Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Ours got axed last week with a mandatory 14 day WFH for anyone who travels personally to impacted areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

They finally made it to banning cross border travel for us. Maybe all travel is tomorrow.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Wife's conference in Toronto got cancelled. American wants to charge a $200 change fee. Hopefully Amex pulls through?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I have to go to San Francisco in 2 weeks. What are the odds that Lyft will pick me up from/take me to the airport.

I do not plan to mention that my destination is to work in an infectious disease center for 3 days :v:

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Residency Evil posted:

Wife's conference in Toronto got cancelled. American wants to charge a $200 change fee. Hopefully Amex pulls through?

Did you call American or is this just what the website is showing for the change option?

VVV Wow that's BS.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Inner Light posted:

Did you call American or is this just what the website is showing for the change option?

She called American.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Cacafuego posted:

I have to go to San Francisco in 2 weeks. What are the odds that Lyft will pick me up from/take me to the airport.

I do not plan to mention that my destination is to work in an infectious disease center for 3 days :v:

I think you already know this, but nobody knows what this looks like in 2 weeks. Planning travel right now is kinda stupid. It doesn't even matter what the real risk is in these terms, it's about what the reaction is/may be. Seems like a really good way to get jammed up.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
So what you're telling me is the fact that I've got a new gig starting in early April which has a game plan of having me travel to BOS for the first three weeks and then the 2-4 trips per month to visit clients may not work out as planned?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Residency Evil posted:

She called American.

You may just need to wait a few days to try again. United and Delta have both sent me emails saying that they'll refund all flights if you want to bail

edit: reading the email more closely it says they're providing "flexible waivers" and idk what that means

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Motronic posted:

I think you already know this, but nobody knows what this looks like in 2 weeks. Planning travel right now is kinda stupid. It doesn't even matter what the real risk is in these terms, it's about what the reaction is/may be. Seems like a really good way to get jammed up.

Good point and understandable, but I still have to work one way or the other and I’m a serial planner, so I’ll probably just book a car.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Cacafuego posted:

Good point and understandable, but I still have to work one way or the other and I’m a serial planner, so I’ll probably just book a car.

Yeah if you have to travel book one now, then when you're close to this you'll know if that's realistic/good enough.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I'm on domestic and international travel hold (other than driving, which is kind of weird) as of yesterday, too.

:cheers: grounded buddies

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I have a pending trip to Fresno next week that I'm hoping beyond hope gets canceled.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Going to the NY Auto Show next month seems unlikely. I'm 80% sure it'll get cancelled so I haven't even booked travel yet, but who knows.

Still have a thing in Monterey next week and then Munich the week after though.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I'm on domestic and international travel hold (other than driving, which is kind of weird) as of yesterday, too.

:cheers: grounded buddies
Attended a 5,000+ person fleet show last week.
Attending a 800+ person company meeting this week with confirmed cases in the airport, schools, and downtown office buildings around here.

I'm gettin' coronavirus y'all! No official company stance on canceling travel, but can't travel if you are quarantined!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Somebody brought the 'rona to our DC office so that's shut down and my week-long training got canceled. Client service never sleeps though so I'm still going to MSP weekly. The ATL airport was spooky empty yesterday morning.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Still got a trip planned next week that hasn't been cancelled yet. :shrug: I guess they don't care about travel within the US.

antiga
Jan 16, 2013

Consultant here. All non essential travel posrponed for two months* for the safety of our employees

*Client work, which is 99.9% of our travel, of course remains essential

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

antiga posted:

Consultant here. All non essential travel posrponed for two months* for the safety of our employees

Ditto. The emails corporate is sending out are actually commendable in how much fake caring is packed into them. "Your and our clients safety is our biggest concern all the way up until it means we might start losing revenue, so get on that plane to the hotzone bitch" basically

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

antiga posted:

our client work got pushed to "needs CEO level approval" unless it's within driving distance

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

drgitlin posted:

Going to the NY Auto Show next month seems unlikely. I'm 80% sure it'll get cancelled so I haven't even booked travel yet, but who knows.

Still have a thing in Monterey next week and then Munich the week after though.

Good news (?) it got pushed back to August. Surprised they didn't outright cancel it like Geneva.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Non essential requires approval but no guidelines given

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

antiga posted:

It's up to the leaders of your work streams 🙄

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Just got an email that someone else who attended a conference in Orlando I went to last month has tested positive for Corona Virus. Yikes

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Mandalay posted:

Just got an email that someone else who attended a conference in Orlando I went to last month has tested positive for Corona Virus. Yikes

Can you share anything else? I live in Orlando and we’ve not heard anything about this yet.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Two Exabeam employees that were at RSA in SF two weeks ago are sick:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-10/engineer-who-attended-cybersecurity-event-contracts-coronavirus

Selfishly glad I didn't go to RSA.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Cacafuego posted:

Can you share anything else? I live in Orlando and we’ve not heard anything about this yet.

It was like a 150? person conference at the Disney Coronado Springs. I don’t see any other links. I haven’t had symptoms.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
I had an iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods charging station I liked but it didn't hold up well under travel and it also doesn't fit the AirPod Pros. Curious if anyone had any recommendations for a good travel-friendly one?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

MCO admirals club busier than I’ve ever seen it. So much for people not traveling :v:

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
New gig has canceled the three weeks in BOS but will still on board me with the regular start date and we'll figure it out from there. :coal:

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Looking much less likely that even the mini-vacation to Vegas later this month isn't happening.

Or the May trade show (I figured it'd get canceled at some point).
Or the June trade show.

Wonder if I can still go on my vacay in May. It isn't to a hotel, so we could still isolate, but I'd have to travel via air.

However, post Chapter 11 the turn-around CEO for Boeing will be a good signal to load up some BA stock.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm looking at flights from Vegas to Hawaii right now. $220 round trip in April. I'm so tempted.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I got on the plane to RDU and the lady from Duke called me at 10pm telling me not to come to the visit I was expecting to do at 10am. IDGAF, I’m here I’ll try to do it and if they don’t want me to, whatever, I’ll go home :lol:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

So I guess the question at this point is who's still actually traveling?

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I am going to DC next week. And Colorado Springs the week after. My boss has basically said how long we're on the road is up to us. He's set up online instances of some of our classes just in case.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I work in ops/manufacturing consulting so yeah no end in sight to the travel.
Due diligence projects have taken a hit as PE firms aren't eager to move assets with the economy being shaky, but implementations are going strong.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I'm driving to Philly tomorrow. Not for work; for my birthday.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Wife and I are theoretically still going skiing next weekend, then I’m going to LA in a few weeks. Personal travelers who aren’t reliant on your weak corporate travel policies. :smug:

KillHour posted:

I'm driving to Philly tomorrow. Not for work; for my birthday.

Can I drive the Aston?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Audi cancelled the Munich thing on Monday but didn’t bother telling me, so after Monterey next week that’s it for my travel schedule.

For all the bitching I do about having to travel, I think I will miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Can I drive the Aston?

I might be able to convince the gf to meet somewhere for a beer and/or impromptu car show.