Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Angry Boat posted:

Is there any way to spawn individual NPCs as followers/companions? It's shameful that nobody has made a mod specifically to make Boxcars a companion.

Console commands can spawn things, but the actor has to be a follower in the first place to do that thing that you want I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
My Doc Mitchell is stuck in a loop where he finds me, asks how I'm holding up, and then when I leave the conversation he forces another conversation to start asking how I'm holding up again. I've resurrected him but he won't stop. How can I fix this? Is this indicative of some fuckup in my load order?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Drevoak posted:

I noticed that there's several mods listed that haven't been updated in a year or more. I just imagine using mods that were created back in 2010 with overhauls and such made this year are bound to give issues.
Just looking at when a mod was last updated isn't the best way to judge wether it's worth using or not. When a mod is finished, it doesn't need any updates after all.
Sure, some compatiblity issues between various mods are to be expected. But you can and will have those with two mods that were both made yesterday.

Drevoak posted:

Is Darnified still the go to UI mod? Darn gave up on it quite a while ago and MTUI is dead as well and isn't compatible with some overhauls.
Darn works fine. Can't say anything about MTUI because I've never looked at it.
Check the Unified HUD Project for compatiblity files between mods that add hud elements.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Drevoak posted:

How up to date is the OP? I know new mods are added to the OP but are any old ones removed? I noticed that there's several mods listed that haven't been updated in a year or more. I just imagine using mods that were created back in 2010 with overhauls and such made this year are bound to give issues. Is Darnified still the go to UI mod? Darn gave up on it quite a while ago and MTUI is dead as well and isn't compatible with some overhauls.

At the very top of the OP is when it was last updated. The OP is kept up to date. It is unnecessary for mods to be constantly updated, especially if they do simple things that subsequent patches and DLC do not touch.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Something that should go in the OP is "~ closeallmenus" because that lets you escape from busted dialog that loses the exit conversation options.

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Naky posted:

.357 is 9x33mm, VSS uses 9x39mm. There are differences between the two's velocities but they both have roughly the same muzzle energy. I could have used 5mm but people bitched the last time I used it, plus it has inherent in-game abilities of ignoring DT. But hey, looks like people are gonna bitch that I used .357 too so I can't win. Quite frankly, ask me if I give a gently caress.
Are there different bullet velocities for rifle/pistol rounds in game? I've noticed some travel time for shotguns but never rifles

If there isn't I'm probably going to change it in the GECK to fire .308 to use the proper rifle powder/primers. For me that's more important than bullet diameter/relative muzzle energy/whatever

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Chronojam posted:

Something that should go in the OP is "~ closeallmenus" because that lets you escape from busted dialog that loses the exit conversation options.

Since you mentioned it, I'd actually like to see what are the top 5-10 console commands that get used, so I could throw them in a single FAQ question. The OP already has a link to complete console command list at the top of the page, but I don't think a lot of people see it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Since you mentioned it, I'd actually like to see what are the top 5-10 console commands that get used, so I could throw them in a single FAQ question. The OP already has a link to complete console command list at the top of the page, but I don't think a lot of people see it.

TCL obviously. I also use tgm and setscale when I'm loving around.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

Are there different bullet velocities for rifle/pistol rounds in game? I've noticed some travel time for shotguns but never rifles

If there isn't I'm probably going to change it in the GECK to fire .308 to use the proper rifle powder/primers. For me that's more important than bullet diameter/relative muzzle energy/whatever

Bullet speed can vary but successful hits are determined by a hitscan at the moment a weapon is fired. No ballistics calculation are made (the option is there but it's only enabled by default for larger slower projectiles like the 40mm grenade), so as long as your target was aligned at the moment of firing the bullet will hit no matter the eventual position of the target. The hit itself, however, is delayed according to the distance and bullet velocity (even if the target's moved way off your initial line of fire by the time the hit occurs).

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Brainamp posted:

TCL obviously. I also use tgm and setscale when I'm loving around.

coc is good when you get yourself lost, or even TCL can't slide you away from something.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

I sent it to the guy so he could do his own changes on it. At the moment it's literally just a reskin of the 12.7mm pistol that shoots BBs.
This ENB thing is not as amazing as I first thought it was. it has a tendency to wash everything out and gently caress with the sky textures alot.

A side note really, but the Dollhouse quest mod is pretty fun and hilarious. It's a really challenging classic dungeon run with an army of goofy looking robots to blow up. (though you'll probably need to look up a guide to beat it since it's not entirely clear HOW to beat it.)

