Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also they put out a lot of stuff because everything they do is pretty short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Anyway Lets all reread pink rush and then read Karubania Monogatari so we can all have good taste like me.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

1. i think you are getting her confused with the married couple that draws themselves as rabbits in their afterwords
2. if mochi au lait suddenly turned out to be a team all along it would be two sisters
They're listed as a woman and a man on baka-updates, as was originally talked about in a Twitter AMA about half a year ago according to my IRC logs - although I mis-remembered a bit, as they're not a couple and are just living together.
In a subsequent tweet, one of them said they were happy to be mistaken for a man.

This is also the couple that wanted to draw BL but felt they like they couldn't draw men, but they're clearly capable of working with other artists so I think they should make BL if they want to.

The Colonel posted:

mochi au lait is a secret congregation of lesbians who all have one really janky identical art style and an unlimited brain base of ideas for problematic yuri

Well, Mochi au Lait also did this which seems to indicate they are working to make their janky art style less of that, while still retaining the very unique look. Still problematic, though.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Anyway Lets all reread pink rush and then read Karubania Monogatari so we can all have good taste like me.
:hmmyes:
EDIT: Oh wow, I'd completely missed Karubania Monogatari - thanks for that recommendation!

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 15, 2019

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm hesitant to trust mangaupdates 100% for every detail about a creator

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It looks like it came from this AMA

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Colonel posted:

mochi au lait is a secret congregation of lesbians who all have one really janky identical art style and an unlimited brain base of ideas for problematic yuri

this is a good premise for a yuri manga

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im very gunshy on talking too much about manga creators identities, esp. in western spaces, unless there's literal definitive proof

for years people thought the lady that wrote sharnoth and the other games in that series was a guy just because some guy she went drinking with once made a joke about her being 'one of the guys' and someone google translated it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

this is a good premise for a yuri manga

That's basically Kuzushiro, minus the jankiness of late.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The most important information from this AMA is they like AC/DC and Lynyrd Skynyrd

Endorph posted:

im very gunshy on talking too much about manga creators identities, esp. in western spaces, unless there's literal definitive proof

for years people thought the lady that wrote sharnoth and the other games in that series was a guy just because some guy she went drinking with once made a joke about her being 'one of the guys' and someone google translated it

yeah even reading these tweets its all through google translate so the only thing i still trust out of this is the fact they love southern rock

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 15, 2019

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

D. Ebdrup posted:

EDIT: Oh wow, I'd completely missed Karubania Monogatari - thanks for that recommendation!

Yeah the butch lady is hot

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Snooze Cruise posted:

more ikoku nikki

The ikeman cometh

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I believe the technical term is "bifauxnen".

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Hatsukoi Zombie got a one-page epilogue.

(Ebino was robbed.)

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mikl posted:

(Ebino was robbed.)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Nah, she deserves better than that piece of poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I believe the technical term is "bifauxnen".

No it isnt

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

the technical term is "hot"

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

MonsieurChoc posted:

Nah, she deserves better than that piece of poo poo.

Ebino was too good for that comic

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

New chapter of Dumb Prefect and Delinquent Girl

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Things are progressing fast in Liberty lately
Previous chapter

Current chapter

she upgraded to bed privileges very quickly

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Snooze Cruise posted:

Things are progressing fast in Liberty lately
Previous chapter

Current chapter

she upgraded to bed privileges very quickly

The worst part is when they put their chin on the edge and just stare at you.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The entire last arc of that was too stupid for me to bother finishing it, but that epilogue almost makes it worth it.

How did it end? It totally lost me at the time it acted like the main character's imaginary friend being bad for him was a shocking twist or something.

e: I think the biggest problem is how astoundingly lame the main character was. He was almost like a satire of the main character of a manga like this, like the guy from School Days or something. The only appropriate ending would have been him sitting around with his imaginary friend while everyone else moved on with their lives.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 17, 2019

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:siren:
Bokura no Shikisai is finally getting translated

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Extra long Adachi And Shimamura chapter to offset the wait.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Longer version of same, with a "where are they now?" photo collage included. Ebino continues to be robbed, but at least Kazuki hit the jackpot.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ebino got robbed of even an adult rendition of herself lol

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New The Woman You Are And Me, in which we get ace rep.

I'm really really liking this manga.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I love it too, its real good.

That said, sports senpai needs a swift kick in the dick, he has just been awful to both our main girls. He isn't malicious about it but that almost makes it worse, its purely ignorant cruelty.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Mikl posted:

New The Woman You Are And Me, in which we get ace rep.

I'm really really liking this manga.

I think they might be aromantic instead. It could be they're ace or both, but from what little we got due to cliffhanger shenanigans we're just going to have to wait for the next chapter to hopefully give a little more detail.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

gnome7 posted:

That said, sports senpai needs a swift kick in the dick, he has just been awful to both our main girls. He isn't malicious about it but that almost makes it worse, its purely ignorant cruelty.

Kinda hard not to infer some degree of malice from *girl runs away from you in terror* "Hey could you give me her contact information?" Like maybe malice isn't the right word but that's pretty deep into rear end in a top hat territory right there.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

gnome7 posted:

ZiegeDame posted:

Kinda hard not to infer some degree of malice from *girl runs away from you in terror* "Hey could you give me her contact information?" Like maybe malice isn't the right word but that's pretty deep into rear end in a top hat territory right there.

Hime isn't running way because they're scared. Hime is running away cause they hate being treated like a girl and also enjoys being seen as a boy.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
josei romcom Sweet Seduction: Under the Same Roof with The Guy I Hate

Cohabitation with a coworker; fairly quick pace, nice clean art style, and the main character being outgoing and brash is fun for this kind of story, gives her some room for personal growth as well.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
More Elf Boyfriend And Tomboy Girlfriend. https://mangadex.org/title/37911/elf-boyfriend-boyish-girlfriend

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1174414604358823936

Glad to see this one get licensed.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It's good to see it's being licensed, but... That's an odd translation?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah I liked "Useless" more than "Failed", but eh, details. v:v:v

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Same as with My Monster Secret. I grew so used to Truthism that it felt odd to call it anything else at first.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Failed Princesses makes it sound like its in the same genre of like movies with bad in a title like Bad Moms or Bad Santa

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

100% of this thread would adore Bad Princesses tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mors Rattus posted:

100% of this thread would adore Bad Princesses tho

look i would get it on redbox and think it was a 7/10 i am not saying the theoretical movie bad princesses is awful