think? The joke is that with Macron in charge it's been thoroughly islamified and the Eiffel tower is covered with a veil.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

It's the Eiffel Tower in a burqa.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

For what it's worth I knew what it was but went right ahead and chose to believe McCoy drew a giant dick covered in a garbage bag.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Orabilis posted:

Why does it look like the tower of Babel then? I could have sworn this was a different bad opinion.

God, these people are bad at their jobs.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Orabilis posted:

I seriously didn't get that. That is the laziest cityscape I've ever seen drawn.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

THAT IS THE GATEWAY DRUG YOU INCREDIBLY DENSE gently caress

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
oh yeah thought it was rome for some reason, eat dick mccoy

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Johnny Walker posted:

I seriously didn't get that. That is the laziest cityscape I've ever seen drawn.

First google image result for "Paris skyline"

I think we know what he based that on.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

oh yeah thought it was rome for some reason, eat dick mccoy

The domed church probably.

It does look like Sacre Coeur drawn by a terrible artist, I guess?

E: Or yeah, that picture.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 07:45 on May 11, 2017

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Covering up the Eifel Tower would be a terrible thing that no good could ever come of.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

I appreciate that when you translate these you make the text infuriatingly small so it's basically impossible to read. It's especially nice since we can all see that there's a ton of white space left that could have been used to make the text readable but you chose not to go that route. And that makes you a maverick.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Marvel is currently running multiple storylines where Hydra, the not-Nazi organization are secretly heroes. Marvel is a lovely company run by an aggressively lovely CEO and owned by the historically lovely Disney.

I'm not reading Secret Empire because I have better comics to read and Nick Spencer is a Bad™ but isn't the plot that Captain America is a fascist now through shenanigans and using Hydra to conquer America or something, not that they're being painted as good guys?

IDGI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It's just cold porridge.

• Locked thread