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 15, 2013

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
Is there a repository of new vegas sound effects anywhere? I'd like to use the new area discovered sound on my phone.

Edit: Good idea, thanks Naky.

Edit2: Here it is in case anyone else is interested http://www.mediafire.com/?g3d23c9lbo4pp5m

The Sweetling fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 16, 2013

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

The Sweetling posted:

Is there a repository of new vegas sound effects anywhere? I'd like to use the new area discovered sound on my phone.

Use BSA browser to extract the sound yourself if you have it installed.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

The official download for the Tale Of Two Wastelands mod is incredibly slow, anyone got a mirror?

EDIT: Scratch that, it picked up as I was writing that. :v:

cis_eraser_420 fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 17, 2013

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
Can someone take a look at my load order and see if I have something in the completely wrong spot? I installed every mod one by one and made sure that it worked fine. I had BOSS autosort the load order. However after putting 5 hours into the game I am running into issues. I've got several different issues and I cannot see a specific mod causing it. I've tried googling but no real good answers.

Game cannot load a save, I had this happen back when I played a year ago but it's happening a lot more than I remember. I know other people have had this happen but I can load a previous save just fine.

When I aim down the sights it will zoom in instantly, once it happens it will not going away unless I quit the game.

Sometimes when I am sneaking and attempting to snipe an enemy it is as if my bullets aren't doing anything. No damage occurs, the enemy isn't alerted and they don't turn aggressive. I'll reload the gun and then they'll react once I fire again.

The AI has some pathing issue, if I attack an enemy and they start moving towards me and if they run into an object they no longer become aggressive for a couple seconds. I actually see their red symbol on the compass switch to blue.

Load Order

The load order looks like a lot but its really barely 20 mods, most of them are just compatibility patches.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://www.newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49709

Released a Metro 2033 double barrel shotgun, get it while it's hot.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Metro had the coolest guns.

Oh don't mind me, I'm just a chopped up and cut down DShK rechambered for 12 gauge. :black101:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Their interactivity lends a lot of personality to the equipment, too. Maintaining the proper air pressure on the ball bearing gun, or a charge on your night vision goggles, was a surprisingly immersive feature that I wish more games would implement--especially games in this particular genre.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Arenovalis posted:

If it wasn't for the fact that the animations would be loving awful I'd want to see the revolver shotgun, but considering how awful they looked on that black powder gun earlier, I'll happily just let it sit in my memory.

I loved how Metro 2033 had all the HUD elements be actual things (other than like gun selection and ammo I think) always had visible indications of how poo poo was working. It was so nice. Metro 2033 is the best game.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Arenovalis posted:

That is amazing.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Arenovalis posted:

Nice work.

I noticed you did a PP-19 Kedr for LURK. I love the model and skin. Have you thought about porting that over to New Vegas as well?

I also must second a FAL request.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Their interactivity lends a lot of personality to the equipment, too. Maintaining the proper air pressure on the ball bearing gun, or a charge on your night vision goggles, was a surprisingly immersive feature that I wish more games would implement--especially games in this particular genre.

The unique idle animations for all the guns was pretty cool too.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The automated cleaning tools in FNVEdit seem to break the Vurt's WFO somehow, so I've started doing it by hand. :suicide: I need to have my loving head examined.

You would not believe how thoroughly broken this mod is. :psyduck:

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Good news, everyone! A very nice modder going by the name of nyrb was kind enough to make a FOMOD ready archive for the final version of CCO. This means no more dragging and dropping or searching for which patches you need - just pick what you want to install and what DLCs/mods you have, and the installer will install the patches you need automatically. Couldn't be simpler! You can download it at the usual place. Again, a big thanks to nyrb for doing this. Send tribute his way.

That other game-thing is coming along pretty well too. I think. 6,000 word design documents and dialogue trees and oh dear what beast have I unleashed :ohdear:

Happy gaming.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Cirosan posted:

Good news, everyone! A very nice modder going by the name of nyrb was kind enough to make a FOMOD ready archive for the final version of CCO. This means no more dragging and dropping or searching for which patches you need - just pick what you want to install and what DLCs/mods you have, and the installer will install the patches you need automatically. Couldn't be simpler! You can download it at the usual place. Again, a big thanks to nyrb for doing this. Send tribute his way.

That other game-thing is coming along pretty well too. I think. 6,000 word design documents and dialogue trees and oh dear what beast have I unleashed :ohdear:

Happy gaming.

Keep us appraised, I'd be happy to lend a hand in some way if you ever need it.

A FOMOD installer is exactly what a modular thing like CCO needs though.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SplitSoul posted:

The automated cleaning tools in FNVEdit seem to break the Vurt's WFO somehow, so I've started doing it by hand. :suicide: I need to have my loving head examined.

You would not believe how thoroughly broken this mod is. :psyduck:

Good thing is, you can share it for the rest of us when you're done. We can host it with da rest of da geckoz.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

So this may seem like a dumb question, but is ENB really worth it? Also, is there a guide that shows you how to tweak it so that it doesnt look like rear end?

Edit: Never mind, turns out that running the 4gb exe through FoMM was somehow disabling everything. Also, turns out that I dont need to run NV through FoMM to get mods to work.

Mephiston fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 21, 2013

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Naky posted:

Good thing is, you can share it for the rest of us when you're done. We can host it with da rest of da geckoz.

Will do.

I even tried modifying the undelete script to only change the Deleted flag and hopefully save a whoooole lot of time, but it still appears to change something that makes the game crash before the main menu. If I only knew what that was. :(

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

Colon Semicolon posted:

A side note really, but the Dollhouse quest mod is pretty fun and hilarious. It's a really challenging classic dungeon run with an army of goofy looking robots to blow up. (though you'll probably need to look up a guide to beat it since it's not entirely clear HOW to beat it.)

Seconding this. The guy who made it did some pretty neat things with the level design and some of the equipment is fun as heck. Minecraft creeper grenades? Yes please!

As for how to beat it, the whole thing is really quite linear. Most doors are locked and you have to find the keys one at a time. The room that you have to start with is the classroom, where you have to pickpocket the key from one of the dolls.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
What is the best mod for making a custom radio station with my mp3s? Preferably something simple because I have no real modding experience.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Atticus_1354 posted:

What is the best mod for making a custom radio station with my mp3s? Preferably something simple because I have no real modding experience.

New Vegas Radio Extender is really only the one I know of, and is very user friendly.

I also recommend The Hellbenders album "Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die". It should be on amazon/iTunes and it fits the game so well.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

With as big a pain in the rear end as NVRE can be to set up (though not that big), I found it was just easier to load up Winamp with a playlist.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

SpookyLizard posted:

New Vegas Radio Extender is really only the one I know of, and is very user friendly.

I also recommend The Hellbenders album "Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die". It should be on amazon/iTunes and it fits the game so well.

I was thinking about Fever Ray for the basis of a new station. I will look at that album also.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

With as big a pain in the rear end as NVRE can be to set up (though not that big), I found it was just easier to load up Winamp with a playlist.

What are your talking about? You nth row stuff in in a folder, run a couple of batch files, and make sure you include your new esp n the load order. I'll check out that Fever Ray album later, but the last time I used NVRE I had a mix of Sinatra and Hellbenders and some other Vegas-y/Rat Pack type stuff. I tend to keep on the thematic side, my self.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SpookyLizard posted:

What are your talking about? You nth row stuff in in a folder, run a couple of batch files, and make sure you include your new esp n the load order. I'll check out that Fever Ray album later, but the last time I used NVRE I had a mix of Sinatra and Hellbenders and some other Vegas-y/Rat Pack type stuff. I tend to keep on the thematic side, my self.

Still harder than spending 3 seconds to load a Winamp playlist.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Except then you lack the ability to switch between radio and BGM or having the music automatically lower for things. Also you're using Winamp what is this the nineties

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SpookyLizard posted:

Except then you lack the ability to switch between radio and BGM or having the music automatically lower for things. Also you're using Winamp what is this the nineties

The BGM is pretty awful after about an hour, and at least it isn't loving iTunes.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The BGM is pretty awful after about an hour, and at least it isn't loving iTunes.

Neither is foobar2000, which has the added benefit of also being basically WinAmp.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I like the BGM. I like the vanilla music, but it does need an injection of variety. Besides, alt tabbing to change up your music is dumb.

Also apparently iTunes is awful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SpookyLizard posted:

Also apparently iTunes is awful?

It's the loving drizzling shits, even if their tablets and PC monitors are still the best.

People looking for thematically appropriate music might enjoy more Marty Robbins and Johnny Horton. Or, if you can find the original Red Dead Revolver soundtrack.